Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

Kurama soon received an in-depth explanation for why Chiyo mentioned the Devil's 33, and he had to say, he was impressed by how it actually related to Chiyo's new Zone trigger. He had to say, he was a bit disturbed by why she had to participate in the race during this story, but he couldn't say he was very surprised. On a more relatable note, he could feel the doors of the Zone opening as Chiyo brought this story to conclusion, and took the liberty of walking in behind her. Once inside with electric sparks stemming from his eyes, he grinned and addressed the final statement made by the Ice Queen. "I'm impressed, Chiyocchi~! I was a bit worried about your group for a while, but you're a true storm after all."

In the Zone now, Chiyo pushed off at what would seem to be an impossible speed. She was flexing with that lightning coming from the corner of her eyes, and this push into the Zone felt much different than it had before. She felt so much like herself, but... it was more than that, she felt like she was still capable of normal thought, capable of determining things and that was odd. In large part with this calm and slightly cocky attitude a bit of confusion came to the girl's face when Yoichi stated he was impressed by what she'd said and mentioned something about being a true storm. "Fuck, Foxman you look pleased as holy fuck. But I got no idea what you're gettin' at, explain." the girl stated, her personality was what it was when she was clearly relaxed and being herself. It was cold, calm and a tiny bit demanding.

"Well..." Kurama said, pausing for a moment of contemplating as he began moving around the room at speeds that were exceptionally high for the norm, but quite standard while being in the Zone. He decided that since Chiyo had given him a full backstory with her explanation of her Zone trigger, he would give the courtesy of doing the same in this instance. "Here's a story for you, then. You've met Aomine Isamu. Since seeing his abilities, haven't you once wondered why he never became our Sky King?"

Chiyo looked at this man oddly as her speed almost tripled from the first time she moved this moment of eye contact would last only a millisecond before she'd moved on to another position in the room. Even so, she supposed she'd considered asking that question once or twice since she'd been here but never really thought to bring it up in conversation. "Fuck, I suppose the thought crossed my mind a time or two, but I was sort of just exceptionally relieved he wasn't since I have a general understanding of what the Sky Regalia does. Enlighten me~" she asked as a spray of ice escaped her ATs while she flipped twisting several times over the ground before she was righted and continuing. These movements would be like watching something buzzing about, only a second or two of stopped motion for the untrained eye, but this random movement and shifts in her direction were what she was concentrating on presently.

"To put it simply, the answer is because the sun creates its own storm," was the Flame King's immediate reply. Without explaining what he meant by storm, he understood this would not pass as an appropriate answer. On the other hand, there was still more to the story. "Shoichi himself is an incredibly vast sky; I daresay a nearly endless one at his rate of development. The problem with Aomine was, basically, that he was even beyond that. When he developed, watching his run was like looking up at the sun itself. Can you imagine what would happen if the sky went all the way to the sun? The thing that makes even the greatest sky bearable, is that every now and then, the storms come through and make us realize there's something between us and the otherwise intimidating sky. Naturally we couldn't allow our sky to be constantly filled with the sun, as the sun's light shines through even the darkest clouds in some way." Kurama did not make this speech while sitting still; not at all. He was continuously moving along with Chiyo, using his Emperor Eye to trace her movements while moving in tandem on a parallel path to create swirling clashes between fire and ice. This was done simply to remain within the Zone through physical activity, all while making things as clear as possible within his metaphors. "Do you get it now? The elements all come together to create storms, just to show us that there is a way to either block out, or even reach the sky that encompasses us all. Even an endless sky can be mediated with a storm that's big enough to get the job done."

Chiyo heard out all the Flame King had to say, and took from it the core of the information. That the reason Aomine wasn't allowed to be the Sky is because his vastness would have too much for the others. The Sky would have been a burning endless thing and no storms or anything below would have any shot. There was also the mention of the vastness of Shoichi and she supposed she could see that as well, especially given how well she knew Shoichi to begin with, the difference being Shoichi was the kind of guy to take everyone along, even when he outpaced them by a ridiculous amounts. It was actually one of his more endearing qualities. When she thought of this a small smile came to her face. "Fuck, those metaphors are a bit trippy, but I am pretty sure I understand what you mean. Does that mean that the Crazy Bird Lady is your generation's Storm? To match Roze's Sky." she said, coming to a very sudden stop in front of the man which would stand for a second exactly before she moved again. She'd momentarily forgotten Suzume's name, but filled in with a nickname that would be dangerously close to one previously chosen by Jinx so it would likely be understood regardless. She took note of the Flame King following her about, causing clashes between fire and ice which were amusing to see dance together to become the warm mists their runs seemed to make together.

"... Yeah. The crazy... bird lady," he said hesitantly, yet seemingly a bit amused by the chosen epithet. When Chiyo stopped moving, he did as well. Just the same, he met the following movement with one along the polar opposite path, making for a very flashy show of the elements overall. He had the passing thought that the Angels above may find this entertaining if nothing else, but this thought only lasted for a moment. "By definition, a Storm King or Queen is an amalgamation of Roads leading toward one great power, comparable to the Sky itself. Your generation needed something different, though. Even without being part Roze, Shoichi is going to be a sky that's almost incomprehensible. Being the kind of sky he is, though, he won't require a storm to block him out. Instead, he'll need one that acts as a bridge between himself and everything below him. From what I see in you now, you'll fill that role perfectly."

The Ice Queen took note of the hesitation in the Flame King's voice and attributed it immediately to what she'd chosen to call his friend. Regardless of this, she could see the dynamic he mentioned play out between Roze and Suzume, after all, she'd witness a bit of how the two behaved while they were together and supposed it made a great deal of sense. As he went on to explain what her likely role would be in a comparable situation she figured that made a bit of sense as well... though one thing about this title bugged her and as she spun rapidly in a circle creating a veritable tornado of climbing ice before jumping out of it herself she mentioned this. "Fuck, our understanding of that was all messed up. Ya' know Shoichi was Storm King for a while, it was the title given because of his road at the time." she stated still seeming to have fun. "But I get ya'..." this calmer version of the Zone was amazing for Chiyo because it also allowed her to freely observe the entirety of the space simply by dividing her points of vision between herself and the Flame King. With this she could tell he was pacing himself to match her and could only giggle as their clashes of elements seemed to make sparkling displays as they happened.

Meanwhile, the Angels upstairs were watching from one of their monitors. In particular the Angel of Creation seemed to be bemused by the sight. Fire and ice dancing about in such a way seemed to make within her a bit of a creative frenzy. "The Angel sees beauty when the Flame God and the Little Cold One dance."

"Yeah, I know. It wasn't exactly wrong, though. Your generation's tuner was right. The Hurricane Road was a combination of the Wind and Rumble Regalias, right? What if I told you that the Wind and Rumble Regalias were actually parts taken from the Hurricane Road? Suzume's Road. It's a bit dodgy, but to keep it as simple as possible, Shoichi was a basic form of a Storm King back then." Kurama's path remained in opposition of Chiyo's, though they soon crossed once more. When they did, he kicked up an extra bit of flames, assuming Chiyo would easily see his movements and be able to respond accordingly. "That's the beauty of a storm. It has the ability to encompass more elements from within the sky, and keep growing. Shoichi chose to abandon his cloud and become the sky itself, but you... You've already gone through the condensation stage and become a storm the size of the hurricane your generation once had. You're not big enough yet, though. How your storm grows is up to you."

Chiyo heard out what Yoichi had to say about the Hurricane Road and its origins and by that logic she supposed it made a reasonable amount of sense that Shoichi had been crowned Storm King. "Fuck, I guess it does make sense, considering that he was Storm King after Ichi-kun gave up his Regalia Cores to him, when he decided that he didn't want to participate in the Gram Scale Tournament." she said. "And I figured Usagi-nee wasn't wrong, she's an odd one, but I've never really seen her be wrong before." she stated, when their paths crossed again there were extra flames, but she saw this coming and didn't need any reaction time to kick up extra ice as well, to make a burst to create the mists without taking any injury from the extra heat created.

Beyond this point as she basically danced with the Flame King he said something she both simultaneously understood and that deeply annoyed her. She couldn't keep the look of distaste from her face as her eyes narrowed in that moment. Because, Chiyo somewhere deep inside had a bit of a Napoleon Complex and didn't like being referred to as little, even though she was in fact quite tiny and there was no way around this.'Fuck, did this sly fox fucker just call me little?'

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast