Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

Following Chiyo's explanation of this figure skating she'd adopted, Kurama snickered. It was an interesting bit of logic, and something that seemed to work for the lass. However, something about it still seemed a bit... incomplete, as it were. "The rules did change. Or, maybe I should say they were discarded altogether for now. We're about to enter phase two. Come. It's time those eyes finished opening." As he spoke, Kurama raised his left hand, using it to beckon the Ice Queen toward himself.

"Oh, yes. Finish opening, because six points of vision and a ridiculous understanding of depth count as closed." the girl replied with a cheeky grin on her face. At the last possible second when the man motioned towards himself she shifted, her entire body lowering and and giving her even more speed to transition into the proper position to come at the man. Such speed brought a huge grin to her face as she jumped once more, this time she aimed to come at the man from his right reaching out for him with unexpected speed and accuracy.

"Six is Satoshicchi's number. It wouldn't work for you," he replied. Chiyo's new technique seemed to bring much more to the table, as far as her speed and agility were concerned. This, Kurama could tell long before she began moving toward him. Still, her approach marked the appearance of a somewhat arrogant grin from the Flame King. "Muda muda!" he said while readying his own movements. While Chiyo came toward his right, he chose to go forward, stealing the Bloody Road's instantaneous take-off to jettison himself toward the end of her ice trail. In doing so, he created flames hot enough to vaporize the ice on the floor. This combination of elements created a mist in the surrounding area, which Kurama stood at the other end of. "See from as many angles as you want, but tell me if you can see through this."

"No? Fuckface has an unhealthy obsession with the number six. Totally wouldn't have guessed that, what with the attacks in sequences of six and his movements in sets of six. Not obvious, what would I do without you to tell me such things?" it seemed the sarcasm which leaked from Chiyo's face was something of a newly developed habit. Like, now that she wasn't angry, there was just a cheeky person left in her who felt the need to comment on what was said by the Flame King. Beyond this point as she reached him and reached out for him at a speed she wasn't even sure was her maximum anymore, he dashed off, using a method she'd perfected a long time ago. Given this, it was easy for her to correct herself, taking off towards him at a slightly altered angle using the circular motion of her initial take off to continue and push towards max speed with absolutely no drawbacks.... until of course the mist settled in. "Oh? Is this blindness..." she asked aloud as she moved through the mist, but maintained a difficulty seeing she wouldn't have been faced with otherwise. She always new there was a specific elemental disadvantage to facing the Flame King, but this mist created by their Roads interacting was even more of a trap than she'd thought it would be. "Hm... this would be an interesting way to trap someone... I kinda like it. I'll keep this I think." she mentioned though she had a better idea than mist to do this, she wouldn't speak on that now. Now she was concentrating really hard, trying to figure out what to look at, to make her vision worthwhile again.

"Oh, I don't know... probably fall into a continuous downward spiral toward depression," he replied while moving around the room. Chiyo went on to express an appreciation for the blinding mist idea, which did not surprise him at all. Considering who Chiyo was, and the fact that Jinx had once said roughly the same thing to him about another trick, these words only provided him a sensation of nostalgia. "Have it. It's half your trick anyway."

"Oh? Hm... you really think that don't you... cheeky." she mentioned as she turned and began looking for him. As it was mentioned that this trick was half hers and she could have it, something about the situation made her laugh. "Well, first I should make it all my trick... but only after I make sure I can see in it." said the girl as she moved about. She was forcing her own concentration, forcing her own vision and trying really hard, and such activities would continue for the better part of an entire week. She'd fully develop her eye and by the start of week three, she'd be physically ready as well as mentally ready for all that was to come next.

"Alright, new week, new game right Yoichi. What's up now?"
    she asked. Thinking about it a smirk would come to her face. "Rather, Phase Three. That's what you'd call it right?" she said hands on her hips. Her still permanently active, now held a rather numerous nine points of vision and an innate ability to see depth in a way that was probably unusual. Beyond this she seemed to have fallen into a pattern of familiarity with the Flame King of the First Generation, the kind she generally reserved for a very specific friend of hers.

"Yep. Phase three. I like the way it sounds, y'know?" replied Kurama as he approached. This day, he once again sported a pair of basketball shorts, black in color, and a red, partly shredded tank top. His hair was a wet mop from the shower he'd so recently taken, and his Emperor Eye was active, as it had been for the past week. This session would start immediately with the revving of Kurama's ATs. "We've had a pretty good time so far, yeah? Your eye is finished, but your run could have more to it. Your Road and mine... they're polar opposites. Opposites attract. Opposites also, on occasion, have the ability to do the same things. This week, I'm going to use the most basic level of Time, and you'll learn how to deal with it. We'll continue from there, and see what happens." With that said, the Flame King darted toward Chiyo while creating the over rev phenomena which gave the illusion of halting time for the victim. His aim would be to approach Chiyo directly, and thrust his palm into her abdomen.

"Totally, get it." mentioned the Ice Queen. As they went beyond this point of the conversation, Chiyo listened to the words Yoichi spoke. And yes, it was very true her eye was finished and had some unique properties about it to boot. There was the matter of her slightly incomplete run. But she didn't expect to finish it here. Still, she supposed she couldn't argue with the contradictory nature of her and this man's runs, and beyond that the argument that they could do similar things with their runs. "Yeah, it's been pretty fun~ But you're talking like you don't expect this to be... and I don't know how I feel about that." she mentioned. It was then said that he would be using 'time' whatever that was, and she'd have to figure out a way around it. To her knowledge there wasn't that much she couldn't figure out a way around, but much to her surprise her brain was soon overloaded, and once it was, she simply couldn't move. It was as if time stopped for her in that second and then this man rather easily thrust a palm into her abdomen which doubled her over and made her eyes widen. The sensation of time came back to her she was doubled over. "Fuck! That hurt." she said taking a second to adjust to that feeling soon enough though the girl was rolling backward and thinking about this. It was after all the same sensation she'd had while fighting him in her own Tower, but why did it occur. She also knew that she didn't have to be looking at him for this to happen....

Surprisingly enough the girl seemed to smirk after getting over the pain of the hit. "I suppose this is better than the last time a kid got the drop on me. I got stabbed then." she said thinking about it, that smarted way more so she could recover easily. 'How does it work?' she thought staring at the man trying to figure out how he managed to get the drop on her.

"Well, that doesn't sound pleasant at all," he said regarding the earlier stabbing of Chiyo. He wouldn't be stopping to chit-chat, though. Instead, while Chiyo tried to think her way through the mechanics of this trick, he ran in an arc around her, performing his trick again as he looped around. This time, he would be thrusting his left elbow into the Ice Queen's spine to complete his maneuver.

'Oh, moving already this isn't going to be good.' she thought only to have the man arc around her. She spun to try and find him creating ice as an aftereffect of the movement, and in so doing she found time stopped for her again. Soon enough she'd be snapped back to herself, even faster than she had the previous time, but still not in time to dodge the elbow to her spine. 'What was different that time?' her eyes weren't really needed for the thought to complete itself. "Fuck!" second hit hurt just as bad but she could recover. It wasn't as if it were the first time she'd ever been hit, but given the way she was feeling about it now, it was pushing her towards the thought she wouldn't allow such easy besting of her skills. 'OH!' it was just like that she realized what had been different, and this time she moved once more backward push of her left leg against the ground of the chamber created a crest of ice as she skated in a figure eight. 'It's heat based... I should be a bit resistant to that, and the difference between the first one and the second was the ice... so if I can keep my own temperature low enough... it won't matter.' she thought and now it was theory testing time.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast