Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kyoto] Abandoned AT Factory

The Water Queen was setting up a couple of floors, with all of the same bubbles that she'd used yesterday and something a bit new beyond that. It was the anti-bubble which would bring a bit more variety to the Sky King's choices. They would pop more explosively and much more easily since they were more dense given the weight of water and the ratio of water to gas. But unlike the other bubbles on the course that floated high, these sank impossibly low falling from holes in the second floor down into the first floor and barely missing disrupting the other bubbles. This would add a bit more variety to the young man and force him into some faster paced thinking situations. Upon making her exit, she'd all but finished her cigarette and was flicking the butt away from herself and the Sky King who was already eating marshmallows after what she assumed was his breakfast. "Fuckin hell, I thought you'd be brighter than that... your lack of memory about last night... has almost nothing to do with your lack of drinking ability and everything to do with who you spent most of last night as. At least, your own explanation of the other you... seems to back that theory." she explained with a smirk. "Fuck, and good mornin' Fly Boy."

"Huh? Was I Roze again last night?" he questioned with a marshmallow held in front of his mouth. "I guess that would explain it, too, but... like I said, those moments just kind of feel natural when they're happening. I never think anything of it, even in hindsight. What happened?" he asked. Continuing with his post-breakfast snack, he looked toward the factory, wondering what new challenge was in store for him this day. "Good morning. You want?" To clarify what he meant by his question, the Sky King held the open bag of marshmallows out toward the blue-haired woman.

"Fuckin' hell, yeah, you were a little Roze last night... well, not completely but some." she said rolling her eyes. She didn't know if the boy knew of the other piece of himself. It would make sense if he didn't, when the Water Queen thought about it, his base personality was very similar to the Flame King's, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to be the one to tell him such truths. That was a lot of responsibility and she wasn't sure she wanted that at all. So instead she deflected further, choosing to discuss the happenings of the night in earnest. "We had smokes and tequila shots in the Jacuzzi, you made a fucking awesome pole in the bedroom, I'm sure you saw it... and we danced a bit cause we couldn't decide on a card game or stakes." she mentioned of their evening. All and all it was more or less a sleep over, she enjoyed that. When asked if she wanted she looked to the bag of marshmallows and couldn't really turn them down, she reached for the bag and grabbed a couple. "Thank you~"

"Smokes, shots, and... dancing?" he questioned, though he never intended to receive any sort of answer. Moving right along, Shoichi waited until Jinx had finished digging into the marshmallow bag. Then, and only then, did he decide to ask about today's training. "So, what are we looking at today?"

Jinx tossed a marshmallow up into the air then tilted her head back to catch it in her mouth, which she did and it amused the hell out of the young woman. She'd chew it up and nod. "Yeah, wouldn't want you doing anything you'd regret while you can't remember." she mentioned. Which was odd, the blue haired woman didn't seem to care about much, but she apparently considered the young Sky King friend enough that she worried about him, or perhaps it was a bit left over from her worries about the other people he was. But the conversation moved right along, and saved her from having to think too much about the details.

"Today is a slightly different obstacle course, sames rules and with the same general sets of things as before, but I upped the difficulty a bit." she said tilting her left foot back as she created what was essentially an anti-bubble it floated up but it was so heavy it only made it just above her hand. It was large, but not as big as the shooters and it was seemingly tensely held together. "This is my Ripple, I'm sure you remember our first run... when I showed you how to move the light~. We'll this is the combat version of it. I don't use it very much... but I figured your run yesterday went too well. You could call it... an anti-bubble." she mentioned with a wicked smirk. To her credit these were even more dangerous than the explosive other ones. "Fuck, how to explain... it's like a regular bubble. But instead of being water stretched out thin by gas, it's a thin bit of gas... holding together a bunch of water. It's really fucking dense, and at this size... very temperamental." Jinx mentioned her very last marshmallow she tossed up into the air before launching herself backwards really hard because the coming explosion was about 5 times greater than a normal one. A delighted giggle escaped the blue haired woman thereafter.

Jinx went on to explain a very interesting and different bubble, which she seemed to have implemented in this course. When she was done with the explanation, she moved back to clear the rather large explosion, which Shoichi found himself being knocked back by. When he recovered, he was smiling at the prospect of this new challenge. "Sugoi! That's a nasty trick ya' got there! This is gonna be all kinds of fun; just point me to the goal!"

"Yeah..." the woman said of her trick. It was quite nasty when she thought about it, which is probably why she generally kept them much smaller and only really used them in an illusory manner. But the boy's skills needed sharpening and she figured near death experiences were the easiest way to get the desired result. Beyond this the Sky King seemed pretty stoked on her new trick, it was rare outside of her friend group for there not to be a major freak out about things like giant Ripples being created all over the place. "Fuckin' hell, excitable as ever. Show you something that could just kill ya' and you're like... point me towards the goal." the girl said palming her own face. It was always amazing to her when people were amazed by her destructive potential, as she often times tried not to be too destructive at all. "The goal... this time is about halfway through the third floor. It's a rock with pink paint on it, totally can't miss it. Bring it back to me with your body intact and I'll call it done." she mentioned with a roll of her eyes. This day's course was laced intermittently with these new ripples which would have different timing and much more explosive potential than the normal bubbles. If the Sky King weren't careful, he'd find it very easy to start a chain reaction which could kill him given the strength of the bubbles.

"I'd tell ya' to be careful, but I fuckin' think caution is wasted on ya' and that's a lot coming from me." she said offering a smile. "Go on, my pet rock ain't gonna find himself."

Shoichi was soon given a goal in the form of a pink rock on the third floor. Now that he had a target, he could get started. Smacking his right fist into his left palm, he began a gradual forward roll. "Osu! Get to floor 3, grab pink rock, fuck the caution! Gotcha!" With that said, he tossed his marshmallow bag in Jinx's direction, then darted toward the building. Shortly after he took off, the explosions began. One could see Shoichi continuously changing his angle of approach to slip between the normal bubbles while shooting vacuum spheres at the 'shooters' as they were called. It was only a matter of minutes, though, before the explosion of an anti-bubble caused a chain-explosion of the bubbles near the Sky King. He emerged from this with tattered clothes and arms crossed over his face, bruises forming along his arms and legs. 'Damn... Those are no joke. I'm gonna have to go at this a different way.'

She watched as the boy excitedly hurried off. Looking up at the building her eyes had shifted to the brilliant blue around the core of her bright magenta. She was watching this boy's body as he worked and becoming a bit antsy about it. With that in mind the Water Queen began to pace, swinging about that pigtail of hers in her left hand as she chewed on the bottom left corner of her lip. 'Ugh, maybe I went in on the Ripples too early?' she thought as one of them caused a chain explosion that the Sky King was soon caught in. All the training in the world wouldn't do him any good if he died while trying to complete it. "Fuckin' hell, Fly Boy if you die in there, I'll kill you!" she said this nonsensical thing in the face of her own anxiety and it was a threat, but she meant it, he wasn't allowed to fail this way.

"That doesn't make any sense!" Shoichi exclaimed as he darted away from another impending explosion. To be perfectly honest, he had underestimated the increased difficulty of this training, but Shoichi truly believed there was no challenge that couldn't be overcome with the right approach. As such, he didn't shy away from the next part of the course, remembering that this was an exercise in fluidity. This meant to him that he couldn't let himself get worked up over what was happening. Perhaps he could think of the right approach... and perhaps he had just done so in that moment. There was nothing he could do if the anti-bubbles exploded, as they were certain to blow up everything else in the area with them. But...

"That's it!" he said to himself as he began moving specifically around every small, normal bubble in the course. In doing so, he triggered their explosions while still dealing with the shooters and keeping away from the anti-bubbles. This caused things to take quite a bit longer, as he was required by his own decision to make many movements away from his own goal, but doing so would make it so the only thing he had to worry about from the anti-bubbles, was the single explosion they would each cause.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast