Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Miyabigaoka Academy

"If you can't fix the tension, it's pointless to try fixing the other things. Tension is the cause of the limited fluidity and lack of follow-through." When Chiyo asked the other members for another bokken, Kanda gave no chances for one of the others to challenge him instead. He chose to hold out his arm and claim one himself, tossing it toward Chiyo. This one, however, was not the standard issue which other members of the club used. It was like his own: solid wood in the shape of a katana blade. "Come again. Perhaps without relying on your eye this time."

"Hm, that makes sense. But fuck I really can't do anything about it... well not yet at least." she said a huge grin coming to her face. It would seem that none would be given the chance to properly face Kanda this day, as the young man before her handed her one of his wooden swords more like a katana than the standard issue and Chiyo found herself looking it over and moving it around in her hands to get used to it. It was odd to her that he gave her one of his, but perhaps, it was best not to question this. As it was stated that she should come at him again, this time without her eye. She grinned closing her eyes and opening them again to reveal that they were no longer glowing.

"As you like." she mentioned taking a moment and a deep breath trying to think of something which would help her relax. As she took form once more it would seem that it was much more perfect than it had been the last time, but since she was tense the rest wouldn't fall into place. So she tried something a little different she visualized herself falling from the radio tower, that instant moment of weightlessness and calm which she'd managed to achieve and something she wished to do again. And this thought was enough to relieve the obvious tension in her muscles. As such she stood still for a few seconds then went charged again, this time aiming a strike the man's right side with a downward slash which contained all the follow through her earlier strikes had been missing.

Kanda waited the appropriate amount of time for Chiyo to adjust to the new bokken. In this time, he saw the adjustment of her stance, as well as the relaxation of her muscles. This was good. If she could remain like this, perhaps she would make a stronger opponent than any other member of the club. In fact, she showed signs of this in her next attack toward Kanda's right side. During her approach, Kanda tossed his bokken over to his right hand before raising it against her weapon, finding himself to be in need of the extra power his right arm held. In her current form, if he had continued to use his left hand, Chiyo surely would have overcome him. "That's better. Your eye hinders your development. Again!"

Chiyo wasn't really surprised when her coming strike was blocked. She was however surprised that Kanda had chosen to switch hands while doing so. Perhaps she was a bit better at this than she originally thought. As she fell back she rotated her shoulders taking the same stance but retaining the amount of relaxation and flexibility her muscles needed to continue. "Hai hai... I only used it to see what someone better than me sees. But I didn't figure you'd just tell me. I wouldn't have bothered at all if I'd known~" she mentioned. Now that she fully understood what kind of person Kanda was, she grinned. It would be much easier to get to know him, if they had some activity in common... and to be fair, she actually enjoyed Kendo. And since she was asked to come again she readied another attack.

This time when she approached she swung her wooden sword twice in rapid succession. Once towards his now unoccupied left then again towards his right. She didn't wonder if he had the speed to block both attacks she figured he did, she was instead wondering if he would bother switching hands and it was the easiest way to figure it out. These two slashes would be just as strong as her previous one only much faster now that she had the proper body to do so.

"That is why your eye hinders you. It isn't enough to see something." It was good that Chiyo could relax herself while attacking. Kanda was certain she would soon learn that earning momentum from a swifter and more concise strike was more important than having raw strength behind a slash. However, there was more Kanda had learned over the years. At times, pure strength was necessary. This would be shown the moment he moved his bokken to his left to block Chiyo's first attack. His muscles were as loose as they could be, yet his arm tensed at the moment of impact to allow him a block without any sort of 'give' as it were. An immediate switch to the looser form followed, granting him the speed of movement to perform the same feat with a parry at his right side. "You have to understand. When your strikes become fast enough to reach your opponent, what do you do next?"

In doing the double strike Chiyo was allowed to observe exactly how Kanda was able to deal with so many opponents and so many different strikes at once. Such a thing was kind of interesting from this perspective. Beyond the point of defending himself from her strikes he was also teaching her how to attack more efficiently. This set of attacks now done Chiyo took a step back and exhaled. "Hai!~ Seeing and understanding. I can do that." she said as she rotated her head on her shoulders and forced that same relaxed state. As for what should be done when one finds the speed to attack, she thought she'd already figured that out. Instead of explaining she thought it best to demonstrate.

She moved forward once more this time she had a series of rapid strikes, totaling five. The strikes simultaneously fast and powerful as she aimed to break Kanda's stance. The alternating hits were aimed at his left and right until the fifth one was ready and once she thought her pattern had been established she switched from the back and forth to a downward strike. And since her muscles were relaxed would come much more swiftly and be harder to read by her own approximation. But that simply wouldn't be enough, even knowing this she tightened up at the end, giving it a bit of an extra kick, so that even if it was blocked it would be strong enough to break what blocked it.

"We'll see." At this point, Kanda fully believed Chiyo would be able to adapt, taking his advice into account. Her ability to do so with her next move was, however, still questionable. He would have his final answer soon. Chiyo's next charge was met by one of Kanda's own, and in place of the usual blocks against her attacks, he struck out at her blade each time. Kanda had gotten very used to holding a weapon in his hand over the years, and as such, the feeling of the vibrations travelling between the clashing bokken made Chiyo's development apparent to him. For a brief moment, one looking closely enough would see a smile upon the blue-haired male's face. Kanda's final move would be an upward slash against Chiyo's downward one. Indeed, her attack came with enough force to snap Kanda's bokken. He knew this to be true before it connected, prompting him to utilize the same force. After all, the only thing preventing Chiyo from following through after breaking his weapon, striking his body in the end... was breaking her weapon to put an end to the assault as well.

Chiyo was a happy small person at this particular moment. Still the feeling of a bokken meeting another with equal force was pretty new to her, and it was vibrating up her arms. Such a thing was easily adjusted to, but as she kept meeting the strikes of the blue haired male she realized that this wouldn't end in her victory. Even so, she couldn't well give up, and in the seconds leading up to the final strike she saw a smile on Kanda's face. Figuring this was a good sign she simply continued even while knowing that she wouldn't be able to properly follow through after her attack. Both bokken were subsequently splintered and broken but that was fine because Chiyo had learned a few valuable lessons she would take with her elsewhere.

"Fuck. I wanted to win. I guess this is fine though, I didn't actually expect to anyways." she mentioned pouting and rolling her eyes. Getting a feel for this shorter version of the weapon she had been using and determining that she liked it better. A few seconds of this passed and she gave a light smile to the man before her. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Kanda-nii. Let's go again sometime, huh?" she said bowing for a quick second before turning to deposit the broken sword in the trash and aiming to pick up her discarded blazer just as the bell rang to denote the end of classes. They'd been at that much longer than she'd expected, still the Ice Queen hadn't brought up this young man joining her team, for whatever reason she seemed simply satisfied by their interaction.

When their final clash ended, Kanda exhaled a deep breath. Even the more seasoned members of the Kendo Club had yet to give him such a match, and he had begun thinking no one would for a very long time. Chiyo bowed, and he did the same in return. "Hai. We surely will," he said while discarding his own broken bokken bits. "Ja ne."

Meanwhile, the Pledge Queen Usagi sat in wait within the Mechanics Club room for Chiyo, whom she was scheduled to meet. She held with her what looked to be a pair of dynamos, which were in fact the cores of the original Thunder Regalia. These would be the new addition to Chiyo's Ice Regalia, whenever she arrived for the tuning process.

"Heh!~" chimed the Ice Queen. This was one of the most interesting things she'd done in a while. Now that she'd actually really gotten into it, she figured she may as well keep it up. Now at the very least she had something to do when she was bored in school on Wednesdays. "Ja~" she said as she headed out with her jacket thrown over her shoulder. After all, there was no need for her to put it back on if she was going to see Usagi, she might as well not, considering that their Pledge Queen had a preoccupation with tuning people while they were naked and this would be a rather big thing she wanted done. As such Chiyo made her way to her office and stood in front of her a safe tucked underneath her desk. As part of the things she'd done to keep herself from riding she'd put her ATS in here, and then told her Tuner Twins to change the combination and not to tell her until she sent them a specific word in a text message. This word was unknown to her for obvious reasons, but was instead given to the youngest member of her team Taiga. As such she sent out a text asking the child saying she was cleared to ride. This would result in getting one back that had a single word response.

"Mushroom"
    this made the girl's brows draw together but still she sent a follow up message to her Tuner Twins with the word in it. And when she did it came back with a set of 4 numbers which would open the safe.

"7-2-7-9"
    this she would use to open the safe and retrieve her ATs. One might wonder why the Ice Queen went through so much trouble to keep her ATs away from herself, but... truth be told she was incapable of saying no to herself, and as such she needed many layers of protection to keep herself from doing something crazy. She'd enter the number and soon enough be approaching the Mechanics Club with her Regalia in hand and her jacket slung over her shoulder.

"TADAIMA!~" she said as she arrived expecting to see the Pledge Queen alone. "Gomennasai, I kinda had to hide these from myself... it took me a bit to fetch them, and I spent more time at the Kendo Club than I initially intended." she said with excitement bristling from her person.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast