Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Parthevia Empire

Nasira had no intentions of becoming one of the slaves here. That was fine. No one ever wanted to be enslaved for the remainder of their days, after all. But, Shaka was confident in his idea that it would not matter whether she protested this enslavement or not, as she would be unable to stop him. When Nasira's hand reached his head and began pulling it toward her rising knee, something strange happened. Over the course of the single second it would have taken for this to happen from start to finish, Shaka disappeared and reappeared behind the girl. While her upward momentum continued, he aimed a kick backed by the forward momentum of a meter's dash toward the girl's rear end.

Nasira was all but perfectly capable of ending the average person's rampage in the matter of a couple of seconds, but it seemed she wouldn't be allowed this normal dignity. Instead, she soon found her target was not at all where he had been in the previous moment. Now, Nasira didn't consider herself to be the greatest physical fighter in the world, she was however quite sure of her abilities to handle herself, as such, when she found herself being kicked in her rear, she went with the motion going further up and taking the time to rearrange her body before making her descent her eyes narrowing quite a bit. 'There's no way he's faster than me... ' she thought as began her descent. Soon enough her feet were touching the ground again one slightly raised up to the ball of her foot, the other dangling over that. 'If he's a household member... then I have to assume he's using the Djinn's ability... but I have only a couple of choices in how to handle it.' she mused thinking over the options she'd smirk and go on to do another attack. This time moving forward swiftly to aim a kick at the man's center while spinning the rest of her weight into it. Her aim apparently simply to make contact and double the man over in this singular instance, but even while confronted by something she didn't seem to understand, she was very calm and apparently singularly minded while she attacked.

Indeed, it did not seem like this man boasted the same level of speed as Nasira, judging by his body language alone. Even Fudo from afar found something strange about the fact that there was no build-up to his sudden movement, no matter how quickly it seemed to happen. 'Could he be vanishing?' the man wondered as he continued observing. During Nasira's second attempt at an attack, Shaka refrained from moving entirely. That is, until the moment before her kick was intended to make contact with his torso. In that second, he vanished and reappeared again, this time with his whip returned to his hand and already being cracked at Nasira's backside to begin what would be a barrage of lashes aimed at the lass.

As this apparent fight carried on Yasmin was left to be a bit confused as well. 'This isn't good.' she thought. She'd never seen this individual before, but she was quite used to the way slave masters in general dealt with individuals. And with one apparently being able to vanish and reappear in an incomprehensibly short amount of time, this would not end well regardless of the physical condition of Nasira herself. The pink haired woman frowned as this occurance happened again, this time while Nasira was aiming to kick this man, he disappeared and reappeared with his whip and lashed out at the girl repeatedly.

Nasira to her credit didn't cry out, she simply managed to look very confused as the first few hits met her rear while her kick met nothing but air. It was a confusing moment for her. 'Alright he was there, and then he was gone, and now he's somewhere else entirely and with the time to pick up speed.' she thought about this for a second. As she did she was brought to a moment of clarifying thought. When discussing the potential dungeons and Djinn up for capture, it had been stated that one of the types of magic affected space-time. With this in mind the girl realized she wasn't simply out of her element in this fight. Even so, she twisted after a few hits to her rear seemingly unimpressed by the power of this apparent whipping. After moving out of range she took an odd stance, with one fist extended and the other close to her body. Her feet were aligned with one flat against the ground and the other raised to mid-calf level. Her only desire in this moment, to hit this young man with her next attack. This girl began manipulating her magoi and when she did, the golden cuff on her arm began to glow. "I can't believe you actually beat people into submission when you hit like that..." she said her tone mocking. It was a simple tactic but she'd been trusted by her friend and she didn't intend to let him down. "Next time I strike... I hit you." she said her posture changing as she rushed forward this time instead of the kick she aimed a strike at this man's fore like she was going to punch him in the stomach but with it, would come a burst of flames caused by her manipulated magoi and the Djinn vessel she was using. As such the flames would be instantaneous and lasting in the singular direction before the girl and for a wide arc following the path of the intended strike.

'Oh... That's not teleportation,' Fudo thought after witnessing Shaka's second use of this mysterious ability. Though Yasmin was content to be wary of the man, Fudo found himself relaxing once he'd figured out what this man could do. "Actually, this is perfect. I don't know if she realizes it yet, but Nasira's natural ability can overcome what that man is doing."

Meanwhile, Shaka snickered at Nasira's reaction to his whipping. "Ooohhh, somebody taught you how to take a beating? Now you're just getting me riled up. C'mon then. Hit me." This time, when Nasira charged him, he raised both arms in cross formation, showcasing the 8-pointed star glowing on his left wrist guard. As the fire began to emerge from Nasira's leg, Shaka's eyes widened, but that was the moment he would vanish from sight. In actuality, he had paused time with his Household Vessel. Once he had done so, he stepped away from the black-haired girl and the fire that her leg had spawned. He could feel the heat on his abdomen even now, but he was safe. In this one second of frozen time, he stepped to Nasira's left and wrapped his whip around her neck. Continuing to move around to her rear, he returned time to its normal progressive state, intending to begin strangling Nasira to hold her in place until she submitted.

Fudo seemed to have figured something out about the way this man worked and more so, his faith in Nasira seemed to be renewed. This much was obvious to Yasmin as the man relaxed in spite of what was unfolding before them with his household member. As it was specified by Fudo that some natural ability of Nasira's would allow her to overcome the powers this man was using, the pink haired woman seemed more intent to watch and see if she could figure out what he was getting at instead of asking.

Nasira got at last final confirmation of what was occurring here. When she moved to hit him again he seemed to disappear once more and in a second of time she soon had his whip settling in around her neck and he had of course moved once more. But this time instead of it being the first of the hits she'd intended for this man to take, her body continued after the motion, spinning in a full circle and the flames of her household vessel taking over in this moment and following the path of her motion burning him and allowing her the freedom to get away from his supposed strangling without a mark. If this action went according to plan, he'd be burned and kicked in his new position across the center of his body. Following the kick she'd previously appeared to miss. If this happened, Nasira would be standing in her form once more... one foot flat the other raised her body relaxed and ready for more continuous circular motion. "I know you're stopping time for a second to get around the fact that I am faster than you. But... it won't work on me. You should surrender before your defeat becomes too much for you." the girl commented. It happened that Nasira was quite used to being a target, with this in mind, she was much faster and her reflexes much more keen than others. In addition, she seemed to have the unique ability of being able to time her attacks to overcome the delay in time.

Yasmin seemed to be playing catch up for a few seconds after witnessing this moment. But after a few seconds she also relaxed having faith in Nasira's ability after her moment. "Oh, I get it now."

One thing Shaka did not expect was for Nasira's attack to continue in such a way that it would strike him after he had returned time to the area. The flames of this kick spread across his torso, causing him to release his hold on the whip to quickly discard what little he wore on his chest. "Got me figured out, huh? It doesn't matter," he said while rubbing the front of his torso, which would surely be blistering soon due to the burn he'd received. "Knowing what I can do won't let you beat me. You think you can predict where I'm going to be after a second, don't you? Well it won't work!" With that said, he began charging forward.

During this time, it appeared Yasmin had come to realize what transpired before them, and why Nasira was so certain to win in the eyes of Fudo. "That's right. Nasira's adaptability was what I was trying to achieve when aiming to customize my Royal Swordplay. Her ability is unlike anything I've ever seen. Even if someone can stop time itself, Nasira can alter her movements in an instant."

In the midst of his forward movement, Shaka thought to up his own ability to its maximum potential. For two full seconds, he halted time again. This time, he hopped onto his enemy's shoulder to give himself an up in jumping above her. When time returned, he was descending with his left heel coming down strong overhead. His aim here was to deliver enough concussive force to incapacitate Nasira and bring an end to this fight.

Nasira was indeed successful in her endeavor. And now that she fully understood how this ability worked she feared less and relaxed more, making it that much more easy for her body to adapt to the ever changing situation. But this man before her seemed to have some sort of attitude about the whole thing, and thought that he'd be able to overcome this young woman by some other means she wasn't aware of. "At the end of this, remember that this was your choice." Nasira mentioned seeming to have nothing but faith in herself and this situation regardless of what this man claimed he would be able to do to her, and in that moment time stopped for the young woman again as this blonde man charged forward.

Meanwhile, Yasmin got the information of what she thought she understood she was observing from Fudo and it made her nod. "Yeah, it's like her body is ever shifting. It's amazing to watch." she mentioned as the fight continued and this man apparently continued his assault jumping over the girl and aiming to come down on top of her over the course of two seconds instead of one. In this situation one would think that Nasira couldn't possibly do anything a man descending from above shouldn't be expected, but at the return of time she was simply inhaling and turning her head upward, and this time instead of using her body to physically assault the man, as he came down, she'd exhale her power upward, spewing fire into a large ball above her head, with a use of her household vessel none could have rightly anticipated. If this worked, the man would be caught in the flames above giving her more than enough time to move as his soon to be charred self descended through flames.

"Mm. She's also gifted enough when it comes to Magoi manipulation to take Amon's flames and make them a product of her own body. I wondered how that Household Vessel would function. Even I'm surprised by..." Fudo's statement was paused with time as this battle entered its final few seconds. The return of time resulted in another surprise on Shaka's part, which was the burning of his entire being by the flames of Amon breathed directly from Nasira's mouth. He fell to the ground in a ball of fire, rolling around and screaming bloody murder. Never had he, a man entrusted with all the slaves in this region by his King Vessel, taken such damage. "Fucking commoner! Lady Shadiya will have the heads of you and your companions for this!"

"... what she has done with the item." Even after time returned to normal, Fudo held off the end of his statement. He was simply intrigued by how quickly Nasira had adjusted to her Household Vessel, even reaching the point of being able to breathe Amon's flames. "Well, that caused quite a lot of noise. I wonder where the Lord of this area is."

Yasmin nodded her agreement to Fudo's statement. She almost couldn't believe the mild mannered girl who had so recently befriended herself and Bakura had this sort of latent ability waiting to be unleashed. Beyond that she found the girl's tolerance of another individual and willingness to allow them to walk away before a situation escalated so far admirable. Even so, it seemed that this fight had come to its end and as the man known as Shaka fell to the ground a ball of fire and pain Nasira ran her thumb over the corner of her mouth apparently appraising a burn she'd managed to give herself by exhaling that much fire. "Quiet. All that griping isn't going to change what happened here. If you are so willing to met out punishments you should be just as capable of taking them." Nasira finished up turning back to the group and waving them over while bowing to the slaves present. "You are free to leave... this man won't be hurting you anymore." she said.

Meanwhile in the building there was a redhead woman sitting in a chair with it leaned back her head against the wall her eyes closed. She appeared to be sleeping but she'd heard the commotion from earlier and even the screams of the man Shaka. 'Ugh... I see he has gotten himself into a fit about something. I'm not going out to see what... if it's good... it will come here.' she thought as her choppy red hair fell around her face and a small smirk came over her lips.

Meanwhile Yasmin looked towards the building with a brow raised but left the cart intending to move forward. "Seems no one is coming outside immediately... we should go have a look around or perhaps see who else is around here. All that commotion surely someone should have emerged by now." Yasmin stated a bit confused by why there was no one here to address this particular problem of a downed and burning man.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast