Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tokyo City] Interchange

"You're right, I can't stop you from watching, yet." she said as the purple haired man before her activated his ATs and began doing things the likes of which she'd never seen before. The coming tar slung her way was met by the winds which exploded from her body and soon enough a slight twist of her body which would rocket her forward and down towards the young man. The speed which happened because of this gave her the ability to activate her ATs, turning them into knee high bladed single wheeled ATs with 'wings' apparently made of sharp blades and the coming attack gave her the timing needed to use her Wind Scar trick. This would bring winds around the globs of tar hurled her way and rocket them back towards the Tar King in the wake of Tayuya's forward movement. Such a thing would make it so the Tar King was caught by his own attack plus the added force of her winds and behind him her legs kicked out slicing winds which were fired in a manner most speedy and akin to those of the Bloody Road, as if she meant for him to be maimed from both sides at once. If Mukuro was still watching, he'd notice a vast change in the countenance of the Talon Queen as she aimed to maim him with his own attack and hers combined, right when she passed him there was something rather fierce in her eyes and the tiniest hint of regret.

As Akiza watched from above she was stunned. This girl had shown no kind of battle instinct before that moment and when she did it was so aggresive she was stunned by what she was seeing. "Mendokuse, so that's what Shizu meant." mentioned the young woman as she rubbed a hand over her face. Watching a wind-user with this kind of aggression was totally new.

"Yet? That's the spirit." Following Mukuro's initial assault, the Talon Queen's demeanor seemed to undergo a rather drastic shift. With this, came winds with aggression which somehow reminded him of his generation's Sky King during the days in which his Brain Charger state was more commonly activated. Either way, this reaction of Tayuya's was quite problematic. Not only was her attack swift and powerful, but she carried his own attack as well. To defend, Mukuro had to kick up a layered wall of tar in front of him, and quickly solidify it to snuff out the wind. The wall was further fortified by the tar globules Tayuya had been kind enough to return to him, which freed him up to not worry about the wall's stability. When he turned to view the Talon Queen, he was immediately forced into an instinctual guard, which he kept up as the girl's cutting winds lashed out at him. Within moments, the Tar King's blood was splattered onto the wall behind him, while the rest dripped from lacerations along the front of his body. "Chikushou. I don't think I've bled in a couple of years. You really are a cut above the rest. If not for those little restrictions about inflicting injury... you could have killed me."

Tayuya heard the praise from the Tar King and it was quite acceptable. Beyond that, he seemed to have survived the first of her attacks, which was surprising to say the least. She understood now why Natsu had spoken of this being a bit fun for her, she had to admit it had been quite a while since the first attack wasn't one for an immediate death, but the Tar King seemed to both shocked by his current bleeding status and mistaken about the nature of the girl known as Tayuya. "Don't get the wrong idea, if you didn't have the natural instinct to guard that likely would have killed you. I don't like injuring people, you're right about that." she said as she bounced back into the air spinning her legs and gathering the wind most expertly. "But that doesn't mean I won't do it." as she said this the last spin made a gentler wind one meant to pull this young man towards her person and would end with her flying past the Tar King and aiming to maim him more directly, her intent to force him to stay down. If successful a spiral of blood would be left in her wake, carried directly upon the talons of her ATs with the Tar King falling where he stood, the injuries were shallow but every pass would make them deeper. If Tayuya had to continue eventually this young man would spill his guts before her. "Please stay down, I don't want to kill you in front of your friend, but I will if I have to."

"Iie," the man replied while sliding his hands into his pockets. "The subconscious is a powerful thing. If you wanted me dead, it wouldn't have mattered how quickly I rose to block it." Mukuro had become stationary at this point. His reaction to the following onslaught by the Talon Queen was a simple one, which merely involved the constant upturning of the land as tar, creating from it barriers once the tar solidified. This kept him out of the girl's path of attack even as he was being pulled toward her. "Let's be honest; you lost the ability to kill me with that first attack, though I'll admit to underestimating you. On the other hand, there's nothing I can do to defeat you now, either. I offer my forfeit."

Tayuya didn't know what he was getting at. Her subconscious didn't keep her from doing anything, if nothing else, it made her do the things she did, but as she was offered a surrender she didn't really care. It was just that simple for her, and she'd stop attacking. Though she was quite interested in how the Tar King had managed to stay away from her so much she supposed that was the benefit of having a proper tactically thinking mind. "I'll accept the surrender." she said calmly. That same general apathy returning to her face before her eyes flickered upward to Akiza, who was by all means the next target. "And you?" she asked of the Thorn Queen, who now looked as though she hadn't been fighting in the first place. As she hopped into the cube she landed next to Mukuro and looked at the girl. "I don't want to lose so I won't forfeit." she mentioned knowing that it wasn't the type of person she was, but she was worried about the Tar King at least a little and didn't need to know a fight against this girl would be an uphill battle even if she tried. "Counteroffer, we call this a draw, you keep your spot and we walk away because this was interesting enough for a night out." mentioned the Thorn Queen which caused shock to appear on the Talon Queen's face. "Oh don't look at me like that, and before you respond, you should note that even if you say he didn't, Muko got in your head a bit. Your heart isn't in this fight any more, and mine would be... you could hurt me, and it'd make me stronger, it's a losing situation. But I don't want to take this place from you, it's not my place to do so." If Akiza was nothing else, she'd always been a bit of a mediator, a stable personality among her friends, as such... she had no problem making this offer. She'd wait to see what the girl said in reply. And after a few moments she looked up to her fallen friend and nodded. "Fine. Tie. I'm leaving now." and just like that Tayuya hopped from the cube and went about her business, inside her head, she felt like she could have beaten this pink haired girl, but... there was a rightness about the Tar King's observations gnawing at her a bit.

A few weeks later, the white-haired young man by the name of Takeuchi Shoichi landed atop the Tokyo Interchange. His arrival was early afternoon, and he seemed to be having a conversation via his cellphone when he landed. "Right. Found it. What kind of strength are we talking?" he asked. A male voice then went through an extensive explanation of how he didn't have such measures, also stating that he was quite certain Shoichi wouldn't understand them even if he did. "That doesn't help much. Whatever. Arigatou gozaimasu. Ja." The Sky King hung up his phone then and there, slipping it back into his pocket along with his hand. He had been instructed to wait here until someone arrived, at which point he would receive the intriguing challenge he'd been waiting for.

Soon after the arrival of the unknown white haired male, a gust of wind would be accompanied by the landing of a girl with flat bottomed ATs with two small talons protruding from the ankles as she landed one could get a reasonable look at her. She had short blue hair jaggedly cut and large deadpan blue eyes which were unwavering but there was something behind them which couldn't be seen. Her outfit was strange but that could be said of most of the Gravity Children eventually. A black and blue high collar halter top with pink straps over her chest and what appeared to be small pieces of armor hung off her person. In addition she also wore long pieces tied up to her sides revealing shorts and thigh highs black in color fitting her cool color palate aside from the pink strips across her upper body. "Did you come here to challenge us?" this was a sole question because she didn't know the young man before her. And in general if she didn't know someone that was all they came for. Whether or not others had seen this and decided to come out and investigate yet, hadn't been seen.

The gust of wind marking Tayuya's arrival caught Shoichi's eye, which brought his attention directly to the blue-haired girl. At the very least, he could assume this was the Talon Queen he'd heard so much about in recent times, and he could say for sure she had at least reasonable control over the wind. Her dead expression was met by a blank stare from the Sky King, who was in fact without the Sky Regalia; he instead wore what appeared to be a normal pair of ATs. "That pretty much sums it up, yeah. Something wrong with that?"

Tayuya's eyes didn't seem to shift, but this young man wanted to challenge them and that was fine. It wouldn't even be the first time this had happened in the last 24 hours. Given the time of day it was, any of them could take the challenge but since they didn't intend to take other territories this spot had to be defended always by the Talon Queen herself if it was only a single challenge. "No, it's no problem. I simply didn't expect another so soon." she said seeming to be disinterested. In general there was never really a challenge worth taking, it was simply a thing that the Talon Queen did to keep her spot for the rest of her members and she saw no reason to assume this would be different. "Fine, you versus me." she said calmly. They were discussing terms and she didn't intend to make this take any longer than it had to.

Shoichi's challenge by word of mouth was accepted. This was good, but it seemed the Talon Queen was keen on taking the challenge herself. Shoichi couldn't agree to this. Shaking his head with closed eyes, he gave his verbal retort. "No. That's not what I'm here for..." he said. This was not going to be a battle for parts, territory, or status. The Sky King had been intending to check out this team since he first heard of them, and now, he felt like getting a fair bit of exercise. "Bring out your team. I'll take you all on, one by one, in whatever class you guys prefer."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast