Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kyoto] Abandoned AT Factory

[Kyoto] Abandoned AT Factory

In the wake of the last great parts war, there was a building which was used for the wholesale research and manufacture of AT parts and specifically Regalia. In Kyoto this factory was nearly demolished and thus abandoned in the wake of some very mysterious circumstances. The skeleton of this building is slowly but surely be reclaimed by nature and is covered in moss and even a sprouting trees. It is the perfect high rise and complicated location for advanced training and an interesting venue for parts wars.

Some time after sunset, a tunnel of wind created by the second generation Sky King, Takeuchi Shoichi, reached and descended upon the ruins of the old Tokyo AT lab. Alongside the first Water Queen, the young man rode inside this wind tunnel, taking it all the way to the support beams of what would have been the second floor of this building. Surprisingly, there was still a decent amount of foothold on this floor; at least where the tunnel landed. "Eh? Did I hit the right spot?" he asked aloud as his ATs made contact with the floor.

Jinx the Water Queen of the First Generation found herself in the place she'd been aiming for. An abandoned factory she and her friends and wrecked a number of years prior to this one. It was also the one place she likely wouldn't get in any trouble for being the kind of person she was. The entire ride over, she'd been thinking of what to do for the Sky King's training, knowing what needed to be done she had decided on a training and felt the need to explain it now, even as dusk was settling in. "Fucking hell, Flyboy, I'm kinda jealous, that is one hell of a way to travel." she mentioned rolling her eyes. "And yes, this is definitely the right spot." she finished up having a look around it would serve as a good enough obstacle course to cover the problems made obvious by this young man's run, and make him way better. "Ugh, I got some set up to do, meet me by the front door in two minutes and I'll explain it to you. Go out that way..." she said a devious smirk on her face, pointing out of the side of the building towards the entrance below and to the left where a door still stood. "No peeking." she mentioned before hopping down a hole and into a the space below.

Once there assuming her instructions would be followed she began making torrents of bubbles in various sizes and shapes. These would be aligned at different points around different obstacles and between gaps all over the second floor. Jinx was quite familiar with the layout of this building, she'd once worked here, so a speed run to lay a trap for the man outside was nothing but child's play to her, and even easier given the fine tuning of her regalia by the Second Generation's Pledge Queen. 'Gotta do something really nice for Pinkie Pie. I wonder what she likes...' the girl had a thought. Though her usual motivation would be to do something fun like explode this building from the bottom floor down, took special precautions to make sure none of the bubbles would damage the major structures which held the building up. Once the various bubbles were in place, she pushed out of the front door where she expected to find the Second Generation Sky King waiting for her.

"I don't travel like that. That tunnel was for you," Shoichi replied as he rolled around the immediate area, visually inspecting the venue chosen by the Water Queen. This place was a bit weird to him; he wasn't used to places like this being old enough to have foliage growing around it. No such place existed anywhere in Miyabigaoka, but he supposed Kyoto was a more grassy place to be, so to speak. When instructed to meet the woman by the front door in precisely two minutes, Shoichi looked in the direction she aimed him toward. "Hai," he said casually. A very nonchalant stroll forward followed, ending in the young man hopping into the sky and flipping about with his hands in his pockets, until the time came to meet Jinx again. Right after she opened the door, he was descending feet-first toward the ground. When his wheels met the ground, he looked toward the Water Queen. "What was this place?"

The Water Queen seemed to find some humor in the fact that the funnel used to travel here had been created for her benefit. Obviously she could have gotten here on her own, but she could see the benefit in being able to do that faster. Once she came out the door she watched the Sky King's choice of descent and snickered. "Flashy entrance." she mentioned while rolling her eyes. In answer to the young man's question she began answering his question.

"Oh, this place? It used to be a factory where they were working on the wide scale AT research and manufacture of Regalia. And we decided it'd be best if Regalia were only really created by tuners, so we fucked this place up. It was a good weekend."
    she mentioned with a touch of nostalgia in her voice. But beyond this there was a more important explanation. "But for us, it'll be your training ground, one of the few places, I can't get in trouble for fucking shit up and that has enough variation in it to be useful to what you gotta learn." the Water Queen finished looking at the man's ATs and nodding her approval. "And before you ask, your run lacks fluidity and flexibility. Your reflexes are a bit dull and using two sets of ATs was reducing your capacity to fix those problems." she said. "But it's cool, Pinkie Pie fixed that last bit... so I'll fix the rest."

Soon enough, Shoichi learned the purpose of this building... or at least, what used to be the building's purpose, when it was functional. He could understand why Jinx and the others decided to tear the building down, as Subregalia were quite a nuisance during the last Parts War. In fact, he figured the bothersome ones that were around back then likely came from this very building. He would, of course, aim to get confirmation on this theory. "When you say they tried manufacturing Regalia, are you saying this is where they made the Subregalia from years ago?" he asked. As far as issues with his run were concerned, he supposed he could understand that his riding was shy of fluid motion. "Makes sense, yeah. Alright Teach!" he said, slamming his right fist into his left hand while grinning. "What's lesson one?"

Jinx looked at the Sky King and nodded in answer to his question, clarifying for posterity's sake. "Yes, all the Subregalia that were created bar the first one were made here. The first one, was the one which made this facility go up in the first place..." she said looking at the young man and anticipating a question she answered it. "The first Subregalia belonged to Frost Nipper by the way, made by robbing her regalia of an essential piece. She was younger than us, so she couldn't have been one of us. Seeing her run as a kid at not full capacity, let other people know it was possible to create Regalia, and this place was set up so they could try." she mentioned and now that such a situation was cleared up. She went back to the matter of his training.

He seemed to be very excited by this and Jinx couldn't help but wonder what kind of simple thing was going through this young man's mind. As but she was teaching and as such she lifted the toe of her right AT and manipulating her foot with her backwheel being the only one touching the ground she created a series of bubbles in various sizes. "Well, there isn't a lesson one." she clarified. "If the Flame Fox were teaching, and likely how he is choosing to do it with Frost Nipper, he'd do it in stages. But, fuck if I have that kinda patience." mentioned the blue haired young woman as she began pacing and swinging around one pigtail as she did so. "You are going to learn how to run properly without stopping and deal with the things in your way by use of these." she said pointing to the myriad of bubbles in front of her. "Inside I laid out an obstacle course, first run is the ground floor, because it has solid footing. You can consider that the handicap stage, because it only requires you to run. These bubbles are all made a bit differently and are mixed together within the building everywhere. Going from office to office, down a hallway, through a lab, all of it will be a fucking minefield." she mentioned thinking about it made her quite happy inside. "And because of the nature of these, your choice in movements and attacks will be limited. The bubbles themselves are set to go off and explode after they are passed, meaning, if you turn back or you stop..." the smaller set of bubbles exploded but the large one remained. It was the size of a basket ball and had now reached eye level. "These ones are special, they are the only bubbles you are permitted to attack... and you'll have to be quick about it." she mentioned as it floated up she tapped her rear wheel into the ground and caused an explosion which caused a chain reaction in smaller bubbles that had floated upwards as well. "If you fuck up and attack it too soon, you'll blow yourself up, and I am sure you've figured out how lather road bubbles work by now... so yeah." she mentioned. "Oh, and you'll have to be mindful of the wind you toss around... they'll all explode if it blows too hard and I promise you don't want that... the whole floor above could come down on top of you if you fuck up too bad. Anyways, in order to complete today's training, you have to make it up the far staircase and to the second floor. I've made all the other ways up there really dangerous so I would just do what I say and move through the building." she mentioned with a smile. "Questions?"

"Sou ka. Y'know, at this point... I feel like Subregalia wouldn't be too bad. I mean, if people didn't use them as stepping stones to reach for the Sky Regalia, they could have been fine, but... I dunno. I'm probably just talkin' outta my ass." Discarding his previous train of thought, he kept his eyes trained on the bubbles Jinx used for examples in her run-down. Combining all of his lessons into one form of training was an exciting concept to the young Sky King, and he was presently hyping himself up for what was to come. "So, keep moving and attack the big bubbles. Do it right, or get blown up. Don't throw too much wind around. That... sounds... pretty fuckin' sweet!" Of course, Shoichi was already thinking about taking the other paths up, simply to have the extra difficulty, and he was very likely to do exactly that. He did also have one question for the blue-haired woman. "So what do I do when I'm done with this?" As he asked this question, Shoichi toyed around with the air between his hands, forming numerous overlaying miniature cyclones with different swirl patterns between them for some reason or another.

Jinx looked at the Sky King and shrugged about his thoughts for the Subregalia. "That would be fine and all, until you got grown ass dumb people jacking ill equipped kids for their gear, in the case of created Subregalia that they bought or won off somebody. Or ya' know, getting a Subregalia and learning how to use it in gravity so they can wait until another tower opens and steal a good one off of a kid before their bodies have adjusted, it'd be a slaughter." she mentioned knowing that such things had happened before.

All that said the boy seemed to understand his training, and what was more seemed to be excited about it. She supposed that was a much better attitude to have about it than defeatism or anger. Beyond this, he seemed to question what would be done after. "Uh? After you finish this lesson, you get a lesson in relaxation, it's something missing from your generation, and the Flame Fox will never let me hear the end of it, if I let you wind yourself too tightly to run properly." mentioned the Water Queen. "Well, unless you mean after you complete the lessons. In that case I intend to increase the difficulty until you can take the entire building without stopping. Once that is the case, I'll teach ya' how to Zone properly."

Jinx's answer to his question left Shoichi a bit bemused. He had come here expecting quite a hardcore training session, but he supposed it would last for weeks, so he couldn't expect any one task to take an incredible amount of each day. While he continued molding the wind in his hands, eventually forming spheres of wind. Once he'd finished toying around with this enough, he dispersed the air. "Got it. Get to the goal, finish the session, relax. I may as well work myself up a relaxing mood then, huh?" he asked in a rhetorical fashion. Shoichi fully intended to take all possible routes to the second floor, no matter how dangerous they may have been, and take the recommended path simply as a victory lap in the end. "One last thing," he said as he turned toward the building. "Those dangerous ways up you mentioned... do they have the bubbles I'm supposed to shoot too?"

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast