Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Parthevia Empire

"I was going to ask you the same," Kaarim replied. Though Yasmin's efforts to force his weapon down were successful, he didn't seem worried at all. However, the last thing Kaarim expected was this girl's ability with a weapon such as this, which left him wide-eyed and appalled as he was launched away from her by a jab of wind. He managed to keep a hold on his khakkhara as he slammed into a wall, breaking through it and falling into the next room thereafter. "Fucking slave whore," he muttered as he pulled himself off the floor.

"... I see," said the black-haired man. Though he didn't appear to have any reason for it, the slightest hint of a smile appeared on his face for just a moment before he finally looked away from Nasira. This was, of course, interrupted by Kaarim crashing into the room. "And what exactly is going on here?"

Yasmin was oddly prepared for what would happen as a result of this man flying backwards. She was also rather used to the kinds of insults males like this one often spit in the face of people like herself showing any kind of skill in anything, which was the main thing he was missing in his understanding people. Still she seemed right at home with this weapon in hand. 'Hmm, that was a bit more forceful than I intended.' she thought after the man went flying through a wall. "Are you finished now? Surely you realize how this will turn out if you continue." Yasmin said, still right on the verge of being peaceful still, she stood at the ready for this man to attack again, because she figured it would be contradictory to his pride that a girl whom he saw as nothing more than property could beat him at anything.

Meanwhile, the black haired man who was chatting with Nasira seemed to be happy about something but was apparently shocked by the goings on in front of him. As such he expressed an apparent need for information and since Nasira had been speaking the entire time, she had no problem summarizing the situation for him. "They are fighting, because that pink haired girl used to be a slave to that purple haired man's brother. But she captured a dungeon that said man took her into, and decided she wanted all people to be free and thus came here to try and convince the people in charge to free the people in their holding. This man is surprised by the fact that she even has a metal vessel, since he apparently broke her first vessel right after she got it. But he won't listen to reason about freeing the slaves in this country even though he has a shining example of the kinds of things free people are capable of when left to their own devices. He is presently being outmatched in spearmanship by a former slave girl, it's probably a bit world shattering for him." she summarized. "I think that about covers this situation."

"You... You really think you can beat me, don't you? I'll show you how wrong you are." When Kaarim finally rose, he supported himself on his khakkhara for a few moments while accessing the depths of his Magoi. 'How? How could a common slave bitch who can only equip a weapon get one over on me? How does she even deserve a Metal Vessel!? I'm the best! I'm the one who will become king!' The steel Kaarim's Metal Vessel was capable of producing began spewing from his khakkhara in excessive amounts. There was also a large magic rune beginning to appear on the floor of this building, signifying the makings of a very powerful attack. "I'll show you the despair Shaqeeq should have exposed you to years ago. You and all your little friends here are going on a one-way trip straight to the afterlife."

Bakura had been quite confident that he would not be needing to bother with this battle thus far, but the ominous aura Kaarim emitted at present was something he could not simply ignore. Whatever this magic circle was, it looked like a massive version of the Metal Vessels' mark, which did not bode well in the young male's mind. Previously, Bakura had thought to interrupt that which threatened his long-time friend's life, but he had been stopped by the Magi. This time, however, there was no one close enough to stop him from doing anything, so he lunged forward as Kaarim whipped his khakkhara about. Seeing the boy approach so haphazardly prompted Fudo to jump forward as well, drawing his sword to try and prevent the younger male's sacrifice. Kaarim, however, had prepared for the approach of each companion Yasmin had nearby. "I got a one-way trip for ya' right he-" Bakura said, only to suffer the after-effect of Fudo having a slower approach and being out of reach at the time. Kaarim swung his khakkhara at the white-haired lad's torso, impaling him thrice with the trio of spikes protruding from the side of the Metal Vessel. From there, he spun around and slammed the boy's body into Fudo. This caused the man with a drawn short sword to stab himself in the abdomen as well, if simply to avoid doing so to Bakura when this contact was made. "Ngh!" Fudo grunted as he was launched into a wall along with Bakura, who had been ejected from the khakkhara's spikes.

Meanwhile, the black-haired male was hearing out the explanation of Nasira, and managed to learn quite a bit about the situation. What disturbed him most, though, was learning that this Yasmin girl was a former slave. The more he looked at her, the more he believed this to be a strange case. 'Slave? But she's... She has to be...' he thought. Worse yet, though, there were a few choice words spoken by Kaarim during this time; words which he was finally listening to.

"Here's something you'd never be able to fathom! My Extreme Magic! Ext-" Kaarim's outcry ended there due to the protrusion of an unfamiliar blade through his torso. "Ugh! Which one of you..." When he looked over his shoulder, Kaarim was surprised to see that the culprit was none other than the very same man he'd so recently pledged his allegiance to: Ren Tao of the Kou Empire. The raven-haired man had, in the blink of an eye, darted toward Kaarim from the rear while drawing his sword, and drove said sword into his back and through his chest. "But... why?" His eyes darted around the place as he struggled to last and receive an answer for this question. In a few moments, his eye fell upon Nasira. "Oh... So she's the one, huh? I guess... my life wouldn't be as valuable to you as your-" In that moment, the man's sword was jerked from Kaarim's body, only to be immediately used for several more thrusts through his torso at such a speed that most individuals would have barely completed a single jab. This reduced the end of Kaarim's statement to an array of gurgles before he ultimately fell to the ground with his Djinn Equip and Extreme Magic both fading away.

Yasmin wasn't sure how to answer his question. She was very certain she could beat this man if she needed to, though she wasn't sure if she could do so without killing him, or harming the structure they were all standing within. That being said, it seemed this man she was fighting against had no problem putting every single person in this room in danger to make his point. Much like before, Bakura found a moment to launch himself at this man as Yasmin seemed utterly shocked by the apparent magic beginning in front of her. While she was busy being stunned and fearful of what was about to happen she watched as Bakura got stabbed and subsequently Fudo was stabbed as well (if only by his own weapon). A single blood curdling scream would escape this young woman as Fudo and Bakura went flying from this space and this man continued to charge this overly destructive magic he had going.

Meanwhile Nasira had seen this moment coming and she couldn't well let it. Though she wasn't able to reach both of the males in time to stop them from doing the apparently very stupid things they were doing. She did make it to them in time to catch and cushion their falls and separate them to begin looking over their wounds. She was more than prepared to move them once more and looked to the purple haired girl who was this man's sister. "You should also leave..." she started only to hear the blood curdling shriek from the girl as she watched her brother be run through several times by the Ko Empire representative. Tears streamed down the girl's face as she watched her brother apparently die, though she knew full well she had been mere seconds from death herself given she couldn't have done anything useful against him. Nasira's eyes widened as she turned and saw the man known as Kaarim meet his end in a way she hadn't at all expected. Her brows drew together as she peered at both men's wounds and began to speak to them instead. "Both of you need to stay awake and try and concentrate on something else." she said trying to talk them through what she figured was extreme pain for them as she examined the depth of each of their wounds.

Meanwhile Yasmin was watching her eyes wide. She'd crumbled to her knees no longer acknowledging any threat in particular but she hadn't moved from the spot. SHe seemed to be in a trance of some sort and she was whispering over and over to herself as if she was seeing something completely different. "No... no... he can't die. Not for me... not again." she was repeating to herself over and over as if the sight of this entire situation had caused some sort of traumatic break in her mind.

When the two males were caught and separated, Fudo immediately pulled the blade from his stomach with his right hand, following this up by pressing his left hand against the wound. Bakura, on the other hand, was bleeding profusely and in immeasurable pain. He couldn't fathom the level of agony these three blades had placed him in, but he still felt as if he'd accomplished something. This was the single thought that kept him going, but also relaxed him a bit...

Ren sheathed his sword after tossing the blood from its blade. He seemed slightly annoyed by the screaming taking place in this room, but he could also see the reason behind it. On Yasmin's part, there was nothing he could do, but to Shadiya, he spoke. "Forgive me. He left me no choice. I will return to the Emperor with word that no deal was able to be made between us today. I'll leave you all to your mourning now."

Yasmin was beyond distraught and had slipped into some sort of trance her eyes were blank and she was simply watching everything unfold before her stunned and mumbling to herself about things long past.

Nasira was trying to hold herself together and was presently applying pressure to two of three of the wounds present and bleeding on Bakura's body. Though this boy was only a recent friend to her, she could tell that his death would have an extremely negative effect on the psyche of the young woman. And much like she'd spare Fudo any unnecessary trauma she also didn't wish to see this woman despair and as such she did her best to help out in this situation and keep Bakura alive. And while she was pleased that he was apparently still conscious the sudden relaxation of his body wasn't something she was prepared to deal with. "I could use a hand. Literally like one more to apply some pressure to his other wound." she mentioned but oddly enough no hand came, instead water seemed to wrap around the white haired boy's body in a use of magic not before seen by anyone else. "It's fine, I have him..." mentioned the red haired Magi from the other room. She'd walked directly past the Ko Empire representative though she recognized what he was she didn't have time to fully question this, with a boy bleeding to death. She also looked to Fudo and smiled. "I would have done you first, but this is a bit more pressing... just keep applying pressure and it should be fine until I get to it." Samiya mentioned her eye travelling to the still stunned Yasmin and she tsked.

Shadiya watched all of this in horror, but as the Ko empire man spoke to her she was crying. She wiped a falling tear away from her eye and simply shook her head back and forth from left to right. "My brothers weren't good people, they were bound to meet such fates eventually. You saved the rest of us, and for that you have my thanks... I just... didn't expect this day to turn out this way." she looked around the room and she saw the redheaded woman apparently looking after the fallen boy and she wondered what she could do to help in this situation.

Bakura continued to writhe in pain, assuming this to be the end of his days. However, the pain abruptly began to subside when a strange fluid encased him. This sudden amount of relief, no matter how great or how minuscule it may have been, relaxed the white-haired lad enough that he lost consciousness shortly after it was applied.

Meanwhile, Fudo looked in the direction of Samiya, whom he had not expected to see until the group's exit of the facility. When she gave her reasons for approaching Bakura first, he chuckled and shook his head. "You don't have to explain yourself to me. I trust you'll be able to keep him with us." With that said, Fudo walked toward Yasmin, dropping his Metal Vessel on the floor as he lowered himself onto his right knee. She appeared to be in quite the shoddy state of being, prompting Fudo to reach out with his right hand and place it upon her left shoulder. "Hey. Everything's going to be alright. Come back to us."

"Your brother didn't die today because he was a bad person," said Ren to the purple-haired girl. Whatever he meant by this, and whatever true reason he had for killing the man known as Kaarim, he refrained from disclosing. Instead, he turned away from the group, providing only one additional thought to the others present for the boy he assumed to be dying. "The boy's efforts were not in vain. Kaarim's Extreme Magic was delayed long enough for you all to survive in the end. Be thankful for that." And with that, the Kou Empire representative walked away.

Bakura seemed to lose consciousness and this was enough for Nasira to relax a bit as it seemed that Samiya had a great bit of control over this situation. She had no worries that the Magi would do everything possible, and since Fudo had gone to comfort Yasmin she'd remain where she was and comfort the boy until they were sure of his survival. Samiya also simply nodded to his words, trusting that Fudo would bring Yasmin back somewhat to herself as she seemed to be very far flung from her usual self. So much so that the Rukh around her were behaving even more strangely than normal.

Yasmin was still utterly spaced out not a word spoken seemed to reach her until Fudo kneeled before her and placed his hand on her shoulder. Such an action made her see him as he was right now, and not whatever horrific scene had played out in her mind countless times since Bakura had jumped into the fray with them. She looked into this young man's eyes and seemed to calm down a bit finally hearing his words and coming back to this moment when she paused her face was covered in tears and she spoke quietly. "I'm sorry. I... get really useless at times like this." she mentioned as she sat on the floor appearing to be a bit less stunned before. At the very least she was now back in the present time, aware that Bakura was trying to be saved and that Nasira was at his side and that Fudo even injured was concerned about her mental state instead of his own physical well being.

Shadiya simply nodded at this man as he gave his final words and shook her head. "Say what you like, but I don't think he's properly sacrificed anything. He seems to be a rather lucky kid." she finished watching the Magi work on the boy who seemed to be the first to jump into the line of danger. Of course, After she said this she realized that she didn't really feel too terribly about the death of her brother, given the kind of person he was and their large age difference.

"No one blames you. I can't say I wouldn't be just as bad off if it were Nasira in that predicament instead," Fudo said simply to offer a few words of potential comfort. He then decided to stand, making sure he picked up his Metal Vessel in the process. Once he had secured it in its resting place, Fudo extended his hand to Yasmin. "So... what do we do now?"

Yasmin found comfort in his words and nodded. She supposed she wasn't the only person who would feel deeply at the loss of a comrade, though admittedly she felt this way simply because it had happened before and it had been her fault. Even so, a bit of solace was taken as she watched this man get to his feet and secure his metal vessel. She grabbed her own as well then took his extended hand to help pull herself up. To his question the girl simply shrugged finally making it to her feet she was able to see that Bakura was no longer being worked on and his bleeding at the very least had stopped and Samiya was now standing her brow a great deal less furrowed than it had been. "I don't know... I mean my only goal in this place was ridding this country of slavery and it seems that we've done that." she said calmly. After a few seconds the purple haired girl looked to this young pink haired woman and then at the group and managed to speak again.

"Um... I am not sure what all of you had for plans... but you might consider visiting the Reim Empire. They have a group there that teaches magoi manipulation beyond what is known or just picked up by people like us. So... it could be a good way to spend your time until you figure out what else you want to do." Shadiya finished speaking but she felt really out of place in this moment because she had no idea if she should intrude on such a conversation. And upon thinking about it she immediately apologized. "Sorry, didn't mean to intrude." she said a blush covering her face as Nasira, Yasmin and Samiya looked at her. Samiya didn't think anything of this and simply went on creating a water globe purple in color and aiming to press it into the injury belonging to Fudo this would alleviate his pain and begin the process of closing his wound. While she did this she spoke calmly about the status of Bakura who was still being looked over by Nasira. "Bakura will be fine, though I can't say how long it will take him to wake up from all that." she finished having a look around at the Rukh possessed by everyone in the room she was pleased that all the erratic behavior had stopped, aside from the mixing of Fudo and Yasmin's Rukh.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast