Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] The Gleaming Crest

"Kisama... This time, you'll leave as ashes in the wind," Kurama said through grinding teeth to the man ahead of him. "Eh? Don't tell me you're still angry, I-chin. Isn't Nori-chin supposed to be keeping you in check?" Whatever the tanned male spoke of seemed to be something of a trigger for the Flame King, as the latter responded with a sneer and a forward charge. Aomine swayed left, and Kurama's Emperor Eye gave him the ability to predict this movement, but somehow not the following fake-out. A predicted left turned into a dash to the right, which both surprised Kurama and left him abruptly accepting a boot to the left side of his head, throwing him off balance momentarily. When he recovered enough to look in the Sun King's direction, his eyes widened. "You... when did you..."

"Shhh~" Aomine interjected. "Don't go ruining the surprise, I-chin. That little development of yours is pretty cute, and you've even gotten a bit nimbler. I expect you and the others will be able to make something of these... children, in time. I'll give you the rest of the tournament. Fair?" Without so much as waiting fof an answer, Aomine created a large burst of solar winds around his person. This dispersed in a matter of seconds, but by then, the man had gone...

Chiyo observed this interaction and took in the words spoken by this man. Whoever Nori was... Chiyo had never met or heard of her, so combined with the reaction of the Flame King the Ice Queen made the assumption that this person was no longer among the living. Beyond this the Ice Queen watched as Kurama seemed to be incapable of following up a fake out demonstrated by the man known as Aomine. A new assumption was also made by the Ice Queen but she'd ask for confirmation of this later.

Beyond this it seemed some kind of statement was made, and Aomine disappeared soon after in a burst of solar wind, not that the Ice Queen was at all bothered by this as her body temperature was nearly always constant anyways. But Chiyo had no idea what to say nor if the Flame King would be able to recover from his anger very quickly, as such she remained in silence, because she knew what it was like to just be angry and she wasn't all that sure hat other people wouldn't do the same thing she would and lash out before she calmed down.

'... Gram Scale. A few months? Is that enough time?' Kurama stood motionless, wondering what path he and the others would be able to take in the near future, without facing their untimely demise at the hands of Aomine. This contemplation lasted for nearly an entire minute, and in this time, the Flame Regalia deactivated, and he made a decision. Moments later, his phone was in hand. Quick-dial opened the line under the contact name: Kasumi.

Chiyo continued watching this man think but soon his regalia deactivated and he had his phone in hand. Taking this as the sign that all unlikely threats were gone, the Ice Queen deactivated as well and was now standing in her little heeled ATs her hands tucked into the waistband of her shorts instead of her pockets because this felt more comfortable than the former.

Meanwhile across town the phone of the First Generation Water Queen was ringing. A very lewd song was the ringtone she knew belonged to only one individual. "Fucking hell!~ Flame Fox, you're late I thought you wanted in on this?" she questioned seeming to not have a care in the world. Surprisingly enough wherever she was she had both good reception and silence and the only thing that could be heard was the slightest of clicking noises as she shook up a can of bright pink spray paint in one hand. Obviously she was doing something quite illegal and expected the participation of the Flame King.

When the phone call was answered, Kurama was quickly forced to recall an agreement he'd made to meet with the woman. "I did, but I got held up. Now we both have to cancel. I just ran into Aomine, and it looks like he hasn't just been lazing around since the war. My Emperor Eye didn't work on him, and now that he's seen a sample of the second generation, he expects us to prepare ourselves and them by the end of the tournament. I'm sure you remember one certain second generation rider who could use a bit of teaching only you can provide."

There was silence on the end of the phone held by Kasumi as the present situation was explained to her by Kurama and after a few seconds the first word out of the blue haired woman's mouth after the sound of her paint can exploding against a near by wall was... "FUCK!" there was a few seconds of silence following this as Kasumi's mind began to zoom. She really didn't like the idea of Aomine having gotten stronger since the last time he was seen. Beyond that she also wasn't really fond of the idea of hanging out with the second generation, though if it was to keep them safe she was down even if she couldn't bring herself to say so. "I fucking hate teaching that guy. He could learn the same thing from Frost Nipper, she's got the run that would show the same kinda shit. I don't wanna..." she started to rant only to pause. "Oh, you're keeping Frost Nipper aren't ya'?" she questioned seeming to jump very easily to this conclusion as there were only two of the Second Generation who would even attract Aomine's attention.

Kurama was well-prepared to explain why Chiyo would not be able to teach the person in question about fluidity, but before he could even open his mouth to do so, Jinx came to the conclusion herself. "Hai. She'll be occupied for about..." He paused, taking a moment to glance over the Ice Queen and consider her future development. "Two weeks. Maybe three to a whole month, max."

As Jinx heard what Kurama had to say something of a smirk came across her face. "Ugh, fucking hell... you don't have a more accurate count than that, since I gotta fucking downgrade partners and shit?" said the Water Queen as she thought about it, presently it was June and so this meant that the Flame King intended to keep the Ice Queen and teach her until mid to the end of July. "Fucking hell~ the thought of this is pissing me off." Jinx mentioned as she began to twirl one of her ponytails. Even though she hadn't said anything that remotely made it seem like she was going to do what was asked, she was definitely already thinking about how best to approach the Sky King and get him to understand what his run was missing. She realized long before that this would involve quite a bit of showing off on her part, but she supposed that would be fine.

Chiyo on the other hand was just waiting patiently to be addressed because she didn't like that she was obviously being discussed by these people. But there wasn't much she could do about it other than pout, so she did exactly that in complete silence one wheel on her AT constantly tapping against the rooftop.

"I can only give an approximation, sadly. That's part of the problem. No worries, though... I'll keep in touch." With that said, Kurama moved the phone away from his ear and hung up. There wasn't much point in wasting any additional time, so he looked to Roze while slipping his phone into his pocket. "I'm pretty sure I don't even have to ask," he said. "You're pretty right. I've been planning on having a little chat with the Thorn Princess anyway. You guys get to work," the woman replied. With that bit of discussion out of the way, Kurama finally returned his attention to Chiyo herself. "So... I'm sure you've gathered at least the gist of things by now. You and I need to have a training session... a long one."

Jinx had heard about all she figured she'd get out of the Flame King for now and she supposed that was fine and finished up what she had to say. "Yeah yeah, later then~" and just like that she hung up the phone and went on to do, whatever random delinquent thing she'd intended to do.

Moving right along it seemed that Yoichi was addressing Roze and then Chiyo. The first thing which was said had Chiyo's suspicion about the supposed plans of the elder generation cemented in her mind. After a second or two she closed her eyes and rubbed the center of her forehead. "I knew you were going to say something like that... I'd normally be inclined to argue but... not worth it right now. There is only one minor issue... unless you are planning these activities just for the afternoon... I'll need an excuse to skip school for half a term. What with me having in the last couple of months attacked a teacher, broken his nose and got him fired the faculty is kind of wary of letting me do as I please without reason~" the Ice Queen said simply gliding over the details of why she couldn't skip so much school at once. "You find the excuse."

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast