Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Parthevia Empire

"You're right. It did," Bakura said in a snarky, somewhat arrogant tone as he watched the darts lodge themselves in the woman's flesh. When they were travelling, he realized something. These darts were even thinner than his knife, and would have no issue slipping through the chain links. In fact, as he found himself having to run and hop around the room to avoid the chain again, he used this knowledge to his advantage by shooting the remaining three darts through various links, aiming all three of them for his enemy's left thigh. It seemed he intended to incapacitate this woman, as he also forced the removal of the dart from her arm to send it toward her thigh as well.

"So, this friend of yours... Bakura," Fudo said from behind Yasmin. "Exactly how many hardships has he been through on the streets of Parthevia?"

As the fight between this redheaded woman and Bakura continued, she soon found herself confronted with the little blades which randomly converged upon her leg through the links of the chain she brought up to protect herself. She was stunned as several blades entered her leg and completely stopped her from moving as they went all the way through. This was a bit violent but Yasmin could respect why such a thing was necessary. After all, Bakura was her friend but his life had been very difficult for him and he wasn't a bad person. It seemed that Fudo was curious about Bakura and as such Yasmin explained why they were witnessing the things they were.

"Baki was abandoned here as a child and forced to look after himself. He was small and the slums here aren't very forgiving. The streets here are very dangerous and a starving stranger you choose to help could just as easily turn a knife to you as accept your help. And he experienced that first hand. So, he learned to read people... and learned to use his smaller size and his dismissive place in society to his advantage. " she explained of the street urchin's practical violence and kindly childishness which seemed to be directly contradictory to one another. Bakura was one of the most dangerous people Yasmin had ever set eyes on, but he was also the kindest, choosing to steal and feed her, choosing not to use violence unless he was forced and being in general balanced in his approach to life. He always tried to do the right thing which was something she appreciated, but he was also practical in how he decided to handle things. She also watched as this redhead woman collapsed to the floor apparently unable to retain consciousness after her loss of blood and magoi.

"You coulda beat me," Bakura said as he grabbed the ring on his necklace, allowing the darts previously used to return to their resting places upon it. As the darts dangled and clinked, Bakura's eyes fell upon the woman in the process of losing consciousness. "Until that leg heals, you'll learn what it's like to be helpless. Maybe you'll turn into a better person from that."

Yasmin watched and heard what Bakura had to say to the young woman who was now unconscious. She didn't know quite what she expected from this young man in the situation where he was using his vessel for the first time, but he handled himself well and she was quite proud of him. "Nice job, Baki." she said approaching the young man only after his ring had replaced all its small pieces. Nasira also appreciated this young man's moxie and his apparent ability to handle himself in spite of his lack of formal training. After moment a bit of curiosity overcame her and she asked a question which had popped into her head.

"How did you know your vessel worked like that?" she was curious because she wasn't sure how she knew her own worked she'd simply assumed it would because she knew how to manipulate her magoi. But this young man had no practice at all, and only became recently familiar with any of this. It was a very clutch win and she wondered how he'd pulled it from such a moment.

"Thanks," the boy said when he was approached by Yasmin. He, too, was quite satisfied with what he'd been able to accomplish here, but it seemed Nasira wondered how he knew what his Household Vessel was capable of. "Well... I didn't. There was this... bird thing. She said she was part of Paimon, and that I could use her power. So, I thought back to when Yas was fighting both times, and I just kinda made it work. Did I mess up or somethin'?"

Yasmin had to admit after the question was asked she'd also been a bit curious about the workings of Bakura's Household Vessel. When he went on to explain how he knew what to do Yasmin and Nasira both simply looked stunned. It was more than a bit of a surprise to both of those young ladies that the Rukh would communicate directly if they were asked. But they supposed they'd never tried it before so it would make sense that they didn't know that information. Samiya managed to look pleased though the mention of the 'bird thing' had initially made her want to clap her hand over her face. But given this boy's upbringing she supposed the terms weren't really needed so long as they go the results necessary. This was quite an interesting group of people when she thought about it and it would be Nasira who was the first to speak up given the other boy's question at the end of his explanation, she often wondered if she did the same thing, and thus felt the need to reassure him. "You didn't mess up anything. I was just curious... I am just amazed that asking it worked. I never thought to do that myself." she said with a nod.

Yasmin backed her up as well. "Me either... so then Baki, find out anything interesting while you were snooping around in here?" she asked. Wondering if the boy had actually simply walked in to take the next challenge or if he'd been doing his normal sort of investigation before stumbling upon the young woman here.

"You didn't have to, though. Yours worked right away!" Bakura replied in a brief moment of appraisal for the other Household Member's talent. As for Yasmin's query, the boy scratched his head and recollected the information he'd gathered on his journey through the building. "Nobody that looks like Shaqeeq is here. Nothin' but slaves and that lady. She said she was only here 'cause Kaarim wanted to talk to Shadiya, so they're both probably in the same spot by now."

"As I thought," Fudo said, stepping forward. "They must have merged their territory into two halves. One, this Kaarim, must have taken the north, while this Shadiya woman must be holding the south."

Yasmin received the information she'd wanted and nodded. It was a bit disappointing not to find some leader here, but she supposed this was for the best. At least this end could be properly liberated before they made their way to the northern end where the other two would likely be. Or if they chose then they could wait here for one of them to come as they were bound to at some point. Nasira only the other hand waved off the boy's statement as she explained what had actually taken place during her own encounter. "To be honest... I didn't really know mine would work at all... I was only really planning to manipulate my Magoi... the rest was a bit accidental." she whispered this statement just for Bakura. But she supposed there was nothing wrong with this.

After a few seconds, Yasmin turned to Fudo who seemed to have surmised how this situation would work out based on what they'd found here. Yasmin would take this opportunity to try and help figure out the next part of the plan. "Eh, so most likely they are at the Northern spot together if they both left their Household Members here. It's a bit strange though... it seems paranoid to leave two people here just to have at chat with a family member." she thought aloud considering that this may have been in reaction to someone else, or a thought that she might return herself. But she wasn't sure how much credit to give another individual.

"Really? Good thing we're both lucky then, huh?" was Bakura's reply to Nasira, whom he thought to be in full control of what she was doing during her fight.

Knowing that the members of the Harron family were not here, and having the assumption that they were both in the northern quadrant of the country, Fudo was content to leave this place. And so, he made movements to do exactly that. "It is a bit strange. But, I suppose we'll be finding out what their reason is, won't we?"

Nasira smiled. When she considered Bakura's statements she couldn't disagree with him, they were both very lucky indeed... which was more than obvious by their current situation. "So it seems." she said with a smirk. She felt quite proud of the pair of them given they were essentially brand new to this entire endeavor and both had managed to defeat obviously more veteran opponents for various reasons.

Yasmin on the other hand heard what Fudo had so say and simply nodded. She too wanted to go on to the next place if only to make clear her stance on the slavery of this area. Still a smile broke across the girl's face as she moved along to join Fudo. "Indeed we shall~" she said also taking her leave of this place. Upon seeing the agreement reached by the two Dungeon Capturers, Nasira leaned her head in the direction of the leaving pair. "Seems like we're heading to the next spot." she said turning on her feet to follow. When they reached the caravan they would find the Magi seated atop the first cart again waiting for the pair of them apparently still staring off into space at the Rukh around this group of people. 'Hm... I might stay with them a while... and see what comes of them.' she thought absently.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast