Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sindria

"Well then..." As Yasmin approached, Fudo casually slid out of the way to allow her entry. Inside this room, there were various articles of clothing, all with similar color schemes to his current one. "My mother was... very big on planning. There are pieces for all ages and sizes here, in order as you move deeper into the room. I hope they're to your liking."

"Oh?" Yasmin mentioned as she walked into a room that literally held a wardrobe extensive enough to cover all seasons and body types of any one specific person over the course of their entire lives. Fudo went on to say that his mother was big on planning but what she was seeing here was a serious understatement of that fact. "I've... never seen anything like this before." she said as she progressed through this smorgasbord of apparel. "Saying your mother was big on planning is an understatement." she said her eyes filling with light. "But..." she turned around with her eyes still shining with that same light. "I can see where you get it from and it's the most amazing thing~" chimed Yasmin. She was so relieved that she wouldn't have to shop for herself that she was most giddy with excitement, which she supposed was how most people felt when actually shopping. "I don't have to shop for myself~" she said mostly to herself, but in doing so revealing why up to this point she owned a single outfit. As she stopped at a depth in the room which she figured should be about where she should start, she picked up a piece which looked similar to her own top but was embroidered with gold and blue gems that matched the rest of the jewelry she was wearing. Her eyes widened at the amount of forethought such a thing would take.

"Well, mother's logic was that it would be a worthwhile investment to simply get it all out of the way before it became necessary. She didn't want any daughter of hers being 'without the finest garbs a princess could find for even a moment,' she said. I always thought it was a waste of time and resources, but at least some of it could be put to good use now." Fudo filled the bit of silence from his end with this short speech as Yasmin checked here and there for something to suit her needs. What she chose, he found to be a very appealing article of clothing, and indeed the perfect match for the jewelry she now wore. "Oh. That would look amazing on you. Sure it's not too thin, or open for your taste?"

"I could see that. And I am totally happy to be of service~" she said appreciating the forethought to completely dress someone so they'd never have to go out and look for things, or experience a growth spurt which would leave them outgrowing their favorites without the means to replace them. Of course, as he went on to say why she'd said such a thing, Yasmin chuckled just a little, and she tried to imagine the woman who would say such things. As she imagined herself in the top she held it up to herself and knew it would fit which was kind of amazing because that was something she didn't think would happen, as to the comments about the thinness of the material or its revealing nature the girl could only shake her head a little. "Actually I prefer this. Too much fabric will make me hot... thinner material means I can feel the cool breeze." she mentioned. Not to mention the fact that the girl was much more open than her kindly personality seemed to display which should have been obvious given her easy nudity during their shared bath earlier. After she said this she found a pair of bottoms much like the ones she was already wearing but of the thinner material and as a bonus it had golden cuffs on the shorts also complete with the blue gems. This made her quite happy as the pieces seemed to go together just like what she was wearing now.

Hearing Yasmin's reasons for preferring this form of fabric, Fudo couldn't quite argue the logic behind it. Of course, he had only ever really worn similar material, bar the rags he donned in Qishan, so he never experienced the heat of much thicker clothing. "I guess you're right there. Now that you mention it, the material does breathe very well. In a place like Parthevia, I imagine that difference could make or break someone's day."

Yasmin was quite sure of her reasoning behind her choice in clothing. And though she'd been too anxious to properly purchase clothes for herself, she could at least appreciate the thought and time put into the purchase of these. "Yes, it'd be something like that. Beyond that... I think it's cute." she said of the clothing beyond all comfort which she figured she could get from literally anything in this room. She found these items the cutest and most accustomed to the type of style she was developing. But she was also willing to admit that this clothing could be considered too light, especially given how prone temperatures were to plunging in the desert at night. With this in mind she also picked up something which appeared to be a tightly weaved scarf white in color and made of a slightly thicker material. It was also wide enough that it could simply be wrapped around a body, but also used just to accent, she supposed she could do both given how much skin the outfit she chose would expose. While she did this to keep this conversation going Yasmin had a question floating around in her brain which she'd ask this young man now. "So your mother, did she prepare one of these wardrobes for you before hand or did she do so after you were born?" she asked mostly because she wondered if the woman had gone so far as to purchase one for each sex of child just in case before hand. That would at the very least give some kind of idea where this overt preparedness in Fudo came from.

"Hm?" The next question Yasmin decided to present was not something Fudo expected to be receiving at any point. As such, he turned toward the young woman with a puzzled expression initially painted on his face. After a moment, though, he recovered from this stunning instance enough to retort. "Well, like I said... My mother wanted a daughter. In fact, she swore to high heaven she would have a princess that would be in need of an entire wardrobe. So, she prepared only what you see before you. After I was born, I simply had everything I would need in the near future made instead. Father wouldn't allow anything else at that point."

Yasmin heard out what Fudo had to say about his mother. Turning once she noticed he didn't immediately come back with something to say. She saw the quizzical expression on his face, and started to apologize only to have the young man go ahead and explain about his mother's extravagant purchasing habits soon after. The pink haired girl's face shifted slightly and then broke into a grin. Something about the idea of a woman being so wrong about a major purchase made her giggle just a bit. "You have to admire conviction like that... but why?" she asked wondering what could have possessed someone to believe they were having a kid so badly that they could prepare for the course of its entire life. While picking out other varied pieces which would suit her needs and seemed to fit her likes and dislikes oddly well for things she hadn't chosen herself.

Unbeknownst to her, there was a woman with light teal hair, greyed by her advancing age, walking up behind the entrance of the door, standing fairly close behind Fudo and she'd been there for the past few seconds. Long enough at least to hear what was being said about her. "Fudo, you're telling that bit wrong." she stated plainly. Her eyes would then travel to the pink haired girl and widen only slightly before a small smile would cross her darkened red lips. "I knew you were both here, but I didn't expect..." her thoughts seemed to be drifting somewhere, likely to the Rukh she could see moving about her son and his friend. Yasmin was so shocked to find someone standing there that she froze just a bit, mostly because she'd already realized who this woman had to be.

"To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure wh-" Fudo's response was cut short, and the interruption was the fault of the very woman in question: His mother. The middle-aged woman claimed immediately that he'd delivered incorrect information to the pink-haired girl, prompting Fudo to turn around and view Sindria's queen directly. "Good evening, mother," he said, figuring there was no need to ask for elaboration on her claim. Given the situation, she was likely to explain whether asked or not... or at least, that's what Fudo expected of the woman who birthed him.

The woman behind Fudo was greeted by him as his mother, and this made Yasmin's eyes widen. Though she fully accepted that this was the most likely thing to happen today she still couldn't help but be shocked. Somehow when she'd agreed to come here today, she didn't expect to meet the Queen or even to wander around the palace. She seemed to recover soon enough though and bow to the woman. "Good evening." she said peeking up with those aquamarine eyes of hers, which for some reason seemed to perfectly match the gems now part of her outfit. The woman would smile and point to another piece behind the girl. "Good Evening to you both. That lighter piece is meant to go with the headdress, you should take that too." she said the last bit to Yasmin in particular. The pink haired girl's eyes widened once more but she turned. "Thank you~"

Moving right along, there was the matter of what Fudo had gotten wrong in his story, "Also that story is always told like I wanted a girl. But it wasn't that... I can see the Rukh. Being a Sorceress and all... and being pregnant made that a bit worse. I tended to use Clairvoyance Magic a lot while pregnant since I couldn't move around as freely as I would have liked. I saw several different things and wanted to account for all of them. And I was indulged for quite some time, seeing you two together now... explains that a great deal." she said simultaneously explaining the extreme conviction to make such a wardrobe and creating several more questions in the mind of Yasmin which she brushed away to pick up the piece the woman had directed her to.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast