Soon enough, she came up with something. “No! Wait! You can’t physically harm or touch another Prydonian without consent. It’s against the law you passed yourself!” She struck back the Lord Chancellor with his own weapon. Or at least that was what she thought for a moment. “We know that. That’s why we are putting you in a timelock. You won’t be harmed, yet lead a fate perhaps worse than death.” replied one of the cardinals with a smug smile. With that, the last bits of Ivy’s hope of getting out of here were diminished. “No. No, no, not me. I haven’t been seen with those people, have I? Please, listen to me! They will find me eventually and my house won’t stand for it. Only then will it turn into an actual uprising.” she objected, though her objections were ignored. A sarcophagus started to rise from the ground around her, within the containment field. “Goodbye, Ms. Caterion.” whispered the Lord Chancellor. As the sarcophagus started to obscure the woman from view, she began her last pleas. “Please. Total social collapse! It won’t be the same when they find me. Ever! Please! Please, just listen to me!!!” Eventually the sarcophagus closed completely and Ivy stood suspended and out of sight. The cardinals and the Lord Chancellor left the chamber together. Now they had to discuss what to do next to make her disappearance believable.The trio came back to their senses after Ivy shared her memories with them.

*back in the TARDIS console room*

Interesting memory Ivy.” commented the Games, at which Ivy raised an eyebrow. “Why am I sensing a hint of… sarcasm in your tone?” she asked. The memories she had shown them didn’t contain anything funny; in fact they could be considered quite dramatic. “Because you could avoid your punishment.” explained the Time Lord as he sat on one of the seats nearby the console. Caitlin happened to be behind him, so she used this opportunity to slap the back of the Time Lord’s head. “Hey! Don’t be a jerk now!” Though her warning seemed to have little to no affect on the man, as he didn’t change his relaxed attitude. “Well I had plans for introducing her to the High Council. But I never thought the Architect would get so daft under stress.” he said as he crossed his legs in a comfortable position. “Come on. I was threatened with death, it’s not even comparable to what you are saying. It’s only politics. How hard can it be?” Even though Ivy genuinely thought it would be an easy thing to master politics, having run the planet legally for so many years, the Games knew that was far from the truth. Anything the woman said sounded like an oversimplification to him. To make his point he needed to give an example, and he had the perfect one. “Okay. Then answer this. Do you know what time it is?” he asked with a smile. “Yeah, it’s uh… 3:40.” replied Ivy, though she didn’t understand the purpose of the question. As soon as she answered, the Time Lord made a buzzer sound with his mouth.

“Wrong.” he declared. This piqued Caitlin’s interest; she decided not to interfere but she knew if she had been asked the same question, she would answer the same way. Meanwhile Ivy made a confused expression and looked at her watch again. “I don’t… understand. It’s really 3:40.” Had the Games considered her answer wrong because they were outside of time? Even if they were, it was natural for the TARDIS to simulate a local time for their own timeline. “I know. But it’s still the wrong answer. The correct answer is ‘yes’. When you are asked a question you answer it specifically and leave it there. If they want more information, let them ask for it. Never volunteer anything. Same reason why they made assumptions so easily to frame and seal you.” Both Caitlin and Ivy let out an involuntary gasp. The former did it because she was practically amazed by the precise thinking whereas the latter had done it upon the realization that the Games was right about what he had said. “I guess I really screwed up before.” The Games nodded his head as a no as he stood up. “You just spoke the truth.” he said as he leaned over the console. “Yeah. That’s wrong isn’t it?” asked Ivy with questioning and slightly regretful eyes. The Games looked back at her to meet her gaze, and sported a comforting smile before speaking. “No, not wrong. Just very unusual in that place.”