Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tokyo City] Interchange

Something akin to shock crossed the Talon Queen's face as this young man claimed that he wanted her to bring out her entire team and that he'd take them all on in the matches they chose. This was completely unheard of and a bit shocking and for the first time in ages a smile broke out over the girl's face and she laughed. After a few seconds she seemed to pull herself together. "You're kidding, right? This is a joke..." she said. It simply wasn't the sort of thing that should be expected at all, she'd whistle and it'd be kind of exotic the kind made for a bird who had a lot of acoustics to work with. Such a summons would be for one specific member of her team, after all, if this young man was serious she had to consult with the brains of her operation a boy named Natsu.

"You think I'm joking. That's no surprise," Shoichi stated. When his eyes finally opened, they bore the Over-Cross Twinkle Eye of Brain Chargers. Shortly afterwards, the brown-haired teenage hitman descended from a nearby rooftop to join Tayuya in response to her call. He nodded to the blue-haired girl, then looked toward Shoichi. This man's eyes were nothing shy of strange to him, and he would certainly make this known. "Looks like someone's failed attempt at making a Gravity Child. Is this one mine to take?"

There was a moment where the boy before her apparently thought to state that she thought he was joking but the seriousness of him let her know that he wasn't. Still it was rather shocking and she wasn't sure what to say about that, so she said nothing waiting instead for the arrival of her second. After a few seconds the brown haired young man she sought landed at her side. It would appear he too was unfamiliar with what she was seeing before her and when asked if he would be the one taking the challenge she simply shrugged. "I have never seen that before either, but... Natsu. He wants to fight all of us, one by one in the matches of our choice." she said giggling again because the idea was still funny to her. "Should I allow it?" she asked finally wiping a tear from her eye. "I mean, I'd let you handle this if you wanted to... I took the last few anyways." she mentioned. She trusted this young man with her to advise her in this matter, something new could prove to be a bit fun for her but she wasn't against the younger members of her team having a bit of fun also.

When Tayuya explained what this man was doing here, Natsu looked at him as if he didn't know what the man could be thinking in doing such a thing. "Obviously, he doesn't understand what that means. They come every now and then; those who think they're strong enough to take an entire team alone. Sometimes it works, but..." As he went on, Natsu looked down toward this man's ATs. "They usually show up wearing something more than just ATs. This one isn't worth your time." With that said, he raised his left arm, signalling the others from the area to descend. This was marked first by Rokuro's arrival, with the white-haired boy standing in front of the line. "Whatever we're doing, I'm up first," the boy said. In his mind, he had a loss to make up for, and he intended to do so as soon as possible. "We're all fighting. To answer your question, Tayuya... if someone wants to challenge an entire group alone, it only sends a message when they lose from the start."

Tayuya heard out what Natsu had to say. Given this she simply nodded and found this to be accurate. She'd heard of single people taking on entire teams before but she didn't assume anyone would actually do that for the sake of a match without at least being geared up enough for it. "Hai hai." she said after which a motion from Natsu brought down the rest of their team including one girl with purple hair and lilac eyes which didn't seem to have pupils. "All of us are fighting one guy, Tayu-sama... that seems unfair." she said frowning slightly. She did agree to participate in fights where she was necessary but the idea of all of them fighting a single individual made that a bit annoying. Beyond this Rokuro had arrived seconds before her and seemed to go want to go first anyways. "Oh well, Rokkun is going first so I suppose it is unlikely I'll have to do anything." she said all of this talk made Tayuya happy. Her team was strong and so was her generation in general. "Natsu, if you say it isn't worth it, I'll go last. Assuming Roku doesn't just make him useless... getting to me should be a feat. I'll watch and let you guys have fun. Nana, I didn't choose this fight, he did." she said knowing the parameters of this race. "According to this one, he'll take us all on one by one in the races of our choice. Choose the one you want." she said to Rokuro before taking up a perch on the railings beside the building in one swift jump.

"Any race I want? Kuh!" the Mirror King scoffed. He also had a look over this nameless man, and decided that any tricks he had weren't even worth the trouble of trying to steal them. "Alright. Let's go dash. First one there wins," he said while pointing down the railway at a building around the corner. "Dash?" Shoichi questioned, preparing himself to move while Rokuro did the same. Rokuro, on the other hand, had his Regalia convert into a different form, gaining bell-like additions at the ankles. "Whatever."

On Rokuro's mark, given by a drop of his hand, both competitors took off toward the destination. As he moved, Rokuro utilized the bells on his ATs to produce a chiming sound meant to throw off Shoichi's equilibrium, but to his surprise, the man had gone too far from him already. "The fuck!?" he questioned aloud while watching his opponent reach the goal before he even reached the halfway mark. In fact, by the time Rokuro reached this point, the Sky King was passing him on the way back to take the next challenger. One versed in wind manipulation would likely realize in these moments how Shoichi managed such speed.

And as such Rokuro chose his race and the rest of them watched on as the boy tried to use the tricks and gear he'd 'stolen' from the Echo Queen of the Second Generation. Of course, there was much surprise when the dash type race that Rokuro chose ended in his loss. In fact, Nanami was more surprised at the speed that had been seen utilized by the unknown male and she looked to Tayuya. "Tayu-sama, you see that right?" she asked, not knowing if any of the others with them would know or understand the kind of wind manipulation they'd just witnessed. Tayuya was at the very least surprised and widened eyes showed that shock. Tayuya looked to the girl and nodded. "I did. Natsu... do you think that was a fluke?" she asked looking to their challenger as if he was a bit strange. His eyes were weird, his use of regular ATs was strange but he'd beaten Rokuro without any problem and that was worthy of acknowledgement. He'd moved up the rungs a bit as far as she thought, but surely he wouldn't make it past someone like Nanami.

To answer Rokuro's question it would be Nanami who explained what they'd just witnessed. "Rokkun, he's a wind manipulator. A fairly advanced one, he added the wind to the winds created by his movements to increase his own speed. You couldn't have caught up to him, he could have gotten past you after giving you a head start." she said knowing the situation. Still, she wasn't aware of any people who could do such things and it made her wonder who this man was. Tayuya would nod, of their group Nanami was one of the best at wind manipulation techniques, but that was necessary given her road. "Nana is right, Roku." she said her eyes trained on the white haired young man. "Who's going next?" she asked of the group at large waiting for whoever to step up. Nana pressed her hands against the railings preparing to hop off, she likely had the best chance of beating this young man given what he'd shown himself to be capable of.

With the understanding of how this man had won the race against Rokuro, the cloaked boy called Kuroko stepped forward, next to Tayuya's left side. "I forfeit. Even if it was a fluke, I couldn't catch up to his slip stream. Sumimasen," the boy said. Meanwhile, Natsu analyzed the situation, and came to a solid conclusion regarding the loss of Rokuro. "It could easily be a wind road in its early stages. From what we've seen here, it can only be assumed that he's a speed type wind rider, but his chip has him listed as a B-Class. By all means, this is exceptional, but it only means he's developed a few additions to a normal run. Nanami should be able to shut down anything he has to offer beyond a simple speed boost."

"Tatsu, you too?" said managing to suppress the amount of shock she felt at his appearance down to an single bit of eye widening. Meanwhile, Nanami couldn't hide her reaction to the rather sudden appearance of the boy in the cloak. "TATSU-CHAN! YOU SCARED ME!" she exclaimed seeming to need a moment to recover from the innate bit of fear which was this boy's supremely quiet approach to them as a group though she'd figured he was around. This was the curse of the young man who was really only seen if he chose to speak. Beyond this, it seemed that Natsu had a decent explanation of the abilities of this rider before them, and with that in mind, Tayuya went back to her usual amount of disinterest but not without reassuring her team members of their value to her. "It's fine, Tatsu and Roku as well. Come on, and watch the next match with us... Nana's changed a bit." she mentioned of the girl who'd hopped off the railings and rolled into the center area. "Hm, I didn't expect to actually have to go. Sumimasen. I think... I'm best D-class... so Cube." she said to Shoichi directly. This girl in the light lavender hoodie with her long hair and ATs which were like boots that came up her legs with two large vents on the sides of them. At the mention of the Cube match she wished for, the tracks moved opening up for a walled space which had been used for the last cube battle which had taken place here. Still it offered a view from above to the spectators who were there.

Rokuro returned to the group, and in spite of Tayuya's reassurance, he seemed to be quite disturbed after suffering another loss. Even if nothing was on the line, nothing was more bothersome to him than this. On the other hand, he had faith in Nanami's ability to put and end to this challenger. "You next?" Shoichi asked rhetorically, mostly just to voice his understanding. As he moved toward the cube that would be the location of their battle, he spoke to the girl. "Don't come at me with anything less than all you've got."

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast