Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] The Gleaming Crest

"Of course it's training. All training can't be taken head first. There are a lot of things out there that the body has to be ready for. I doubt you've ever done anything to your hair without conditioning. The body should be conditioned too, and I know one thing that conditions me right the fuck up." When Roze finished speaking, she took another sip of wine, feeling that the bubbles in the hot tub were already starting to do wonders for her buzz. "As I was trying to say earlier... you need to de-stress. Hard. Otherwise, you'll split your leg open in two seconds flat."

Chiyo was listening to Roze speak while sipping wine from the glass she'd been handed. While the white haired woman spoke Chiyo heard words she hadn't actually heard before, technically speaking Mukuro had said something similar to her a few weeks prior but the actual clarity of such a statement from Roze and the comparison given made it quite real. With this realization her eyes popped open and she simply stared at the woman across from her. "Fuck, you make too much sense." she said then after a second she simply picked up her glass and sipped some more bubbles, hot water, and alcohol all working wonders on the Ice Queen's tiny body. She was already significantly less stressed than she had been and since she was simply in the habit of doing most of what the Sky Queen said, she'd simply continue to relax. 'Adding conditioning to my list of things to do~' mentally quipped the Ice Queen. Perhaps she was simply always looking for extra things to do, because she hadn't actually managed to do all the things she should be doing to reach the pinnacle of her abilities.

"Hmph," Roze muttered while continuing to sip. She was almost surprised Chiyo had not come to this conclusion herself long ago, considering her similarities to the first generation's Jinx. However, an extra moment of thought made her realize why such a thing was the case. The second generation didn't have Kurama... or at least, no proper enough version of the man. "And the penny drops. This is obviously why my group is better than yours. We know when it's time to chill and get laid, while you guys are all about running 'til you drop. Like I said: Should've brought the dick in."

Chiyo finished off her second glass of wine and found herself shrugging. She couldn't really argue the point that the First Generation was still better and that it was likely because they weren't running themselves ragged. Of her own generation the ones who didn't just do stuff all the time were the ones who showed the most capabilities and understanding. People like the Tar King, Mukuro and the Lotus King Kanda. But more over she wondered if this was really enough to make them all so different. "I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who runs until I can't anymore... but I get your point." the Ice Queen mentioned. She had nothing to say about bringing as Roze put it 'the dick' in because she didn't know if she had in herself to share.

Plus the Flame King was a line she didn't really want to cross, mostly because she didn't really want to get a piece of him and discover it was something she didn't want to be without. Giving someone that much control over her person wasn't something she was ready to do. What was lost upon Chiyo at this moment was that she'd already done exactly that... only... with Shoichi instead. Actually, this was the main difference between what was the First Generation and themselves, there was simply no guy among them that simultaneously entertained them all in such a way and no obvious fluidity in the sexuality of its female members. When thinking this a grin spread across Chiyo's face as she remembered a singular moment of her childhood mentioned previously only by Shoichi in passing. 'They thought I was a boy~' and with that thought a giggle escaped the girl which would pretty much mark her as being drunk, the warmness of the alcohol in her system and the tingling of her body all over let her know she was about as relaxed as she ever managed to be.

"Well as long as you get it, nothing else matters." Without further ado, Roze extricated herself from the hot tub and retrieved a towel to dry off with. She expected Chiyo to follow suit, and would lead toward the roof of the building while clad in only her bath robe. "Alright then. Make a fang," she would say then. Of course, she did not expect Chiyo to succeed when doing this, but she did expect to see how the younger woman performed the movements required for fang creation.

Chiyo nodded her understanding enjoying the water for just a few seconds longer before Roze vacated the hot tub. Assuming that she was supposed to follow he tiny Ice Queen pulled herself from the water and grabbed a towel drying off. Each step she took there after had her body, legs in particular feeling like jelly. Even so she managed to tie the bathrobe around her person and let her pigtails fall from their previously wrapped position. Once on the roof the was asked something odd... but she wasn't dumb enough to assume she'd be able to even if she tried it now. Instead she figured the white haired woman with her wanted to see how it was done, since the fanged girl never had occasion for the woman to witness her running. "Hai hai~" she said only to follow with how she formed fangs normally. As such she pivoted on her left leg and lifted her right, her next motions was a quick downward sweeping motion of her leg... but the entire thing was perfectly tense while it happened... literally the whole of the young girl's leg tightened at the motion. Such was the nature of her run, for whatever reason. Of course there would be no fang formed from this... though it was exactly what she normally did to make them.

Roze had a decent look at Chiyo's fang production method, and the sight of it made her sigh. She supposed it was still a mile ahead of what the Ice Queen's older brother would be capable of, but it remained a far cry from an AT-less Solid Fang. Holding her hands against her hips, the Sky Queen stared forward into the open air, taking a deep breath and exhaling it slowly. "Takayama Lavi. You know him. Red-haired kid, Hammer King, your generation's tower. He's got a better chance of punching out a fang than you have kicking one. Know why?"

Chiyo was drunk and took a second to think about what Roze had to say, of course, being in such a state was making her brain process information far slower than normal so she was quiet for about 60 seconds while thinking of what Lavi was capable of. Given the state of his joints she'd assume it had something to do with the way he used his limbs to punch at things... which the Ice Queen would mention after her given silence. "Uh, something about that weird punch of his, yes?" she said. Given how long she was quiet it was probably a bit disappointing as a proper answer, but still the Ice Queen had a smile on her face... she liked this part... the learning part.

"... Something like that, yes," Roze said while tossing her hair around until it fell into place properly. "I'm sure you've shot a rubber band or two in your life. Imagine that. You strain the rubber band when you're stretching it, and the harder you do it, the more oomph it has when you let go of one end. Stretch it enough, and something meant to hold things in place can suddenly put someone's eye out from a distance. Lavi applies that to his punches, which is why they're so strong. If you do that with your leg, though..." Knowing Chiyo was the type of person to learn by example more easily than by explanation, she raised her right leg. She still used her hip as the axis, but the noteworthy difference between her form and Chiyo's was the tension of her leg muscles during the kick's preparation. When she kicked, all tension was released the moment the arc formed. With her leg moving freely at this point, a Solid Fang was created. And, because she kicked from the hip instead of the knee, her fang was many times larger and swifter than the norm.

Chiyo began listening to Roze's explanation and nodded at the bit about shooting rubber bands. Before when she'd been forced into the science classes of the man previously known in the AT world as Akimo the Beast, she'd been prone to shooting rubber bands at the man from the last row of her class room with deadly accuracy to amuse herself. Without bothering to mention that, the explanation of the rubber band theory to applying pressure to her kicks in order to make them stronger at base made her brows draw together. She understood how such a thing should work scientifically but it didn't make sense to imagine in practice. Seeming to understand the type of learner that the Ice Queen actually was, the white haired woman before her performed the trick she'd mentioned while the young girl watched. The most noticeable differences between this woman's form and her own were the starting and ending points of said kick. Hers being based from her hips and ending without tension but having all of it at the start. The Ice Queen's eyes went wide as she noticed this difference even without the activation of her eye, in keeping with Kanda's earlier observation that it would hinder her if she tried to use it to learn too much.

"SUGOI!~" said Chiyo as she took in the information and began pacing twirling the ends of one of her pigtails in her hands as she began speaking of this new thing to herself and aloud in case the Sky Queen needed to know this information and correct any misconceptions she might have had. "Roze kicks from her hips not her lower legs so she doesn't have that kind of stress. Also she uses the tension initially built up and releases it all at the end instead of working up to the tension from a relaxed position. Ooh~" Chiyo's mind was buzzing with this information and how it could best apply to her and what she wished to do. Initially this has just been about fixing the part of her run that was breaking her, but now... it could be something much more beneficial to her. "Being relaxed at the ends will make for smoother transitions like the ones Kanda taught me earlier... but but but... with my legs instead of my arms and in reverse. I'll be able to move so much faster after it will be fucking amazing!~" she said this and realized that she still hadn't lost the habits of her lonely self-explanations. She had at least the grace to look a bit abashed about it her face blushing just a tad. "Gomen, I got a bit too excited... I get it though." she managed a bit calmer than she had been before.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast