Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] The Gleaming Crest

"I'm happy to see everyone," the man replied nonchalantly. It was becoming quite apparent as Chiyo began her preparations, that the temperature in the air above the Gleaming Crest was quickly dropping. This was intriguing, to say the least, as Aomine had not considered the realism of an ice-related Road. Of course, this was revealed to him soon enough, in the form of two attacks. A disk of ice was followed by a solid fang of ice, but the sight of these things made the Sun King's smile fade with a sigh. "This isn't how Kings should battle," he said while spinning his AT wheel rapidly with his finger. "Infinity Atmosphere: Continuum Fission." These words were calmly spoken, but the result of his efforts was nothing resembling calm. Streams of charged particles, or 'solar winds' as it were, erupted from his Regalia and surrounded him, vaporizing Chiyo's consecutive attacks as they came his way. He had managed to accomplish this without the activation of his Regalia, and as the winds whipped about above the building, he gazed through their orange glow at the Ice Queen. "Infinity Atmosphere is the mark of a King. It should be a greeting for people like us, Yuki-chin~"

Chiyo was rather interested in what would become of this attack of hers, and its utter decimation at the sight of the man before her was actually kind of expected. Being that the last time she'd seen someone offer such a handicap was against Jun'ichi the Rumble King of her own generation and was generally the boy's very obvious defeat she couldn't expect any less of the boogy man of their generation. Even so, the Ice Queen smiled and laughter came from between her fangs. "Fuck! You people and the nicknames, the philosophy and the constant type disadvantage... piss me off." she said. She then felt the need to clear several things up at once which would require more speech from the girl than she normally had as such when her ATs touched the rooftop again she began to circle, lowering the temperature once more.

"Fuck! I don't know what it does yet... I haven't had these long enough to try it out... and the last time I activated my regalia without knowing what it did... I nearly drowned myself to death." she said rolling her eyes. She actually recalled the events that had lead up to her being taken from her Generation's Tower and had for quite a while, not that this was something she cared to think about. "But fine... I got ya'~" Chiyo mentioned still more than a bit amused by the man in front of her. Even though she'd seen his solar winds tear through a perfectly reasonable attack. "Guess it's time to try something new then, huh?" Chiyo said and as she circled this man the wheels of her ATs began working... on lowering temperatures. But she was still a nice girl and remembered where she was. And with that she stared off into the distance. "We should move... last time I used my Infinity Atmosphere for this kinda thing... a building came down." she said her eyes darting towards the Sky Queen.

"Neh, Yuki-chin, you never gave me your name. If you don't like people giving you nicknames, you should properly introduce yourself to them. Right, Shiro-chin?" he asked in rhetoric. This only made the Sky Queen of the first generation scoff, though she had nothing specific to say about this, nor the matter of the destroyed buildings of years past. Aomine, on the other hand, was a bit perplexed by the mention of Chiyo not knowing exactly how her Infinity Atmosphere worked. More importantly, he couldn't fathom why she worried about the state of this building, or any other for that matter. "What do you expect? People like us can't have fun without everything around us suffering. All we can do is accept it~♥ But fine. Just promise me a good show, yeah? If you can do that, lead the way."

Chiyo rolled her eyes in response to the man's statement that she hadn't given her name. To be honest, she hadn't actually expected to have to fight this man anytime soon so she didn't expect to have to do such things. But if it would avoid any more strange nicknames popping up to her from the first generation then she figured no harm would come of it. "I probably shouldn't bother, people seem to call me whatever they want anyways. And to be fair... normally when people demand these sorts of things from me... they already know who I am." she quipped rolling in her circles. "Akaru Chiyo... nice to meet ya." The fanged girl finished still rolling around calculating the distance she should have to go to avoid negatively affecting this particular building with her antics upon deciding she came to a stop right in front of Aomine with her head tilted all the way left curiosity all over her face. "Fuck, you can't say depressing shit that pleasantly, it's weird." the Ice Queen mentioned she would then shrug and point in an easterly direction.

"I'm going that way... " Chiyo mentioned as she rolled forward. She hadn't anything more to say. She was quite sure this man would follow if only to quell his own boredom. After all he'd waited for her to get dressed been happy that she'd even come back. And with that she jumped from this building and slid over to the next spreading cold air and small ice particles with every movement of her legs, a huge grin on her face. And while she moved, she turned to see how this man would do the same, if only to give her more information about how he'd even managed to get on the roof in the first place.

"A...karu?" the man questioned immediately. He knew this name, and he new it not to be a very common one in this area. He decided rather quickly that, for this girl to be a Gravity Child and capable of entering the Zone, she had to be the younger sibling of one Akaru Satoshi. "Sugei!" he exclaimed. It seemed to be the case that a new light now twinkled in the Sun King's eyes, as if hope had taken over his very being upon reaching this realization. Moving right along, Aomine's eyes fell upon the direction in which Chiyo pointed. By the time the Ice Queen looked back to get a glimpse of the man, he had already hopped past her on the opposite side. In a matter of seconds he stood on a roof four buildings away from The Gleaming Crest, awaiting Chiyo's arrival while Roze began to move as well.

"Ew." Chiyo said of this man's apparent happiness at the realization that she was related to her elder brother. She fully expected members of the First Generation to make such a connection but she still wasn't ready for comparisons to be made between her brother and herself. 'I suppose I should get used to this now.' she thought only to have the man she'd turned to watch shoot past her outside her line of vision, leading to a full spin from the Ice Queen before she found her target something quite unheard of. Right at this moment she was beginning to understand exactly why her deep feelings of dread had surfaced.

But the Ice Queen was also still having a bit of fun, a small change in her run was occurring as she aimed to catch up with the man. Her legs crossed at the ankles shifting her weight, helping her pick up speed as she turned. An extra twirl was added to the motion all to help use the short distance and small amount of time she had to activate her regalia. She knew what it would take to do so if only because of her earlier match and as such by the time she reached the same place four buildings forward, her regalia had activated into long boots with wheels which had unfurled to allow the girl the ability to hover. It was here, and now without a second of hesitation or doubt that she spun around twice more kicking out with both legs in rapid succession creating that which would be her Infinity Atmosphere. A deep cold spread around all present emanating from the Ice Queen herself. The further out one got from her the less cold it was, but as you approached her... the temperature would become unbearably cold. One would expect this to be harmful to her as well, but there was nothing but a smile on her face as the core mechanism of her regalia began working. The building she stood upon would begin freezing from the top down much like her old one had been pressurized to rip away what was beneath it. Beyond that visibility was decreasing in the space on top of this building and to all of the surrounding ones. And as she circled this man snow and ice were created and broken up creating the sensation of a blizzard within this limited area."Sou ka... same old jail... different building." she mentioned mostly to herself. This activation of her regalia worked just like her other one had, perhaps she'd been thinking about this the wrong way, her Infinity Atmosphere was all her... it's why it looked weird to her when her brother had used it in his fight against the Tar King Mukuro.

Aomine stood in wait, a smile upon his face as the Ice Queen encroached upon the building he claimed. Upon her arrival, there was the inevitable activation of the Blizzard Road's Infinity Atmosphere, which bore a slight resemblance to something Satoshi had once taken a stab at performing. In this case, of course, it was an ice-related trick which surrounded the area their little battle was to take place in. He could admit one thing in seeing this first-hand: He was disappointed. Aomine's left hand rose, and he looked directly into it as the temperature fell. "Chi-chin... you failed me. I thought maybe something new like your Road would have a chance. I knew you wouldn't make the cut now, but now I think it'll be the same story after years have passed." At this point, the Sun King's joyous expression had become sullen, as if a dream had been shattered. A seemingly gentle spin of his wheels caused an eruption of solar winds which proceeded to dissipate the Infinity Atmosphere of Chiyo's Regalia, while also creating a magnetic field around Aomine himself. This was the second, and more proper activation of his Infinity Atmosphere. But alas, it was fleeting just the same. "Are you the best the second generation has?"

Chiyo found something odd in the shift of this man's countenance. She hadn't wanted this fight in the first place because she knew it wouldn't be sporting, but his sullen expression and disappointment didn't make sense. She figured that this man was like the rest of them taken to the extreme, a Gravity Child without equal but in the way he so easily dismantled her Infinity Atmosphere she could guess it was a bit more than that. He was likely simply a stand alone being, who should have been properly handled long before he began to outshine his peers in such a way. "Say what you want... but don't make assumptions about what I will or won't be in years... that's up to me. I didn't fail you, because I'm not doing this for you... fucking hell." the Ice Queen stopped shutting her mouth and closing her eyes, she'd then take a deep breath and exhale it slowly before opening her eyes all as if it was being used to mediate a singular outburst of her temper. She was on the verge of being mad again, but a simple question from this man was enough to make her think about the state of her generation objectively.

"Best? That's subjective, but physically speaking I can't fathom you. And if I can't I doubt anyone else can either, though there are a few among us who would try just because... fuck all, there is fun in taking on challenges when you aren't sure of the outcome. I am one of those, but you aren't a challenge." finished the Ice Queen who to her credit had managed to remain very calm despite an initial spurt of near anger. Because of this the cold resonating from her feet didn't feel any different to her than the normal air, the cold was still settling in around her rebuilding after it had been stripped away... oddly enough at a faster rate than it had before.

"I'm not making an assumption. You just gave me proof. The only one who can beat me, is me," Aomine said calmly while preparing to spin his wheel once more, this time for the sake of ending things here and now. From what Chiyo said about her generation, there wasn't much more he could expect from them. With no point in getting his hopes up, he made the decision to slay this one immediately. However, it seemed as if a hiccup in time occurred just before the wheel was spun. By the time this passed, the rooftop they stood upon had been engulfed in flames of continually growing intensity. Among these flames, just before Chiyo, was the first Flame King himself. The man's wheels were constantly revving to produce more and more fire. "Aomine..." was all the apparently infuriated male had to say. In response, the other man merely grinned and spun his wheel to trigger his Infinity Atmosphere a third time. "I-chin. You've gotten a bit better, haven't ya'?" he asked rhetorically while erecting his magnetic barrier. A moment later, the flames being emitted from Kurama's ATs reached 3,000 degrees Celsius, resulting in the opening and simultaneous spacing of his wheels around his ATs. In the wheels' stead, wheels of pure fire were created. At this point, tongues of flames embraced his body as they climbed higher into the sky, fighting against... or rather, finding themselves even being fueled a bit by Aomine's solar winds. "Infinite Inferno: Prominence!" Kurama had created an upgraded version of his own Infinity Atmosphere, meant to use the anti-atmosphere trick of the Sun King against itself. The fact that this was possible seemed to excite Aomine, yet Kurama looked across the burning rooftop with eyes beyond the Twinkle Eye of Gravity Children: His Emperor Eye. "Sugei, sugei! That's not half bad, I-chin."

"Fuck you." that was all the Ice Queen had to say, she'd done way more talking to this strange man than she'd intended and everything happening right just now seemed to be building to the point where she figured this man would attack her, and though she could try and do something about this, she was quite sure it wouldn't actually work very well. But it appeared that she wouldn't be required to defend herself this day as much to her surprise the Flame King of the First Generation showed up and created a pause in the moment of time inserting himself into this situation which made the fanged girl simultaneously very happy and a little bit upset. 'Eh, that is the second time I've been saved today... it's creating a pattern I don't like.' she thought. But there was much more afoot than the Ice Queen's pride. No the Flame King was very different in this moment than the normally mild-mannered flawless individual he was when they normally spoke. He seemed furious in this particular moment and it was a wonder to the Ice Queen why he had anything to say about her temper when his was obviously worse.

Still she couldn't be bothered to remove her eyes from the situation unfolding before her, more than that, she watched in all the detail her vision afforded her. "Sugoi~" she mentioned seemingly completely unaware of the fact that she could have died moments before just because some random man was upset cause he couldn't have any fun.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast