Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Parthevia Empire

Bakura was more than ready to hop onto Ali's magic carpet immediately, but he took pause when a strange butterfly found its home in his new object. As it glowed, he stared at it, wondering exactly what had occurred. He thought to ask Yasmin, but she had already expressed an equal amount of confusion, so he continued toward Ali and the carpet. Of course, the knowledgeable Magi would go on to explain what happened. "Paimon has joined your shackles to create a Metal Vessel, the tool of a King Candidate. As a King Candidate, you can have a Household... and, though it's a bit strange to happen so soon, it looks like you already have your first Household Member." With that said, the Magi looked at Bakura as the carpet began to rise out of the dungeon. "That necklace is now a Household Vessel. As long as you have your Metal Vessel, Yasmin, Bakura here can also access some of Paimon's power."

Yasmin heard out what was said by Ali and she was quite thankful to have him around. When she was younger she was made familiar with Kings and Magi but she thought them to be fairy tales and fantasy not something she should have been seriously considering as part of her life. "Wow, you're a fountain of useful information. Thank you again~" she chimed seeming happy only to look over at her friend and ponder the explanation so recently given. A bit of a sigh escaped her she looked to her friend and she felt a bit odd, roping him into something she'd not meant to get herself into. "Are you okay with that Baki? I mean... I didn't really know what I was getting myself into... I didn't intend to rope you into being my companion." she mentioned as they rose out of the dungeon and up into the open air. For some reason the girl was truly apologetic because she didn't really like the idea of keeping someone from going off to find something else, simply by virtue of tying them to her. This different form of kindness probably stemmed from the psychological aspects of her imprisonment and being forced to commit to someone else's will which was something she'd never force from herself to anyone else.

"I'm here to tell you whatever you need to know. After all... a future king should be well-informed, right?" Ali asked rhetorically with a grin upon his face. Once the carpet was high above the dungeon, a wave of his staff caused the massive structure to begin descending into the ground. As this occurred, Bakura laughed off Yasmin's concern about his take on becoming a member of her Household this way. "Are you kidding? I'd be disappointed if I couldn't come along! Let's make you a king already!"

"... King of what?"

Yasmin couldn't help but laugh. Her apparent guide to Kinglyness was going to be this spiky haired lad with his magical items and his vast knowledge of things she'd previously thought to just be fairy tales. "I suppose being well-informed would make for being a good King." she mentioned as her eyes shifted about and shined with new light. Her friend apparently thought nothing at all and preferred to be brought along on her journey to become King but he much like she herself had no apparent idea of what she'd become king of. Still nothing but a laugh would escape the girl as she shrugged. "I assume of the world, if the tales hold true. But... I don't know if I can handle that much responsibility." the girl said looking to the Magi as the dungeon she'd captured sank into the ground. "I think I'll set my goals a bit lower to start with... Ali... are you planning on staying with us for a while? There are some things I want to do here." mentioned the girl. This place wasn't her homeland but she'd lived here more than half her life, and before she left it... she intended to free the other people who were bound in servitude with her.

"Haha! Yas running the world? That sounds like a pretty fun place to be," Bakura said as he sat upon the carpet, allowing himself a moment of rest during the descent of the dungeon. The collapse in the end was sudden, as if the dungeon simply vanished in thin air. Many bystanders had been brought by from the earlier commotion, and their eyes wandered up to the now descending magic carpet, merely to see who the new Dungeon Capturer was. "My job here is done," Ali replied to the inquiry of whether he'd be sticking around or not. "But... that means I have nothing else to do at the moment. I'll accompany you."

A grin crossed Yasmin's face as Bakura commented on the idea of her running the world. "You're so agreeable Baki, I don't actually think I'd be that good at it." she said. To her the idea of running the world was completely and utterly far-fetched. She didn't want to rule anything there was only one thing she wanted. And after the Dungeon disappeared and all the people gathered around to see who had become the next Dungeon Capturer. Now on the ground Yasmin found herself surrounded by people of varying classes and the last of all the downward cast eyes of several slaves like herself. Ones whose eyes glimmered with hope as they saw the former slave girl with her one gold bangle around her ankle marked with a special crest.

"I'm glad, I could use your help a bit you seem to know a lot. What do you think I'd have to do to abolish slavery in this country? Aside from taking down the Harron Clan's influence." Yasmin finished. She knew that this was a rather lofty thing to take on initially, but she couldn't rightly enjoy the newness of her own freedom while she knew people were still suffering that she suffered with. It was part of the main reason she'd never tried to escape before.

"You want to abolish slavery in the Parthevia Empire?" Ali asked rhetorically. When he thought about it, he was able to give a concise answer that harbored the idea of removing slavery entirely from the country. "As you are now... I don't think it's possible. You are a Dungeon Capturer now, but not the only one in this country. A couple of slave traders in the area are also Dungeon Capturers who have far more experience with Djinn Metal Vessels than you do. You would have to take them down to truly do away with slavery, even temporarily."

Yasmin heard out what the Magi with her had to say. And his words made a reasonable amount of sense. She didn't know that slavers in the area were Dungeon Capturers as well, but she supposed then it would be perfectly possible to simply fight them and drive them out of the country. After all, if they were half as rich as she was now, they'd have no problem moving on or even not using or purchasing slaves in the first place. She assumed that such things would require both an ideological change as well as the ability to fight against them if need be. "Well, that doesn't seem overly difficult, does it Baki?" she asked. "Now... I think I will need to know about Metal Vessels and what they're supposed to do. A bit of practice and then I'll be well on my way to doing the other things I want to do." said Yasmin. She didn't seem to have any problems, nor was she swayed away from her general desire to do something which would probably take more time than most felt necessary.

"Sounds easy to me. I've been trying to get good enough to steal people anyway," was Bakura's reply. Knowing nothing about these Djinn, or their Metal Vessels, he assumed they were simply ordinary magical items. He had slipped around such things before. "Don't underestimate the power of a Djinn. With just one Metal Vessel and one Household Member, it will be difficult to catch up to more skilled Dungeon Capturers. Even if you learn how to do a Djinn Equip, you may have a lot of difficulty."

It would seem to Yasmin at the very least her friend Bakura was on board. And with his skills as a street urchin she had no doubts that they could at least get into the place they needed to get to. The other part was seeming a bit more difficult, by the explanation given by Ali, but to his warning the girl could only smile in his direction. "Well, nothing worth doing is ever really easy. But... it isn't as if I have anything else to do. People aren't property... they shouldn't be treated as badly as they are... simply because someone else took from them the one thing they were born with." this is what Yasmin had to say about this matter. If only because she felt that people didn't deserve to be traded away, there was much wrong with a system which allowed people to be treated as merchandise and she couldn't rest until she'd done something about this for everyone else she'd encountered who'd been treated in such a way. "Djinn Equip? That is unfamiliar to me..." she stated knowing that her new Magi friend was a wealth of information which she may as well use while he was around. She didn't assume he would interfere directly in her plan to free the slaves of this country, but she knew at the very least he'd give her all the information she needed to become a better Dungeon Capturer.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast