Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tokyo City] Interchange

Akiza was in the middle of this fight and though she'd taken a pretty major hit she didn't seem to be at all of the thought that she was about to lose. Quite the contrary when she saw the shift in the boy's ATs she was a bit stunned but a large grin came to the pink haired girl's face. "Huh? Really, sarcasm while using a borrowed moves, particularly the ones of one of my favorite run partners." she mentioned the bells at the boy's ankles. Beyond that the added sound and vertigo did force a change in pressure in her ears, but it wasn't nearly enough to completely burst her eardrums, she had the added cushion of nitrogen bubbles throughout her person to control her own internal pressures, but that was something this young man couldn't possibly know. And as she looked at the boy's movements she was almost certain he was wrong. "Mendokuse, you're doing it wrong ya' know." she said aloud but in her head she was thinking a bit more than that. 'Oh, Chi-chan said that he threw off Shizu's rhythm. Maybe that's the trick.' and with that thought in mind she looked to Mukuro for confirmation and if she received it she'd do something very unexpected.

While watching the fight below and following Mukuro's rather condescending statement Tayuya seemed to be a bit more confused. She wasn't stupid by any means, but perhaps there was something she'd missed about this particular girl that she hadn't thought of before. "Three years ago?" she didn't know anything of the Black Order or any of its lesser known members. But from what she'd seen they wouldn't be a threat, then again, it was this lack of knowledge which would likely cause problems.

"Whatever you say, you've lost. The very core of your tricks is mine now." As far as Rokuro was concerned, this accomplishment secured his victory. He'd never been bested in a parts war prior to this one, and he didn't intend to be bested until Tayuya was crowned Sky Queen. Of course, such was the case for many, if not all of the Raidraptors' members.

Mukuro, on the other hand, had other ideas in mind, and a very casual grin was upon his face as he responded to Tayuya using words loud enough to be heard by the fighters below as well. "Mirror King is an interesting title to hold. Conceptually, a mirror will always mimic what is in front of it, but you can never copy a mirror. It simply isn't possible. This mirror is a bit warped, though. What it copies is just a bit off when compared to the original. In a way, it's copying while making a vision its own... stealing by using its distorted glass." With that said, Mukuro turned his gaze toward Tayuya. He knew the precise outcome of this battle now, so he had no need to watch it. "What happens when you place a warped mirror in front of a warped mirror? Three years ago, Akiza lost the Regalia she's currently wearing. She's had to subconsciously perform her tricks just a bit differently ever since."

"I wouldn't make that assumption just yet, kid. Besides... my tricks hurt me." she mentioned rolling her eyes just a bit. After she said this the words of Mukuro carried down to her, and it was exactly as she expected. Her tricks were being copied just a bit different from how they were, which kept her from using them. Then again... all she had to do was complete her trick in a different manner and she'd be able to use it again. "Sou ka, that's what I thought... brilliant as always Muko~" she said turning to the boy she began a move which would lift her up and off the ground twisting in the air in a manner slightly different from before, actually, it was closer to her original run, or rather precisely the way she was before she lost her regalia, which was a movement altogether different from the one's she'd been using until this point. "I'm taking my tricks back now Mirror King. You don't need them and besides, your body can't take them. There's a reason all who ride the Sonia Road are Queens~" she mentioned only to flip and come down with her hips spinning rapidly and with much force. Such a move would cause a flurry of thorns to appear from her body spiking around the boy and creating vines of thorns which grew up around him, while simultaneously activating her regalia. At such a time as it reached its active state she'd pull back on the bow at her ankle with just the tiniest amount of blood at her finger tips. "You can't copy this, Black Garden." and just like that she shot a thorn arrow through a blackened blood drop creating the image of a black rose as it exploded. Such a thing would cause the previously used vine like thorns to crawl up the boy's body snapping to a close so that he'd feel as if he was suffocating from the sheer pressure of it. And because this match took place in a cube there was nowhere to go to escape from it. Even Akiza was prone to taking a bit of the backlash, the odd barrette she used to keep her bangs in place seeming to blast off allowing her hair to fall all around her face and down to her chest.

Meanwhile, Tayuya watched a bit stunned as the Tar King fully explained the abilities used by Rokuro, and what was more, it seemed the Thorn Queen had already been on her way to the same assumption because the trick and movements she performed after were unlike anything the Talon Queen had ever seen before. "What?! That's not possible."

The white-haired lad looked onward with widened eyes as Akiza regained the ability to perform her thorn-related tricks. This, however, did not prevent him from aiming to mirror the next move she made. The vines being created around him were no concern of his, so long as they kept away from his body. To the contrary of the Thorn Queen's words, Rokuro could foresee the copying of even this trick, and his Regalia's form was changing to a bow-like state in preparation. This thorn arrow being used in conjunction with blood was exactly the kind of exciting trick Rokuro had been looking forward to. However, he was not struck by it, and this seemed to be intentional. Vines crept around the boy, and the chain reaction of sonic booms which followed riddled him windless for the trick's duration. In the end, the boy was left standing in place, gasping for air before ultimately having his battered and bruised body fall to the ground.

"Impossible is just another word for unlikely. Contrary to your belief, however, this was the likeliest of outcomes. Even I would dread having to face her in a real fight." As Mukuro spoke, he rolled toward the edge of the railway. He had only one more thing to say to this lass prior to his descent into the cube. "You shouldn't deal in absolutes. It will only lead to a more crushing defeat of your ideals."

Akiza took a deep breath and exhaled pushing her hair out of her face as the wheels of her now deactivated ATs hit the ground once more. Here she looked at the now fallen and gasping child and felt a little bit bad, so she gave a tiny bit of advice. "Deep breaths, kid. It'll pass." she mentioned as she began trying to trace visually the spot her bow should have gone too. Upon finding it with her eyes she rolled towards it, reaching down to pick it up. "Mendokuse, it always blows back like that... even when it's not fully powered up." she spoke to herself of the trick she'd just used.

Beyond this, Tayuya heard the words of the Tar King. Dealing in absolutes was a bit of a risky thing to do, but this wouldn't change anything about her. No, ever the protective one she dived into the cube to remove the Mirror King from the cube, if successful she'd pick up the smaller teen and take him back above without being upset at all. "That was a tough match, Roku. Don't feel bad about it." she'd state plainly as she sat the boy down above before aiming to go back to the cube for her own match.

While Tayuya retrieved her teammate, Mukuro landed at ground level next to his. "I expected flawlessness, you know; but..." His sentence trailed off for a moment. In truth, he struggled for a moment to find the appropriate wording for what he actually meant to say here. "I surprisingly found this equally pleasing. There's just a hint of... madness about that execution that I can't speak ill of."

While Tayuya handled her teammate, Akiza was approached by hers, having retrieved her bow she held it in hand as the Tar King commented on her battle and was apparently left a bit speechless. A grin crossed the pink haired girl's face as she pushed her bangs back and looked up into Mukuro's face. "Speechlessness and not disapproval, sounds like two compliments to me~" she said giving a minor bow. "I'll accept them both." she mentioned looking back up from the bowed posture with a bit of deviousness in those eyes. "Your turn, Muko~" she mentioned having given them a lead in this two of three parts war was kind of good, though unlike the boy who'd fallen to her, Akiza didn't believe in absolutes. Even whens he already knew the capabilities of those on her team.

Right after Akiza spoke her final words, she hopped towards the outside of this cube, going to retake her place at the other side to watch the fight below. She passed Tayuya on the way as the blue haired girl descended, and her face retained that same oddly placed bit of calm emotionlessness. It was like there was nothing in her, like she didn't care one way or the other even now. Though her words dealt in the absolutes of her wins, her body and posture and the way she dealt with the other members of her generation, indicated that she didn't like fighting or even hurting people. As it stood she was simply thinking about the best way to handle the young man before her, and with the knowledge that her team was currently down one in this match she knew what had to be done. "I get it, you watch people and figure stuff out as you go. That's an interesting approach." she said of Mukuro. She didn't have any such leanings herself, but she'd figured out in watching this young man react to the previous match, that it simply wouldn't be possible to let this next one carry on too long.

"Do with them what you will. Let's finish this," Mukuro said in passing as Akiza left the cube, and Tayuya entered. It seemed the Talon Queen had figured him out. This was good. To Mukuro, this meant that she retained at least a basic level of acceptable intelligence, which ensured that she would be capable of comprehending his words... most times. "That may pass as an astute observation. You're an interesting one, though; so dead inside. It hurts being superior to your peers by such a large margin, doesn't it?"

Outside of the cube, Akiza worked to get her hair flawlessly situated once more, and after a few minutes, she'd done exactly that while watching as the girl and young man below seemed to fall into a bit of the battle stances. It would seem the girl known as Tayuya was a bit more astute than one would initially give credit for. In the case of dealing with Mukuro this was a good thing, but as the purple haired young man went on to make more observations about the young man's current predicament it only became more obvious that she couldn't allow him to continue watching. Still there was nothing wrong with what he'd said so recently so she'd answer him with a sigh and a nod.

"I can't argue against that, but you know I can't let you to keep watching. I still have a lot to do, so this conversation will have to end very soon." the man before her, or even the pink haired girl who had so recently fought Rokuro, were the most likely to give her a good fight currently. That being said, she had to keep this place, and winning for the sake of her team and what they stood for, was more important than her personal fun. To be honest, she didn't want to fight anyone, she never did... hurting people was always a bit more than she wanted to do at any point in time. Even so she moved and edged herself towards the upper corner of the cube, as if she intended to perch from the high ground, it seemed defensive or tactical in nature.

"You're right; you can't let me keep watching if you want to win. However, you also cannot stop me from watching. The scales will tip in only one direction, and the winner will be determined in that shining moment." Mukuro expected that Tayuya would avoid an immediate and straightforward attack, but he remained wary nonetheless. As he revved up his ATs, his front wheels opened into bladed fans, while the rear wheels super-heated the chunks of road that were ground by the former to melting point, creating tar from it. There was quite a bit of tar around him in only a few moments, and with one sweeping kick, he launched numerous globules of hot tar in the area inhabited by the Talon Queen. "Are you able to tip the scales?"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast