Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trophaeum City

"I guess you can call it that," Roze said as she crossed her arms. There was a certain amount she expected to see from this girl before she could consider the training complete, and given the look in the Thorn Queen's eyes, she thought she just might get what she was hoping for. With a nonchalant smile, she voiced her opinion on Akiza's plan. "Alright then..." Roze didn't seem to care much for the field of thorns and whips that had been created. In fact, the hind wheels of her ATs unraveled into whip-like extensions while producing whips of thorns to counteract Akiza's production of roses by tearing them apart as they formed. This also caused significant damage to the area around Roze, but she cared not for any of this. "Impress me~"

The Thorn Queen was having a pretty good time, besides that her predecessor's words struck a cord with her which made her feel very oddly. The girl soon found herself standing before a metaphorical door as she got into this moment she touched the ground with her eyes closed, knowing of the destruction taking place around Roze and finding it to be just the sort of push she needed. The kind of push which would let her slip into the doors which had opened just a crack to let her in. But this might not have been the direction which the Sky Queen wished to push this interaction. "You're in luck, Takeuchi-san~" the girl said and when she opened those golden brown eyes of hers they were streaked with lightning and she seemed to be quite happy, though her hyperventilation had reached a critical level, and she slipped into the Zone. "I feel like showing off."

And with that she began to spin, but it seemed to continue to feed the trap she'd already laid, and beyond that her flexibility and speed had already increased drastically. As this happened she drew back on the bow at her ankle while pushing out with her hip and in doing this with her left hand it seemed to bleed continuously making a single thorn arrow travel through several drops of blood splashing them about as the Black Garden would close in and attempt to overtake the thorns which were destroying her original roses. All the while she was flooding the air around herself with nitrogen as she exhaled, forcing it even into the thorns she created which she was aiming at and around her predecessor.

"Good, because if you-" Roze started. Whatever she intended to say to this girl, she lost the thought upon realizing that this generation's Thorn Queen possessed capabilities otherwise seen within her own tower's "generation of miracles" and others like them. There had already been two confirmed gravity children from the second tower who could enter the Zone, but they were each Brain Chargers of these "miracles" and thus, they made sense. Roze thought it otherwise impossible for members of the second generation, with their lack of physical capabilities to match the capacity of her friends. Still, the look in Akiza's eyes was unmistakably the look of one who'd entered the Zone... and even Roze had to be wary of this. As the assault of Akiza came her way, Roze's Regalia began creeping up her legs, and soon, overtook her entire body. Every rose sent her way made contact, just as intended. However, when the debris cleared, the only thing that seemed to be affected was the trick Roze had previously used. She now stood wearing the full-body suit that was her form of the Sky Regalia, and thus, had become virtually indestructible. "Oh... wow," she said while inspecting her suit. The fact that the Regalia had become her clothing, which she confirmed after looking down her new top, was quite amazing to the woman. "Blessed by an 'Angel,' huh? Ain't that somethin'. Alright; got anything else for me?"

Whatever Roze had been intending to say before that moment was lost on Akiza mostly because the woman didn't finish her statement. She instead activated the Sky Regalia fully, which to the Thorn Queen's credit was something she'd never seen before this point. "Sugoi, a second compliment~" the young woman said those lightning streaked eyes of hers narrowing just a bit. It seemed the Sky Queen was simply more than capable of taking more damage now, and with that in mind Akiza seemed to be rather eager to please. "One more I think.~" stated the Thorn Queen happily. She wondered what she'd have to do to make it through to this woman, but it didn't really matter because she'd continue trying until she did. She exhaled again this time her hips began to spin. As she did this she fired off thorns creating a virtual coffin of thorns laced with nitrogen which seemed to spread and grow up and around the Sky Queen. If she assumed she had nothing to worry about, that was fine with Akiza because right now she was trying something she'd never really thought possible before. She kicked back bending her back at an almost 60 degree angle, pulling on the bow string at her right ankle with her left arm all of it aimed downward with her own blood leaking from the tips of her fingers. The final nail of this coffin was the giant rose which was black and being fired at the woman from above with all the strength of her thorn arrow. When it splashed it would create a blooming rose which would saturate the air around the woman in nitrogen and leave a crater several meters across as it made contact with crushing power. Additionally it would spring the coffin like thorn trap upon impact aiming to claim the woman below with both the other thorns and the black rose itself.

Roze had nothing to say about Akiza's assertion that she'd been complimented. To be fair, she had to admit that without the Sky Regalia's defenses, she'd have taken quite a beating from that previous attack. The woman turned her head sideways while viewing the next wind-up for Akiza's attack, whatever it was meant to be. In fact, she leaned to one side just to fully capture the sight. "Nice ass. There's a compliment for ya'." A bit of fun banter aside, there was the matter of the trick this Thorn Queen had come up with, which didn't seem to be much initially. The thorns around Roze were nothing she saw as being an issue, but the rose above was something she punched upwards at, producing a shorter, thicker thorn than the norm from the spike worn on her right fist. This dispersed the rose, but the dispersal itself proved to have exactly the effect Akiza had been going for. The shockwave produced caused the apparent trap at her feet to enclose around her, much like the shutting of an iron maiden-style torture device. A burst of wind would escape the body of the Sky Queen shortly afterwards, removing her from the structure. "Whew~. That's the kind of trick that can only kill somebody... or turn them on. Not dead, by the way," she said while pointing toward herself.

The young Thorn Queen didn't appear to be particularly moved by the woman's playful compliment. In fact, she seemed to be quite used to such a thing. 'Ah, that's where he got that from...' she thought, given the kinds of things she'd gotten used to hearing from her own Sky King. She figured the extra personality of his was now the source of them, though something about him was still quite a bit different from the woman she was facing. Beyond this her trap worked exactly as intended, this made her smile, but soon after landing the power of the Zone would fade from her eyes and she'd be left having a very odd conversation with the woman known as Roze.

The pass made at Akiza made her eyes widen just a little, actually she hadn't been so shocked by a statement in a very long time. But the words of her predecessor were praise overall, so she figured she'd just take them as such. "Eh, that sounds like four compliments to me~" she chimed apparently happy with herself as her Regalia returned to its sealed form. She rather suddenly felt very tired, but then she'd also been using her own blood as a catalyst for several tricks while hyperventilating, in addition to the rather taxing tricks performed while in the Zone, which she didn't know would have such a traumatic effect on her stamina. In fact her body swayed and her vision blurred, it took about three seconds for her to realize her body wasn't having anything she was trying to do right now, and that was just standing.

"Take it how you want. Not like a dick, though. I wouldn't recommend taking it that way. Well... unless you really want to," the woman commented. With Akiza leaving the Zone, she reverted her Regalia to its base state. "Gotta say, you're coming along a lot faster than any of your little friends would. The other two are in training for a month. Must be a Sonia thing," she added with a wink. "By the way, how was the wine? I've been trying to find the best level of sweetness for my regular brand. Speaking of wine... do you know why I drink it?"

A laugh escaped Akiza, this woman was funny. "Wow, I didn't expect that... it was funny." she mentioned moving right along, and concentrating particularly hard on keeping herself upright. Which was less work than it had been three seconds before, but something which was way more work than she'd like to admit.

As for why her training seemed to be taking less time she could theorize and while riding the Sonia Road was probably significantly helpful in pushing one's physical limits. She also knew Shoichi and Chiyo as people and both of them were probably learning a lot faster than a month, but they were likely taking the time to make friends with the people in charge of their advancements. At least this was the thought the young girl had, there was also the matter of Chiyo's special eye which was likely something to be specialized a bit more given what the small girl said it could do. "The wine was really sweet; at least to me. Tasty too, I enjoyed it. Though to be honest, I was very skeptical of the guy kidnapping me offering me a drink..." she paused thinking about the phrasing. "Rather telling me it was demanded that I drink after freeing me. I don't do so regularly 'cause I'm a bit of a lightweight. I got no idea why you drink, but I'm sure you've got a great reason." the pink haired girl stated, finally took a step forward and had her vision clear enough that she was sure she wouldn't just collapse thereafter.

"Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. I think it's missing something, though." As the woman thought further, she brought a hand to her chin while allowing her train of thought to process accordingly. "But, whatever. I did order Shig to make you drink, and for the same reasons I drink. Firstly, it's god damn delicious... and secondly, blood alcohol content. Between 0.001 and 0.029, everything is normal. 0.030 to 0.059 is where euphoria sets in, and with it comes relaxation, lowered inhibition, and just a general good shit, at the cost of a slight concentration loss. 0.060 all the way to 0.099, you feel less, you open up, and euphoria is at its best, but you might lose a bit of reasoning and depth perception. A bit of alcoholism goes a long way for overriding the negatives, but the positives are all things that really help riders like us, so I started using them to my advantage as frequently as possible. No matter what you do, relaxation is key, and the quickest way to get that is to get a bit of a buzz going. Though, it's not as effective as a good lay. Get one of those if you can." Though this would have been all Roze had to say, she thought about her final statement while lighting a cigarette, and produced an amendment to it a moment later. "Can? What am I talking about? You're a good looking chick, so just go out and do it. Since you can take a bit of pain, the army that's willing to stretch you out over anything big enough should be even bigger than the norm."

"I wouldn't know what it's missing... not like I drink very often." the Thorn Queen mentioned. Slowly but surely she was regaining her ability to think and she could even breathe easier now that she wasn't stressing her lungs. Soon enough though the Sky Queen of the previous generation told her all about why she should be drinking and such a thinking made the young woman blink several times. "Uh-huh. I suppose that makes a great deal of sense." she mentioned but the amendment to the woman's statement, specifically as it related to sex and going out to find it, made the young woman's eyes widen. She paused and blinked and then burst into laughter. "Sou ka, that's why Chi-chan doesn't hang out with you~" the Thorn Queen mentioned. She didn't bother explaining that it wasn't necessary to go out and find a good lay, likely because she felt no need to discuss her private life with Shoichi's elder sister.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast