Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Reim Empire

"Of course I do!" the boy replied. "It's always fun breaking into a palace. I used to hop into the king's place in Parthevia all the time. It's always so nice in places like that." This was truly the epitome of simplistic desires for the street urchin Bakura. Indeed, he found great pleasure in being inside palaces, as they were always appealing to the eye. Even more, being able to do so gave him an amount of pride he could not compare to anything else in his life. "We can find out some stuff for the others while we're there. Y'know, help out a bit. I feel kinda weird, though... Like I should keep an extra sharp eye out for things..."

Nasira had never considered what palaces and the like must be like for someone who hadn't been raised in one. She found them to be physically appealing as much as any person could, but she also had exceedingly high standards for such things. "I see. Well, I won't argue with this, and I feel obligated to come along simply to see what you get up to when doing such things." she said. When it was commented upon that he did this probably to help out, she remembered that he'd mentioned before that he used to steal to eat and feed Yasmin whenever he could. It came to her then how he was likely coming by that food, and it made her chuckle. Even so, there was the matter of him feeling that he needed to keep a better eye on things. "Well, I tend to trust my gut instincts. If you feel uneasy, trust that and be careful." said Nasira who though she'd never participated in this particular activity spoke like she'd done things that required gut reactions at one point or another.

But at the boy stated this, the red haired young man who was following behind them scoffed. He knew he was unseen this was always the case, but... something about this ashen haired lad made the red haired boy equally uneasy. 'Does he... know I'm here?' he mentally questioned while continuing to follow. Of course, this made the young man withdraw he was ever cautious and this was the best tactical move he could make. Though his face afforded no emotion, if he was capable of such a thing he might have been pleased. Still, he was keeping this pairing of young people within his eyesight, lest he lose track of his target.

"I wouldn't say uneasy. I mean... it's not a bad feeling or nothin' like that. I just feel like I'm missing somethin', y'know?" Bakura asked of Nasira as they continued moving forward. Bakura had a habit of knowing when danger was upon him; a habit that had saved his hide time and time again over the years. And, though this was a very similar sensation, it felt just off enough that his mind did not register it as danger. One could say he simply felt more like something of importance was happening, but he couldn't quite grasp it. Soon enough, Bakura suddenly looked over his shoulder to view the area behind himself and Nasira, feeling as if something may have been there. However, he saw nothing out of the ordinary. "Whatever it is, I've been getting the feeling since I woke up. Only around you, though..."

Nasira tried to think of something similar to the missing feeling that was being described by Bakura. She felt that she was always missing something. In fact, before they met Bakura, she was the one constantly asking questions, though hers were a bit different from his, she could at least related to knowing or feeling something and having it not be quite what she thought it would be. "Yes, I understand that feeling." she said and when Bakura looked behind them she also had a quick glance to the back but she saw nothing behind her that should have made her worry about anything. But what the white haired lad said did make her feel weird. "Only around me, huh?" this question was mostly rhetorical, she couldn't think of anything she could of done, nor anything connected to her, which should be giving the boy such a feeling. It was slightly perplexing.

Meanwhile the red haired boy slipped back into the crowd behind the pair of moving youngsters. As he did this, he heard the suspicions of the ashen haired boy, and it was quite obvious that he had at least a decent amount of instinct when it came to the kind of person that this young man was. 'If he'd been awake this entire trip... I probably would have been found before they left Parthevia.' thought the young man, but he still seemed unconcerned and unassuming. He was simply what he was, moving along beside this pairing of youngsters as they made their way to the palace in Reim.

In due time, Bakura and Nasira would arrive to the eastern wall of the palace, which Bakura quickly drew as close as possible to. "Perfect! Right about sunset, this is the place to be. Their sight ain't so good on this side anymore. All we gotta do is find a way in." With that said, and making sure he kept as close to the wall as possible to avoid potential guard detection from above, Bakura began to wander the length of the palace in search of potential weak points in the wall, or even the ground nearby; anything to gain potential entry through unconventional means.

Nasira nodded her head swiftly, taking to the eastern wall of this palace in a manner which mimicked what she just saw Bakura doing. She wasn't really very sneaky herself, but the ease with which she could move her body, made her a fair bit better at transitioning into such positions than most people would be. Still as she watched him move along the wall apparently looking for a weak point, so that they could enter, she soon enough found herself tripping over a hidden string and almost bumping into the young lad before her. As she caught herself though she did a flip which brought her to the other side of the object and pointed down to it while remaining as close to the wall as possible. This would cause a large stone at the bottom of the wall to shift into an opening just big enough for a couple of small people to fit through and seemed to lead within the outer wall of the palace itself. She looked to Bakura and whispered. "You mean like this?"

While this happened their silent follower seemed to be walking in the crowd along the main street watching all. Soon enough though the lad jumped landing silently on top of a covered roof a ways out of sight of everyone. His unassuming nature and face drawing no attention with the action he saw the potential entry method and sighed. this was becoming a rather tedious job after all.

Bakura's search yielded no results. He nearly resigned to suggesting a search for entry at one of the riskier walls, but before he could speak on the matter, Nasira pointed out an opening in the wall behind them. When he looked at said opening, Bakura thought that it had the appearance of a path made on purpose, but it was far too small for any proper adult. As long as this was the case, it was safe to enter. Bakura chose to lead the way, looking back as he crawled inside. "Shut it behind us. Don't want anybody thinkin' something's up. We gotta move fast."

Nasira was quite proud of herself in this moment, having stumbled upon an entry that would make sense for the pair of them to use. Since Bakura chose to lead she slipped into the path behind him, turning around backwards and pulling a string on the opposite end of the stone to force it back into place silently as they began to move within the walls of the palace. She had no idea where this path would lead to, but assumed somewhere within given its placement. "Who do you think made that?" she asked, knowing that it was far too small for what could be considered a normal size adult to move in and out of with any kind of comfort. Unbeknownst to them, the pathway from the wall would lead around and into a particular room behind a painting on the lower floor. This room, would appear abandoned and have the look of an old toy room.

While this happened their redheaded shadow waited a fair bit. Allowing the pair enough movement to clear his entry way, after all, he wouldn't want them turning around to notice that he'd slipped in behind them. After he was sure that they were far enough away to not see him enter, he followed the path they'd laid out, complete with entering the small hole and closing it up behind him all without being seen, by the general public or any guards along the wall.

Though Nasira asked who he thought made the tunnel they traversed, Bakura remained silent. Soon, he was carefully stepping out into this strange room filled with old toys and the like. After inspecting his surroundings, he was able to draw a conclusion or two about the nature of this path. "... Yas," he said in a hushed tone as he picked a single doll off the floor. It looked to be in better condition than all the other items he'd noticed, yet its limbs were more easily moved than anything else he touched here. When he thought about it, a wicked grin crossed his face, and he pocketed the doll. "I didn't know she had this kinda side. She must've been as much of a hood rat as me."

Nasira hopped around this apparently abandoned playroom and heard what the male with her had to say about it. She found it odd that Yasmin would have created such a thing, but given she hadn't known the girl very long, perhaps it was simply her trying to imagine what the girl was like when she was much much younger which was the problem with this. "It's a bit shocking, but I suppose I could see her being a bit mischievous in the right circumstances." she mentioned as she moved forward, after all, she'd seen Yasmin's public bath choices, and as Yasmin had mentioned herself you could tell a lot about people by their bathing choices. She noted the item the boy had picked up, but like most simply assumed he was going to give it to Yasmin for whatever reason. Still the girl walked up to the closed door and pressed her ear against it, listening outside to try and figure out if they'd have the freedom to move about from here.

Meanwhile, the small redhead boy also made his way up this path stopping just shy of this apparent playroom and listening to the conversation of the pair inside. Of course, it would be necessary for him to remain until they cleared this room and then he'd be able to follow behind them. Of course, he peeked around the corner to keep an eye on the pair of them in the room. 'Hm... these are some strange people.'

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast