Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

"They never really stop," was the man's retort. He was actually a bit disturbed by the fact that Chiyo had not yet tagged him, but the way she was going about it, she never would. Having this train of thought caused the Flame King to sigh as Chiyo began moving around him in a three-dimensional space. "You're either thinking too hard, or not hard enough. You're only going to tag me by responding to my movements before I make them. You're never going to get anywhere against the movements I've already started making. Think of it this way: You can chase something that's faster than you all you want, but it's always going to outrun you. If your speed and stamina both put you at a disadvantage, it's your reactions to the movements made during the critical moment of a potential catch that will produce results. Our eyes give us the advantage of knowing what those movements will be an instant before they happen. We just have to be skillful enough to react in that time frame, and catch the opponent the moment they think they're avoiding us."

'Wonderful...' thought the girl at the man's initial response to her. She was always amazed by the sorts of people who were told about their behavior but continued it anyways. She herself was this sort of person so she supposed she couldn't really be mad about it, but it was still a bit annoying. Beyond this the man spent a lot of time explaining where he thought she was going wrong. And she listened to the entirety of his statement before closing her eyes and summarized it in her head. And when this happened she opened her eyes and exhaled. "Fuck, you say a lot. All you had to say was that I lacked follow through, fucking hell." and with that said the girl fully understood that she was simply stopping her own movements to soon, if she was forcing him to move then all she had to do was keep moving. She used to do that frequently and wondered when it had stopped, though on a much different scale she figured this was still just the same on routine and as such she launched herself at the man once more breaking away from her cold sphere with a spin that would launch her at him directly from an angle right to left and come from above to below as she reached out she aimed to touch the center of his body, but given a movement she was more than ready to react and reach either right or left or back depending on where he moved.

"Neh, Chiyocchi, attitude isn't conducive to improvement," the Flame King commented. As he waited for the girl's next move, he slipped both hands into his pockets, feeling he no longer needed use of them. His plan for the next evasion was to give less of a handicap using flashy movements as possible, just to really force the use of Chiyo's ocular ability. His eyes followed her around the sphere until the moment she launched herself his way. Attacking from an angle was something he considered to be a strong assault on any normal opponent, but he knew how he would be reacting. His only hope was that Chiyo would be capable of tagging him anyway. There was only one way to find out. During her approach, Kurama kicked off the floor and utilized a technique he'd used earlier this day. He borrowed Wing Road principles and shifted his center of gravity in a way which allowed him to flip and turn during this jump. This would have him upside-down above Chiyo, facing the same direction as her after leaping and curving around her arm.

Chiyo seemed to find it amusing, that this man didn't like her attitude. No one ever did really, that was something she was used to, but she was now determined to show that she fully understood what he'd been getting at in the first place, since in general she refused apologies for anything. That being said as she aimed to tag the man she found his movement to not be at all what she expected of a rider of his type, actually it reminded her of someone else entirely a twitch at his core didn't say he was going any of the directions she'd initially anticipated. To go with this feeling she didn't assume the shift in any direction and follow her motion in a circular way so that she'd spin and her hand would make her turn so that she was facing the man in his upside down position with her hand placed lightly upon his chest. "Fuck, if my arms were longer I wouldn't have had to turn so far." she mentioned pulling back her hand.

When a hand finally reached his body, Kurama felt able to relax at last. His muscle tension went away with an exhale, and a grin crossed his face. "Now we're in business. Congratulations. You've finished step one of phase one. You can relax now." With that said, the Flame King realigned himself with the ground, and pulled on the neck of his shirt. "Yare yare. I just remembered, I'm on vacation. You didn't have plans, did you? I realize I kinda let myself get caught up in the moment, and... sorta drafted you on this. Sorry."

Content that she'd finally managed to reach him, Chiyo let herself float a bit tucking her thumbs into the loops on her shorts to busy her hands. The Flame King seemed content with her developments and told her she could relax, beyond this point he seemed to just now remember that he was on vacation and seemed to be at least a bit concerned that he'd drafted the Ice Queen into this training session without really looking into what she was doing. The thought of this after the fact apology made her laugh from a place really deep inside. "Really? Don't apologize, that's weird." she said brushing it off and explaining. "I never really have plans. I like to keep myself as busy as possible, that is generally me making broad plans and filling in the downtime with other stuff. Since I broke my leg about a month ago, that simply meant picking up club activities and the like to do while I wasn't riding, I got my Regalia back and fixed up today... so my only real plans were school and then running until I felt content with what I'd done. Technically speaking you're helping me out, so no harm done. Though if you're on vacation, then isn't this considered a damper for your plans?"

"It was... potentially preemptive," he said while rolling around, looking toward the platform above. After a few moments of thought, he looked toward Chiyo and gestured in the direction of said platform with a quizzical expression on his visage. At the same time, he chose to address her concerns about his apparent vacation. "I only had plans to relax, and considering the type of training you'll be going through... there'll be quite a bit of that. I'm thinking rigorous training, followed by heavy recoup. Should condition the body well enough over the coming weeks. Just make sure those eyes stay active, yeah?"

"You apologize preemptively?" she questioned this because it was the oddest thing she'd ever heard. Then again the former Fang Queen wasn't really seen as apologetic at all, in fact most times she never even mentioned feeling the slightest bit bad about anything she did. Even so she moved right along seeing the gesture towards the platform she moved up towards it. "Eyes active so I can overload my obsessive compulsive brain with information I can't process and drive myself crazy. Sure, I can do that." said the girl with her pigtails swaying from side to side, her tone was light when she said this, which implied she was joking though everything she said in that statement was quite true. She was already starting to be annoying by how much detail she could see in everything and it made her the tiniest bit cranky but she was still less agitated than normal so this wasn't much of a problem. "So training and relaxing a lot... alright." she said. This was sort of like an extended vacation regardless of the way she thought about it, it was the easiest way for her to develop her road and her eye simultaneously.

"Potentially." A light hop allowed Kurama to float toward the platform as well. "Yeah, that sounds about right. What's power without a bit of insanity to go with it?" By the time he finished speaking, Kurama stood atop the platform, approaching the kitchenette Kotone had mentioned before. "Anyway... where does the relaxation begin? As per usual, I am at your service."

Chiyo didn't get the point of apologizing before she did something. With this in mind she wondered if she could get him to explain why he did this. "Useful?" the girl questioned. Mostly because she didn't see the point in being driven crazy by her own mind. Beyond this, it seemed the man set himself up in the kitchenette for whatever reason, so Chiyo took pause grabbing her bag and opening it, there were several stacks of shrink wrapped clothing in the duffel, a couple of empty journals for her writing compulsion, and then at the other end, several packages of lemon pudding one of which she opened along with two small wooden spoons and took two off of before standing fairly across from the man and offering him one. While replying to him. "Ugh, you say that like you don't care about the activity at all, it makes me feel weird." she mentioned. Fully intending to eat both puddings if he didn't accept one, as she had nothing to eat since proper breakfast. Thinking about it though she continued on. "Well, I suppose when I'm done with this I want a leg massage. But I have a question, is there any meat in there?" she asked pointing to the fridge. This was a problem she had that went all the way back to her own tower days, even if she didn't realize why she'd asked that question initially.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast