Thread: Laputa [Headquarters]

Laputa [Headquarters]

Tenkū no Shiro (天空の城, literally meaning "Castle in the Sky"), or Laputa (ラピュタ) as Shuren calls it, is an architectural wonder within the Vizard Hideout. The Headquarters is called "Castle in the Sky" and it was built on the roots and trunk of a humongous floating tree. The Fortress has a self defense mechanism: when somebody is around the Fortress, it creates a storm around the whole structure. If the visitors are considered to be hostile the storm forms around the entire structure with a tremendous force. If not, then the storm becomes pretty easy to pass through.

History of Laputa:

Shuren: "You are... gods."
    Projection: "No. Not gods. We simply came... before."
    ―Shuren discovering the message left by a scientist of the First Civilization.

The Castle in the Sky, or Laputa, was actually not built but found by Shuren and his followers. It was originally built by a group of people called the First Civilization. It was an ancient species of humanoid souls that were among the first to call the world their home. They were responsible for the creation of Laputa. But the society of this civilization wasn't a stable one. Eventually, war broke out between the First Civilization and their then unoppressed members; this, coupled with the onset of what would be referred to as the "Toba catastrophe", an aerial disaster that destroyed almost everything on Laputa, would see the First Civilization slip into extinction. While both sides survived the catastrophe, few of them remained. Working together, they rebuilt their Castle in the Sky. Despite their survival, the First Civilization was unable to fully recover their numbers, and began an inevitable decline toward extinction. Despite this, their legacy lived on.

Primary Locations:
    Despite being called a Castle, Laputa actually looked like a huge island floating in the sky, thus having more than just the building of headquarters, which included: the runway for arriving, the runway for leaving, the Throne Room, the Center Plaza, the Garden, the Laboratory, the Mission Room, the Sky Observatory, the Storm Room, the Control Room etc. Besides these, the building used as the Headquarters was built many centuries ago by the creators of this magnificent structure, along with the whole island.
    Spoiler:

The Throne Room is located at the Fortress, which stands at the highest point of the flying island. The first thing to notice is the enormousness of the room. The hall leading to the throne is unusually large and the sunlight are refracted from the dome, which illuminates the throne. The architecture is old, yet formidable. The throne is made of many over-sized senbons, metal needles with a point at both ends. These senbons are modified to enclose on anybody, aside from Shuren, who tries to sit on the throne. The ground, on which the throne stands, is surrounded by columns. As for the Fortress, it contains many halls, chambers and rooms designed for different purposes. The entrance of the Fortress leads to the Throne Room, however it is possible to travel through corridors and explore different parts of the structure.
    Spoiler:

The Center Plaza is the meeting place of the inhabitants. The plaza consists of many trees and a pond, which makes it resemble a park. However, it has been partially renovated to a more western looking place. The renovated area has a fountain with a woman figure in the middle. There are also banks for people to sit and relax, overlooked by the streetlights. The rest of the plaza was left as it originally was, since Shuren also wanted some of the original structure and architecture of the island to remain. This ended up with the Plaza being divided into three main parts: the Outer, the Central and the Ancient.
    Spoiler:

The Gardens are Laputa's main source of food. They provide countless fruits and vegetables, thanks to the greenhouse in its innermost area. The island also offers unearthly fruits and high calorie treats. Fruit pies are common treats among the inhabitants.
    Spoiler:

The Laboratories is the main location used for scientific purposes. The rooms and their concept weren't changed, as the original builders of the island possessed more advanced technology. The devices are intertwined with various trees and plants. These devices are also used to heal wounded or diseased people. The healing techniques, however, mainly focus on speeding the healing process up rather than trying to tackle the problem.
    Spoiler:

The Sky Observatory, unlike its name suggests, is the guard tower that watches the surroundings of Laputa. Any unknown objects or seemingly threats are immediately reported to the Storm Room.
    Spoiler:

The Storm Room and the Control Room are the panel rooms where certain activities within and around Laputa are watched, controlled or manipulated. The control room possesses the tools and gadgets to control and observe Laputa while the storm room exists for the sole purpose of creating storms around the Laputa when an unidentified object, person or vehicle advances towards the island or when a threat is present. These couldn't be done without the reports from the Sky Observatory of course.
    Spoiler:

The Library and the Archives were built by The First Civilization, with the intention of preserving all the world's knowledge. With time, it eventually held a vast, ancient collection of books. At one point in time, the library was accessible to visitors, as the ancient settlers hoped they would benefit from the vast amount of information. However, some people sought secrets that would destroy their enemies. Angered by the abuse of this knowledge, the ancient rulers of Laputa closed the library. Eventually, the location of the library along with the location of the floating island was lost to others. Though the building of the library is the size of a large building, most of it lays buried beneath the ground, with only its topmost spire visible from above ground. Many years later, the library was found and discovered once again by Shuren. Now that they are updated every single day, it is possible to find books about any topic.
    Spoiler:

-Non-Vizard visitors are to gain access from here.
    -This is an on-topic thread and must be treated as such. All are welcome to post here but this means that we do require that you remain in character at all times. Off-topic behavior will be frowned upon. This includes the use of smileys/emotes or chatspeak.
    -Be sure to read at least several posts ahead of your own to allow yourself to react appropriately to the goings-on. People will be in various locations, so keep in mind that not everyone will be gathered in one little spot. To help with this list your location at the top of your post, and if you change locations be sure to note that for all to easily see.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Central Plaza, Laputa

Barely a breeze was present to disturb the tranquility of the Central Plaza. The Sun gently pulsed down on the trees and pond of the public area in Laputa as a sharp crack rung through the air. In its vicinity appeared the Captain of the Tenth Division, Raizo Shinoda. Pushing back the hood of his Captain's haori, he gazed at the floating fortress of the Visoreds. It had been a long time since he had been here. His discussion that day with Shuren, Commander of the Visoreds, hadn't gone very well. Nonetheless, Raizo had come because Shuren was the last remaining contact in the Gense with the resources to carry out the favor that the Shinigami was going to ask of him. Knowing that the Commander was certainly around somewhere, Raizo removed his haori and waited for the lack of its reiatsu-dampening effects to alert the inhabitants of Laputa to his presence.

Just under his breath, he muttered to himself.

"I sure hope that this works."
    Tetsuya Sajin | Raizo Shinoda | Shinoda Akira

Tenth Division Captain | Privaron 306

The Central Plaza

Walking through the ancient plaza, Shuren enjoyed yet another wonderful day at Laputa. Since their floating island could well be considered to be above the clouds, one could say the complications of the weather below didn’t apply to them. Yet, there was something different: an unusual change of charge in spiritual pressure. And it was familiar too. Identifying whom it was and pinpointing its location, he used one of his Hiraishin markers to disappear. An instant later, he appeared in the central plaza. The winds started to blow fiercely, as a sign of him releasing his reiatsu, and he locked his eyes on the visitor. He could remember that their last visit had been sort of rough, but for him that was behind them now. “Welcome, old friend.” he said calmly, standing still and not even moving an inch. He didn’t say another words and instead waited for the Shinigami to make an explanation of his presence.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Central Plaza, Laputa

"... Friend."

It was interesting, Raizo noted, that Shuren had greeted him as a friend. The Shinigami Captain sensed this meeting would not be as terse as their last one. He smiled and replied to the other man, stepping forward as he did so. He paused a few paces away from the Commander.

"Thank you, Shuren. It's good to see you again."

The genuinely happy look in Raizo's eyes became foggy as his mind turned to the more serious matter on which he had come to speak to the Visored about.

"I'll be honest with you, friend. I need a favor. I need a person to take something after I remove it from Soul Society and keep it safe until the proper time."

At this point, Raizo broke eye contact with his friend. His gaze drifted downwards, and he turned towards the Sun, looking at it wistfully for a moment. Then, he continued speaking.

"I'm coming to you because I have no-one else whom I can trust with this. But there's a bit of a issue I'll be forthcoming about. I cannot tell you what the thing is."

Turning back towards the Commander, Raizo reached out and grasped Shuren's shoulder. He wasn't quite sure if he and the Visored were on terms that were good enough to permit such a gesture. The Shinigami could only hope it would show the goodwill in his request as he locked eyes with Shuren.

"I will give you instructions, but I ask you to not open them until three days have passed."

Pulling back again, Raizo reached inside his robe slowly. Withdrawing a small, red leather-bound scroll in a deliberate fashion so as to not alarm his audience, Raizo held it forward.

"Will you help me, old friend?"
    Last edited by Shinoda; 03-13-2017 at 03:28 AM.

The Central Plaza

“Likewise.” uttered the Commander after hearing Raizo say it was good to see him. He could fill the joy just by looking at the man’s eyes, though there was still this different feeling he got from his aura. He couldn’t explain what it was exactly, but it was there and present. He was sure of it. He had put the man in a difficult position in the past, and that was before he realized he had nothing against him. His problem was, and had always been, with the system that governed Raizo’s race along with the ideology it instilled. Yet, the deeds had still been done and there was nothing eh could do to change it. As he didn’t know the man’s purpose of visit, he thought that could be the reason why his demeanor changed shortly into a more serious one. Shuren listened what he had to say carefully and tried to maintain eye contact, even when Raizo had shifted his own line of sight elsewhere. He remade it after continuing to speak while placing his hand on the Vizard’s shoulder. Shuren sensed the slightest hesitation coming from the Shinigami, so he relaxed his shoulder muscles to indicate that it was fine. Though when Raizo pulled out a scroll from his robe, he started staring at it.

He was thinking about everything he had told him. He didn’t like taking orders; that was a quality he had possessed ever since he had become an officer at Soul Society many years ago. It would often get him into trouble as well, but that simply was his character. There was nothing he could do to change it. However, for this particular instance he decided to discard those qualities for two reasons: firstly, the task had piqued his interest. He wasn’t particularly fond of taking chances, but he could also not deny the thrill of not knowing what this whole thing about. Secondly, whatever the scroll contained must have been incredibly important. Important enough that it was only him that Raizo could trust. To think of it, by coming he had skipped people like his Vice-Captain in entrusting the scroll. The Commander could feel something tricky going on with the scroll. Not because he didn’t trust Raizo; he only expected it to have some sort of complexity.

“I will.” he said and slowly grabbed the scroll, before carefully placing it inside his pocket. That moment he realized the source of the negative aura he had felt at the beginning. Even though it was slight, he could now see the weight of what was to come in Raizo’s eyes. Guessing that something was about to change about him and his existence, Shuren wanted to clarify several things while he still could. “Whatever quarrels we had in the past, it wasn’t necessarily because of you or me.” he explained and continued. “You have always been a good friend to me. A favor is the least I can do.” he concluded. At the end, he held his right hand out for a handshake, which was accompanied with a smile.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Central Plaza, Laputa

As Raizo accepted and shook Shuren's outstretched hand, the middle-aged Captain smiled as well. It was good to know that this last of his many loved ones, now all long dead, was still his friend. The Shinigami released his Visored counterparts hand and stepped back. Shuren hadn't reacted with any hostility - in fact, Raizo was a bit relieved that he hadn't encountered as much tension from the other man. Raizo surmised that the other man might have an idea of the gravity of the situation. He figured that Shuren would be willing to allow him to tend to his affairs.

"I'll never be able to repay this kindness, Kumori Shuren-dono. I have to go now... I'm sure you'll understand."

At this point, Raizo know he would have normally promised to see Shuren again soon. Although he would have ordinarily meant it as a pleasantry, he reflected on the fact that he was hyper-aware that in this case it would not be true. So, the Shinigami paused halfway through turning around and gestured at Shuren, then back at himself.

"But you know, I was just thinking. I've always been meaning to go head-to-head with you in a spar. I'd say that this is just as good a time as any. Any sparring grounds nearby?"

The Central Plaza / Pocket Dimension - The Grassy Plains

Nodding at Raizo’s statement, the young man watched his friend turn around and walk away. He could feel that this was his last time seeing him, but apparently the duration would soon be extended, as Raizo stopped and proposed a spar. “I guess I can spare some time for that.” thought the Commander, trying to remember when he had last fought seriously. He occasionally had spars with Shisui; although the process of the fight would differ each time, it had become somewhat boring to face the same abilities over and over again. This was a good opportunity to step out of the shadow of the usual, monotone fighting. With a smirk, he closed the distance in between slowly. Once he was standing close to Raizo, he put his right hand on his shoulder and placed a Hiraishin mark. Their surroundings simultaneously started to warp, as they left the Central Plaza and arrived in one of the many pocket dimensions Shuren had for fighting. The grassy plains stretched across a wide area. Groups of trees could be found around, though far away from the center of the field. The weather was sunny but also cool, as calm winds constantly blew through the area in a relaxing breeze. The rather big clouds added to the extraordinary setting of the landscape, whereas the lack of obstacles made the area perfect for fighting. After their arrival, Shuren shunpoed about 20 meters away from the Shinigami. “Be my guest.” he said while unsheathing his sword. He wasn’t going to use all of his power, yet it didn’t kill to be cautious either. Beginning the fight with his sword drawn was a sign of the Commander taking his opponent seriously, since he often preferred beginning with simple Kidou.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Dome of the Throne Room

Two hours later after his battle, Shuren used Hiraishin to appear on top of the dome of the Throne Room. Beneath the top was his personal quarters, though no place else offered the view he got from the highest point in Laputa. He sat down slowly. His clothes were renewed and his body was rested. While looking at the horizon he inserted his hand inside his pocket and retrieved the scroll. Without hesitating he opened it and started reading.

Tomorrow, set out to the top of the tallest mountain outside of Karakura. Top of it you will find two things. The first is an Arrancar named Oscurra del Sol. She is not of the usual sort. I know this is not of consequence to you. But please respect her; because like you, I have entrusted her with the guardianship of my greatest treasure. Oscurra will bring with her my daughter. The girl's name is Akira, and she is not like any other Shinigami either of us have met. Raise her, train her, and when the time is right, give her the Asauchi I am sending with her.

I implore you to treat Oscurra with respect. I was her only friend, and I do not want her to suffer when I am gone. And above all, care for Akira as if she was your own. One day, she may have the power to burn away the sickness and corruption that we know that infects Seireitei.

I thank you for your help, Shuren. One day you will realize I have not abandoned you with this burden. As long as Akira lives, so shall I.

- Raizo
    “He had a daughter?” thought the commander. He naturally felt surprised. Although he knew that Raizo had been married and had lost his wife at one point, he didn’t know he had a child. Other than that the message urged him to treat an Arrancar with respect and insisted the said Arrancar was not of the usual sort. Shuren felt skeptic about it. He decided to hide his disgust towards Oscurra and try to be civil, at least until she served her purpose. After placing the scroll back into his pocket he jumped down, and fell slowly towards the ground before vanishing.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…