Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

Kurama wasted no time discarding what clothes he wore and entering the shower to cleanse himself of breakfast condiments. As he washed himself off, he was urged by Chiyo to mention the day's plan without hesitation. "There's only one thing we need to do before I feel comfortable letting you out. You need a Zone trigger... and by that, I mean you need a different one. One day, you might find yourself needing the Zone, but not wanting to kill your opponent. That'll be the day you absolutely need a more conventional trigger; one that you can actually use whenever you want or need it."

Having rinsed, Chiyo began the process of soaping up again with the same vanilla body wash she'd been using the entire time she'd been here. Upon hearing what the Flame King had to say. Upon hearing this she chuckled. "Oh?! You don't say... so me desiring to kill things totally isn't what I should be doing with my friends. I didn't think of that." she said sarcastically. "Fuck, so how does one find a more conventional Zone Trigger?" she asked as she rung out her sponge and began turning to rinse herself off. This was after all a shower for the sake of getting clean.

Kurama had to think of a way to word his next clause, as there were many reasons for Chiyo to find a different trigger. Not only would it benefit any opponent she came across without initially aiming to slaughter, but it would be best for her as well. "Well... first, there's a bit more to it than just fighting against your friends. I'm sure you've noticed how the Zone affects the mental state. You'll never truly be able to control the Zone until you can be calm while inside it. To apply it to a metaphor, I'll say... it's a lot easier to sink to the bottom of a pool if you freak out until you start drowning in it, but if you calmly swim toward the bottom, you can go at a pace that's healthier for you... or something like that."

Chiyo heard out what the Flame King had to say about the Zone. And she supposed she had a reasonable understanding of her own mindset while she was in the Zone so she could get how mental states could play a role in the Zone. "Alright that is a fairly understandable explanation. Don't know how I feel about drowning metaphors but... makes sense." she said thinking about it, she had no idea what to consider another way to get there. "Fuck, so question... What gets you in the Zone, 'cause, I got nothing in my head that is simultaneously calm and powerful." she said, not turning the water off but officially clean, because she wanted to keep talking.

"... Victory," he replied with a bath sponge pressed against his torso. "I enter the Zone in slightly different ways all the time, but at the root of it all... victory is my trigger. I just know I can't get there on actions alone, so my secondary trigger is pretty broad." As the explanation went on, Kurama brought his cleansing routine to an end. It seemed Chiyo had done the same, but the water remained on for some reason. Nevertheless, he stepped off the shower's gravity platform, and finished speaking while floating away and grabbing cleaner clothes. "You need something like that. Something just a bit less specific. An overly specific trigger just forces you to stay focused on that, and only that, while you're in the Zone. It doesn't leave you room to consider other possibilities without falling out."

"Victory, huh?" she thought about the Flame King and the various instances they'd spent together including most of the last month and she supposed it made a great deal of sense. She could see him feeling the need to accomplish a specific goal and needing to meet challenges laid out before him, after all, the reason they were showering now was because she'd basically dared him to pour syrup on her. "For some reason that information isn't very surprising." she added about the Flame King before switching her thoughts. While thinking about this, she finally turned off the shower now that the Flame King was finished and floated off into the distance to find clothes she wanted to wear again. Now that she'd begun dressing she began thinking and as such quietness steeped from the young woman as she tried to think of a situation that encapsulated her feelings which weren't normally violent. Forcing herself to think like this, her only memories really were ones of the Parts War she'd participated in as a teen.

After dressing himself in his typical pair of cargo pants, and a v-neck shirt, Kurama donned his ATs and began lacing them up. "So, do you have an idea? If so, let's see it." Without further ado, the Flame King hopped off the living platform, making his way into the open space of the anti-gravity facility. He was prepared to enter the Zone whenever necessary, but he first wanted to see and know if Chiyo was ready to enter the Zone in a newer, calmer way.

Chiyo had chosen another pair of shorts, black in color and a purple t-shirt which seemed to be about the same color as her eyes without the lit quality. Once she was dressed she began putting on her ATs sliding them up her legs to almost her knees while practically floating away. "Fuck, it's kinda hard yeah?" she said. But when she thought about herself and when she was most calm she supposed there was only one way she felt both calm and power. "Eh, Yoichi, you ever heard of the Devil's 33?" the Ice Queen asked, she thought she had a bit of an idea, but she felt like talking about it first.

Kurama patiently waited, with crossed arms and an open mind, for the Ice Queen's answer. What she came up with, though, came in the form of a question. The young woman inquired about his knowledge of the race type known as "The Devil's 33," which he had to admit he was familiar with to some extent. Still, he wasn't yet certain what the relevance of this was. "I have heard of it, yeah. Why?"

Chiyo realized that was an odd question to ask, so she figured she'd have to explain a bit more. And as she floated she'd been on her back in the air but soon righted herself so that she could begin moving about in her general circling manner. This was done to think, like she didn't intend to attack initially. "Fuck, well, because... I hold the record in that race... more of a jump really." she stated remembering that situation her body shifted and she started moving backwards, and the transition was almost instantaneous. "Our team had recently lost its emblem so we were rushing to get back up to the right class so we could participate in the Gram Scale Tournament. It was before our official divisions were determined as smaller secondary teams. It should have been really easy to win, what with a rider like Shoichi as our leader he could make that jump any day no problem." explained the girl as she remembered very clearly the core of their team standing and waiting for Shoichi to make this jump over all of them, such was the nature of the Devil's 33. "We weren't afraid of it, because it was simple, and Shoichi could make the jump... and he did. He cleared all of us then his simple ass got himself disqualified because he just kept going." she said rubbing a hand over her own face. "He was having too much fun. But it caused everyone else to freak out. All that talk of who else could make the jump without activating their regalia because that was a disqualification too. How we were too close to getting back into B-class and how it would take too long any other way, we'd have to wait too long we'd miss registration and all that." she stated, she had no idea why she was explaining this, but in the explanation she found herself standing before that metaphorical door in her mind as she painted a picture of the situation.

"I wasn't even a consideration for all of them. What, with my being chained to the ground and weighted down, they didn't consider that I could clear it. But... I didn't much wait for their opinion on the matter. I just made a decision, because they were all freaking out too badly to see it clearly." she stated as in her head she pushed her hand against the door and felt it give, her eyes still closed. "I shed 55 kilos worth of weight by way of my chains as they freaked out about who was taking the jump and got to the platform before anyone else really knew what was happening. I cleared the jump and set a new record. And everyone was stunned because they hadn't even looked my way until I was over their heads." she tiny girl explained. "I told them all when I landed what I thought was the truth then. I could do it, and I did it, because I can always work within limits, a bit of pressure doesn't mean anything to me. After all, everything between the Sky and the Ground is mine~" and with those words, the Ice Queen opened her eyes streaks of lightning in her eyes.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast