Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Miyabigaoka Academy

One Sasagawa Usagi currently resided within Miyabi Academy. She was en route to one of her classes when she received an SMS from Chiyo. After checking it, the wandering pink-haired girl replied immediately. "Sure! We'll meet up after classes, kay?"

In the meantime, there was a certain lad with long, dark blue hair and a light blue scarf was within the Kendo Club room. He was very much out of uniform, but this young man wielded his bokken without a care in the world as he took challenges from other veteran members of the club. Many others sat around him in a circle, seeming to be exhausted from the challenges. "Senpai... you keep getting stronger somehow," one of the lads in this group said. "No. You're all improving, so I have to hold back less. At this rate, some of you will be able to fight me fairly in a few years."

"Hai hai~ See ya' later. I'll be at the Kendo Club until classes are over." Chiyo sent this message to Usagi after reading the one previous with a huge grin on her face. As she entered the Kendo Club room she was given pause seeing a certain blue haired male in the room but the grin on her face would show fangs and a bit of happiness. "Ohayougozaimasu~" Chiyo said entering the room and sliding the door shut behind her. Having finished her business with her phone she tucked it back into her pocket and removed her blazer. She would then begin rolling up the sleeves on her white shirt underneath as she began walking around the group of them seemingly rather calm.

"Eh, did all of you get beaten already?" she asked of the group at large, rolling her eyes playfully. Though many would think that the tiny girl with the stern demeanor didn't belong in a place like this, least of all talking to an entire group of people like they were old friends.

"Alright, who's in the next wave?" the blue-haired male asked of the group. However, the Ice Queen had recently entered the room. He thought this was a mere effort to recruit him into the Black Order's Chimera branch... again. Yet, it seemed she was preparing for something more. "You again. What do you think you're doing?" It was then that the very same lad from earlier spoke up. "Senpai missed last week's orientation. Akaru-san is our newest member."

Chiyo was still seeming to have a very good time. But it seemed that the young man with the blue hair questioned her appearance here, only to have someone else in the club clear up the misunderstanding. As such Chiyo shrugged and nodded. "Hai, I joined the Kendo Club... partly because I needed something else to do, and partly because I wanted to learn something different. But..." she said having finished rolling up her sleeves she went to retrieve a bokken as well standing before this apparent veteran member. "I've already learned everything I can from them." she said waving around the room with the bokken in question. "I wanna learn from you instead~" she commented apparently still in a very good mood, as she was bound to be simply with the news she could ride again. She simply needed the time to busy herself until her ATs could be fixed again.

Kanda didn't seem bothered by the fact that Chiyo had joined the Kendo Club. What did bother him, though, was what seemed to be the preparation of a challenge from the young woman. "I don't take single challengers from members younger than six weeks," he said. In spite of this, he glanced over Chiyo. Even considering how new to the club she was, she lacked the demeanor new members normally had. Much to the surprise of the other members, Kanda soon enough held his bokken with its tip pointing at the lass. "On the other hand... fine. I accept."

Chiyo heard what Kanda had to say about not taking challenges from members who were in the club less than 6 weeks. Granted she could have waited that rather long amount of time without it being a problem, it would appear the young man changed his mind about this with a few seconds of consideration and the Ice Queen having to say nothing herself. "Oh?" she said bursting into laughter. "Fuck, I'd gotten so used to you saying no to me, I didn't think it possible for you to say yes." she mentioned bouncing on her toes before relaxing her shoulders her entire body falling into nearly perfect form as she held the wooden sword with both hands. "Now, I feel like I gotta be good or I'll let them down~" she chimed only to take a moment and a breath calming herself completely. She blinked her eyes closing for just a second and then she charged aiming to strike the young man before her on his left shoulder with a quick downward motion.

Kanda prepared for this battle the same way he did for all of his matches within the club; by holding his weapon with his left hand alone. This was the greatest handicap he was able to give to the other members, and until his opponent proved themselves capable of challenging him at a higher tier, he would always offer it by default. When Chiyo came his way with an attack on his left shoulder, Kanda raised his blade against it, blocking the strike above his shoulder before leaving enough slack on his grip to allow Chiyo's blade to slide down his own en route to the floor. The moment their bokkens were separated, Kanda tightened his grip and swung his sword in a circle, bringing it around toward Chiyo's face. Of course, even if she were incapable of dodging or blocking this attack, he would not allow it to hit. He fully intended to stop his weapon roughly one inch from the girl's face. "You should wear your equipment."

Chiyo attacked in such an aggressive way only to see what the young man before her would do in turn. In watching his movements and having her bokken be caught and lowered she was also given a moment to see exactly how fast and hard the coming single handed strike would be. Being the sort of person she was, she could have easily moved out of the way of this strike but she knew it would stop before it reached her so she didn't. Instead she stood there looking completely relaxed while twirling her bokken around in one hand. She'd open her eyes from a blink to reveal that her eyes were presently glowing like some unseen light shone behind them, staring into the face of Kanda from around the bokken. "There isn't any need for that. They can't hit me. And though you could hit me, if I think it will hurt... I'll block." she said gesturing to the group at large that she'd been practicing with for the days leading up to this one. "Besides, I knew you would stop." she said this as she stepped back only once and relaxed her shoulders once more seeming to like Kanda's posture, she took a variation of it, keeping her two handed grip while she did. "If you keep giving me that handicap, I might actually end up hitting you." she said a cocky grin coming to her face, but this wouldn't stop her. This time when she moved she did so at full speed, knowing that her body was okay to handle the additional stress she turned when she got close, instantly changing from her downward strike which appeared to be aimed at his right shoulder, to a side slash across his mid-section from right to left.

"Blocking won't get you anywhere," he replied. "Your form is still too weak for you to make such claims." With that said, Kanda prepared himself for what was next to come. His eyes were trained on her arms as she came his way, and it was more than obvious to him that the initial strike was nothing more than a farce. "Tension," he said as he swung his sword around to clash against Chiyo's during the true slash aimed at his center. "Shoulders. Elbows. Lack of fluidity. These are what give away a false attack." From his current position, Kanda performed a quick quarter turn to his right, following through with a right-to-left slash aimed at the left side of Chiyo's abdomen. If she chose to block, Kanda would be at the ready with a second strike along the same path, swift and strong enough to snap her wooden sword where it struck.

Chiyo still hadn't stopped smiling. The fact that the blue haired young man with her, was so concise in his explanation as to why her cockiness was misplaced was actually exceedingly refreshing for her. "I can do something about everything but the tension. It's too hard for me to relax." she replied absently. And the fact that she was using her eyes while doing this meant that she was getting glimpses of the things he was talking about. But beyond simply knowing and seeing the problems with her form and posture, she'd gone so far as to begin correcting them. In so doing, she knew that she'd be leaving herself to block and once she did this instead of simply backing away from the slash coming she watched as the bokken she held snapped under the pressure of an immediate second strike. Her eyes would widen as she watched the piece fly off and away from her person. "Sugoi~ You really are amazing... fucking yes!~ I finally found something else worth doing." she mentioned turning for just a second to look at the other members. "Gomennasai, can I have another. I'm not quite done yet." she wanted another turn but didn't want to interrupt if someone else wanted a go instead... she was at least polite enough that she'd leave this opening for someone else to take over if they wished.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast