Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: [Tokyo] The Center City

Natsu's curiosity soon became outright confusion. She really had no idea what kind of person he'd become since Trophaeum, but there was a worse fact than that alone. Not only had she gone without knowing Natsu associated with murderers... she also couldn't tell simply by the demeanor of the overall group, the way others in the city could when passing them by. If Natsu had been less removed from society, he would blame this on the fact that she was blonde, but in the end, he could only think she was some sort of idiot.

He sighed. There was no way around the fact that the meeting had been interrupted by a peer of Natsu's, who merely couldn't read the signs of a bad place to be. Obviously, he would have to inform her of these bad decisions she made. "So it's not obvious to you when a group of killers is meeting? You'd have been murdered on the spot if I hadn't signaled them to be still. That is what I do now... I tutor assassins. The next time you decide to walk up to me and say hi, I suggest thinking a second time."

If Natsu had concluded she was some sort of idiot, he was probably a bit wrong. Jolyne wasn't outright stupid, just a bit headstrong and obviously without fear of the sorts of people around people she liked. The news that Natsu was apparently some kind of tutor to assassins was indeed something she'd never even thought of before, but it had little to do with what normal people did. "Really? You're such a nice guy though..." she said seeming to find it off. She waved it off though seeming to snap by virtue of having questioned this boy's niceness after having him be something of a jerk to her. "I already said I don't care you who fucking hang out with, it's none of my business. Whatever, next I'm I'll just wait 'til I find you alone or something I guess..." this was as close to a concession as Jolyne was willing to make. She was young, easily excitable, especially around her friends. This boy in particular seemed to be one of her favorites, and it was obvious by the fact that she hadn't found it in herself to fear mere seconds after being told he was a killer that she didn't much care about his status as such.

Though nothing was said by Natsu immediately, a scoff passed his lips when he was referred to as a "nice guy" by the Flame Queen. There had once been a time when he could easily be referred to as such by any random passerby, but the time outside of Trophaeum was not kind to him. This girl couldn't understand, though. There was no way she would. She had emerged from the tower with a family to run to. Natsu had to find and create his own equivalent of a family over time. Even ignoring her lack of ability to understand his plight, the next thing Natsu heard was a claim that Jolyne would find him alone to greet him next time. For many reasons he could not delve into, that was just as bad as what she'd done this night. Alas... he didn't care to rekindle that sort of discussion, so he turned away from the girl. "I shouldn't be found alone, or in a group. You should just do what everyone else does, and stay away."

A scoff escaped Jojo as she heard the next words from the boy known as Natsu. She didn't understand him, but this was something which just made the girl roll her eyes. Jolyne's wheels began to turn as she looked at this boy, she wasn't particularly fond of his down and out speech. But she realized she'd likely not get anywhere right now. Regardless, she still had a little more to say to the lad. "BLAH BLAH BLAH, TSU-BAKA!" she said as sparks began to fly from her ATs. "This hard mysterious shit, might work on everyone else, but... I know better," the girl said with a smile on her face and less fire in her eyes. Jolyne launched herself forward then, only to fly overhead of the boy and head on her way, but not before looking back at him and pulling down her left eye lid while sticking her tongue out at the boy.

She was not really upset with the young man, and though she didn't necessarily understand what he'd been going through, everyone needed a friend. And she wasn't afraid of him, so there was no reason she couldn't be his friend, her mind was simple like that. "Fix your attitude for the next time we meet," she said happily, as if she expected no argument or return reply. In fact, she spoke as if nothing the boy had said about his life or activities had any real standing in her life. This probably would have led most to believe her stupid, but she wasn't, she was simply a kid who liked hanging out with her own friends, they included this boy in particular at some point in her life.

Jolyne's retort sparked a physical reaction in Natsu, consisting of a single fit of twitches in his right eyebrow. After hearing of his life's work, she dared refer to him by such a name. It was a bold move indeed. On the other hand, Natsu did not kill without reason; he and those he tutored were to follow a very specific creed when conducting business. Jolyne had no reason to know this, though, and Natsu figured one would be more careful, lest they end up on someone's list. Her departure was made with what seemed to be pleasantries, bar the turnaround gesture she offered. Natsu looked upon the fleeting girl with an empty gaze, and once she was no more, his gaze fell low.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415