Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: [Tokyo City] Interchange

"Well, your trick would be useful, you'd still have to be able to hit him with it. It seems like he's better than we thought getting around Nana's walls." she mentioned of the girl currently in the cage developing a new trick right now. If what she'd done hadn't been enough to get past this young man, then knowledge of the one Tatsuya was talking about meant that she knew that his fight wouldn't have ended any different from the surrender.

Beyond this, it seemed that the man she was fighting was now done with it. She'd known herself to be quite through before she even bothered continuing. Still it was amazing to her that he continued after saying he was trying to fight against their candidate for Sky Queen. She was stunned more over when a vacuum was created by this young man which managed to slip through the defense she'd so recently created and making contact with her upper arm where she felt the press of concussive damage which knocked her over bringing her to a stop and causing a sincere pain in her which she couldn't rightly decide as it felt simultaneously hot and bloated before a cut created itself across her shoulder thus relieving the pressure but still causing quite a bit of pain to the girl. "OWWW!!!!!" she mentioned pressing her hand against the wound as she sat up from the sensation of being knocked down. But if he could do something like that, she felt like he could have done much worse to her overall.

Once his vacuum passed through the defenses of this girl, Shoichi began moving toward her. He reached his destination at her fore while she had her hand against the laceration on her shoulder. As far as Shoichi was concerned in this moment, the battle had been decided, so he extended his right hand toward the teenage girl. "Gomen. I've never actually hit anyone with that; I didn't think it would be that bad."

As Shoichi waited for the girl to accept his hand, Natsu descended into the cube. His Regalia was already active and absorbing heat from the air around him when he landed. "This is an atrocity I won't accept. I'll finish this," he said, intending to begin the next battle the moment Nanami vacated the cube. From above, Kuroko made an observation about how this man had dealt with the wind in his most recent battle. "He's used both of our tricks... and made them stronger. He didn't even see mine first..."

It took a few seconds for Nanami to register that this young man was extending a hand to help her up, and apologizing for the strength of the trick he apparently hadn't known until this point. "It's fine Nii-san." she said taking his hand and pulling herself up without moving the laceration on her shoulder too much. "I'm a bit tougher than most... just be careful, it felt really hot then it just opened up on its own. I wouldn't do anything dumb like put a whole person in there, I'm pretty sure it'd be deadly then." she mentioned. She wasn't sure how it worked exactly but something about the vacuum seemed to have negative effects on the body. But more surprising than this, was the entrance of Natsu into the cube and something akin to him being upset. "Tsu-chan, I can read your face." she mentioned as she headed up, hopping out as her Regalia deactivated. Upon reaching the top she heard the commentary of Kuroko and knowing he was there she was less surprised this time when he spoke. "Hai, he's something very different. Going against him... it's like he's some place high above us. Tatsu-chan, be careful with that trick you're developing... it isn't friendly." she mentioned with a nod. Though her own skills weren't much to scoff at either. She was quite stunned to have taken a loss. "Gomen Tayu-sama. I didn't think I'd lose." she said to the girl. But surprisingly enough Tayuya looked at Nanami and reached out with a hand to pat the girl on the head an affectionate type of thing she did with all the rest of them. "No need to apologize, it seems even Natsu wants in now, do you want to watch with us, or are you going to patch yourself up." she said of the girl and her injuries. Nanami posted up beside them taking the spot that Natsu had abandoned. "I want to see this." she said paying no heed to her injuries.

"... Eheheh~" was Shoichi's response to the girl's advice. Just a few weeks prior, he had placed himself inside the vacuum spheres and used them for travel around the battlefield. Moving right along, the Rumble Queen was vacating the cube, and the next-to-last member of the Raidraptors was already prepared to start the battle. And so, he did, sending an incredible wave of super-heated wind in Shoichi's direction without much warning. This was hot enough to begin peeling away the Sky King's skin after a few moments of exposure, but Shoichi would be having none of that. A single clap created a Moon Drop which expanded outward from his location, blasting away Natsu's attack immediately. "Not to be rude, but..." During the moment of surprise Natsu experienced due to this trick, Shoichi clapped again. This created a second Moon Drop of the conventional type, forming a dense sphere of air to slam against the Heat King from above. This quickly incapacitated the boy, and even left a crater in the ground where he stood. As Natsu struggled to pull himself out of the crater, Shoichi completed his clause. "I've had my warm-up already. I can't hold back enough to have fun with the rest of you guys anymore," he said while looking up in the Talon Queen's direction.

And so they watched, but it seemed that it wasn't going to last very long, it appeared the young man was done with the starter fights and wanted to move along. But beyond that his use of wind was well beyond what any B-class rider should be capable of, whatever information Natsu had on this young man was wrong, or exceedingly outdated. It was a stunning thing to be able to take a team which was composed of strong King Class riders without breaking a sweat. Tayuya stood for the first time in a while and she was positively giddy though her outward appearance didn't have any thing in it but calmness. She'd just seen her entire team be wiped out before her and though this wasn't serious it wasn't really something she could tolerate even Natsu had fallen. She stood away from the rails and jumped high into the air, higher than most people needed to but in so doing she fell towards the ground and the opening of the cube in a single twirling motion which would cause the wings of her regalia to unfurl creating the three sharper talons at the calves of her now knee high ATs.

"And just who are you?"she asked this was a touch of impatience herself. It was quite different for her to seem anything but lethargic and right now she was on the verge of being upset, still she reached out to offer Natsu a hand up from the crater he'd found himself in while those large eyes cut in the white haired lads direction. Conquered her entire team, and here she'd thought the pink haired girl who beat Roku was surprising enough a feat.

When Tayuya offered her hand, Natsu shook his head and pushed himself out of the crater using his own strength. "This is interesting. I've never been wrong before. His body is seasoned to resist strong wind currents; I thought I could blast him away and burn him before he got to do anything." Natsu proceeded to stretch his limbs and pop his joints, loosening up from the crushing sensation he had so recently been exposed to. He then left the cube, but not before delivering one final piece of advice to the Talon Queen. "Have fun, if it ends up being possible."

As the Heat King was taking his leave, the white-haired man was rotating his shoulders in preparation for the final battle. "Shoichi desu," was the only response he had to offer for her given question. With that, he held out his fist, aiming to begin the battle to end the war with a simple tap of knuckles. "And you?"

Tayuya rolled her eyes just a little, but she sort of expected Natsu to pull himself up. After all he'd been much the same way after the match she'd had with him that ended with him being part of this team. Beyond that he seemed to have a good analysis of the challengers body down and it made her brows raise slightly. "Really?" she said seemingly surprised, both at the apparent physical condition of the white haired man, and at the strategy that the Heat King planned to use to finish this battle. His advice upon leaving surprised the girl just a bit, making her eyes widen if only slightly. "You changed your mind then?" she said to Natsu who was already going.

Just like that it seemed this boy wanted to fight and he gave his name in answer to her question and she frowned slightly. "That isn't what I meant at all." she said only to extend her own fist to tap his knuckles after all, she had to admit he was quite skilled even if he didn't look it at all. "I'm Tayuya." she offered though this was a fight there was no need to be rude. She'd carried on a conversation with their last major competition there was no reason to offer any less. The rest of her group seemed content to watch from the outside but with her regalia already active it didn't matter that this battle was taking place within such a confined space. A cube was her preference for battle as well, simply because it let it be over with as quickly as possible. Chiyo watched the start of this battle and smiled showing fangs. From what she could see, Shoichi had gone back to being his usual self already and was content to have a fight so she'd take it as an opportunity to observe, a blink would follow the activation of her eyes as she allowed herself the ability to have a better look at the battle and a wider field of vision to keep everything in frame. After all, she didn't want to miss a second of this.

"Yoroshiku... Tayuya-chan," he said as greeting before hopping away from the lass. Judging by the entrance she had made to the cube, she was a wind rider through and through... and this made the cube they were in unacceptable. As such, Shoichi's first attack was another outward Moon Drop, not aimed at Tayuya, but at the cube around the pair of them. Once everything around them began to crumble, the man took to the sky and beckoned Tayuya to join him. "C'mon. You like the wind too. People like us shouldn't be boxed in, yeah? I wanna see everything you can throw at me, and I don't think you'll be able to do that from a cage. Not with those wings." As Shoichi spoke, his ocular ability was slowly becoming visible until one could easily see wings spread around his conical pupils, and light waves spanning around the wings.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too." said Tayuya. She found this niceness odd considering the different between how this young man was acting now and how he had been when he first arrived. It was very strange to see. Beyond this it seemed that Shoichi wasn't too keen on remaining within the cube, of course, she could understand this cube battles were limiting but what he did was simply use the wind to shatter the block. It was unheard of as he hopped off into the sky she looked stunned. "Wings? What was that? You destroyed the cube..." she said though she was now hopping after him up and into the sky, she had to admit she liked the open air better than anything else, but it isn't like anyone should have known that fact. Beyond this the boy's eyes underwent another change, he seemed to have regular eyes, those freaky almost twinkle eyes and now these ones which she could see wings spreading through. She was a science experiment herself and she found him to be stranger in all ways that she was herself. "What are you, your eyes do freaky things, that is the third set I've seen in your face." she said seeming to not understand any of this. It was shocking and she needed to reconcile what she saw with all that had happened. It seemed to be that this person was well beyond what she'd imagined him to be at first, but she still didn't know if he couldn't be beaten, the thought of trying, made her a bit giddy as she soared up higher.

'Eh, that was my first cube, fuck... I liked the one inside better anyways.' the Storm Queen thought as she watched the pair of wind riders rise into the sky. It was after all always an amazing thing to witness, she understood at least that up was where Shoichi felt most comfortable and she'd also assume the same of the blue haired girl considering how she'd chosen to enter.

"I'm a Gravity Child, just like you. Well... a bit more than that. I had someone else's personality implanted in my brain when I was a kid, but right now, I'm me. And while I'm me, I can see the wind itself." When Shoichi reached the desired altitude with his wind manipulation, he spread his arms and gathered a large amount of wind with his hands. This wind was forced into the hind wheels of his ATs thereafter, causing those very wheels to open and form a pair of wings which allowed him flight without continued wind control. This gave him the freedom to show Tayuya the wings of which he spoke, by accentuating the view he saw of them using his Stardust Road. "The wings... they're something I properly figured out pretty recently. Every Storm Rider, no matter what Road they ride, has to interface with the wind. How they do that determines how the wind moves around them, and the bigger the impact is, the bigger the wings are. Take a look," he said, gesturing toward Tayuya's back. If she chose to look, then Shoichi would immediately make visible the wings of all known people in the vicinity. "Your wings show your potential, and yours are among the biggest I've ever seen."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast