Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Reim Empire

At Shaka's words Shadiya's eyes widened. She couldn't believe at that this very moment, she was being blamed for this incursion. What came next to her was a manipulation of time and space, which ended with her receiving a twisting punch to the face and sent her flying backwards. She hit a wall but seemed to be fine other than the extreme soreness her body would likely feel because of this later. "Uh-huh... so I've broken our promise because I've changed. Not because I've done anything wrong, or because I gave up on my dream... but because I found another way, which doesn't require me to climb over a mountain of bodies?" she questioned rhetorically as she rubbed her cheek. It had hurt, but she supposed, she'd done worse to him in the last few moments. And with that in mind, she couldn't help but wonder how such hypocrisy had been seeded between the pair of them, how had she not noticed that he'd been stuck on these things while she moved closer to their overall goals.

Meanwhile the brunette girl was rather surprised by her opponent's aptitude. It seemed he was at least able to follow her motions even if he couldn't touch her with them. His question as he backed away from the dagger she'd been about to plunge into the back of his head made her brow raise. "I should be asking you that question, it isn't everyday someone dodges a back stab assassination attempt." she chuckled only to point at the black metal ring she wore on her right hand. "It's the offshoot of a Dark Metal Vessel. Like the ones which belong to those little nobodies who follow King Vessel's around. But... connected to something else. Mine allows me to make my body intangible so I can pass through solid objects. So... you can't touch me." she said with a smile on her face. It seemed this girl had no intention of falling here, or giving up any information and though this boy had jumped away from her first strike, this would only lead her to try again, right up until the moment she'd chose to strike her body would be passing through and around this blonde boy, but after a few passes she tried again, this time aiming the shot with her short blade to his kidney on the left side.

"You just don't get it. You never will," Shaka said while warping the space between them again, this time moving himself closer to Shadiya. Being the taller of the two, he perfectly aimed this movement so he would be just outside of Shadiya's physical reach, while she would be just within his if necessary. "It doesn't matter. I'll sever my ties with you here, and move on with my life." With that said, Shaka raised his left foot and aimed to stomp Shadiya into the floor with it.

The brunette's assertion of his dodge caused Aiolia to chuckle briefly. "You'll no sooner hit me than I'll hit you, I'm afraid," he said. Though, this woman's ability to avoid all forms of physical contact until she chose not to was troublesome indeed. This meant that even if he managed to keep her attention, he would only end up being the one to tire out and lose in the end. Once more, he found himself shifting about as she continued phasing through his body, anticipating the next strike. When it came, he avoided it just as he'd done with its predecessor, but his blade would do nothing for him here. 'This is bad,' he thought. 'She was on her way to Shadiya just then. As long as I can't cut her, I can't do anything. I have faith in Shadiya's abilities as a Dungeon Capturer, but with everything going on... I can't let this sort of distraction make its way to her now. But... how the hell do I stop it?'

Shadiya seemed to be having a rough go of this day, the space between the two of them disappeared again, and soon the man known as Shaka was standing just outside of her reach but aiming to harm her once more. She was mortified but ready for more violence, as apparently this was something that her friend could just dish out. "No, it's you who doesn't get it... but somehow I'll make you understand." this as the difference between Shadiya and Shaka, as he was content to let his point fall to the wayside and separate himself from her. She wanted him to understand, to learn, to grow, and to get better as a result of this interaction. It was all she ever wanted, her own thirst for learning was never probably brought to the surface but she loved this in other people. She loved helping people find understanding. She wanted a world where people were free to purse their academic interests and where there was nothing stopping anyone from finding out anything they wanted to know. As his left foot came into her person she didn't stop it, after all, she couldn't reach him until the impact was made. But even so, once he was stomping her, she used her new technique again, this time she would aim hit him with her Magoi forcing a lot of it right into his Achilles Tendon and thus mar his leg, her intention beyond what it had been in her hit before, to maim the muscles there. If she succeeded the tendon would snap, as every one of these hits was layered and intended to cause stacking damage as well as cut off the flow of his Magoi. As she went through this ordeal, a Rukh Bird would fly from her necklace and head for the young man who was presently nowhere in sight.

At the back of the villa the brown haired girl was trying but failing to slash this blonde man before her. "Ugh, just die already, it will be quicker for everyone." the girl mentioned as she continued her assault which kept her just out of the range of danger that physical attacks would cause. But at this time a small Rukh Bird would nestle itself into the guard of the boy's sword right behind a red gem and it would speak to him, as it did. "I'm a familiar spawned from the Djinn Dantalion. If you really believe in her, you can call upon my power and go to her. Call upon me and become a Member of the Household of Space & Time." said the little bird as it waited.

"Shut up," Shaka said as his foot made contact with the purple-haired girl's torso. Immediately after he gained this bit of satisfaction, the enjoyment was taken away from him. Whatever the contact with his leg did, it caused a sharp pain to shoot up to his core, and afterwards, he could no longer command the limb for some reason. He remained standing due to his right leg, but he was now two limbs down in a battle he thought he was sure to dominate with this Dark Metal Vessel. "Bitch. This resolve of yours is pissing me off. Just give up and die!"

In the midst of his dodging, Aiolia was visited by a mystical being the likes of which he'd never seen, though it gave him a feeling of comfort somehow. When the familiar spoke, it was as if he understood its very will. With it in his sword, he knew what he could do to be of use here. 'Household of Space and Time, huh?' he thought. Aiolia then ceased his attempts to look behind him as the woman went about phasing through his body. As he faced her, he followed the given will of the familiar in what was now his Household Vessel. "Household Vessel: Miftah Danti!" As the brunette came his way to phase again, Aiolia slashed at her midsection. Though he was sure she'd be using her magic tool to phase through it again, this time, he had countermeasures against her attempts. His sword was now a weapon with the power to cut whatever he wanted it to, leaving everything else in its path unharmed much like the woman's own ability. His aim was to phase through the magic affecting her body as she moved, and specifically slash through the internal organs of her midriff horizontally. If this worked in accordance with his faith in the Household item, Aiolia hoped he simply would not have to worry about the next attack this woman had in store for him.

Shadiya was told to shut up, but it only made her laugh. She completed the action she'd intended and with the man two limbs down she finally began pulling herself up off the floor. There was a large bruise covering her exposed midsection and one across the side of her face as well, but she didn't seem discouraged at all. In fact, there was the light of her resolve burning behind her eyes, and beyond that she simply felt pity for Shaka. Because he lacked understanding something for simple. Because he threw a tantrum like he was a toddler instead of asking her to clarify her motivations, because he didn't understand the friendship they were offered because he didn't want to work for it with his own two hands. "No, I won't give up and just die, I still have something I need to do, but you should. You're hurt, Shaka and if you continue attacking me... I'll have to keep hurting you." she said calmly though there were tears forming in her golden eyes. "And I really don't want to."

Meanwhile the girl with her Dark Metal Vessel was content to try and attack this boy again, not knowing of the magic she now possessed and this time the strike just like the ones she'd been avoiding made contact with her actual torso. The magic she'd cloaked her body in was cut through by this boy somehow. He'd become a Household Member already? He'd given himself to someone like the girl in front... The only thing that registered on the girl's face was shocked as her blade fell out of her hands inches away from this boy's person, she opened her mouth to speak, but blood flowed out and across her tongue instead. She fell to the ground then the light beginning to fade from her eyes.

A deep scowl appeared on Shaka's face. He began going through the motions of removing the gauntlet on his right hand, as it would no longer respond to him due to Shadiya's earlier attack. When it rested in his left hand, he held it before his gaze. "You're right. Even with this Metal Vessel, I can't bring myself to kill you. There's no point in going on like this." Shaka seemed to have given up all hope of annihilating the purple-haired girl in the way he intended to when coming here. However, his resolve to cut his ties to her only grew. "In that case... I consecrate myself..." Without further ado, Shaka stabbed the clawed fingers of the gauntlet into his torso, pushing the gauntlet through to the other side of him in one swift motion. The moment he did this, black Rukh began to accumulate to a point of becoming visible to the normal human eye, and the Household Vessels to this item were attracted toward Shaka's body one by one, also making his flesh their home.

Aiolia sheathed his sword when he came to realize his Household Vessel had done what it needed to do. He wasted no time beginning to move toward the area Shadiya and Shaka inhabited, but he paused the moment he arrived. From his perspective, it looked to be the case that Shaka had killed himself while standing over Shadiya, but he somehow felt that was not the case. "Shadi! What's this?"

Shadiya watched her friend resolve himself but she didn't know what to. She would have felt at ease but there was a lingering tension there as Shaka removed the Dark Metal Vessel from his hand. Beyond this he said he consecrated himself, but when he stabbed himself through the torso with it Shadiya was shocked. "NOOO!" she exclaimed as she began to physically see the Black Rukh. This was something she simply didn't understand... and as she watched this happen to her best friend she pulled herself up and stood completely and utterly shocked by what she was seeing. "But why?" she asked seemingly stunned. She'd never seen anything like what was taking place here, and soon enough Aiolia rejoined here which was rather surprising. To his question she could only turn to him with tears streaming down her face. "I really don't know..." she said. This wasn't at all what she expected from today and she didn't really know what to do about what she was seeing. All she knew right now is that she wanted to save her friend, in fact it was all she wanted.

Shaka had no answers for the girl before him. His only thought now was achieving his ultimate goal, which involved the demise of any standing in his way. As the black Rukh took shelter in his body, the young male transformed, quickly amassing a size great enough to destroy the building around him as he grew. A third eye, like that of a Djinn, appeared on his head after this massive black form was gained. Like this, Shaka had a second right arm growing out of his shoulder. This arm seemed to emit the same space-warping magic the Metal Vessel itself utilized.

With all this going on, Aiolia took a side to Shadiya, once again gripping his sword's sheath. Though she seemed to have as little an idea as he had about what was going on here, he was ready to assist in whatever way necessary. "I'm here. What do you need me to do?"

All this ruckus next door woke the sleeping Malik. In his groggy state, he looked out the window to see the black Djinn Shaka had become. This made him hop out of bed and snatch up his sword immediately. "Damnit!" he said. From afar, Fudo was observing the same thing. "Not good, not good. We've made a bit more progress since that initial setback. We'll need to run."

As the massive black form appeared before her Shadiya had little to no idea what to do. With the destruction of the buildings around them she had only the instinct to protect everyone involved. "I really don't know, Shaka's in there somewhere, but right now he's a danger to all of us... and if this is an evolution of the power he was showing earlier, it's even more dangerous than it looks." Shadiya mentioned. She wondered if it was even still possible to immoblize him by stopping the flow of its Magoi. As it was collecting Black Rukh steadily she wasn't sure if anything would be able to damage it. "Right now we really need to survive." she said with tears glistening in her eyes. She still intended to help her friend, but she had to figure out how first.

Among all the commotion, Nasira also stirred. Though she'd claimed earlier that she wasn't tired, she'd also taken to resting in her own room after setting up Malik to get some rest as well. As she stumbled out of her own room fully dressed, she came across several blood soaked bodies in addition to the signs of a battle taking place. As she walked past a window her eyes widened just a little. "Oh well, it's going to be one of those days." she said hopping out of it and heading straight towards the danger. Meanwhile Yasmin who was accompanying Fudo seemed to only nod, taking off. "I know." she said in reply to him, taking off without a second of forethought, mostly because she was so worried about all of the people in the house, that she didn't really have time to consider the amount of distress this kind of physical activity was likely to cause her.

The moment he received some form of instruction from Shadiya, Aiolia was ready to do what was necessary. Drawing his sword, he dashed forward and slashed at one of the Dark Djinn's right arms. This effort was for naught, as his sword could not penetrate its skin. So, Aiolia called upon the power of his Household Vessel, bypassing the skin to cut through the arm inside. This was successful, but the Dark Djinn began healing its internal wound immediately. Worse yet, the black Rukh were beginning to spread to Shaka's fallen comrades, beginning their transformation into Black Djinn as well.

As Malik ran toward the location of this enemy, he ended up running alongside Nasira. "Any idea what's going on here?" he asked as they approached the wrecked building where Shadiya, Aiolia and the Dark Djinn Shaka were. Little did he know, he and Nasira were about to be assaulted by a separate Black Djinn that spawned from behind them.

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast