Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

The next time Kurama looked in Chiyo's direction, she had somehow obtained a pair of pudding cups and spoons, one of each being held in his direction. "Arigatou," he said with a smile as he took a cup and spoon. "You know, when I first saw these, there were never any spoons around. Jirou and I used to twist one end of the lid, and use them in place of silverware. It was horrible," he concluded with a laugh. Once the lid was off his cup, he shoved the wooden spoon inside, and began swirling it around in the pudding. While he did this, Chiyo posed a very peculiar question about the contents of the food storage here. Not knowing for certain what sort of groceries the Angel of Destruction went for, he had a gander at the refrigerator and deep-freezer. "Uhh... There's chicken, beef, and... octopus."

Chiyo looked at the man as she opened her own pudding cup, swirling the little apparently wooden spoon around in it for a few seconds before having a spoonful. When Kurama explained how he and his twin used to eat these, Chiyo tried to imagine it, but the only visual for the man's twin, had him as a super muscular man and she simply couldn't imagine him doing such a thing, the thought of it made her laugh. "Gomen, it's just trying to imagine Muscles eating out of anything smaller than a mixing bowl is cartoon style hilarious." mentioned the fanged girl as the man looked through the fridge and apparently found three different varieties of meat which caused her brow to raise. After a few seconds of thought she began to wonder which of the personalities ate which thing, knowing that such a thing had to be the reason for the variation in meat. "Octopus? Which one of them eats octopus?" she questioned only to shake her head. "Well, at least no one is trying to make me vegan so, I suppose that is fine..." Chiyo thought this and realized she could cook all three varieties of meat and had no problem with it. "Wait a second, you cook too don't you?" she asked this question because she made the assumption without really knowing which was odd but she felt like he did. She could cook, and used to often when she lived with her brother for obvious reasons.

"Heh. You should get a hold of Jinx. She's got a picture of him eating ice-cream from that little mom-and-pops place in Tokyo." Having observed enough of the fridge's interior, he shut the door and began thinking of meals that could be fashioned out of its ingredients. "You're quick. The Angels do have different tastes in food... except pears. According to Kotone, they all hate pears for some reason. Anyway, Creation is a wine and chicken kind of gal. Destruction's the one that favors sports drinks and octopus, and Kotone herself fancies juice and steak. None of them are vegan or vegetarian, though it wouldn't surprise me if Creation gave it some thought. And yes, I do cook. If I didn't, my sister would be growing up on steaks and protein drinks. I'm not certified or anything, but I can whip up a five-star meal or two," he commented while turning to face Chiyo and preparing a spoonful of pudding to eat. "I imagine you've got a few dishes under your belt as well. Satoshi was definitely not on the list of people we let in the kitchen of our tower."

Chiyo was working at devouring her pudding cup, but in between bites it was mentioned that Jinx had a picture of the muscular Gem King eating ice cream from the mom and pops place in Tokyo and she could only think of one place that could have been and it was a small shop by the middle school, which she used frequent while she was younger. "Ooh, I have to see that. I used to love that place..." she said thinking about it more she supposed their generation didn't seem all that different from the previous one. As it was explained that each of the personalities of the Angel seemed to have varied tastes of food with one common dislike she nodded as that made a reasonable amount of sense. When he went on to explain how and why he could cook and expressed that he figured she could a smirk came to her face, and she paused her eating for just a second. "Nice to know that he's always been that way. I learned to cook at age eight because he set the stove on fire three times in 2 months and it was starting to eat into my run money. That and I got tired of take-out." mentioned the girl of her wayward brother who'd apparently been that way for a very long time. "In our tower though, Muu-nii did almost all the cooking, he's vegan though... food was good."

"Mm. I'd say Satoshi's cooking was dangerous to the tower, but... it was a light day if all we had to worry about was a kitchen fire," he said to address the utter chaos that was day-to-day life in the first Trophaeum Tower. "So, the Tar King cooks. That's good. I can't say I've ever had a vegan meal, but... I can't say I've ever wanted to try one, either. I can't bring myself to take either extreme end of that spectrum." Now that he'd spoken his share about these matters, Kurama finally began consuming the lemon pudding he'd been given. "You'll gain weight eating these, y'know?"

Chiyo found herself chuckling, she could imagine of the personalities she'd met in the First Generation, life was probably a lot more complicated and dangerous than merely kitchen fires. Roze was rather short-tempered as an adult she didn't imagine that was better when she was younger. Beyond this point though there was the bit about the Tar King's cooking which while odd in its own way, was also rather delicious. "I used to fancy myself a carnivore. I'll eat the other stuff now, but meat is good. The vegan meals were good too, if my memory serves correctly. I was just argumentative about just veggies and tofu all the time." mentioned the girl. In doing this she remembered common ground she'd once had with a certain member of her own generation she'd so recently upset. And now she knew what she'd do to make it up to him. Beyond this point it was mentioned that she'd gain weight eating the type of pudding she enjoyed and she simply rolled her eyes at the man. "I know that, it's why I am limited to one a day. Sometimes fewer, it depends on the nature of second breakfast. And it's not too much of a problem as long as I keep moving." she said childishly. If there was one thing she wasn't giving up it was pudding of the lemon variety.

"Second breakfast? That sounds delightful," the man commented nonchalantly. He'd never heard of this second breakfast, but he was quite a fan of breakfast in general. Having it twice seemed like a good day, in his opinion. "Don't get me wrong; I don't mean to say you should limit or avoid having it, if it's what you like. If you're worried about figure, the easy way around it is to just get more exercise, and people like us are bound to do that enough to balance out junk food intake."

Chiyo looked at this man as he spoke on the delights of second breakfast. "You would like that." she said rolling her eyes. "Though it's worth liking, nothing like coming from morning rounds at the school and finding a giant ornately decorated bowl of dessert pudding waiting for me. Or pancakes with all the fixings afternoon in the Clock Tower." she spoke of a couple of such meals in case the man wanted to know and have a couple of extra meals himself one day. To be honest the Ice Queen also quite enjoyed the secondary meal which included but wasn't limited to snacks and delights which she personally wouldn't buy for herself. To go beyond this the Flame King seemed to agree that she could have what she liked as long as she was willing to exercise. "I'll get more than normal, even after this. I don't think Pretty Boy is going to let me quit Kendo." she said not that she actually wanted to do that in the first place. After finishing up her pudding cup, Chiyo went looking around for a trash receptacle which she found in the form of a small incinerator by the sink. This was used and she seemed satisfied by it. But also a bit confused, because at the moment she was talking to this man like it was normal, and it seriously wasn't at all. The confusion of this spread across her face as she looked at Kurama as if he'd grown another head. To confirm that she hadn't met him before her birthday she reached into her pocket and pulled out the stack of flash cards which had information written about people and shuffled through them, there were none for this man and what was more she didn't even think to make him one when she made one for Kabuto earlier. This was strange...

Kurama continued eating pudding from his cup while Chiyo continued speaking about the joys of second breakfast, and the amount of exercise she was sure to get on a regular basis. He played the role of a listener throughout all of this, but then, Chiyo fell silent. After discarding her empty cup, she gave him some crazy look, and started shifting through index cards for reasons unknown to the blonde man. With a spoon hanging from his mouth, he raised his question regarding these oddities. "Is something the matter? You look like you've missed something important."

Chiyo realized she probably looked at him strangely and oddly enough began talking again, She triple checked the cards in her hand and moved through them three times each while she did this, mostly out of habit, some desire she had to make sure this was done for her own sanity. "I just realized I am talking to you, and that is strange." The Ice Queen had become less cold and distant over time, but that was simply with people she considered her friends, people who worked for a very long time and who suffered her silence for ages before she realized she was cutting them out. But something about this man made her want to speak to him, made her feel at home, and that was beyond strange. "At first I thought it might have been because I met you before. Like Haku-nii, I forget people a lot... so I make flashcards to help fill in the gaps. They list my thoughts and first impressions of people I am just meeting or am meeting after forgetting, but..." she looked at him again and began pacing in a circle as she did again an unconscious effort on her part and likely something done while she was thinking. "I didn't make one for you, I didn't even think of doing it. I talk to you like you're an old friend and I don't know you, and that's freaky." which was true, she didn't go on to state that the only other person who didn't have a flash card was Shoichi, because she couldn't forget him, that would have been making that likeness a bit to real for her tastes.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast