Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasan Kingdom

"I am Knight Queen, chosen by God. Religious doesn't quite cover what I am." the woman said. She looked around at the crowd of confused men who seemed to not understand what their Queen wished of them, it would be then that she spoke in a way which would be simultaneously freeing and damning. "Knights stand down." she said and all the men dropped to their knees weapons at their sides. None would question her words but, she could practically feel the descent festering within these people. She was letting a person brandish a weapon which wasn't of God and beyond that she was not fighting against such a person. "Who are we, if not those who can foster new knowledge and understanding in the heretics? Ours is not to question, and saving a non-believer is worth so much more than his blood spilled over the stones of the road." the Knight Queen said as she allowed her weapon equip to fall away and placed the pin back within her hair to keep her ponytail in place.

"The Heretic can not be allowed to walk freely among us while he still spouts his nonsense, I hope he understands this." said the Knight Queen. Though they didn't get out much the idea that multiple dungeons existed wasn't really new to the Knight Queen, she simply had yet to think of a reasonable explanation of this to give her followers. Besides this... the man among them had already spoke heretically making it easier divert attention to him then to point out the shortcomings of her own belief system. The men around the Knight Queen looked up at her with newfound understanding. "The Knight Queen's will is God's will. And her kindness is God's kindness." they chanted making it obvious exactly how the balance of this society's teachings were kept.

To his surprise, the Knight Queen actually had her men stand down. Just the same, she then sealed her Djinn Weapon Equip. Still, the words spoken to and about him were nothing shy of annoying. "I understand a lot of things, but I don't think you do." As he spoke, he brought the base of his scythe to the ground, but left the weapon intact. "Right... So, if we're done calling me a heretic, tell me... Are there other Capturers in this land?"

The woman stared at this young man, his apparent thought that she didn't understand what was going on here, made her scoff. She understood far better than most people did. Beyond this he apparently took issue with being called a heretic. "If you didn't keep speaking like a heretic I wouldn't have to keep calling you such." the woman said apparently unamused by the things said by this young man. His question though caused several of the Knights to look up all of them completely confused by what was being asked here. "I am Knight Queen, divine and absolute. No others here are worthy of God's Power." that answer while wrapped in the rhetoric of her country was true and honest, she was indeed the only one with such a power within this place, and beyond that, no others were allowed into this country who showed such a power, for exactly the reason of this young man here. Without the ability to state that they were chosen by the same God, his power would cause confusion among the Knights causing questions of faith which the Knight Queen simply couldn't allow given her position within society. Beyond this the keeping of her faith and those of her subordinates was of the utmost importance to her, she was kind in this way.

The queen's retort prompted the outsider to step forward, stopping only when he was a breath away. He continued staring this woman in the face, as if challenging her very existence. When he was this close, he spoke to the woman in a tone low enough to go unheard by others in the vicinity. "You call me a heretic, but the power you use in the name of God is brought into this world by humans. You don't allow outsiders, but an outsider... a Magi, was the one to raise that Dungeon you captured. You and your powers are no more of a godsend than I am."

This woman looked to the young man who stepped into her personal space and heard all he had to say. Unlike most in such a situation she didn't seem to falter in fact what she had to say next would only continue to perpetuate the idea that this man spoke of, turning it slightly to fit the ideals that were known to her by her religion. "If such a person does exist, then they'd be hailed as God's Prophet. Exalted for allowing me the ability to wrap myself in God's Power. Beyond this point... I am the only one here capable of wielding this power, as I am the only person who entered the Holy Pillar and exited alive. If that isn't evidence enough of God's Divine Favor, I don't know what is. And know that this power I claimed did not solidify my place here, I was Knight Queen long before the Holy Pillar rose. Not that I expect you to get it." she explained. Even without full explanation implying that she'd only gone into the Dungeon herself to keep others from constantly not returning. Beyond that her religion spoke of the raising of these pillars as things which happened in times of great turmoil. Thus as their leader she was supposed to be at the forefront as she was right at this moment.

"Really? You people are that into this thing?" he questioned, finding the extreme nature of Sasan faith to be very unnecessary. "So you're the embodiment of God's will, and a Magi would be a prophet of God. I wonder..." With another sly grin, he raised his scythe overhead, spinning it around above himself and the Knight Queen. "What exactly does that make me, who has also obtained the power of a Dungeon?"

The Knight Queen didn't even bother looking above her head to see the scythe spinning. In fact, as long as all this man's attention was focused on her, she didn't have to worry about what would happen to her people, so this conversation in hushed tones would continue as she thought over what he should be. "I sent my daughter out into the world 3 years ago, when she returns to tell me what these others are like... their title will be determined. No sooner and no later. Until then..." she paused staring this man down. "Using powers which are directly contradictory to mine, get you labeled as against God and ignorant. But for those willing to learn the teachings of the Sasan... there is hope for salvation." again this woman's choice in words would lead one to believe she was simply in a bit of a political quandry and that this man showing such abilities before her representative of the world returned to explain and offer council he was simply in limbo as to what his standing with the Sasan people was.

"That's funny. So, let me show you something. Belior Goldoreza," he said as the spinning of his scythe came to a halt, giving him the freedom to attack with it if he so wished. He did, in fact, bring its blade down toward the Knight Queen, but he was interrupted by an approaching white-haired man's voice. "Sakurai!" the man said. He approached with a very regal air about him, placing a hand on the obviously younger male's shoulder to discourage his actions. As this happened, he bowed his head to the Knight Queen. "My apologies, Your Majesty. Has my fellow countryman been causing you trouble?"

It seemed this young lad wanted to show her something and though she could have tried to block the coming attack apparently she didn't have to. Nothing about her person flinched as they were approached by someone who possessed a rather regal air about themselves and they spoke respectfully to the Knight Queen and approached her properly and as such would be granted the utmost respect in return. "Hm, well... he interrupted my procession, did something which got him labeled a heretic by myself and my knights, caused me to have to render my favorite one unconscious, and single-handedly tried to bring into question the dogma of this nation and thus my authority..." said the queen of the behavior of the young man before her. "But youth is often synonymous with rebellion." said the woman for a moment thought of her own daughter doing something very similar three years prior. She then turned to face the man who'd bowed to her. "And who might you be?"

"Is that so? My, my, it seems you have been greatly inconvenienced. Allow me to extend the sincerest of apologies on behalf of Sakurai, myself, and our country to you, my lady." With the first formality of this meeting out of the way, the man raised his head, at which point he overshadowed the younger male next to him by standing at a height of approximately six feet and one inch. It was time now for the next formality: Introductions. "I am Keiichi of Kina's Nijimura clan. My associate here was sent to your lovely country to look for its Dungeon while I was away, but I finished with my business and decided to come here and save him a bit of time."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast