Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Parthevia Empire

At the head of the caravan, there was a tall male with purple hair and amber eyes. He sat in the back of a carriage alone, bar the driver, and when Yasmin returned, he glanced over the girl briefly before fixing his gaze upon the basket she brought. "An excellent retrieval as usual, my Yasmin. You sit in here for the rest of our trip," the man said as he fiddled with a strange object shaped like an inverted pyramid made of gold, which hung from a necklace. "But first... bring me the boy. He's in the first cage. I'll be taking both of you with me on a little adventure."

Yasmin kept her eyes low, but even as she did so, she managed to catch a glimpse of a strange artifact in the man's possession. She wouldn't draw attention to this she would simply nod her head and continue on doing as her master wanted of her. As this man complimented her apparent retrival of goods and even commented that she would be allowed to sit in the carriage the girl was quite confused. After all, she'd done nothing out of the norm and as such shouldn't be at all entitled to any kind of special treatment. Such things made the girl slightly uneasy as he went on to demand that she retrieve 'the boy' from the back. Which she could only assume was a reference to the newest capture of their party. "As you wish." these were all the words spoken by the girl she never had much to say to her master, and they were partnered with a bow which left her head even lower. In fact she'd learned it was better simply to acknowledge that he'd made a request of her and complete it as soon as she was able. With that in mind she walked back to the first cage and stood in front of it, pausing for it to be opened by one of the mercenaries accompanying the party. Once it was, she pointed to the young man with his spiky hair and his still clean clothes.

"The Master wishes that you ride in front with him." she said calmly hoping this wouldn't turn into any sort of ordeal as she offered this young man alone the ability to walk out of the cage she usually inhabited with the rest of the slaves. Most of the others wouldn't stir, they all seemed a bit lethargic but that could only be expected given the recent heat they'd traveled through. She also couldn't really bring herself to admit that she was also part of this apparent riding in the front, but she'd learned long ago, that questioning her master's wishes only got other people hurt... with this in mind she'd simply do as she was told, until such a time as she didn't have to anymore.

Shortly after Yasmin left the master's carriage, she had the eye of another individual from within the first cage. He seemed quite spaced out as it were, but after being called on by the pink-haired lass, his attention was grabbed. Without much hesitation, he walked toward the cage door and hopped outside, pausing thereafter to speak with Yasmin directly. "A new sun is rising soon. I hope you're ready," he said. With that, he continued on his way toward the master's carriage.

"No idea what you mean. Are you alright? Did you eat enough?" she asked only about this young man's well-being. But whether or not she received an answer she would tilt her head downward as the young man moved past her and towards the front carriage. Given that this had transpired she also moved right along having the gate closed she also headed back to the front as she had been instructed to come back and sit in the front as well. She paused in the front of her Master's carriage ever respectful of his boundaries, and waited for permission to join him, as he could have well changed his mind about her being seated in the front since she went to the back and retrieved the young man he'd asked for.

"Be ready," was the cryptic male's only response as he approached the carriage to enter without so much as a word to this Shaqeeq individual. "Welcome aboard... my Magi," Shaqeeq said just before turning his head toward Yasmin with an expression resembling disgust. "You. I said get in the fucking carriage! Do I need to tell you twice!?" Shaqeeq's attitude toward his slaves, particularly this lass, prompted something of a stale expression from the man he had so recently called "Magi." However, the man still had nothing to say, it seemed.

'Magi?' the girl mentally questioned. The male before her was rather odd, but for her master to have captured a Magi when those were said to be magical beings was completely contradictory to everything the young girl had ever heard about them. Before through stories and lessons given by her private tutors and after in stories given by slaves to keep their spirits up. Regardless this man's attitude towards this young girl was something she was beyond used to, she simply bowed apologetically and joined the pair of men in the front carriage. Her posture while sitting was surprisingly lady-like despite her dress and general dirty appearance. And though she kept her head down she stole glances at this young man while they moved forward. 'I wonder what it is I need to be ready for?' she thought as their adventure unfolded before them.

At the snap of the slave owner's fingers, the entire caravan began to move toward a previously arranged destination. They were en route to the edge of the city, toward a massive pillar that seemed to stand out from the architecture of the surrounding area. This pillar was a dungeon that had taken the lives of many prior to this day. "Magi. You are going to help me capture the dungeon. With that treasure, I will own much more than these measly slaves; I will be on a path to own everything! Yasmin... you will be my shield. With the speed of your errands, I expect you to be quick about getting between me and any danger inside the dungeon. Hell... If you succeed and manage to live, I might even allow you to become my personal toy when I rule a country. Doesn't that sound like a wonderful promotion?"

Yasmin had gotten very good at pretending to be on board with this man's desires. Mostly because it had been the saving grace for the rest of the slaves in the caravan. Even so, she was rather surprised by the idea that the young man with them was going to lead her master into a dungeon and help him capture it. Her eyes widened at the news and she didn't much like the idea of being a human shield to the dangers of a dungeon nor was she really interested in the idea of being this man's 'toy' as he put it. But to the man all the changes in the young girl's face would seem like the excitement of a upwardly mobile slave, not a girl disgusted by the ambitions of an evil man. "As you wish." was all this young girl had to say. In most conversations it was all she had to say. Hidden behind these words though in the calmness of her blue eyes was something very different. She could only imagine what a man like this would be like ruling a country, given how he treated the people who were his property. And she was almost silently pleading with the young man across from her not to do as this man asked, not for her own sake, but for the sake of everyone else.

"There's a good girl." Soon enough, the caravan stopped just outside the dungeon. Shaqeeq removed himself from the carriage, making his way down by stepping on the backs of two servants. "You two will come as well. You will carry the food," he said. Expecting his chosen crew to follow suit, Shaqeeq made his way toward the semi-circular gateway radiating a bright, golden light, which would allow entry to the dungeon. With the assumption that Yasmin would be present when he stopped outside, he began speaking. "Well, meat shield... you'll be going in first. Any traps in the entrance are your problem. Magi, you'll enter when I do."

Yasmine kept a calm face, even so, she didn't like watching this man step on two people to get out of his carriage. She personally hopped over the two with her movements seeming completely incidental to her movements. She was rather light-footed in the first place, but she wouldn't want to harm another as they were all in the same boat. Outside of the dungeon it was determined by her master that she would enter first, and so she did without hesitation. "As you wish." Disgusted by the fact that this man had her go and get so much food, just to stuff his own face while he completed his apparent task, with no thought at all for the starving caravan in his possession. 'Selfish.' she thought as she walked into what was a long empty hall with huge drafts coming up from below.

On the far wall was a very complicated looking language with pictures aligned to the tiles on the floor. This girl could read this writing despite her slave status and moved forward her chained ankles making contact with only feathered or tornado'd tiles. All others would break apart beneath the person walking making them fall into a large spike pit. As she continued to step forward she'd look back speaking more than three words to her master for the first time in ages. "If the master doesn't wish to fall, he should follow in my steps precisely... the tiles marked earth, fire, and metal will cause the floor to fall in those areas, killing the person who lands there." she mentioned most respectfully only to wonder how many bodies were beneath the floor of this area alone. As she got to the middle the placement of safe tiles became a tiny bit more precarious and required her to keep a large amount of tension on the chains which bound her ankles lest the weight of them cause a shift in her balance and thus cause her to step where she needn't.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast