Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Scrapyard

The idea alone that Chiyo found speaking with him strange, was something Kurama found strange. He'd never heard such a thing in his life until now. By the end of the girl's explanation, though, he understood fully what she was getting at. He also gathered that Chiyo had yet to realize a key fact about her own existence. In the same respect, obviously no one knew the full details about the Sky King, Shoichi, either. Kurama would share the most crucial bit of information for the time being, though he figured it was not the exact reason she found it so easy to be familiar with him. "You've noticed an occasional change in your own brain functions by now, haven't you? You're the Brain Charger of our Water Queen; an attempt to advance the Lather Road to create something much greater using the same core."

Chiyo looked at the man, she was quite used to being considered strange, so she didn't feel odd about saying what she had. But this man's response to her confusion about her obvious level of comfort with him made the girl take pause. She had just slipped the flashcards back into her pocket when he mentioned that she should have noticed the occasional fluctuations in her brain functions which would lead to the clause that she was in fact the Brain Charger of the Water Queen Jinx. "The fuck?" was the initial reaction of the girl who began pacing again trying to make headway of this information one way or the other. She was willing to grant some stark similiarities between herself and the Water Queen obviously they shared several personality traits but that wasn't much more than normal for two like minded individuals. As for any changes in her brain function she only had this to say. "My brain functions don't really change, I occasionally just get really annoyed by... like everything and everyone. But that isn't really that different. It was much more frequent when I was smaller. Less frequent now... happened earlier today actually when I had the match against the Dick-nosed fuck I lost against." she was speaking but when she thought about it. "Eh, wouldn't someone else have noticed that shit before now, if it was the case?" she asked seemingly confused as to how something so massive could have been missed by both herself and all her friends.

"Annoyed by everyone and everything. Sounds like Jinx to me. Trust me; I would know." As he continued hearing that which Chiyo had to say, Kurama worked on completing his pudding cup. Once it was done, he discarded the container, and casually strolled around the kitchenette. Chiyo didn't seem to understand why others wouldn't have noticed her being an active Brain Charger, but Kurama had a decent theory. "Shoichi is your run partner, right? Well, being a Brain Charger is like being a person with amnesia. The personality is more likely to awaken accidentally when exposed to things that would trigger strong memories related to that personality. So, if Shoichi happened to activate..." The Flame King let his sentence trail off there, thinking Chiyo was more than capable of coming to the proper conclusion with what she'd been told already.

Chiyo was quiet for several moments because she was busy processing information she didn't have. Though the answer given would make a reasonable bit of sense as to why she got along with various people in the First Generation, and why all of them occasionally looked at her strangely, they were probably subject to nostalgic thoughts concerning their Water Queen. Beyond this it was noted that Shoichi was her run partner which was true, and beyond that that people who were Brain Chargers seemed to experience it like amnesia, with that in mind... Kurama's sentence trailed off and Chiyo filled in. "You're implying that if he was actively using his, he wouldn't really notice or remember mine. That's amusing." she looked at him and narrowed her eyes. "That, makes sense... but it still strange." she shrugged it off. If she continued to think about it, it would only make her angry. The evidence pointed towards the correctness of this man's statements and even if she had no evidence of her own she'd take his word. And the more she thought about the early modifications to her ATs and her brother's meddling the more it made sense that he'd done such things, mostly because she didn't imagine that her brother and the Water Queen got along. Beyond this point, if she really needed to gain confirmation she could always just ask Mukuro, as their observant Tar King would probably be able to confirm or deny this information, likely while being snarky about it.

"From what I understand, Shoichi isn't fully developed as a Brain Charger, either. So, there's no reason he would be in the state of mind to remember you activating." This was all Kurama had to say on the matter, and with that, he let it go. Moving along through a couple of open spaces considered 'rooms,' he began retrieving oils and the like for the leg massage the Ice Queen mentioned wanting. "Oh, and don't worry. You're still different enough after all these years to remain your own person as you wish. That's why the full activation is still a triggered thing, instead of a permanent shift in your personality."

"I could see that too..." she said of Shoichi's apparent lack of full development as a Brain Charger. It was an odd thing for the two of them to have in common. She'd relaxed into this idea without too much fuss, she didn't really care, and her eyes were still active so she was taking to watching this man move about the open spaces collecting materials for the massage she'd asked for. "A triggered thing makes sense, especially considering the circumstances under which I've felt that way the last few times. Whatever the case, I am not too worried about it in the first place. If I was really pressed I'd just ask Muu-nii he'd know." she said, thinking of the instance of slamming Akimo the Beast's head into a table, or. Only to follow up with a bit of clarification. "Though I am more than a little annoyed by the idea that someone thought it pertinent to mess with my brain, perhaps that's the reason seeing Hashirama-ojii makes me feel violent." she concluded remembering the last time she'd seen the man, that she'd had a deep desire to smack him, and had even mentioned she wanted to do so to her friend Jun'ichi. It was rather odd of her to think her personality was not always her own, but she felt that most if not all of her friends would be used to it by now, so it wasn't anything to fret about.

"Suppressed memories do exist, so there's no surprise you're not exactly friends with Hashirama," Kurama commented while collecting materials and setting up a nearby cart for use in this massage. "It's also no surprise you've suppressed the memory. The Brain Charger experiment may be a more economical alternative to creating new Gravity Children, but... it's a horrible process that I wouldn't wish on anyone."

"You're right." she said with a swift nod. She was quite certain that she'd pushed those memories aside or let them fade for the obvious reason of them being traumatizing. Shoichi had mentioned the process was horrible so she didn't want to experience it and it was all the more reason not to bother with it. Beyond that the way this man spoke about it, made it seem like he was more familiar with it than simply theory would suggest. She took a moment to look at him trying to decide something. 'To poke or not to poke...' she thought prodding this man about why he was aware of this in such a detailed way seemed like a good idea, but she'd likely save that for a while later. She smiled then feeling rather proud of herself for making such a reasonable decision. And thinking about it from an odd perspective, if being partially like someone else, gave her another friend she liked talking to, there wasn't any reason to be upset about it. She then laughed because she realized she somehow always ended up having really deep conversations with this man that were about subjects she didn't know how to talk her way out of. "We gotta find some different conversation topics, I just realized we also had a weird and slightly deep conversation when I first met you, too."

Once his cart was properly set up, Kurama rolled it toward the massage table, which he felt he needed to question the existence of after leaving this facility. Instead of gesturing toward the table, he took a seat atop it. "There's nothing wrong with a deep conversation every now and then. Besides, if we avoid them, we'll eventually run out of things to talk about. Also, I'd like to assume you want to have a gander at the shower. It's right over there."

"Hai hai." as the man finished up what he was doing and posted up the shower, she realized she was staring at a massage table and the like. She then thought about who his friends were and decided this was likely an executive decision between the women, but most likely Roze. Who seemed to think most highly of the man's abilities with his actual job. As she did this she was content to have a shower, especially given that she was quite scheduled in the extra part of her life and right about now would be the time she normally had one. With that in mind she stepped over to her bag and grabbed what she wanted out of it, which included one set of shrink wrapped clothes which were short shorts and a tank top and a small bottle of body wash. Upon finding these items she held them in one hand while using the other to wrap her pig tails up one at time into buns on the top of her head. "Shower time." the girl spoke mostly to herself, for some reason, she was fine with all of this and soon would enter a rather large shower with multiple heads and that made her brow raise but who was she to argue. In a corner she'd abandon her clothes and ATs while turning the hot water on all the way up and only hot. When she was satisfied with the temperature she stepped in and began her bath, finding towels and the like against the far wall as well. The girl then made her way into the water seeming to enjoy the hot water and beginning her bathing process without a care in the world.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast