Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trophaeum City

"Of course there's a use for it. This entire Road of ours is a giant, double-edged sword. We take damage when we fight, but we do even more damage to who we're fighting, if we get it right. That's what's going to make you bloom into the next Rose. Renowned... alluring... and painful." Without further ado, Roze walked away from the window, grabbing her ATs en route to an anti-gravity corridor. She rode the corridor up, relative to how she had been previously, and was taken to the upside-down half of the city some moments later. Assuming Akiza followed, the woman would still be speaking. "The name Roze came from a trick I used once. It was an accident. I built up nitrogen for shock absorption, but I did it a bit too much, and I was bleeding when it happened. The next time I used a thorn, it went through the blood. It was kinda pretty. Looked like a rose with the splash that happened as the thorn went through."

"Hm... I suppose that is true." the girl said as she followed Roze. She didn't know why, but she really didn't want to be too far out of range of the woman who still made her feel a bit off. With this in mind she was behind the woman when she grabbed her regalia and hopped into an anti-gravity tube and thus heard the entire explanation of the trick which she wanted the girl to give her. The furthered explanation of the trick she'd used and why she'd been named Roze made the girl chuckle just a bit. "That's different. I am always bleeding at the end of a fight, but I've never tried shooting a thorn through blood before." She concluded, her extremities were covered in scars from the battles she had and then covered by gloves and accessories because she saw them as marks of her failures. But perhaps her tendency to take damage would be useful to her in some way. "That's a pretty good idea... actually..." the girl's mind began to work overtime as she started thinking of other things, but she'd be able to work on that a bit later.

"I don't think that's something one would think of doing. Like I said, it was an accident when I did it, but it won me that fight. If you're going to get all battered up anyway, you may as well learn how to use it to your advantage." Roze never stopped moving once she reached the city. That is, she kept moving forward until she reached a closed section of the city which a key card from her person permitted access to. This was an area larger in size than the tower, with buildings and all, but... with no gravity. Floating out into the open space, she turned around to face Akiza. "So... step one." With no warning aside from her previous words, the woman threw her Regalia at the Thorn Queen while hopping overhead. From above, she would twirl and kick numerous times over the course of two seconds to unleash a shower of thorns upon the girl.

"Hai hai!~" the young Thorn Queen said with a grin. She could at least see the point of this, but soon enough she and Roze were entering a closed off part of the city, which was a city but without gravity. This was kind of stunning, given the effect gravity tended to have on the young woman, the lack of it, made her rather pleased. But she didn't really get a chance to enjoy this, as soon enough, the woman said something about step one, but before this could be properly questioned, Roze tossed her Regalia at Akiza. This prompted the young woman on a reflex to catch the regalia, which would happen only to end in the girl being riddled with thorns kicked out by the First Generation Sky Queen's bare feet. She was hit an innumerable number of times, but only seemed to be a tad phased by it. Her body took the hits and she was pricked multiple times, but she'd had a lot happen to her in the past, she seemed really easily capable of shaking it off. "Ouch. Shit, a bit of warning would be nice." she said as she rotated her shoulders and tossed the woman's regalia up and into the air.

"You had a warning. I said step one." As she descended, Akiza threw the Sky Regalia overhead. Roze twisted and turned, eventually kicking into each AT and lacing them just before landing. "That ought to do the trick. So, now let's see how you operate. I'm not going to guide you through this like the others would in my shoes. I'll tell you what to do, and I expect you to do it. So... let's see you plant some roses."

'Great warning.' the girl thought as she rolled her eyes. It was becoming obvious to her that this woman was particularly disagreeable about things, but she wasn't the worst person she'd ever come across in life. With this in mind she began to breathe pretty quickly. Actually that isn't the thing, she went from calm to hyperventilating in just a few seconds, as she hopped into the air herself. Her regalia in its resting state was rather odd looking like a single sock line up to her knee and large pieces around the outside with several spikes, including one inches long at the back of her foot. "Also, you fixed up my regalia, and she's really picky now, it took me a whole day to get her to activate after..." the pink haired girl mentioned, figuring the woman would know what she meant as she jumped into the air there was a kick ensuing from the girl's hip down to the tip of her toe done with each leg in rapid succession with a twisting motion applied like she was dancing in a circle but all the way down her body. These movements were exceedingly flamboyant and necessary to get her regalia to work. Doing so caused them to unfurl, turning into large spiky heels balanced atop a single wheel. They were very aggressive looking pieces wrapped around her legs, and since she was up in the air, her breathing hadn't gotten any deeper, if anything it was more shallow and as blood streamed down her arm she flung her wrist outward. A spray of blood would happen but because of the lack of gravity, each droplet stayed suspended in the air. A smile crossed her face as these were considerably darker than blood which normally dropped from people.

'Hmm... just hitting them should do it huh.'
    she thought as she pulled back the string on her bow at her right ankle. Doing so would create an arrow like sonic boom which she would fire, though given the dexterity of hand she would fire about three in rapid succession down her legs and through the the black blood creating a trio of black rose like splashes as they aimed to rain down on the Sky Queen. Such a thing was pretty easy to put together with the explanation, even so, the girl's breathing was still very rapid.

"There's a reason for that," Roze stated. In the face of Akiza's rose attacks, which were surprisingly darker than what Roze herself had once managed to produce, Roze began shifting her body to and fro. Each of the roses bypassed her as a result, only to be swept out of existence by a lashing thorn whip while behind the woman. "You kids need inhibitors before you become strong. I knew I'd end up giving you this training when I found your Regalia, so I made sure I applied the same limit to you that everyone with Regalia should have. That limit is... if you're going to use it, you better mean it. Now, show me something else."

In hearing about the reason that her Regalia would no longer easily activate she supposed she could understand. There were several in her generation who needed those kinds of boundaries as they were simply likely to fly off the handle accidentally. Akiza didn't consider herself to be one of those people, but for the good of the group she could accept such a logic being applied to herself as well. "Mendokuse, someone ruining Regalia privileges for all of us, huh?" she was almost amused, beyond this the Sky Queen outright demanded to be shown something else, so a cheeky smile came to the girl's face. She could continue showing off her tricks, under the assumption that someone with the title of Sky would be more than capable of handling it.

As such Akiza began to spin, a rapid motion which started at her hips fired off thorns from her feet without use of the bow attached to her ankle. Even so these seemed to creep around moving inward to the Sky Queen but none seemed to be intended to touch her, they just seemed to be scattered randomly. Beyond this she drew back the bow on her left leg, with her left arm, which would aim to spring the trap she'd just sprung in a single moment, where in all of the randomly laid thorns would close in on each other aiming to lock the Sky Queen's legs to the ground.

Whatever this Thorn Queen had in store for her, Roze was certain she would not be very impressed by it. To her surprise, it was a set of thorns brought together in such a way that they could create bindings on impact. It was, indeed, quite interesting, especially when Roze considered that the Regalia had not been absolutely necessary for this trick's production. Though she still maneuvered around these attacks while moving closer to Akiza, she had to give credit where it was due. "Not bad. But, you can do better. You can be the best your generation has to offer. I hardly want to admit it, but that rose of yours was more advanced than the one I once used."

"That was a compliment." she stated as if this was the last possible thing she expected from the white haired woman before her. Of course, given that this woman thought she could do better, Akiza somewhat felt the need to show her what better was. Of course, she had one idea, she'd been thinking about since the mention of roses and the idea of blood being part of her attack. "Well, I suppose I can try this now... since it won't hurt, rather the recoil won't hurt. And you can tell me what you think~" the pink haired girl mentioned as she turned she would rocket herself into a rapid spin, lifting her still bleeding left arm she'd spray droplets of blood around the room, and in so doing begin nailing them at random with thorns created by the whipping motion her body was taking as she kicked. This began making roses and thorns indiscriminately in a manner very different from even her infinity atmosphere. It was a garden of black thorns, vine like thorn whips and roses which were building up in the area round herself and the Sky Queen, being fed by the Thorn Queen's own blood. If left unhindered it would very nearly trap them both, in the concussive sonic booms and nearly suffocate them even forcing Akiza further towards the ground even as she spun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast