Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

Kurama could see his flames being smothered around Chiyo, and it was surprisingly exciting to the man. Chiyo's shadow was also an interesting thing to view, but he hardly had time to admire it. The Ice Queen was about to move. When she did, Kurama was prepared to react to whatever she would be doing. It seemed her choice was going to be a maneuver to shift to his rear. While she performed this spin, Kurama was simultaneously turning with her, producing more and more flames. Seeing the movements of the muscles in her legs, he knew what would come next. As such, he took a bit of extra time to spin an additional 360 degrees, using the Apollon Road, the truest form of his run. By combining the principle of Time with his flames, he used the momentum of his spin to kick out a powerful burst of heat energy to counteract the frozen Fang being thrown his way. The two collided, causing an immediate explosion of steam to spread around the two Gravity Children. "That's it, Yukianesa! Show me everything you've got!" With the one AT he had on the ground, Kurama created five clones of flames which darted from his person one by one, each aiming their bodies at the Ice Queen.

"Cortana?" the Thunder King questioned from the room above, just before seeing the representation of the AI Kotone created. He found it familiar... very familiar, in fact. "You turned yourself into a program? Sugoi!"

Chiyo seemed to be having a good time of this, and her eyes were already working overtime so she knew nothing would come of her first attack. She didn't actually expect it to knowing that the man's eyes could predict the things she would do based on the movements of her muscles. Even so the multiple tomoe in each eye spun as she layered the sections of vision atop each other creating a panoramic view of this place in her mind. Once she had she took full advantage of the momentum she'd built up and didn't bother turning to face the man and his coming clones. Seeming to enjoy the steam created around them that would begin to crystallize as ice from the movement of her own feet. As this happened they seemed to be congealing turning into orbs of ice and sharpness as she moved around. The coming clones would find themselves each dispersed through contact with what was effectively a crescent shaped ice bubble which was the size of a basketball and would explode into ice shards on contact. "Yoichi, I thought canines were predators, but you're starting to look like a meal to me." after the clones were dealt with the girl found herself, within a short distance of the man, so she spun kicking into a backward arc which would allow her to reach maximum speed in less than the distance between them. Then a kick outward would cause an ice laser to finish the distance and attempt to shoot clear across the room and straight through the man. All the while the temperature seemed to fluctuate downward, as if the girl's movements were meant solely to drop the temperature of the room, forcing the smothering of flames.

Kotone seemed to find Kohaku's appreciation of her newest development to be amusing. She smiled and nodded continuing to monitor other things. "Yes, I did. I thought I could use more access to me, and all of you as well. Actually I've already added her to all of your phones. In the form of a Halo button on your main screens, it's her companion program. She's mostly going to be used to monitor this room, but she's also kind of just a companion program for life. She can do just about anything and find all information she needs between the internet and the systems here. She was finalized yesterday..." she mentioned watching the screen for the actions of the pair and finding it to be one of the most amazing things she'd witnessed. She spoke to the program on screen to ask for more or different data she wanted to see. "Cortana, could you pull up the temperature fluctuations for the room, as well as structural integrity models... I might have do to more work after they've worn themselves out for the day." she said only to have the AI open new screens which displayed the information asked for. "Oh, and she's voice activated." mentioned the Pledge Queen distinctly proud of herself.

"Don't get the wrong idea, Yukicchi~" he replied. As the ice laser was prepared, Kurama could be seen with his arms open and slowly swirling around each other. The wind gathered betwixt them, carrying Kurama's flames as well. He hastened the build-up of this trick taken from the Wing Road to halt the laser before him within the cyclone of fire, using the flames themselves to assist in the process. In the end, he kicked the center of this tornado, sending the wind and flames through the center of the laser toward Chiyo. All the while, his left AT continued revving against the floor to keep the flame production up against Chiyo's continuous freezing. "You can't make ice in the heat, but you can always light a fire when it's cold."

When Kotone explained the Cortana AI, Kabuto took the time to have a look at his phone. Indeed, there was now a halo icon right above the center button of his touch-screen device. This was quite the useful program from what he gathered, and he would certainly make use of it later. For the moment, though, he was content to keep track of the training taking place. When the temperature fluctuations were noted, the Thunder King's eyes narrowed. "This isn't a winnable fight. Either they both die here, or neither of them does. The Zone is fickle like that, but these Roads should never meet."

Chiyo didn't seem at all distressed by the amount of counter-productivity taking place here. In fact, she all but expected it. She'd been thinking for a while a fight between the pair of them would never amount to much of anything if neither were able to reach the proper temperature before the other. Her thoughts on this were that if she could reach the greatest low temperature, all she'd have to do was maintain it, but the same could be said of the man standing in front of her. Still, she couldn't really abandon what she was doing despite the obvious problem with the two of their roads colliding in such a way. So as the flame tornado came towards her, she seemed to embrace it, spinning into it and following the spin without fear, something she'd done time and time again when it was just wind. Subsequently following it back to it's source feet first, this was the kind of person Chiyo was, the type who'd follow in regardless of how bad it seemed. The entire time she spun she created a swirl of ice as she did lowering the temperature around her and creating more steam and warm mist from the ice to fire combination occurring every time one of them performed a trick. "Yoichi, without Gravity neither of us wins this exchange. Heat should rise and cold should fall, but there aren't directions... this is all going to be luke warm mist at every clash, only having major temperature spikes at the start of one trick and the end of another." she mentioned. If the man continued to stand at the end of this created tornado, he'd find himself being ridden upon the girl's ATs making contact with the center of his chest, if this happened there would be a freezing of his person from the point of contact. This was Chiyo in the Zone caring about nothing other than eliminating her target. But she couldn't push further, and knew from experience that her dive into the Zone would leave her completely spent if she continued with no shot of achieving her goal. With this in mind, if she didn't make contact with the man when she righted herself she'd step out of it, letting the doors close behind her.

Meanwhile, Kotone was left to watch this fight and the problems being created by the polarizing exchange between the pair of riders who were both high class no matter what way it was looked at. Actually the entire structure of the building had been changed from a sphere to a three dimensional elipse. "Fire against water and now fire against ice. The Fox always has a bad habit of meeting and befriending people he doesn't properly mix with... what's the point of the training if neither of them can win and if they shouldn't meet at all." this was one moment in which the Pledge Queen seriously wasn't sure of the nature of this training. She'd been watching it the entire time it'd been taking place and knew it to be building up to something, but... what was the point of the two of them couldn't properly determine a winner.

"So you haven't figured it out yet?" he asked, though he expected no answer. Instead of bothering with discussion from then on, he continued the match. Chiyo's entrance to the flaming Pile Tornado trick was an interesting choice. However, she would indeed be missing with her attack, as Kurama spun around the outside of the tornado during her approach. He would then grind to a stop, kicking up flames again as he darted toward Chiyo from behind.

Kabuto intently watched this match, remembering how his use of his Thunderbolt Snowman trick worked against Kurama in prior years during a training match. When he thought back to this, he remembered what happened when he made up for his weakness against the Flame Road with this trick, and he compared that moment to the more solid form that was Chiyo's Blizzard Road. Only after this train of though completed itself did he reply to Kotone, smiling as he did, even though it seemed like Kurama in the Zone was en route to incinerating the Ice Queen. "That's exactly the point," he said. In this moment, the monitor showed the completion of Kurama's onslaught. He bypassed Chiyo, leaving a massive tongue of flames that would have burned the lass immediately. However, the meeting of fire and ice always made water. This meant that his flames were immediately doused as he passed the Ice Queen, flaring up only for a split second to accomplish nothing more than melting what ice remained, and being put out by it quicker as a result. Then came the mist: the ultimate result of these two Roads colliding at such a level. "No one being able to win just means they can fight like they're trying to kill each other... without killing each other. There's no better training one can get."

It was at the rhetorical question, that Chiyo's eyes opened and thought it had been her intention to leave the Zone but at the last second she didn't. Her intention to kill the man only seeming to rise over time. "Ugh, I just said it didn't I." she said this, not as a question but as a statement. There wasn't a winner, so unlike previous training bouts this obviously wasn't about a set goal. This was odd for the girl, considering that she was usually a lot more goal oriented, but she figured now would be the time she solidified most of her tricks as they could cause no real harm here. Lightning sparked from her corner of her eyes as she spun finding that for a split second Yoichi should have been in strike range, but in so doing created a crest of ice which would flow in the direction the man's flames took back towards him, only as they approached and moved they seemed to just turn into steam. All this time she didn't seem afraid of the encroaching flames, knowing there'd still be ice around to handle it.

"Ah, I see."
    Kotone said. Not having considered the goodness of having a training partner on the opposite end of the spectrum for yourself. Everytime you clashed you didn't really have to consider what would happen as the things taking place couldn't really hurt anything, even if it was your intention to make it so. "Well, I suppose that explains his choice in training partners then." she said looking at the data on the screens and becoming a bit annoyed by what she was seeing. "Still, the two of them are warping the entire chamber every time the temperature spikes in one direction or the other. I'm going to have to call Jirou and get him push it back into shape before the metal settles." she mentioned though inwardly she was quite pleased. The developments of these two were astonishing and in the case of the girl from the second generation there was even more to come.

"That's better." Though Chiyo had slipped out of the Zone, she was able to hop right back in through those giant, metaphorical doors. When he turned around to face her, he used his flames again, causing the appearance of another steam cloud between them as he approached.

It was at this time that Kabuto looked away from the monitor, finding that he'd seen enough of the training session. "If they stay in there long enough, he may not even be able to help. Zone battles are catastrophes every time; there's no telling how much damage will be done."

Soon enough, the Angels would be busying themselves with the repairs to their spot. Not that it took them a very long time with the help they recieved. By the time the Flame King and the Ice Queen were ready to play again, the structure they played within had been reinforced and remade with stronger more resistant materials.

To her credit the Ice Queen had come quite a long ways, but this was only the second day of her fun in the Zone, so she figured there was something more to be learned here. At least, that was the way someone like Yoichi would put it. With that in mind the Ice Queen had her shower, dressed herself and rose for the day, first... and when breakfast was finished, french toast and eggs she'd be seen dancing around the kitchen as she tried to find the syrup, surprisingly enough she was herself with the active eyes of her special variant alive in her face.

Eventually, the Flame King Kurama emerged from the bedroom, and made his way directly into the shower. He did so very soon after Chiyo left. When he finally emerged, he continued into the kitchen, and with a towel being rubbed against his face, he witnessed Chiyo prancing about the room in search of something. "Well someone sure woke up happy today. Did I do something right that I don't know about?" he asked as the towel he'd been drying his face with fell over his shoulders.

"Fuck, yes I did!~" Chiyo said at the mention of her waking up happy this day. Of course, it was rather rare for her to get to have the type of fun she had the day prior. And beyond that, she was also still utterly relaxed. "As for what you did, I can't think of anything in particular, but I'm sure if you really want to, you could find a way to take a bit of credit somewhere in there~" she said, the whole time she'd still been prancing about the kitchen, but even now she couldn't find what she was looking for. "Fuck, where's the syrup? I want breakfast." Chiyo mentioned turning to face the man finally, but she'd seen him since he walked up to the kitchen with the towel rubbing over his face. "Oh, I made you some too~" she added, so that he wouldn't feel left out of her meal choice of the morning.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast