“God above… so this is Gallifrey!” she exclaimed. The orange sky coupled with the breeze that cooled down the twin suns heating the planet had been everything she had imagined, and more. They were overlooking a river beneath them as they were on the mountain range. And far away from them was a city that looked just so lively. “Outskirts of Arcadia to be precise. Gallifrey’s second city. Also my hometown.” clarified the Games after closing the TARDIS’ door. “The scenery is awesome.” commented the girl as the Time Lord walked towards her. “Well, the view has always been good from the gardens.” The Games’ words made Caitlin turn around to him. She noticed they were in the gardens of a big manor. The architectural design seemed like a mix of a ranch and oriental house but it was way bigger. It had four floors after all. This was natural though; she was the one who asked to be brought to the Games’ house. And this was it. But oddly enough, the house seemed old and untouched. It had an eerie feeling as if nobody had been here for a long time. While she was thinking about these she noticed five mid-sized monuments near the entrance to the house. She ignored the scenery for now and made her way towards them, only to notice a different name written on each monument. “Almund, Rynde, Celesia, Luton, Owis.” she read them aloud. “Who are these people?” Though she received a reply, it was late. “Almund and Luton were my brothers and Celesia, Rynde and Owis were my sisters.” This surprised Caitlin. “You had siblings?” As the Games walked towards her from the other end of the gardens with a serious expression she had never seen before on this face of his, Caitlin realized: for some reason she had never considered the Games to have a family. It sounded absurd to her. How could such a traveller like him ever settle down? Maybe she was wrong about it, since it had only occurred to her now that it could also be the other way around. Maybe the Games was a stationary Time Lord but the circumstances had forced him to run away.

“Yeah, five of them. I was the oldest.” As the last bits of cheerfulness diminished from the girl, she turned her head back again to look at the monuments. Just as the Games was. Once he kneeled down in front of them she realized one more thing: these weren’t monuments, they were tombstones. “So… what happened?” she asked them, rereading the names silently inside her head and trying to memorize them. “I lived. Everyone else… died.” This particular answer made the girl look at the Time Lord, confused. “There was a Time War. Against the Enemy. My sisters were all working as either doctors or medics. My brothers and I, on the other hand, were sent to the field.” The Games knelt in front of the tombstones and examined the grass around them. He gently rubbed his hand to it and touched a thin layer of dust, bringing it back to his nose to smell it. From the outside, this action could seem dumb to Caitlin. Yet, it was one of the senses she needed to learn about. Now that she was more of a Time Lady, she possessed temporal senses that enabled her to deduct how old thing were by touching, smelling and sometimes even tasting. It had been a little more than a thousand years since the Games had last visited here. And the thin layer of dust from the surface of the tombstones confirmed it. “My brothers died in battle. My sisters suffered a similar fate, more or less. And my parents were killed during an ambush that took place outside Gallifrey, so their bodies were never recovered. Lots of people died. Along with all the members of my house. My old, noble house…” “You talk like your house has something more to it... like, it has a deeper meaning.” The man’s last sentence had woken a suspicious feeling within the girl. Was there something about his heritage that she didn’t know of? How more important could someone get? He was the Lord President after all.

“My house belongs to the Prydonian Chapter, which had the most political power. Probably more than all the other chapterhouses combined. Along with a few others it’s an “Oldblood House”, meaning it is among the founding houses. Most of them vanished throughout the years. Eventually my family was the only one left, so we were considered the protectors of the Prydonian legacy. But after the Time War I became the last surviving member of my house… the last oldblood alive.” He paused shortly to stand up. “Aside from the common Gallifreyan culture, each chapterhouse has its differences, unique customs and antiques. Oldblood houses are responsible with carrying the legacy on.” “That must be quite a burden.” she commented. “Certainly not a task to be carried out by a single person. But I try my best.” Even though the Games had never wanted to be bothered by such responsibilities, he basically had no say in the matter. In a society where he was the last of his kind, he would feel empty and alone if he didn’t try to carry on the remembrances of the old days. “Doesn’t matter, I guess.” Looking at Caitlin again, he tilted his head as a sign to move. “Come on, I have a lot to teach you. Gallifreyan history, your abilities, new senses.” Caitlin wondered what he meant by all of that. Though since she trusted the Time Lord, she didn’t question it. “Looking forward to it!” she said with joy, and followed the Games as he led the way.