Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Miyabigaoka Academy

"Oh? I guess that's a fair way of looking at things. There isn't much I'd like to know, though. I've just been asking questions as they come to mind, but I've got nothing for the moment." As the discussion continued, Shigeru placed his right ankle atop his left knee, seeming not to throw off the balance of his vehicle at all in doing so. His arms were crossed in this moment, and with maximum comfort achieved, he sighed his content. "Perhaps. If nothing else, it always helps to be ready for the worst. I'm sure you know as well as I do how necessary victory can be at certain times."

"Really? I can't imagine seeing things that way, but I guess that's flattering," said Toshiro to how Mikasa viewed her peers from the tower. "Neh, so we're on the same team now? I might need a bit of guidance with these Parts War things..."

"Yes, always prepared. But some things you can't be prepared for. Even so, never hurts to have a positive attitude and know how to have a bit of fun." Shizuka said. After all, this group wasn't aiming to win, and to her knowledge none in the Black Order cared for the higher costs of victory. No they were in this because they wanted to be, and there was nothing more freeing than that. "And we all know the importance of victory from time to time. We're not going to let anyone else die or anything." she mentioned seeming to find it interesting. To be fair, she didn't expect anyone to take that much interest in the Black Order's participation in anything. This man was very odd for what was basically a well paid spy.

"Really? I didn't think it was that strange." she said seeming to consider for a moment that maybe the reason everyone else didn't recognize her was because she had such a different way of viewing things from the norm. Moving right along it was stated by Toshiro that he might need help with the parts war. "Eto..." she started with a bit of a bashful smirk. "To be honest, I didn't participate as much as the rest of them did the last time. I mean... I did for a while... but I didn't get very far. But I'll help in anyway I can." said the pink haired girl who'd recently received a fairly good pep-talk from her friends before they ran off to do their own things.

"If you ask me, that should be the goal. Prepare for the things that can't be prepared for," Shigeru said with a raised finger to bring attention to his point. "If something's going to take you by surprise, make sure you have an even bigger surprise waiting... something that may surprise even you. I had to learn that one the hard way," he stated.

"That's fine," interjected Toshiro when Mikasa spoke of her light participation in the previous Parts War. "I didn't participate at all, so you've got loads of experience over me! Let's work hard together in this one," he said, grinning from ear to ear as he did so.

"Hm..." she thought about what the blonde haired man had to say, and when she did, she decided that she respected his moxie and liked his philosophy. "You know what, I like that. I'm going to use it." she said with a curt nod. This was after all, the point of having other people around to flesh out ideas with. A grin came to the silver haired girl's face as she decided she liked talking with the man before her. "Thanks."

Meanwhile, Mikasa was told by Toshiro that he hadn't participated in the last parts war at all. That seemed strange to her, because the only person she knew of that didn't participate in any capacity was Jun'Ichi. Still she couldn't deny wanting to put her best efforts forward this time, and since she no longer had to worry about rent, she could afford to put a great deal of effort into this. "Hai!~" she affirmed returning the boy's grin with one of her own. "It's weird, I am not used to knowing more about stuff than anyone else." said the girl who seemed to be quite confused but excited by her new role.

"By all means, do. I'd feel less intelligent if you didn't," he said with a light-hearted chuckle. "And I do like to think of myself as reasonable when it comes to brain capacity. I'm sure that would just come across as pointless dribble to the likes of a Gravity Child, but hey, I also like to keep my pride intact. I take it the lot of you are as worthwhile for a reasonable conversation as your predecessors? I've yet to come across a Gravity Child that could be considered less than a genius."

"Well, now's the perfect time to get used to it!" said Toshiro, who still knew next to nothing of these Parts Wars, in spite of the fact that he had officially won one against an entire team by himself. Regardless of his combat prowess, Mikasa had knowledge of the Parts War itself that would prove invaluable. He could always look to his sister for such information, but he never wanted to be a burden for so many things. Resolved to work with Mikasa in this way, he extended a hand to the woman. "Onegaishimasu!"

"Hai hai!~" the girl said in agreement to use his intelligence in her own way. When he went on to say that he considered himself a bit higher on the intelligence scale and hadn't experienced a gravity child less than a genius and made the assumption that most of them were worth more than a little bit of conversation she had to agree. "Yare yare, I mean it would mostly depend on what you want to talk about, but I've yet to find any of us to not be higher than average in some way. Everyone's a good bit of fun, if you can get past their slight social dysfunctions." she thought specifically of people Chiyo who simply didn't speak most of the time, Mikasa who was a cry baby and would tear up over anything, or even the more normal ones like Lavi with his perpetual laziness. She could speak on this because even she could acknowledge that she often drowned people out and didn't do anything but throw herself into reading in a nice quiet room forgoing social activity from time to time just to do so. "But I suppose that kind of applies across the board. We thought our predecessors a bit strange so if you're used to dealing with them, you wouldn't have too much of a problem figuring us out."

Mikasa wasn't quite so used to feeling like a necessary member of anything. Her couple of friends aside she didn't normally fit in among anyone. And among the Gravity Children she was more or less fringe at best. This feeling of inclusion was something quite nice for her. When it was mentioned that she should now feel fine about being the one deferred to for information she only nodded and smiled. And soon enough the boy with her was extending a hand to her in offer of friendship and bonding which she hadn't done in quite a while. "Hai!~" she said shaking the boy's hand. "Let me know if I can help you with anything." she said feeling strangely needed in this moment.

"Slight, you say?" he asked in a moment of jest, finding the emphasis applied to this word to be its own form of strange. "That's funny. I've also never met a Gravity Child who could be considered slightly anything. You know, unless normal was the thing in question. As much as I disagreed with the idea of the Gravity Children project, I have to say you all became very interesting people. I'd tip my hat to Hashirama-san, if I didn't detest him deep down. But, enough of that. Tell me; what does a second generation Gravity Child do for fun? And I do mean second generation, to be specific, as I've... already been exposed to the first and their antics."

"Hai! There's nothing right now. I just kinda want to get to know everyone, at least a little. I uhh... haven't had as much time to socialize with regular people," the silver-haired lad said bashfully. "You just joined too, right? Come with me!"

Shizuka didn't think her description of her peers was that funny. But when the man before her went on to explain, she supposed she could see the humor in the statement. He went on to say that he thought the Gravity Children had become rather interesting people, even if he didn't agree with the project itself. But she figured most wouldn't agree to genetically modified super babies so it was kind of one of those things that was fine overall. The ask of the question what her generation did specifically to have fun made her chuckle. "Yare yare, you poor thing. The fact that you ask that way is all anyone one of us would need to know. Very few of us hang out with our predecessors, and the ones who do are kind of... strange anyways." she said thinking about it and deciding that it had to be strange for them as well. "As for what we do for fun, it would mostly depend on who you talk to... and the context. But generally, we fly." she said with her hand rubbing the back of her head. This was the truth so far as she was concerned. Most of them had completely normal interests but when they were really interested, they flew.

Meanwhile Toshiro and Mikasa continued their conversation. Shiro wanted to know if Mikasa also just joined and she nodded. "Oh that's alright, I also don't socialize much. Aside from the girls I showed up with." she said and at the urgency for her to follow him she did wondering what they'd be up to given he hadn't gotten much socialization in. Either way she'd wait and see happy to be appreciated in this moment.

"I'm sure it is. They aren't exactly the most subtle bunch in the world," Shigeru said regarding the first generation. It was interesting to hear what this one had to say about her generation's hobby. Such a thing was beyond what he heard from their predecessors; or at least, they had never referred to it as 'flying' per se. "Sou desu... ka," he said when the realization struck him. "Well, I suppose I can relate to that. I'm not much into ATs nowadays, but I couldn't quite keep myself away... so I took this. It's been surprising amounts of fun since I got it."

"No, no they aren't." Shizuka agreed about the lack of subtlety in the first generation. The previous generation of Gravity Children were into some very different things from their younger siblings for the most part. And while that was cool and all, it seemed that Shigeru would fit in more with the second generation. At the very least she didn't have to explain to him what she meant by flying, he then went on to reveal that while he didn't ride ATs anymore that he'd taken his bike to fulfill a similar desire. "Yare yare. Are you saying that motorcycle flies?" she asked this question because it was the only logical thing to appear in her brain. Such a thing seemed like it would be amazing.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast