Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Reim Empire

"Right," Malik said with a nod when Yasmin gave him the clear to carry on. "Sorio lived in Magnostadt during the civil war they had several years ago. He had always come here to visit the family, but after that war ended, he took up permanent residence in Reim. He was... very different then, but your dad still thought to make him an important person in the palace."

"What do you mean he was different?" Fudo asked. "It was just... the way he carried himself, you know? Being around him felt weird. Sorio was a magician, and though they won in Magnostadt, it almost seemed to him as if they'd lost."

After such a long time being in one place, Ali stretched and yawned, wondering how much longer it would take for them to move on. "We could be in Reim right now. Hey, Shadiya. You have Dantalion; maybe you could give me a hand in moving us there."

As Yasmin read up on the history of the areas and people mentioned by Malik, she also took in his speech about the man apparently known as Sorio who was currently acting ruler here. She couldn't help but wonder what about being involved in a war would change a man so much, but given her own life experience with her radically changing circumstances she could understand how it could go awry without any real intention on the parts of the people involved. "According to this that wasn't a winnable situation. The Mages who rose up in what used to be the Kingdom of Musta'sim slaughtered the entire royal family and all of their personal mages as part of their uprising. The Royal family because they were a symbol of the previous oppression and their personal mages because many refused to turn against people they saw as doing no wrong against them. After it was renamed Magnostadt and run under the leadership of the former leader of the Mages school there. But apparently there was a bit of unrest because of the way the previous leadership was dealt with, the man currently leading that country has become extremely paranoid which has led to an extreme bit of inaction in the country. Literally it seems to have completely stagnated following those events." Yasmin added, not knowing if this would be important or not but it could explain the mindset of the change Vizier.

Meanwhile, Shadiya was called upon by Ali who seemed to want to get this group properly settled in Reim sooner rather than later. She looked out at the horizon and hopped on top of the carriage as well. "I can help with that... if you the heavy lifting so to speak. I am not quite strong enough on my own to move all of us... it'd likely render me unconscious for weeks if I tried. I can however, show you where we're going." she said. Shadiya had in this place a villa previously owned by one of her brothers which had been set up for her extended stay here. Of course, she was more than willing to open this place up to her new friends since they'd all likely be here for a while, and it happened to be placed in a very lively part of the empire. With this in mind the girl touched her locket. The Rukh around the girl began to bend as her locket melted into her hands creating a partial equip which would make two eight sided starts on the backs of each of her hands. These were glowing with a bluish light "Dante Al-Thais." she mentioned and she began to draw with this the constellation of the Big Dipper over this group. In so doing another would appear over the open courtyard in front of the Villa. Waiting only to to pushed up and through the transportation circle as the conversation continued between the others below.

"So, there are problems in Magnostadt, as well as Reim, which go beyond our current understanding. Regardless of the situation between the countries, it's only right that we do something about this Sorio." These were the last words spoken by Fudo before Ali and Shadiya went about their use of Space-Time Magic.

Shadiya's partial Djinn Equip opened up the pathway to their next destination, and now that he was able to see it, Ali began to utilize his own Magoi to physically transport the group and all their belongings through the rift, virtually teleporting them through Shadiya's path and having them reappear within the villa. "There we are. Thank you, Shadiya. Now... I'll be back soon-ish," he said with a wave as he walked away.

Fudo took a moment to look around the area from his place on the carriage, taking note that this place seemed to have reasonable living conditions, yet no residents. "This place doesn't look inhabited, but it looks ready to be. Where are we?"

During the use of the space time magic, after Fudo had spoken all was quiet with the young women currently occupying this place. Once they had moved though, Yasmin nodded her agreement to the clause that something had to be done about the Vizier known as Sorio. "I agree." she said there were plenty of problems in the world, and she had nothing better to do than help conquer them one by one.

Shadiya gave a quick bow and cancelled the use of her partial Djinn equip as it was more than a little draining for the young woman. Once it was gone and her locket was back secure on her neck she nodded. "Alright... this place is ready for everyone and there is more than enough room for all of you to stay here if you wish." she said of this place. Upon reaching their destination she jumped down from the roof of the carriage in time to hear and answer the question posed by Fudo about the place they were currently in. "This is my villa. Hmm, rather a place that was acquired for me when I said I'd be coming here. It was abandoned in the past and while I was on my way here it was refurbished and fully stocked. I figured... if we were all going to be here, we'd need a place to stay. So... " Shadiya seemed to be suffering a moment of minor embarrassment at the offer she was trying to make to her newfound companions. "I mean... if you want to stay, there's more than enough room..." she said trying to downplay her feelings in this matter. It only made Nasira chuckle and Yasmin smile. She really was a nice girl.

Meanwhile the landing of these people and all of their things caused someone from inside the villa to exit. Upon doing so, one would see a slim yet curvy young woman with fearsome scarlet hair pulled up into a ponytail that still hung down to her waist. Her bangs parted to cover her right eye only a grim look to her face. She was dressed in partial armor pieces black with silver filigree and a linen loincloth. Her outfit completed by a black scarf draped around her neck which blew into the breeze. "Hm. This is way more people than I expected."

Fudo's mouth curled into a grin when Shadiya explained the existence of this place. Knowing that it was hers, he immediately felt more comfortable being in the area. "I'm sure we'd all be glad to stay. Thank you, Shadiya."

Malik wasted no time literally leaping from the carriage, finding this area dangerously familiar to him. "Ah! We're right next to-" he began to speak, only to abruptly stop his sentence upon seeing the trademark scarlet hair of one particular gladiator. "Oh! Erza! I brought some guys!"

Both Nasira and Yasmin nodded that they'd enjoy staying here as well. This gave a great deal of relief to Shadiya who smiled. "Alright then, I'll enjoy having everyone around." she said swiftly only to turn towards the house and see the scarlet haired woman while the other two young women went to begin retrieving things from the cart which everyone could or would use within the house. In the meantime when they came out it was obvious that there was a new person among them, a scarlet haired warrior type who seemed to be familiar with Malik. "Oh, did you? That's great and all but I am not here for that. I am here because I set up this Villa for... she said looking at the girl who stepped up with her purple hair. "You." she said. Looking to the girl who nodded. "Yes, I'm Shadiya, thank you very much." she said knowing this woman had been the one in charge of the restoration of her house. She scoffed just a little and shook her head from left to right. "You're late." she mentioned. Though taking a look at the rest of the people she figured them to be reasonably capable so she just shrugged in reply to Malik she had but one thing to say.

"You know the old man has to look into all the rest." she mentioned of the Gladiators, of the villa she explained a bit more. "Basically this is a prime spot, right next to the Coloseum and within walking distance of a very good market. The place is fully stocked and the nearest public bath is only about a block away. "

"Ugh, really? Gramps is such a stiff, though. I don't think he'd be open to just letting a bunch of new people be around while we're training," Malik said. This old man of whom they spoke was apparently not the friendliest of people. Of course, the same could be assumed of the red-haired woman who'd so recently appeared to the group. "Perhaps this man you speak of would be interested in letting us train as well," Fudo interjected. The teal-haired prince approached the woman called Erza, extending his right hand to her with a smile upon his face to begin his greeting. "You're with the Yambala Gladiators, right? Fudo Shakir. My friends and I came from Parthevia to seek guidance in improving our Magoi Manipulation."

Erza looked at the pink haired boy and rolled her eyes. While it was true the leader of the Gladiators was a seemingly stern individual, that didn't mean he'd be totally opposed to new people. After all, he'd taken on the pink haired boy at some point. Before she could point this out though the teal haired young man was walking up, and extending his hand in greeting the scarlet haired young woman could do nothing but accept his outstretched hand and firmly shake. "I'm Erza Nicolaides." she mentioned the young woman who was obviously not from this place but still here. "And yes, I am one of the Yambala Gladiators." she said acknowledging what this young man had to say she could only shrug. "I am not one to say whether that would be permitted or not. But talking to the old man is your best bet. I'll take you to him if you'd like. He's supposed to be meeting this one anyways." she stated finally gesturing to Shadiya. She was apparently not a mean person, just a bit withdrawn as far as her interactions with people.

After these words were spoken, Yasmin and Nasira returned from settling a few of the things out of the cart and into the villa. "What'd we miss?" questioned the female dungeon capturer.

"There's no need for that," spoke an elderly voice teeming with masculinity. From the rear of Erza, a very short male who seemed to be bordering a hundred years old, approached. He wore a cloak lined with white fur matching his mustache and what remained of his hair. This midget of a man was all but imposing to the naked eye, but there was something about his presence that made Fudo's brow quiver momentarily. "Pleasure to meet you, Erza. No worries; I understand you wouldn't have the final say. I take it this is the man you're talking about," he said while looking toward the elderly male to hear his next words. The old man had his eyes fixed not on Erza, not on Malik, but on Shadiya alone, even as he spoke to the general public of the area. These words would come just as Yasmin and Nasira revealed themselves. "I don't care why any of you have come here. I agreed to take on one final pupil, and no more than one. Who I take is my chosen successor in the art of Magoi, and so help me I'll not show another soul so long as I draw breath."

"Master." Erza said as the old man spoke up apparently he'd been nearby this place. It was kind of funny to see such a small old man approach with such authority. His appearance made Nasira and Yasmin glance at each other. His words to the girl Shadiya made her look at her new friends. She could appreciate someone wanting to only teach their technique to one person, but she also couldn't really abandon them to fate either. "Well, I get that, but I can't really abandon them in this either. So, if that's the case, teach either Fudo or Yasmin... " whatever this girl was about to say was completely lost.

Shula had been talking with Samiya on top of the cart, but now that she was finished she'd approached the group only to see the tiniest most adorable old man she'd ever seen in her life. "OH! HE'S THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER!~" the young magi interrupted her immediate actions involved her aiming to capture the small old man and pull him into her bosom and smother him with her doting affections. Such a thing was so random it completely broke the concentration of all the females present. Even Erza was frozen and had to quickly cover a grin which spread across her normally stoic face.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast