Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kyoto] Abandoned AT Factory

"Even if ya' do prune, that is one of the few things I can fix~" the Water Queen mentioned. She never had a problem with overt water exposure, her skin wasn't prone to losing moisture, beyond that she could very easily restore the flow of blood to tissues thus restoring their plumpness and elasticity without much of a problem. Beyond this the young man seemed to have a pretty good handle on tv schedules and asked if she'd heard of a show, the Water Queen couldn't say she had but it sounded like some good bit of television. "Nope, never heard of it, but Back to the Future was a classic and fuck it, I'll give anything a shot." she didn't have any real preference on TV. And she was the type of person to make extra sure she'd like or dislike something thoroughly. That being said the young woman grabbed what appeared to be a pear from the floating tray and had a go at it. She hadn't had one in a long time, but her time away from her friends meant she could enjoy it.

"That's the spirit; try anything and everything twice!" the Sky King said, sharing a bit of his own philosophy with the blue-haired woman. After settling on a show that was mutually agreed upon, he set aside the remote. Shoichi then reached for the tray to claim an apple to eat while he relaxed. "So uhh... conversation's a bit weird..."

A laugh came from the Water Queen and it was genuine from some place deep inside her person that was truly amused by the idea of trying anything twice. "Fuckin' hell, if I did that... my rap sheet would be miles long~" mentioned the young woman as they sat and watched tv. She was fine with this, apparently fine with the silence, but the Sky King mentioned their conversations were weird which made her flick her gaze over to the young man. She'd been devouring her pear, but now that she was finishing up chewing she'd decided to speak. "Fuck, well, it is a little, but... I've definitely had weirder conversations~" she mentioned with a smirk. "It's probably just weird, 'cause we don't actually know each other... well... " she paused because she realized the Sky King was probably more familiar with dealing with the type of person she would have been as a teen, if only because of his exposure to the girl that was mentally similar. She thought about how she felt about that at the moment and knew an activity which would make them friends. She glanced over him, thinking about giving him a bit more time to rest up before she made such an offer... after all, she saw the dark clouds moving in and could smell the rain in the sky.

"I don't mean anything like that, but like... food and stuff like that. Try it twice; the second time to make sure the first wasn't a fluke. If you don't try it twice, you might miss out on something good 'cause of a bad first experience." When Shoichi finished explaining his philosophy, he bit into the apple in his hand. As he chewed it, Jinx explained her opinion of why their conversations were so strange. He had to agree, but it was a bit more strange for him. "Well, yeah, but... I do know you. I mean, since yesterday, I realize I have memories with you. Even though they're not my memories, I see them the same way I see my own."

Jinx listened to the young man talk about what he really meant about trying things twice and she pouted just a bit, falling into an old habit she had around her friend which was rarer in her behavior now. "Aww, fuck, I was about to go do a bunch of shit to see what else I actually liked~" she said chuckling just a little. "I suppose it still makes sense, but I can't use it as a justification for the random shit I would do... but for non-criminal shit, I'll try and keep an open mind."the Water Queen said, but she didn't actually need any excuse to do anything. She was the sort of person who would just as well try something because she was bored or left alone too long.

Beyond this, the Sky King seemed to be in agreement that they didn't really know each other but explained that he had memories with her as if they were his own. The thought of someone having someone else's memories and not being able to separate them from their own made her eyes go wide. Now in thinking about it from her own perspective, she often felt like she knew this young man, and assuming that her assumption about his connection to her two favorite people was correct, then she did, it explained a lot about why she'd changed her mind about him, and beyond that why she was relaxed enough around him to be herself. From the other side of that, she couldn't imagine it wouldn't be confusing. "Fuck, that's like... that sounds.... it's just fucked up." she stated bluntly after trying a few times to come up with something nice to say. Staring at the young man and felt a bit bad for the things he must occasionally remember that have nothing to do with him, beyond this... she realized that life must not be easy at all for her own Brain Charger either. She tried to think of what it must feel like to have a conversation with someone like they are your friend, while actively knowing you don't know them, or while not really being able to separate your own interactions from the ones of the past. This made the woman a bit concerned, given who the Flame King would be spending a month with.

"Don't give me that look," Shoichi said while shifting his eyes toward the Water Queen. "It's not really as bad as it sounds, and I've gotten used to it." With that said, he took a few more bites from the apple. He found himself about halfway through the thing by the time he continued speaking on the matter. "Actually, even without the memories, I feel like I know you. You remind me a lot of a very close friend. It's... kind of a freaky resemblance, actually."

The blue haired woman scoffed at Shoichi's words. If only because it sounded outlandish to her. "Fuck, totally fine then. Experiencing other people's memories and feeling familiar with people that up to this point you'd never physically met before." her minor tirade finished it seemed the Sky King had more to say, and what he had to say made her chuckle just a little. She already knew exactly which friend he was reminded of when being around her, but she was a bit confused as to why this still wasn't an obvious thing to the young man. "Ya' don't say..." she said feeling a bit cheeky about knowing why this supposed freaky resemblance was the case. "Fuck, don't keep me in suspense, explain.~"

Shoichi was mid-bite when Jinx requested, or even demanded, an explanation for is clause. With a quizzical expression, he pulled his teeth from the apple, leaving bite marks in the segment he had been meaning to take from it, all in order to think and respond. "Well, when I met this friend outside of the tower, she went on seeming to hate my guts for some years, even though we were on the same side... even the same team. It all just randomly changed one day when we were training, but I don't know if it had anything to do with her getting her memories of the tower back or not. Anyway, you both have a lot of similarities. The hard exterior with a show of positive intentions every now and then, the vulgar tongue, the backwards riding... If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was a Brain Charger. Yours, specifically."

Jinx waited on the explanation and found the extra information about the Ice Queen's younger self more than a bit amusing, and beyond that, very very familiar. A smirk crossed her face at this moment as it was kind of like hearing about her own childhood, only without the lost memories and separation. Upon his finishing of his sentences about the Ice Queen she couldn't help but look at him and really wonder if he was having that hard a time making the assumption the girl was her brain charger. "Fuckin' hell, you said it I didn't." the woman mentioned. The small girl was obviously her Brain Charger... perhaps the young man would catch up, perhaps she could push him to. "All that sounds kinda like me actually. I get the similarities. When I was a kid... I used to torture my best friend, well before we were really friends and even after for a while. Yelling at him, leaving bubbles everywhere, accusing him of ruining my fun..."

The more Jinx spoke about her similar situation, the more it cemented the idea of similarities between the two women. This, combined with her initial reaction to the theory, made Shoichi stare at the Water Queen. "But that's..." he started. The way she said she treated her now closest friend was, to be frank, exactly like the way Chiyo had treated him in previous years. However, he had a hard time believing this theory could even be the slightest bit factual. "But that's not possible... right? I mean... Subject 002 was someone else, and Chiyo wasn't in the tower then..."

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast