Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Parthevia Empire

If there was one problem Fudo knew he would have in this spar, it was the amount of range Yasmin had against him. This was arguably the short sword's greatest weakness, and the wind augmentation only made matters worse. However, Fudo remained calm and collected while readying himself to move. The trio of stabbing movements forced him into much wider evasive maneuvers to both his left and right than the previous attack, and this made it more difficult for him to respond with an assault of his own. 'This form... It's so refined...' he thought. Furthermore, he considered how the remainder of this match would go if he began an assault as well. Keeping this in mind, he reverted his sword to its normal state, and backed away. "That'll do. We should avoid doing this with our Djinn Equips. I'm glad we did not meet as enemies. Things wouldn't end well for anyone in that case."

Yasmin was also busy taking in her opponents responses to her attacks. His responses were much faster than she expected. 'So fast.' she thought. In thinking about this from a fighting perspective she figured that if he dodged enough, she'd tire herself out long before she could take full advantage of the fact that her weapon had much greater reach than his. With this in mind an outcome in the fights between them seemed unfavorable. After a few seconds Fudo returned his sword to normal and in so doing stated the things she'd just been thinking herself. A smile crossed the pink haired girl's face as she relaxed her flabellum returning to it's normal length which she tucked back into the loose chain belt she had around her waist. "I was just thinking that as well... I'm glad we're friends." she said completely returning to her relaxed posture. "Hm, I should get a normal spear for practicing." she said aloud but to no one in particular.

Now that the spar had come to its official end, Fudo pulled out his cloth and wrapped his weapon to return it to its resting place. He wondered if all Dungeon Capturers would encounter such a problem as the one Yasmin and himself nearly did, or if some were more suited to friendly combat against one another. "We'll find a way to practice one day. Your Magoi Manipulation is quite good, by the way. Shall we give liberating the area a shot?"

Samiya the Magi had been watching the practice bout between the two Dungeon Capturers and was more than a bit amazed how they turned theory into practice with little to no effort. This of course, only made her more soundly aware that both herself and Ali were apparently able to pick Candidates who had similar qualities and would be able to defend themselves. Still, the problem of the two facing each other was rather easily rectified and she figured she may as well chime in on this, before Yasmin could reply to the young man's previous statement. "He's quite right, your Magoi Manipulation is quite good, and you have an above average amount of it, both of you. As for your practicing with each other, you will find it much easier to combine your attacks and fighting styles than you will find it to fend each other off. With normal weapons though, you'll both learn to overcome your shortcomings as fighters which is something I would advise of both of you..." she finished only to look off into the distance. Yasmin was about to reply and instead was stopped and after taking in all that Samiya had to say she bowed to the redheaded Magi and smiled. "Thanks for the advice." she chimed before turning to Fudo who had suggested the pair of them try liberating this area. Given what this young woman wanted to do, she thought about what that would entail and spoke on it as such. "The Harron Clan runs the slave trade in this country, and I am unsure if it will be possible to diplomatically convince them to abandon it. According to Ali and confirmed by the Elder Brother I faced before... they are potentially all dungeon capturers... so that is something to look out for. But I never met any of the other siblings during my time as Shaqeeq's slave. I only know what the Elder brother looks like because he came looking for me after my Dungeon was sunk." she said thinking it over before rushing any particular way.

"You're right," was his reply to Samiya. "If we manage to find a way to do this without maiming each other, we'll be able to counter our weaknesses: Mine against long range, and yours," he continued, shifting his attention back to Yasmin, "against short range. As for this Harron family, if we approach them carefully enough to not encounter multiple Dungeon Capturers and Household Members at once, we could free their holds one by one. If they won't free the slaves on our terms, then we'll free them."

Bakura had been observing the interaction between the others from the sidelines, and of all that was said, he had only one concern. Said concern was something said by Fudo, which made him lean toward Nasira and whisper a single word query. "Maiming?"

Samiya nodded to Fudo though added a little more for clarity. "That isn't all I mean. Style wise you two could help each other out, but should the need to conserve Magoi ever be present... elementally your Djinn are compatible as well. Though I am sure between the two of you, you'll figure that out all on your own." she mentioned in a haphazard sort of way. Yasmin heard these words and nodded to both Samiya as well as Fudo, who was quite right, if they managed to fight without causing each other serious injury, they'd eventually be able to overcome the problems presented them by their respective fighting styles. As for the liberation of this country, she supposed that was one way to go about it. "Hmm, I guess that would make a reasonable amount of sense, diplomacy first... fight if necessary. I am not sure how large each household would be only that there are only two other siblings of Shaqeeq so that narrows it down quite a bit. They live in different parts of town... one on the east and one on the west. Storage facilities were in the North and Shaqeeq's hold was in the South. No idea if that has changed in the last week or so." she mentioned so that everyone would have all necessary information.

Meanwhile, Nasira was asked a covert question by Bakura about the meaning of a word which was spoken by Fudo. She had no problem explaining these things, as the boy was educating her in the nature of street things. She had no problem giving him information on words as such she leaned in and whispered the explanation. "It means to injure in a way that leaves a lasting impression. Like losing an arm, or getting a horrific scar something like that."

"Ah... I see." Moving along from the matter of training, Fudo considered the most tactical way of going about this freedom movement. Now that he knew where the outposts were, and that Shaqeeq had himself set up to the south, he figured out the best thing he could suggest. "It may be wise to go south first. If we free the remaining slaves of Shaqeeq, we could use it as leverage against the other two. Either they meet our terms and free their slaves, or we'll do what we did in the south."

Meanwhile, Bakura received the definition he sought of the word maim. But, when getting it, he was once again confused by something else. Rather, there were now two words his vocabulary seemed to be lacking. "Ohh. Impression? Horrific?"

Yasmin could at least see the logic behind the plan of attack Fudo was suggesting. It also involved the least amount of fighting which she was also okay with considering she didn't really like the idea of hurting anyone unnecessarily. "Hmm, seems reasonable enough. Let's do it." she said affirming her own beliefs in this cause to free people from the oppression that was slavery in this country.

Meanwhile it seemed that in her explanation Nasira had presented two more words this lad didn't know. With this in mind she paused before explaining. "An impression is an feeling or idea about someone or something. And horrific is a word to describe something which causes you to feel extremely shocked, fearful or disgusted." she went on to explain. wondering if the word disgust would have to be explained as well as it was the most complex of all the words she'd used in her explanation. But she was not without knowing that plans were being hatched by the two dungeon Capturers about their plans to apparently liberate this country.

"Alright." And so, they had come to another agreement. Fudo would once again take to driving the cart to their destination, with plans of relying on Yasmin's direction in this area. Upon noticing the goings-on betwixt these two, Bakura also began to move toward the cart. Nasira had proven very helpful in clearing up the words he had failed to comprehend up to this point, and for this, he was grateful. "Oh, cool. Thanks for that. And... sorry if I'm getting on your nerves, being stupid and all."

Since Fudo was headed back towards the cart, Yasmin followed as well. They'd already come to an agreement about what to do with the Harron Clan. With this in mind she had no problem just hopping in to give directions should he need them. "Basically the town is divided into quarters from the center of town. The southern part is to the left... north to the right... east is this road we are on... and west is going straight from this direction." she said with an amazing memory for the way this part of the country worked. Of course, she'd walked it more than a thousand times in her life. "If you want a faster or more covert route though, Baki is the one to ask... he's used to moving around without being seen." Meanwhile noticing the stirring in the two King Candidates Nasira also headed for and hopped into the back of the cart waving off Bakura's commentary. "No need for all that. I am more than happy to help. To be honest..." she lowered her voice just a tad. "Normally, I am completely lost, and Fudo is constantly explaining things to me. This is a refreshing change of pace." With that they were more than clear to be be off.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast