Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Reim Empire

The boy dodged another of the attacks from the Dark Djinn after asking how he'd managed to assist. She was moving herself before she was able to reply. "You believed in me..." she said pointing to his sword. "The familiar you gained from Dantalion was a link between me and you... so I was able to tear back into this dimension from another one. I think... I might have been stuck there without it." she said. And when this boy said he thought himself capable of doing something about the giant djinn she simply nodded. "I have faith in you, tell me what you need." she said standing at the ready, Shadiya would assist him in anyway she could in an attempt to rescue her friend.

Meanwhile Nasira sighed thinking that this young man's worries were not nearly as focused as they should have been. "Really? Pride-shattering? It isn't that bad... I've known you all of a day, surely you didn't expect for me to just fall all over you?" she questioned while watching him work, with a bit of magic she'd never expected to see. Malik seemed to handle the threat without much of a problem and with it came another clap. "Well, I didn't get as much out of that as I would have liked." said the girl, seeming to pout that she didn't get to fight a bit more. "Either way, you're amazing." she mentioned with much approval.

"So that's what that was," said Aiolia as he inspected his own sword more closely. There had been mention from the familiar about the Household of Space and Time, but he hardly had time to think very hard about it. Either way, Shadiya asked him what he needed of her, and in response, the young man shook his head. "Faith. Nothing more. I'll do what I can to help you." Without further ado, Aiolia locked eyes with the black Djinn. As it swung its third arm at him, he made use of his rapid movements once again, closing in on its torso. In a series of four slashes, he slashed at what his memory of Shaka's form told him would be his limbs. In doing so, he aimed to sever the physical connection between Shaka and the black Djinn. "There's something you can do for you, though. Right here!" His left hand patted the Djinn right where Shaka's core would be, indicating the place he meant for Shadiya to aim at. "Felt like a clean cut. Your friend is there!"

Malik's Extreme Magic continued to perform its duties successfully, and the man himself descended back to ground level. When he did, he looked toward Nasira. "Expect? No, but a guy can have hopes. More importantly, if you wanted to fight, you shouldn't have provoked me to use Djinn Equip. I've been working with this power for a long time."

"Yes." said Shadiya confirming what exactly had been done between the pair of them. Apparently he hadn't known such a connection had been made between them, making him a member of her Household, but that was fine for now, as he was willing to help her out right just now. Still, all he asked for was her faith and she could give that to him, he'd already proven himself. "Of course you have that." and with that Shadiya watched this young man work. While this happened she prepared another transfer circle. Upon seeing the area he cut she placed one just over the chest of the beast, intending to remove from it her friend. "Shaka, Come back to me old friend." she said reaching in she'd grab for the young man known as Shaka and aim to pull him out and with her back to the world they inhabited together, her only intention to bring him back and help him with whatever problem he was presently having.

"Hopes, huh?" she asked still amused by this entire thing. She couldn't help but wonder what went on in the minds of men, but this one seemed to wear his thoughts right on his sleeve. Beyond this she wasn't really all that upset about not getting more out of this fight. "Well, I am not that upset, and I did want to see your Djinn Equip and you showed me something I've never seen before. What's with that crazy magic? These things are interesting to those of us who don't have them." she said only to add a bit more. "Plus it gives me something to look forward to seeing what with Fudo and Yasmin." she said a cheeky little smile appearing on her face.

Shaka emerged from the body of the Djinn with dazed eyes and a heavy mind. As he looked at Shadiya, tears streamed down his face, yet there was a smile on his face as well. "Shadi..." he said in a weary tone. "You can finally use it..."

"I show a lot of people a lot of things they've never seen before," Malik said while waving his free hand about nonchalantly. Before going on to answer Nasira's question, he looked toward the remaining black Djinn to ensured that it was not too much of a hazard. Indeed, it was no longer moving, but still very much there. "Extreme Magic. It's the most powerful kind of attack that can be used after mastering Djinn Equip."

It would be Shadiya holding her friend so recently emerged from the Dark Djinn with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. "Yeah... I think it's only about half way right now, but I'll keep working on it." the girl said. She was so happy to have her friend back at this moment she seemed to relax. "But that's fine we can talk about it later. Are you okay now?" she asked of her friend, those golden eyes of hers shining bright and this was all she wanted to accomplish and she'd manage to with he help of her new friend. At this point her eyes turned to Aiolia and she offered her him her gratitude. "Thank you... so much."

Meanwhile it seemed the ruckus was dying down and this was fine with Nasira. And even as it died down it appeared that the ego of the pink haired young man had returned in the form of another cheeky comment. Still she didn't want to crush him twice. "I'll bet." she said to that moving right along he went on to explain to her about Extreme Magic. "Extreme Magic, huh? Sounds like fun, it will be interesting to see what that's like later..." she mumbled to herself. "Speaking of, I'm surprised Fudo and Yasmin weren't spotted from the window." she said thinking about this was rather odd. She wondered if the pair were still in training but that didn't make much sense.

"Good. Keep growing with the others. I'm the one who can't progress," said Shaka. The majority of his body, particularly his extremities were blackened by the transformation, and this darkness seemed to be spreading along the rest of his body as the black Djinn faded away. In spite of this creeping shadow, he reached out to touch the side of the purple-haired girl's face. "Do me one favor, Shadi. Don't go on to be the Queen I or anyone else wanted you to be. Become the Queen you want to be."

In the meantime, Malik sealed away his Djinn Equip and sheathed his sword. "Uzma took them, didn't she? If that's the case, I know exactly why they're not here. There's a chance they've been working on taking about five steps for the last hour, depending on whether Uzma told them about what her training was or not."

Shadiya was still crying and she didn't know why. Actually she knew exactly why, because she looked down at Shaka's extremities and knew that he was dying. But somehow her mind hadn't rightly accepted that, even as the young blonde man gave his farewell speech. "Don't... why are you talking to me like you're leaving? I didn't do all this for you to leave me." the girl said as a single tear feel from those big golden eyes of hers. His hand reaching up to her face gave her comfort, beyond this she seemed to just be getting sadder. "I already decided to do that... so I have no problem doing it for you." she said to the young man. He had been her only friend for so long she couldn't imagine him leaving her. "Please, don't leave me, you said we'd do this together... you can't die now." she said those final words and they broke the small girl, she couldn't stop her tears from falling nor could she try to remain calm.

Meanwhile Nasira, found herself chuckling. "Yes, Uzma took them." she said wondering what she could have done to them to make their steps take so much more time. "What did she do to them?" she asked but as she did this she began looking into the distance to see if she could spot them, afterall, she'd been knocked from the Colosseum to the garden of the house, there wasn't that much distance between them now. Little did she know, that Yasmin and likely Fudo as well, had been running full speed towards the house since this problem had began. And soon enough a pink haired girl would be spotted headed in their direction.

"Don't be stupid. There's no stopping it now," Shaka replied. The hand that had been against Shadiya's cheek moved to the back of her head as he continued. "And you still don't get it. Oh well... Have fun with your new boy toy," he continued. With that said, he pulled with the hand he had behind Shadiya's head, pressing his lips against hers with the last of his energy. In doing so, he subconsciously transferred his Magoi into the girl before falling back. In a few moments, his life force was no more, and his entire body became like stone.

When Nasira asked what Uzma had done to the others, Malik looked around to ensure that no one else was nearby at the time. When he confirmed this, he grasped one of the wristbands he wore, and pulled it aside. Doing so revealed Uzma's Spirit Cuffs on his wrists, but only for a moment to preserve the secrecy he wanted for whatever reason. "I guess I'll let you in on it. Just you." Returning his band to its proper place, Malik put a finger to his lip. "Round the clock Magoi workout, but don't tell." Soon afterwards, Yasmin would be seen running up in the distance, and Fudo could be seen right beside her. "Looks like we missed the action. We've been running... for nothing..."

The words Shaka said initially were exactly what she'd expected. She didn't want to accept this initially but she figured if he was sure as well, then she had to. "Shaka..." she said still crying. When he went on to say she still didn't get it confusion spread across her face mixed in with her sadness and tears. This would only be further complicated by the dying young man kissing the girl's lips and passing her the rest of his energy. But she had no idea about that it was very odd to her this, and caused a confusion in the girl's feelings the likes of which she'd never experienced before. Shaka was after all her best, first and previously only friend in the entire world, and watching him turn to stone after doing something so touching shocked her violently.

Meanwhile Nasira was shown a secret and given an answer to the question she'd previously asked. "Oh, I see. Well your secret is safe with me." Nasira said, she found that she said this sentence a lot in her life, and began to wonder if either, everyone liked her, or everyone simply thought her trust worthy. Either way, the joining of this pairing by Yasmin and Fudo. The pink haired girl, she seemed to be running faster than she'd ever done, but came to a stop once she realized that they didn't have to go any further. Yasmin looked to Fudo and shook her head from left to right. "I wouldn't say for nothing, this counts as the workout right? The extra we were going to attempt?" she said in the same kind of light-hearted manner that she'd been speaking in the entire time. Of course now that they were here and everything had been settled the pink haired girl looked to Nasira and Malik. "Both of you look better, any one got any idea what happened?" she asked now curious but before she could even properly relax and get an answer to her question she heard something disturbing... a scream which came from somewhere deep inside from the front of the destroyed building where Shadiya was. This sound which was blood curdling coming from Shadiya as she cried for her fallen friend. And it was a sound with which Yasmin was quite familiar... it made her eyes widen as she looked off into the distance, and she felt sad without having to know the details of what happened.

Following Shaka's passing, Aiolia stepped closer to Shadiya. He crouched to her level, placing a hand upon her shoulder while looking toward the now-stone man. "Are you going to be alright?" he asked, though he was quite certain what the answer was.

"Trying to skip out, huh? No chance," Fudo said regarding the workout they had agreed upon earlier. He still very much intended to continue with the original plan, but now that they had done all this running, he figured it could perhaps wait a bit longer than intended. When Yasmin spoke, Malik was the first to respond. "No clue what happened. I woke up to buildings breaking, and there were seven black Djinn-like creatures in our neighborhood. We took care of six. Pretty sure Shadiya over there took down the other one."

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast