Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

"Numbers?" the Flame King questioned. It took him a moment to rationalize what he was hearing, but in the end, he chalked it up to the way Chiyo processed the visuals granted by her ocular ability. "Sou ka. I suppose I can't avoid admitting to not putting forth much effort in my regular runs, hm? My friends and I are probably all shoddy compared to what we used to be, so... yes, I think I'll be gaining a lot from this month. Will we continue now, or are you considering taking a loss for today?"

Chiyo started to explain what she meant by numbers, but it seemed the man with her had already caught on enough to understand what she was getting at. This was of course, more than a bit refreshing as there were very few who seemed to be clever enough to keep up with her on a regular basis. As Kurama went on to explain that he and his friends never pushed very hard in their runs so they were likely lacking physically she nodded, understanding how such a thing could happen. Beyond this the man seemed to question if they would be stopping for the day or continuing on. A smirk came to the fanged girl's face as she began circling once more. "Oh please, tell me you're clever enough to know that I'm not the type of person who'd just take that loss." she said as she shook her head from left to right. "No, no, this is mutually beneficial now..." she said with a chuckle. "If you want me to lose you're gonna have to work for it." she finished launching herself at him again, this time from an even sharper angle all the while she seemed to find this even more amusing than she had before and thus she was trying a bit more, she'd wait a bit longer this time to extend her hand, but when she finally did, it was a reach for the left side of the man's body particularly right below his ribcage on the side.

Chiyo beginning to circle him again gave him all the answer he needed. "How am I to know what you'd choose? You're a bit bipolar, if you hadn't noticed," he stated. As she came his way this time, Kurama stood with his arms outstretched, waiting for the perfect moment to go through with his plan for the next evasion...

On the fifth day of this training session, Kurama was once again on the move. His movements were several times faster than they were on the first day, and the flames he produced had long since become a natural occurrence, rather than something triggered. "Last one, Chiyocchi. Now's the time you get everything I've got."

"Fuck! And here I thought I've been doing a good job keeping that secret." she said taking note of his stance a huge grin crossed her face. "Actually you can't accuse me of being bipolar standing there with your arms all open, I don't know if I'm supposed to tag you or hug you." and that would be one of the last things heard from the girl on that day.

Beyond this, on her final day of tag, Chiyo seemed to be just as relaxed as she always was, over the course of the last few days, her eyes had gained a couple more of the tomoe like pupils so now at the end point of this training, she seemed to have 6 in each eye. Though the six were spread out across the ripples in a pattern of one, two, three. She couldn't help but chuckle, her own movements had become much more concise, and somehow a fair bit graceful. She'd stopped merely producing cold as she chased the Flame King around, and now full ice followed in her wake to be melted by stray flames where they interacted. "Oh?! Everything... Fuck. I wonder then if I get a nice present when I win anyways~" the girl said. Over time she'd become stunningly cocky as per her usual personality. She knew where he was going, and had adjusted the spin of her graceful movements to place herself in his path, beyond this she seemed to already be reaching out for the man coming from the front her entire body relaxed as she was processing the movements of his body to change her own to eventually touch him for the fifth and final time.

"Sure. If you can win today, I'll give you whatever present you want. But, let's not count our chickens before they're cooked, yeah?" Moments after speaking, Kurama came to realize exactly what he'd said. Once again, he found himself rethinking his words. "Hatched... before they're hatched. Sorry; I skipped breakfast today." Continuing forward, the Flame King was met on his path by Chiyo, who reached out to tag him again. This time, he stopped before reaching her hand, then made use of a trick he'd yet to abuse in this training. Shifting his body to the right, he aimed to give the appearance of a dash in one direction. This, however, was a farce, as he would immediately shift left, then back for his actual maneuver. His aim in doing this was to see if Chiyo could foresee trickier movements, and to see how she would react to such things happening before her.

Chiyo rolled her eyes at this man's reaction to her small bit of trash talk. She couldn't help but find it interesting that he'd managed to mess up such an old saying simply because he was apparently hungry. "Ugh, just let me talk trash, it's fun... and obviously best left to me 'cause... I'm not fucking up. And afterwards, I'll make you dinner!~" she mentioned as she reached for him she predicted his movements but her eyes saw much more than the simplicity of his moments, she saw the fake. She now in this very moment, fully understood why Kanda had been able to see through her faked strikes in the week prior. And given this she corrected her movements 'Fake right... shift left... go... back dash.' she compressed this in her head, and then pushed forward and twisted on only her front wheels so that she was quickly spun directly into the line of his future dash her hand out in front of his chest aiming to make contact with its direct center.

"Say that all you want, but until you've overcome me, all of your trash talk is moot," he said while conducting his movements. Chiyo seemed capable enough to determine his false movements, but from what he could see, he still had the agility advantage, should he choose to use it. Of course, he wouldn't quite be doing that. Instead, when she reached for him this time, he quickly brought his left hand up to slap Chiyo's away, while continuing his backward roll. "Time to switch things up a bit."

Chiyo stuck her tongue out at the ma before her, but withdrew her own hand long before he'd slap it away. "Tsk. Switching up the rules at the last second... " she said pouting just a bit. But still, she was always up for everything so she couldn't say she really cared. "Fickle, but I'll bite. What did you have in mind?" the Ice Queen mentioned as she watched the man continue to back away. She wondered what was going on in his mind. This was different, when she thought about it now, she realized he was probably gauging her ability to react to his faked movements, but she had no idea what he'd want to do that would require such knowledge.

"It's either that, or we continue for all of six seconds before putting an end to this game. Instead, we should be focusing on the problem you'll soon develop with all those points of vision." Kurama's eyes widened ever so slightly for a brief moment. In this moment, his right eye became red in color, and his pupils became vertical and gained glowing, red rings around them. Chiyo was sure to know that this was his Emperor Eye. "We've been playing cat and mouse for days now, but that won't help in an actual battle. Against a stronger opponent, you're going to be on the defensive more than the offensive. Time for you to learn how to turn that defense into an offense."

"Well, yes, when you say it like that it sounds boring..." said the girl rolling her eyes. She was then greeted by an interesting sight, the Flame King using his special eye, which was something she'd expected but people were always different about giving up their handicaps. His statements about the necessity of facing stronger opponents made the girl's face break into a grin which could only be described as vicious. There was something crazy amusing about where this was going, and she couldn't even bring herself to be upset about this apparent change in game. "Sou ka. You want to change the game, giving me less of a handicap and having me fend you off while looking for a proper opening... that's the idea right?" she asked seemingly excited by the prospect.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast