Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Qishan

"I knew you'd agree," Fudo said as he dashed into the fray. Each time Nasira hopped over one of the Slimes, Fudo followed suit from the ground, cutting through the creatures with his sword. Though this didn't seem to be accomplishing anything against the Slimes, but it allowed him to progress without taking any unnecessary damage to his person. Eventually, he was at the end of the cave with Nasira, choosing one of many corridors to traverse next. All seemed to converge on one location; a room with a dragon motif and several flaming tornadoes between the travelers and the end of this route. "It's flashy; I'll give it that."

A smirk crossed Nasira's face as she continued on her journey across this room. While she moved she knew that Fudo would be with her without having to look and check his progress. Soon enough she was all the way on the other side of this room pausing when they finished as Fudo would be the one to choose the path they took after. She had no issue following along but the redhead with them seemed content to take another path. And though she hadn't been seen fighting she'd made it through the fray without so much as a smudge on her attire. After a while, she'd find herself aligned with Fudo and Nasira and smile to the pair of them as she emerged from a different path. "Oh, fancy meeting you two here." she mentioned amused beyond all reason. Even so, it seemed they were at a new place and as such this woman would offer her help if it was needed. But it would be Nasira who spoke first about the first thing this young man had said.

"Flashy indeed. Any idea how to get to the other side without being roasted alive?"
    she questioned of the man. The redhead would chime in after this to ask a question as well. "Well, the answer to that is all around you... I know you can't read it little one, but I wonder if he can." she said referencing the puzzle which this room seemed to be focused upon, while apparently fearing nothing from the fires here.

Fudo took a moment to wrap his sword again while listening to the words of the two women in his presence. The next challenge was an interesting one, as it involved a strange written language with clues to the challenge. "It's written in Torran. It says: 'Dance with the tornado... The truth lies inside the jaw of the dragon... You will find everything before you reach the dragon's tail.' I learned to read Torran language years ago, but I never thought it would be useful for anything. How wrong was I?" Without further ado, Fudo walked toward the path of flaming tornadoes, taking a deep breath while mentally preparing himself for what was to come. "So... May I have this dance?" he asked rhetorically of Nasira. With only the smallest amount of hesitation, he ran forward, weaving around the moving flames at high speeds while making his way toward the end of the chamber. En route, he called out to Nasira. "Full disclosure... this is pretty fun."

A smile which hid a lot of pride covered the face of the redheaded woman, as it became obvious that Fudo could indeed read what was written here. It was kind of good, he puzzles like this one which required some knowledge beyond what was normal were the sorts which usually ended the lives of potential Dungeon Capturers. As it stood, this one and his friend likely could have completed this task even without the sprightly redhead tagging along. As it stood though the little black haired girl only found it in herself to chuckle. "Yes, well there are lots of lessons taken for granted... I believe those lessons were before we were friends at least." she commented as she stood and as he asked for the dance she took off after him, while cheekily replying. "Sure, why not..." she mentioned following along after her friend and taking a different set of graceful motions which would also lead her to the other end in his foot-steps. As he mentioned that he was rightly enjoying his adventure though this dungeon she couldn't help but agree.

"I'd argue but I have to agree~" Nasira chimed happily.

"Alright... here we are." Upon reaching the end of the trail, Fudo slipped his right hand into the mouth of the dragon statue sat there. Inside, he found a lever of sorts, which he used without so much as a second thought. This caused the flames behind them to subside, though the follow-up to this was a single pillar of flames which would surround all in the vicinity immediately surrounding the statue. As this happened, the wall around the statue opened, essentially allowing a passage through what would be the body of the dragon. Continuing down this path resulted in an arrival at what was known as he Door of Truth. It was marked with the eight-pointed star, and without a handle. Instead, there was an indentation on each side of the door, each carved out into the likeness of a right hand. "This is what she meant," Fudo said upon finding the door and seeing its locking mechanism. "Two right hands. I think I'm short one."

Nasira was left to look a little astounded as her friend of many years disabled the trap which lead to the trio of them being engulfed by flames which would lead straight through to the end of their rather long journey. Upon reaching the end a large ornate door with two right hands carved into it was present and as such Nasira listened to what Fudo said and smiled offering up her right hand without the slightest bit of hesitation."No, you aren't." after Nasira spoke these simple words, the redhead woman with them also smiled.

"Yes, this was exactly what I was referring to. A lot of the Dungeons have built in extras like this, to weed out the selfish and those who are mentally unworthy. Like the sort of person who'd leave a friend behind to make it up here. A couple of others also have different ones, which require one such as myself to allow entrance. I didn't know what sort this would be so I came along as well~" she finished up. Watching as the small black haired girl stood with her hand hovering over the the print on the right assuming of course, that Fudo would take the one on the left for whatever reason. And she waited knowing that whether or not they entered would be completely up to the young man with them, no more and no less.

With full understanding of the door's rules, Fudo nodded to Nasira before taking the side opposite to hers on the door. He reached out with his right hand as well, and once both of their hands were upon the door, Fudo spoke. "Open sesame!" Moments later, the door was opening, but the other side did not contain a room. Instead, there was an entire city within the dungeon's confines, with one particular building boasting a pillar of fire at its center. "I expected a lot of things from this place... but not another world. Samiya, what is this?"

The redhead woman got to watch as Fudo and his companion Nasira opened the door with relative ease. And once it opened she got to see what the Djinn known as Amon had made of the inside of his Dungeon. She wasn't at all surprised by what she found here, but she supposed to someone new to this sort of thing it could be pretty overwhelming. Curiosity seemed to jump from the young man she'd led here and with that in mind she turned to him. Samiya as she was apparently called would answer his question simply. "It's a Necropolis. He probably just uses it to store his treasure. Among other things, places like this are usually littered with traps meant to show people the kind of person they are. If they happen to have made it past the previous endeavor while still being less than apt. I assume because it's empty we are free to pass." she said removing from her body a wrap which transformed itself into a magic carpet which she'd stand upon. "This place is kind of vast... if you have a direction in mind, I wouldn't mind offering you two a lift." mentioned Samiya. As this conversation took place Nasira looked around completely astounded. She'd expected not to have any real perception inside a Dungeon but this was a bit more than she had mentally prepared for. And as such she was completely astounded by what she saw and without words, even going so far as to not hear the woman's offer of a ride.

"A Necropolis, huh..." Fudo replied, trailing off his words a bit. The explanation of this place gave him a bit more of an idea as to what kind of individual this Amon Djinn was. With that in mind, he somewhat knew which direction he wanted to take in this alleged Necropolis. And, since the apparent emptiness of this place could be linked to the group's worth as potential Dungeon Capturers, Fudo hopped onto Samiya's carpet and held out an arm for Nasira to take. "If this is all storage, I don't care about the extra buildings. I'd like to go to the building in the center there."

Nasira was still standing dumbfounded as Fudo boarded this carpet apparently already having in mind the place he wished to go. After a few seconds she noticed his outstretched hand and had the grace to look a bit embarrassed. "Sorry, I... uh... well this is kind of a lot to take in." she explained as she also climbed aboard. Once all passengers were in place, Samiya willed the vehicle into motion, and the trio would be off until of course they reached their destination. The building in the center of this place with a pillar of fire as part of its decorum.

All the while, Samiya watched the interaction between this young man and his follower and everything she saw about the pair of them she liked. From their interactions to their ability to have fun. This woman knew she'd chosen very well in this moment and had no qualms about taking this man to meet the Djinn known as Amon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast