Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Parthevia Empire

"You're still around here? How is it that you haven't been thrown back into slavery yet?" he asked, though he cared not for an answer. Kaarim's eye fell upon Fudo, who still seemed quite relaxed in the midst of all this potential chaos. "So, you're the one breaking Metal Vessels. Sorry, Yasmin. I thought I could talk us out of this, but I can already tell this one isn't the cooperating type. It'd be a waste of time to even try."

Meanwhile, Bakura backed away from the man he'd bumped into. The raven-haired male didn't seem to be too bothered by this encounter. In fact, he appeared entirely apathetic until he caught sight of Nasira. When he did, his eyes widened ever so slightly. "And who... are you...?"

At this point Shadiya began piecing things together, based on her brother's attitude and the young woman standing before them she gave the girl a quick look over and noticed that underneath the random assortment of gold jewelry worn about her wrists and ankles there were bruises... no that was the wrong word. There were scars, the kind slaves had if they ever managed to remove their shackles, ones that came from years of wearing a tight fitted metal item around a limb. "Oh, she's the one who captured the dungeon that Shaqeeq died in." she stated now fully understanding all of the tension in this room. In answer to this Yasmin simply nodded. "Yes, I am that person, your brother here also broke my metal vessel as soon as I emerged from said dungeon." she said only to hear what Fudo had to say to go along with the questions asked by Kaarim and she also seemed to understand what he was getting at. "Hmm, it's fine. I expected this wouldn't go well. I didn't expect her to be as nice as she is." she said referencing Shadiya. Still her blue eyes were rather concentrated upon the purple haired man in this group she was waiting to see what he would do. "I am not a slave and no one else should be, it's why I am still here."

Meanwhile, Nasira was waiting for something to start and as such she began bouncing on her left foot. Concentration on what was being said waiting on the trigger so she could be at the side of whichever of her comrades would have the most use of her at a moment's notice. But as she got comfortable in this, her concentration was altered by the black haired man that Bakura had previously bumped into asking who she was. She glanced in this man's direction and gave an answer, partly because as she was a basically raised with Fudo she had no desire to be rude if it wasn't necessary and partly because up to this point he'd done nothing to deserve her abject disregard. "My name is Nasira." she mentioned as the rhythm of her hopping returned.

"You heard the lady. We're here to abolish slavery by means of your family renouncing lordship in this country. We've already liberated the south during the absence of you two. Diplomacy remains an option, but we've come prepared to do the same thing here, if necessary." When Fudo made his point known, Kaarim stood motionless for a few moments, staring the man down. "You're all idiots if you think I'm going to get rid of one of my tickets to the top. These slaves will save me labor and valuable time as I take my Metal Vessel on to become king. If you want me to get rid of them, try and kill me."

In the meantime, the chat between the girl named Nasira and this representative from the Kou Empire continued with an expression of confusion spreading across the latter's face. "Nasira...? What house are you from?"

Fudo and Kaarim were staring each other down and the words uttered by both men seemed to take their places within the mind of the young woman. She sighed then because she already knew that this was a moment of decision making. It would seem that Kaarim didn't really get the point of this whole thing, and he didn't understand that he was already on top and that the people beneath him would be his downfall if they weren't released. "You've got it wrong, you're already on top and those people would be your downfall. Freeing them would bring more good than harm and ultimately save you from building a nation atop bloodshed and angst. Or haven't you realized yet, that if you justified your continued oppression of these people, they would justify doing worse to you to gain just their physical freedom. This doesn't even begin to cover the horrible things they'd had to experience just for your sake or the sake of your family. You're already rich you could let them all go and it would do you no great disservice." this was all Yasmin had to say, but she'd already resigned herself to fighting if she needed to.

The conversation between Nasira and the Ko Empire representative continued and as it did her eyes narrowed and she looked at him. It would seem that he thought her to belong to some group she didn't know of, and she was unsure of how to properly answer this question. "Sorry, but I don't understand the question." she mentioned.

"Be silent, girl. Do you think I would be satisfied with this little system of hierarchy? No," Kaarim stated, grabbing his poleaxe and raising it above his head. "This thing? This means I'm going to be king of everything! And when I am, I'm going to make sure you and everyone like you is enslaved for the rest of your days, like the maggots you are."

"You don't?" asked the black-haired male. He couldn't fathom why this girl would not understand his question, but at the same time, her name alone was confusing to him. There was only one thing that came to mind as a rational explanation for these qualms, but he could not be too sure. "You're a Genshi Ryu, aren't you?"

Yasmin looked at this man and she could see the delusions playing out across his face as he grabbed his weapon and proclaimed that he intended to make slaves of her and everyone like her during his plan to overtake the world. The pink haired young woman's eyes narrowed slightly as she heard his words because she knew by the statement that she had no choice left to her but violence at this point. "You won't be king, you're ill suited. I'll show you why." and with the statement she removed from her side the flabellum which had become a normal part of her attire. Just white feathers and a gold handle which had become a staple to her daily life since starting her adventure. With this in hand her magoi was channelled down through her arm in a swirling burst of wind, which extended the short handled fan into a golden polearm with the flabellum attached to the end. Her posture relaxed and her legs spread apart as she placed her hands along the shaft at two strategic points and readied herself for what she assumed to be the coming attack. "Come on then."

Nasira had still been hopping and waiting for the fight to begin but when she saw Yasmin's posture and the stance she'd taken she stopped completely a small smile coming to her face. 'I had forgotten she is much better with that weapon that one would assume. Her skill means there is nothing to fear from this man...' she thought only to have such a thought interrupted by the black haired man at her side. She turned dark eyes up at him and frowned slightly, there was still nothing but confusion in the young black haired lass' face. "I don't know what that is either. Sorry."

"Fool! You dare challenge me again without your..." Whatever Kaarim intended to say was cut short by the sight of the Metal Vessel in use by the pink-haired woman. He was absolutely astounded by this feat. Apparently, Kaarim knew nothing of replacing such items. "How? How have you gotten another one!?" he asked in a voice full of rage. In the next moment, he channeled the power of his own Djinn toward what would ultimately be a half-Djinn Equip. He developed wings and five eyes on his torso and either side of his head, as well as flame-like designs all over his body. His poleaxe turned into a large spear with the eight-pointer star in the middle. He also gained a mandala behind his head and another on his weapon.

The Kou Empire's representative femained dumbfounded. He was without a doubt that this girl was one of these 'Genshi Ryu' he had so recently mentioned, but she didn't have a clue. An excited utterance from the man followed. "Wait! How old are you? Where are you from originally!?"

Yasmin watched as Kaarim went straight to his Djinn Equip which she acknowledged as being about half of what the supposed full equip would be. She'd learned this from the Magi and Fudo since she was unaware of this information before seeing it be performed by this man before the first time. As she watched him though she knew she likely wouldn't need more than just the weapon and that in her calm state she was more than able to do what she needed to do. "You really don't know do you?" she asked as she stepped forward twirling the golden staff around in her right hand and then retaking the position she'd had previously. Still she wouldn't be forthcoming with the information. Given this man's attitude she couldn't be sure she'd only been spared in the first place because he didn't consider her a threat any more. She couldn't properly figure out what he would do if he ever figured out that the vessels themselves could be repaired or replaced. "I'll tell you, if you back down now." she said again. This was bound to do one of two things by Yasmin's approximation, either he'd calm down, or he'd attack her and she was almost certain it'd be the latter.

Meanwhile the excited utterance from the man speaking to Nasira, along with his rather personal questions made the girl feel uneasy. She didn't want to move her eyes from the fight but she had to spare him another glance and took a small step to the side. "Those questions are a bit invasive." she stated, but she figured no harm would come from answering them so she did, Nasira was nothing if not brutally honest. "I am 20 and I grew up in Sindria. You are an odd man, are you always so curious about strangers?"

"Heh! Don't be ridiculous," was Kaarim's retort. With a single, sweeping motion of his weapon through the air, he once again created steel bullets whose purposd was to fire in Yasmin's direction and riddle her. "Why back down to get information from you? I could just ask that white-haired Magi."

"I don't mean to pry. By all means, don't answer if you don't want to. I just..." For whatever reason, the man could not finish his sentence. Luckily, Nasira went on to answer his questions, and her answers seemed to surprise him. "Sindria..." he said, his eyes growing wide.

Yasmin was apparently right in her assumption that this man would attack her long before her backed down from her. Of course because she expected this she wasn't terribly distraught about it. Instead, she moved her own staff, creating a wind which stopped the forward movement of the bullets meant to riddle her person, causing them to fall to the ground where they'd stopped. This motion was followed through with an extension of her arms sending the staff she wielded into a downward strike seeming to go along with the motion of this man's spear. This was to aid in its downward momentum making it a larger weapon harder to pick back up and would be followed by the switch of her own weapon to its blunt end in a jabbing motion towards this man aimed for the center of his chest. This movement would aim a pressure filled wind towards the center of this man's body and blow him backward. All while she maintained that odd posture and a unique control of her weapon. "You're really going to keep this up?" She mentioned thinking only that she'd need to relay this information to the pair outside as they would likely know the other he spoke of.

Nasira watched this fight and the man currently speaking with her on and off. She didn't fear for Yasmin but this man seemed to acknowledge that his own behavior and curiosities were a bit weird and as such she didn't see any ill in continuing to converse with him. And he seemed most surprised by the fact that she'd grown up in Sindria. "Yes... Sindria." she said still watching the fight between Kaarim and Yasmin and wondered why, if this man was his ally that he had nothing to say about the fight taking place in front of him.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast