Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: [Tokyo City] Interchange

"Sou ka." the girl mentioned it'd been quite a while since the last time she tried something new and had it not turn out badly. This whole thing was an amusing day to her, and Tayuya had to admit she was having quite a bit of fun. It seemed that Shoichi thought that her trick wasn't wrong, but instead had simply been made her own. He took this a bit further, using his own wind manipulation to increase the size of the small orb in her hand to something gigantic and out of her hands. "Sugoi! It's huge!" she said laughing in amazement. Something that large was bound to do a lot of damage but she doubted she'd make one so big without needing to. Still it was just nice to have fun at this point. "Shouldn't we not have it be so big if it's already going to be damaging though?" she said there was a lot of power to be found in the kind of run that Tayuya had, and she didn't want anyone to be hurt.

"Damn right it is!" he replied. Shoichi was happily looking up at the slicing sphere when Tayuya commented on its size and the potential dangers of having such a thing. In this moment, he raised a brow and lost his grin. "Uhh... probably. Didn't think about that, but it looks so awesome like this. Oh well..." In the end, Shoichi had to agree to the dangers of this sphere, so he clapped once and dispersed it without causing any collateral damage to the surrounding area. "There. So... got anything else for me?"

A smile was on the face of the normally alone girl. She was the strongest of her generation so often alone because she couldn't play with them properly without hurting people. It seemed now that her lack of development for the sake of the rest of her friends might have been a bit of a miscalculation on her part so as the man known as Shoichi dispersed the giant form of the newest trick she'd used she shrugged. "Gomen. I haven't actually needed to develop any new tricks... I sit so high above the rest of them already, it made me sad to think about it." she mentioned rubbing the back of her head with her left hand as she looked a bit bashful. "And... you didn't actually say what you wanted... you challenged us but there weren't any terms set for what happened if you won." she said thinking about this parts war in terms of what it should have been. She was responsible enough to remember the other important things about what had been taking place here.

As Tayuya explained her situation and why her repertoire of tricks was smaller than it could be, Shoichi looked upon the lass with an expression insinuating raw confusion. "Oro? Why is it sad that you're better than everyone else? If you're leading this team, you're gunning to be a Sky Queen, right? Don't you want to bring them up with you?" As for the matter of this battle's terms, Shoichi actually became more confused. He didn't recall even thinking of such a thing when he arrived here. "Who said anything about winning or losing? I just wanted to check out the next top candidate for Sky King before I decide whether I'm in this parts war or not."

Tayuya watched as confusion spread across Shoichi's face. It was an odd thing to explain, why it was sad for her to stand so high above the rest of her friends. And while it was true, she wished for them to reach her, she didn't think it was possible to do so while reaching even higher for herself. "Because if I get too far ahead of the rest of them, they'll end up hurt and I'll be alone." she mentioned, it'd been a long time since she had a friend that matched her who kept pace with her and without that, she'd stagnated. Already being too far ahead of the rest of her peers for them to catch up. "But I will be Sky Queen so they can occupy the sky and I can look after all of them." she said a smile on her face, her intention as the Sky was quite different than the two previous people who held the title, but she had her friends backing her. Beyond this it was stated that this young man had just come here to have fun, there weren't any stakes on the match the whole team had just lost and it was about determining his future participation in the parts war. "Ah... what? Deciding to participate. How does that make sense... why do you care who gets to be the Sky? Someone like you could..." she paused looking at this young man and had a rather stunning realization that she'd missed before now.

"If you get too far ahead of them, they should reach for you," he replied. His experiences grew him into being the type of Sky King that sought to be uplifting for the other members of his tower. It seemed, though, that Tayuya wished to be a different type of Sky. "That's an interesting way to look at it. I dunno if I agree, but this is your world, not mine," he said further. When the girl spoke of his potential participation in the parts war, her pause brought a grin to his face. "I wanna see the next Sky King. I'll wait for whoever's chosen and see what their world's atmosphere is like."

"I... don't know if it works like that, at least not for us." she said of her own tower's population which was full of people very different than what the man before her probably had to deal with. The words spoken by Shoichi made her smile and she couldn't help but like what he wanted. "Hai, I'll try to make it interesting for you then." she said seeming to not doubt her eventual position as Sky Queen. Besides that fact it was her world as he put it, so she knew that she could do this. "Does that mean you're the last Sky King?"

The words spoken by the Talon Queen hinted that she was certain of her eventual ascension to becoming the Gram Scale Tournament's victor. "I like your confidence. From what I've seen of your tower's riders, and even knowing that sister of mine, I'd say you're the closest thing to the sky in this whole tournament. If you stay that way, I guess I'll be meeting you there in the end. Fair warning, though. If you want to get there, there are 28 pieces to the puzzle at the bottom of the tower. All of your peers have to accept you."

"Hai!" she said to the information she was given. She had been looking into the nature of the Gram Scale Tournament and understood what he was getting at though she didn't have all the details yet, she figured when they were needed she'd have them. Her group was a varied one, and she wasn't sure she could make all of them accept her, but it didn't matter to her if they wanted to or not. A smirk crossed her face as her regalia deactivated finally. "I had fun, thank you." she said smiling. Nanami had been right in saying that this man stood miles above them, even Tayuya now had something to aspire towards, and that gave her a great feeling inside.

"Yeah, it was fun. Let's do it again sometime. If you ever wanna get in touch with me, just send me a flashy message in the sky. Y'know, something that'll let me know it's you." For this sort of situation, Shoichi didn't think it appropriate to exchange phone numbers; no, that would perhaps come at a later time. Here, he thought it best to have the same form of call that he had once used to reach his predecessor in wind manipulation. With a casual wave using his fore and middle fingers, he rose higher into the sky to mark his leave. "Ja ne, Tayuya-chan~" he said as he disappeared in the clouds.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789