Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sasan Kingdom

The Knight Queen watched as the nature of her question, processed in this man's mind. She saw him, thinking it through the surprise mentioned there and then the turn to the grin which was so easily seen she wasn't sure what he'd be getting at by making such a statement. "Your face is incredibly honest, I said something odd to you." she said as she soon moved past this point and answered his rather odd question. "Of course I do, the Knight Queen is not exempt from our practices and regular training and practice is part of our daily routine. It cements patience and form which are both necessary to our dogma. It also proves I am still the best warrior which is why I participate." she said the idea that someone would be exempt from training simply because of higher status wasn't possible, she was Knight Queen because she was the best, and she had to prove this at every opportunity.

"Must be nice. I was disallowed from participating in training long ago. The only chance I get is with my other half, but... if you're interested... I could play around for a bit." As if to show his motives, Keiichi walked forward, swinging his blade to and fro. He wasn't sure how routine training worked among the Sasan Knights, but he knew he now wanted to participate. "As I said, I don't mean to sound forward, but I need to stretch every now and then, and I could show you what Djinn were meant to do."

"Well that is no good. How will others know what they need to strive for, if they are not allowed to know the difference between themselves and their betters?" the Knight Queen stated in response to the oddness of Keiichi being disallowed to participate in general training. His interest now was apparently in training exercises and as such she couldn't help but chuckle just a little. She believed this man to be capable of much in battle and she couldn't argue with needing to see what Djinn was capable of, but there were protocols to be followed and as such she nodded and began to explain. "Well, you will be allowed to participate if you'd like, but there is much which would have to be done before you'd be allowed to face me." she said walking towards what could be considered a throned area. "In order to face me in training, one has to be able to make it through the rest of the Knights before me. They will face you in order from weakest to strongest. This is how training is done, so that each may learn their place and strive to be better for the next time. It is arranged as individual rounds, the first to fall and be unable to continue loses, the winner gets to progress from there." she said of bouts between Knights. "If this is agreeable to you." the woman would snap her fingers and Knights would enter the open space of this area from all sides towards the center of this room readying themselves for the training exercise meant to take place and help them rank the man welcomed as an Apostle among them.

Keiichi could only smile when Evangelia asked about his would-be training partners learning from their betters. "It wouldn't help anyone, honestly. You see, the Kina Kingdom no longer has a military force," he said. A bit of disappointment was apparent within the white-haired man when the terms of this training match were laid out, but this was no major setback. If he had to face every one of the Sasan Knights, he would do so without question. However, as the knights entered the room, he sheathed his sword. He was more than ready to take on any challenger at any time, but he had a single question for the Knight Queen before this session began. "Not to be a bother, but could I perhaps face all of the knights at once?"

The Knight Queen's eyes widened. It was completely foreign as a concept that an entire country would forego a military in favor of seeing all their hopes on just a few individuals. Of course, with this in mind she figured it made more sense that he'd been denied the ability to train with others. His following request though made a small smile appear on the woman's face, and surprisingly enough it wouldn't be the first time she heard such a request. The Knights standing around him now seemed to be stunned as well. "Princess Erza is the only one allowed such a thing." they whispered among themselves which only made the Knight Queen grin a bit more. "You're right..." she said of the Knights. "Erza is the only one allowed such a thing, but I think we can trust the newcomer to have a reasonable handle on his own limits. Attack him as you would her." she said all of the Knights bowed and nodded. "The Knight Queen's will is God's will." it would be at this point that the formation around this man would change. All of the other Knights would surround him and begin to arrange themselves as if they intend to attack with some kind of astuteness and together.

"Princess Erza? You have a daughter, then. You don't look old enough to have a daughter that's combat ready," the man said nonchalantly as the knights gathered around him. They were told to attack him as they would this princess, but after taking a deep breath to mentally prepare himself, he spoke on the matter. "Small amendment: Attack me like your life depends on it." With that said, he took on a rather relaxed posture while beckoning the knights toward himself. From what he could see of their forms, he wagered that this battle would last no longer than ten seconds; two if he chose to use his Djinn.

The woman standing waiting the outcome of the battle was sort of flattered by this man's statement. And she supposed to people not from the area it wouldn't be obvious that she had a daughter at all. Unlike most women she didn't seem to have any problem discussing her age, though it would likely be shocking to all who weren't familiar with her. "I am forty-five, my daughter Erza is twenty-five. And has been a Knight since she was fourteen." she said calmly. His small amendment to the Knights didn't change anything about the way they'd arranged themselves or even their intentions. Actually, they always attacked the Princess like their lives depended on it, because she was so much more powerful than the rest of them. Basically the group arranged themselves in waves, a wave would attack immediately, aiming to force a reaction from the young man with the trained and practiced movements of their lance like spears. Depending on the reaction, the second and third waves would ready their own counter measures, this is how they operated when fighting in large numbers against a single opponent. All the while the Knight Queen watched, having high expectations of anyone who intended to take on the entirety of the Knight force all at once instead of in single combat.

"Well I'll be," Keiichi replied prior to the knights' final preparations to attack. He kept an eye peeled for their movements, and after checking them out for a moment, he decided how he would end this battle. "Caim!" he called out, summoning the power of the Djinn in his sword as he drew the weapon. In one circular slash, he aimed to cut through not only the spears of the knights attacking him, but also those of the knights on standby. This was a possible feat due to the power of the Djinn Caim, which used his Magoi to extend the range of his slashes to potentially incredible lengths. Following this slash, he immediately sheathed his katana. "And here I thought I couldn't use this one without killing anyone."

The move evoked from the white haired young man wasn't at all what any of the Knights expected. And soon enough all had their weapons cut in half, even those who hadn't been directly in line with the attack to start with. This was a shocking turn of events for all of them, and they couldn't even believe that this had happened. All of them bowed to the Knight Queen and to the power of this newcomer. "Princess Erza breaks our bodies, but an attack like this... kills something else entirely." said one of the men before he sauntered off, and the other Knights agreed. They would go off to retrieve unbroken weapons to return to their normal places sometime in the near future. It would be after such a showing that the Knight Queen herself would step off her platform removing the hairpin from her ponytail while speaking. "I haven't seen them so thoroughly beaten in a while. Initially I was confused as to why your home country would place all its faith in you, but... I can see why that is the case." she said as her magoi began to pool and water began to form down her hand and into the hairpin. As she did this a water dragon appeared to circle around her for a moment before creating a water membrane. "Spirit of Sorrow and Isolation, in the name of my Magoi, and my will to grant me a greater power, I order you and your members. Come forth, Vinea!!" she said, expanding it into a large blue sword with an ornate set of layers and a dragon decorating the area above the hilt. Beyond this the blade itself poked out of the very top, so much so that it was eventually grasped by the woman's other hand and while she held it, it was longer than she was tall, not that this seemed to matter to her. As she stepped forward after the first light step, she'd simply launch herself towards Keiichi, feeling no need to hold back against him, she pushed forward, bringing her weapon forward with the smooth and practiced motion of someone who did battle often and aiming multiple slashes toward the young man's body.

It had quickly become time for Keiichi to do battle with the Knight Queen herself. Facing the woman, he bowed as she approached. Her words about his country, while true to an extent, caused a sly grin to stretch across his face. "Pardon my manners, but you're wrong. You haven't seen a thing." This was all he had to say on the matter. Standing upright, he awaited the completion of Evangelia's Djinn Weapon Equip. When it was complete, he took a moment to appreciate its appearance. "So, you've gotten this far. That's pretty good, considering the isolation." With his sword sheathed, Keiichi seemed to have started at a disadvantage. However, as Evangelia approached baring her weapon, he drew his katana with a reverse grip of his left hand to parry the slashes as they came. "I'm guessing you don't want this place ruined." With that said, his armor began to glow, and his hair started taking on a fluffier appearance. "Spirit of Falsehood and Prestige, dwell in my body and use my Magoi to turn me into a great sorcerer! Come forth, Valefor!" Keiichi began to glow in a bright, white light. As this happened, a burst of power that occurred during the morphing of his body caused the doors to the Grand Hall to swing open, and aimed to launch Evangelia through them and into the outside world. When he emerged from this transformation, Keiichi stood with white fur in place of his hair, fox ears, nine white tails, white robes, and a third eye on his forehead. He also seemed to have eyes on the palms of his hands for some reason. Whatever the case, if he managed to push Evangelia outside, he would use the power of flight granted by Full Body Djinn Equip to follow her outdoors.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast