Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Miyabigaoka Academy

"Well... I'm not saying it doesn't fly," was his retort, made with a sly grin toward the young woman. Though he admittedly had no earthly clue what all the features of this vehicle were just yet, he had found what could be considered the most important ones for normal functions. "I am one of the G-Men. Our job is to police Storm Riders, and being of a high rank, I'm expected to be able to keep up with higher-tier Storm Riders. So... everything I ride goes fast, and high."

"Oh?" she said, it was quite interesting to think of a motorcycle could fly, but given the fact people could fly, it would only make sense for other modes of transportation to start keeping up with trends. As if to emphasize this line of thought the blonde haired man she was now speaking to, went on to explain that he was one of the Windstorm G-Men and thus he had to be able to reach the places higher tier riders go, colloquially known as up. "Hai~ I suppose that makes sense. But never heard of any street legal flying motorcycles before~" she said a smile coming to her face.

"That's the amazing thing about it," he said when Shizuka stated that she'd never heard of a motorcycle that could fly the way ATs did. Such a thing was a standard for transportation within Trophaeum City, though even with that being the case, he had claimed an exceptional model among such vehicles. "There's no such thing in the known parts of the world. You wouldn't happen to be curious, would you?" he asked, wondering if perhaps the Echo Queen wished to see what such technology was capable of outside of ATs themselves.

"Oh I bet." she said when he mentioned that the most amazing thing about it, was that ones like them didn't exist in the known world. She could tell that information just by looking at it. Regardless when asked if she was curious about the capabilities of his vehicle. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't curious and as such a smile came over her face. "Well, I'd be remiss not to see what it was capable of~" she mentioned. But when she said this it became a matter of indulgence. "But that begs the question are we racing or are you offering me a ride?" she asked of the man. In either case she'd have a good time, but she wondered the intentions of the man before her.

Shigeru sat straight up once Shizuka confirmed his theory of her curiosity. A grin was brought to his face, but there was then the matter of whether he intended to race or offer the young woman a ride on his vehicle. He hadn't quite thought that far into it, but he supposed either was technically possible. "I guess, either or. The latter would require a seating arrangement that's a bit... intimate compared to a normal motorcycle, though. It was designed for one, but there's a bit of wiggle room."

"Yare, yare. Didn't think that through huh?" Shizuka mentioned finding a bit of humor in this moment. Given the type of people she and her generation in general were, she didn't much force uncomfortable situations. He was a nice guy so she was more than willing to have a bit of fun with him. "The answer is both." she said with a smile. "While I don't mind an intimate seating arrangement, I'm not too sure about your driving skills just yet~" she said as if it was a challenge. "So, race first to let's say... just outside the school district and construction zone and if you win, I'll trust your diving skills and you can show me how you fly~" this was the offer of the young woman who wanted to see the capabilities of the bike both from an academic perspective and from the perspective of having a bit of fun.

"It... got away from me; yeah." This was the last thing Shigeru had to say about the rest of the idea surrounding his offer. It seemed to be the case that Shizuka had an interest in both ideas, albeit with a race first to check his driving ability. This was more than fine with him, as he'd yet to have a proper race with the vehicle. "Sounds like a plan to me," he said while taking the bike out of low power mode. "Line at the top of the tallest building in the construction zone. On your mark."

"Sou ka." said the girl who found it amusing that this man's idea had gotten away from him. After all it happened to everyone at some point so she wasn't really upset about this. It also seemed that her plan to combine both possible meanings of his statements was generally accepted by the man with her. "Hai hai!~" she said in agreement. As the man slipped his motorcycle out of low power mode the girl took her place beside it pointed in the direction of the construction zone. She rode ball roller style ATs but if need be she had more than a few ways to adjust her own speed during a race. A smile on her face as she waited for the go, at which point she'd take off.

"And..." Shigeru revved his engine only once to prepare himself for movement, and before giving the go, he returned his protective sunglasses to his face. With that out of the way, he was ready. "Go!" he exclaimed, pulling off the stage immediately at such a pace that he soared over the crowd immediately. He landed soon after, and began gaining speed on the ground as he exited the amphitheater.

At the mark of 'go' Shizuka kicked off. Such a kick would take her body up as well, a bit higher than the man on the bike. And as she flew through the air towards the outside of the Amphitheater another kick would send the girl rocketing forward with a large grin on her face. This was done by way of hardening the sound waves her ATs functioned to interact with. Even inactive, she seemed to be able to kick hard enough to break the sound barrier thus using those in combination with her normal movements to help her slid up a building now in her way.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718