Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kyoto] Abandoned AT Factory

Jinx found herself looking at the young man before her and was stunned by his attitude. Something about it seemed familiar but not in the way she expected. "Uh-huh." she said not knowing what to make of it at first. Then after a few seconds ponytail still swinging as she thought she had a more concrete way of speaking. "Fuckin' hell get to work already. Patience not a virtue." mentioned the blue haired woman who wasn't at all known for being nice or patience so the idea of her teaching anyone anything was rather foreign though apparently she'd done it before. The one last question made the woman pause. She closed her eyes and opened them, mostly because she'd created the path without thinking too much but also had done so with the intention of making them difficult. Of the paths he wasn't supposed to take he blue ring in her eyes around their normal magenta core would alert the young man to the usage of her special eye. "Fuck, yeah. Some of them do, the danger in them has a lot to do with the placement of the shooters... I could tell you why... but fuck if I feel like being that generous." with this statement made Jinx expected this young man to get to work, but she didn't deactivate her eye. No she fully intended to keep an eye on him this way from the outside, and cause some explosions if he got too complacent.

"Sweet. I'll take 'em all. Check my time," he said while looking over his shoulder at the blue-haired woman, showing a cheeky grin and pupils surrounded by the wings that marked his special eye. When he turned back around, his excitement showed in full. "Osu!" he exclaimed, clapping his hands with his right pointed down and his left pointed up. His hands separated as he began to move, creating a vacuum ball of air betwixt them. The first path he took was the most solid bit of wall on the outside of the first floor, which led to the opening on floor 2. He could see how every bubble disturbed the wind, making it an easy feat to avoid them as he moved. The problem he was seeing was the amount of large bubbles here, and though he swayed to and fro to avoid the smaller ones and their explosions, he could assume the larger ones would create a chain reaction of explosions that he couldn't avoid so easily while being this close. So, Shoichi made an executive decision based on what he saw and gathered of this route up. There were nine larger bubbles here, all close enough to lines of smaller ones that weren't along the same path as him. No, they were instead on a path between the larger bubbles. Shoichi's decision was based on this, and involved him avoiding the throwing of his vacuum ball at any of the large bubbles, realizing before doing so that it would just cause the later bubbles to damage him by the time he reached where they were. He continued moving through the course while holding on to the vacuum ball, choosing not to release it until he'd passed all of them. At this point, he turned around and shot the large bubble closest to him while continuing upward into the sky, clearing the chain of explosions as they occurred. From above, he had a better view of the other routes, and thus the ability to determine how he would approach the next one. "Whew! Think you're trying to kill me hard enough with these things?"

The Water Queen began using the timer on her phone while watching the boy work. "This cheeky fucker." said the woman rolling her eyes though this conversation was a bit nostalgic for her. She hadn't expressed he couldn't use his special eye, though she was unsure what it allowed him to see, she could only see good coming from its use. She didn't know what she expected, but at the very least he seemed to respond pretty well, to the kind of training she had in mind. She found it odd that he decided to take all routes instead of just the one he was meant to, but she supposed the less time he spent figuring out how to run, and the more he spent actually running the better off him and his skills would be. Beyond this, at the very least he seemed capable of thinking on his feet, as he took the first unintended route in a way which allowed him not to take damage from all the bubbles she'd left behind there. "Fuckin' hell." she said to herself as the boy got his extra boost and got the lay of the land she commented in a most haphazard way about his apparent thoughts of her trying to kill him. "Naw, fuck that, I obviously didn't try hard enough. One minute thirty seconds, not bad, but that's lap one... keep fucking moving!" the woman outright made this demand, and she was always sort of this way, in addition to her normal antics.

She then had a thought and such a thought made her find a number in her phone and dial it, while the Sky King continued his work. Mostly because she hadn't thought of where they'd stay while here, there was no point going all the way back to Miyabigaoka. And the home she used to keep here, had already been wrecked, with that in mind she found herself phoning a teen of the 3rd Generation. A young man by the name of Hoshigaki Hayato, whose number was in her phone under the nickname 'Spolsion Man.

"Right!" he said when told to keep moving. He aimed himself face-down while holding his hands back to give himself a wind boost toward the ground at a slight angle. He took himself to another wall, choosing to take this one in reverse. There was no perceivable way to overcome this one, but Jinx did stress that the additional paths were dangerous. In this case, the bubbles were all sort of jumbled together in a sphere, and given the radius of the explosions, they would all be blowing up in a chain-reaction this time. This session required the Sky King to think on his feet right out of the gate, but making things up as he went was the way of Shoichi anyway. He quickly descended into the center of this set of obstacles, starting a continuous spiral as he did so. This caused the wind from his hands to sweep up all bubbles, both small and large, on this side of the course. When Shoichi finished spinning, he forced all the winds onto one location above him as he continued falling, causing the bubbles to create one massive explosion in the air. As this happened, Shoichi reached the ground again, moving on to the next lap.

In the meantime, the silver-haired Blast King was sitting in the Tokyo Skytree his team had taken as a base, enjoying his usual gaming session, when his phone rang. He didn't bother checking to see who was calling him, choosing instead to just answer it and tuck his phone between his face and left shoulder, as to not interrupt the session. "Talk," he said as the obvious sound of controller buttons being pressed intensified.

'Atta boy.' the girl thought only to go back to what she'd been doing previously. Watching the antics of the Sky King as he adjusted to the danger of the situations she'd laid out with the bubbles her road created. Under other circumstances she'd likely feel bad for doing such things, but now she sincerely figured it was for is betterment. As such she kept an eye on his progress twirling that one pigtail around in her head as she made a phone call.

When told to speak the woman chuckled just a little. "Yo, 'Spolsion Man, I need a small favor." she stated knowing that this favor was none too small but nothing outside of the boy's skill set. "I am kinda hold up in Kyoto for a while training this baby Sky King, and I need a presidential suite or a penthouse room for like a month, with a jaccuzi tub in. Oh and stuff... medical supplies, liquor and smokes. Can ya' do that for me?" she asked cutting straight to the point with no mixing of words in between. While she did this she finished taking in the antics of the Sky King commenting on it, pulling the phone away from her ear for a moment to confirm the lap time and start the next one. "10 seconds. That isn't much progress considering that section was easier. Fuckin' hell." the woman said apparently unimpressed.

"A minute and twenty seconds off, but not much improvement. Heh. Let's see then." Shoichi's next path took him into the building, where he found the first floor littered with bubbles of different types. After entering, he decided to try something new. He'd never been through an obstacle course such as this before, but he found it quite fun. In this case, he sent the gentlest of breezes throughout the building, paying mind to how the wind moved. The best path taken by the wind itself would be the path Shoichi ended up taking for himself. He clapped numerous times throughout this path, creating vacuum balls large enough to engulf the bubbles he threw them toward, preventing their explosion, but small enough to slip through the spaces between the obstacle bubbles.

"Everybody needs a favor. I don't pick up the phone to chat," Hayato replied, listening from then on to hear this favor Jinx needed of him. When he heard the favor, he exited the session he was in, heaving a sigh after realizing what this would require. "If you had waited around last time, you could have gotten a card. Now I have to go all the way to Kyoto and shit," he said. A small grunt would be heard afterwards, as the boy got out of his chair and went about donning pants and the like. "Fine. I'll be there when I can. What are ya' drinkin' and what are ya' smokin'?"

Jinx was watching the Sky King and finding his cheeky reaction to her apparent disapproval kind of funny. "Yeah, yeah... fucking do something worth looking at, and I'll be inclined to praise." mentioned the woman who could hear the person she was talking with on the phone getting ready for something.

The young man was much like herself in his general distaste and attitude and she could respect that. "Yeah, yeah, I had something ta' do. Community Service sucks..." she mentioned. When the boy went on to say that he'd be there when he could a huge grin broke across the woman's face. As for the questions of what she was drinking and smokin'. "Drinking tequila doesn't matter what brand preferably gold. And... Camel Silvers.. I need like 3 packs...." she said looking at the young Sky King and feeling both a bit of admiration and annoyance. "Make that four, this kid makes me feel annoyed inside. Thank you~" the woman said, this would be followed by her hanging up the phone on the young man knowing that she didn't really want to be on the phone that long in the first place.

"I'll give ya' something worth looking at alright," the Sky King replied. Once he said this, he darted straight forward, aiming himself at the staircase that would lead him to the second floor. While moving, he flipped himself upside down and created another vacuum, this one to surround himself with for the sake of interrupting the wind caused by his movements, as well as granting him an incredible speed boost. Before stepping inside, though, he fired numerous smaller balls at the other shooters in the vicinity all at once. Though all bubbles on the first floor would be exploding from this effort, his vacuum ball jettisoned him toward the stairs before they even had time to do so. As he approached the next set of obstacles, he created a temporary hole in the vacuum to unleash a laser of wind up the corridor. When the vacuum sealed again, its effect and its speed boost let him travel through the center of the laser, thus forcing it to spread outward while he cleared the staircase. In the end, Shoichi was once again launching himself into the sky after reaching the final checkpoint. A wide grin was upon his face as he spoke to the Water Queen below. "You never said I couldn't move the obstacles out of my way. That counts then, yeah?"

"I'll be the judge of that~" the woman said, this conversation was odd to her. She supposed since she was no longer just opposed to the young man the shift in their conversation style made sense. But... she'd expected this whole thing to be more like having a conversation with Roze, but every time he spoke... he reminded her of Kurama instead. 'Wait... wait... what?!' the woman's thoughts were cut short though as the young man found a rather interesting solution to the problems presented by the conditions she'd given for completing the obstacle course.

She looked at the time now recorded on her phone, and it was interesting. Of course, she found it so, because the course in its entirety had taken her two minutes to put together, and it'd taken the boy approximately 3 minutes to clear in all facets considering the stipulations put on it. Even considering the extra skill, she'd expected it to take at least double time... but perhaps, he hadn't been given enough credit for being able to think on his feet. 'Hmm... that's actually respectable.' the woman thought. He'd followed all her rules and even thought of a way to speed around and move through the course she'd set up. "Fuck. I hate to admit it, but that was pretty fucking cute." she said. "So, fuck, I can give a pass on that, and I suppose I'll have to try a bit harder to make sure that you almost die next time... now that I know you can get around it at base level." said the woman. She was quite serious about upping the level of difficulty as she increased the size of his obstacle course.

When Jinx acknowledged the pure, unadulterated badassery, as Shoichi would call it, the Sky King closed his eyes and ran his thumb across his own chin. "Up the challenge as much as you want. It'll be fun. I had a pretty good time running those laps, actually." Shoichi took a deep breath, placing his hands on his waistline while leaning back to stretch. If the rest of training was like this, and steadily increasing in difficulty to boot, this was going to be a very fun month. "So... what's next, teach?"

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast