Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [Tokyo City] Interchange

"Sou ka, so your Twinkle Eye is just weird. And you have another form of vision that lets you see wind..." she said in response to the news that this young man was a Gravity Child. At the very least it made a bit of sense as to why none of them could get a proper read on the kind of person he was and how he'd ended up being underwhelming with his initial appearance. She didn't know about this other vision and assumed it to be something special about him in particular. It made even more sense when the back wheels of his ATs unfurled revealing a pair of wings which were his wheels. Now things were beginning to make sense, and the more sense it made, the more giddy the Talon Queen got. Upon being given an explanation of what wings were Tayuya turned to have a look at what were apparently her own. Looking back she saw large wings. "Eh, that... is so weird to see." she commented. It was strange but she didn't imagine the sort of impact she had to be making for her own wings to be as large as they appeared to be, and the man before her said they were just her potential, this made her believe it was possible to make them larger or something of the sort. Still, the fact that he seemed to be so advanced could only mean that he was part of the previous generation and she'd still not actually heard of him. The wings of all the other children present were also visible and sizable even though not as large as her own. A smile crossed her face as she noticed them. "Hai, must be nice to see how everyone can be." she mentioned only to turn back and see Shoichi's wings as well her eyes widening as he couldn't even begin to fathom what his potential was given how large his wings were compared to her own.

Down below the people still spectating the fight were having their wings made visible as well. Nanami who had fought the young man before had wide eyes as she stared up and saw the light reveal wings and her own. "Sugoi. Tayu-sama has wings." she said seeming to be surprised. Only to get more surprised as she noticed the ones around her and her own. "What is this, Nii-san, is this something you did?" she yelled upwards both confused an in awe but then from below she saw the 'wings' attached to Shoichi and got really quiet. "Who is he and why are his so big?" she mentioned. All the while Chiyo was able to see both the battle and the people below from her slightly raised position. It was always a shock to see the wings Shoichi could apparently see, her own weren't included probably because it wasn't obvious she was here. 'I only ever really understand him while he's in the air.' she thought to herself as she enjoyed her friend making new friends.

"Hai. I've taken to calling it the Over-Cross Twinkle Eye. It's kinda hard to explain, but it sees in four dimensions." Shoichi's explanation came with a quick circle around Tayuya, spacing himself around her wings as he did so. "It weirded me out at first, too. I've only been able to see them clearly for a few months or so, and I couldn't rationalize it until last week." With a sigh of contentment, Shoichi finished his mental preparation, or rather, separation from his other self entirely. He was more than ready to begin this fight and abandon everything unrelated to it for the time being. "So... We doin' this, or nah? I came to check you out, remember?"

Shoichi went on to explain how his eyes worked and what he'd taken to calling the strangeness of his earlier version of the Twinkle Eye. Beyond this he seemed to be a nice guy which was odd considering how he'd approached initially. She supposed she couldn't fault him for his actions everyone has bad days after all. And it seemed after a contented sigh he was ready to get down to this actual fight. The smile that had crossed the girl's face remained, and it seemed that she was actually excited for once, she didn't know how legitimate his explanation of wings were, but if they were at all factual to his description, it meant that he was better than her. And if this was the case then it meant that for the first time in a really long time... she'd be able to have some real fun. "Hai." was all she said. And it was just like this the girl suddenly became rather serious and moved forward at break neck speed past Shoichi to his left only to stop a bit behind him and up, with the stopping came a spinning motion which created wind blades like tiny stops from the motions she'd created. These could be similar to fangs as they were quite similar in their production but, they had a different substance they were pointed and sharp but flexible and backed by the wind so penetrating and they would aim to impale and lacerate the young man before her, like she hadn't at all thought of the consequences before this moment. But in her own head, if he fell to something as simple as that she'd never get the chance to do anything more anyways.

Chiyo continued to watch with wide eyes as this fight finally got underway. The movements of the Talon Queen made the girl's eyes widen as the tomoe within seemed to dance. "Sugoi!" she said aloud for the first time since she'd been there. Those movements she could see and understand and knew them to be rather similar to her own, but wind powered. Such a thing was unheard of and amazing.

"Osu!" Tayuya agreed to starting the fight, so Shoichi immediately put himself on high alert. From what he was told by none other than Mukuro earlier this day, she was one that required watching during combat. When she moved past and above him, his eyes followed her pattern and his body turned to match it. Her attack was an intriguing one; blades of pure wind were quite aesthetically pleasing, and effective to boot. However, it was Shoichi's plan to ignore these entirely while holding his right hand toward Tayuya for his own trick. Wind gathered around his arm and shot forward in the form of a laser, which plowed through Tayuya's attack and shredded the atmosphere itself en route to the girl's location. "Never seen the Wing Road do that. Weird variation ya' got there, but I like it~"

Tayuya continued on her quest to attack this young man and his handling of her attack was an intriguing one, as was his reaction to the coming attack. There was no fear, and he seemed perfectly capable of handling it. "I ride the Winding Road... my title is the Talon Queen." she mentioned of herself, it's been quite a while since someone had seemed to excited about what she could do. She had at least one other but that wasn't very important to this moment. This was starting to get exciting and with that in mind, she jumped back as the laser was fired off in her direct her right leg spinning as she gathered the wind and kicked back at the exact moment it would have struck her. She'd gone quiet for the duration because this trick took a lot of concentration from her, but at its outset it twisted the wind causing the laser to strike it but sending it back in the opposite directing with her on spiraling winds around it at the same ridiculous speed that her attacks were made. This was something special and that she'd not really had much occasion to use, there weren't many who could stand against her to begin with and this trick of hers was something special to her.

Frankly, Shoichi wondered how this particular rider would react to one of his favored tricks, and what he saw made his eyes widen. "Sugoi! That's it!" he said, as if this trick was something he'd been seeking for a long time. In fact, it was, and Shoichi was quick to mimic the trick against itself. However, his came with a bit of a twist... "I was always missing something when I tried to finish the head, but THAT'S what I needed! Motherfucking Bakuryuuha!" he exclaimed as he forced the returned winds outward again, following the precise principles for the trick Tayuya had so recently performed while adding what seemed to be the mechanics of the Pile Tornado as well. This produced a twister of phenomenal strength, which held the appearance of a rising dragon's head as it ripped through the clouds above and caused nearby buildings and other structures to tremble in its wake. Even the individuals below were very likely to feel the force of this trick which had been powered up twice, and then had a multiplier applied via the new mechanic. "OSU! I've been trying to make that trick work for years, but I always thought it needed something added to the end. Turns out it just needed that sort of start-up. Arigatou gozaimasu! You can have that one, by the way."

Tayuya was satisfied that she'd sent this attack back, but the reaction of Shoichi was not at all what she expected. He seemed to be really excited about the principles she'd used to return his attack and she wanted to question this but he went on to copy the trick she'd done and make it better. Improving it and changing the way it worked to make it something way beyond that which she'd used in the first place. The roaring dragon's head was sent up into the sky breaking the clouds and causing the windows and buildings to shake. This was unheard of, literally she'd never seen anyone cause such a massive attack. Beyond that he seemed to be really excited and she was simply stunned beyond words. "But.. how and ah..." she was done if he'd used that attack against her it would have killed her instantly, but it wasn't even aimed at her. This man was like something from a completely different planet. He said she could have that trick but she didn't know that she'd be capable of it at such a massive level as what he'd shown. He'd used the tricks of the younger members of her generation and made them better in front of their eyes, and had even used one of hers in a way she'd never really thought possible.

Nanami below seemed to be stunned by the things she was watching happening. This young man was going against Tayuya and doing more than just holding his own, he was standing before her doing better from where the purple haired girl sat. She found herself grabbing the railings and holding on for dear life. Chiyo was also still watching and the shaking of the nearby buildings was ridiculous but she'd gotten quite used to such disasters occurring so she didn't seem to be upset by it. Still the trick used by the girl then perfected by Shoichi were more than she'd expected them to be. 'Man, he's so good... I wanna go too.' she thought started to get excited over the new things she could potentially do and show the Sky King of her generation. She still didn't now why he was upset before but right now he was in his element and that was amazing and the sort of thing that made her rather happy she knew him.

"That's awesome!" the Sky King said, continuing his admiration and awe of the long-awaited completed trick. "It was really awkward just having tails. I wanted to make the head for so long. Now, if I could figure out what to do with a giant pair of wind wings, and maybe some claws or something, we'd be in business. But... I guess it doesn't have to be that kind of dragon," he continued. It took him a bit, but he was soon over this moment and looking toward Tayuya again. "Pile Tornado. That trick I used earlier... add it to what you just did; it's pretty fun. It doesn't seem like it'll work with too wide a power gap though, so tone it down a bit if you're up against something smaller. Might end up imploding the trick. Anyway..." Without further ado, Shoichi clapped his hands and slowly pulled them apart. Their separation brought into existence a spiraling sphere of wind which kept its form thanks to its own overlapping patterns and a vacuum shell. Interestingly enough, though, the excess swirling winds created by the clap itself rolled into similar spheres around Shoichi's location at the same time. There were several dozens of these - hundreds, even - all of which appeared in the blink of an eye. "Back to it!" Next, Shoichi tossed the original sphere over his head, then jumped and spun around 180 degrees while performing a backflip, all in order to kick the sphere toward Tayuya. What added to the offensive power of this maneuver was the movement of the other spheres in the same general direction.

"Hai!" the girl said she was also admiring the trick it was beyond anything she'd ever bothered thinking to do. Given how high she stood above her peers the idea of developing a trick like that seemed unnecessary at best, but she was starting to rethink that at present. Beyond this she listened as the young man explained the trick he was apparently giving to her and watched as he started his next trick apparently willing to get right back to it. She didn't use her hands much but she figured it had something to do with why he had so many varied forms and shapes to the tricks he used, though they all started their base the same way. Now there was something else entirely to deal with as numerous small orbs of air appeared all in front of her and the man back-flipped kicking them towards her. A grin crossed her face as she began spinning the pressure differential created by her body caused a vacuum and the blades on her ATs sliced at the coming winds. Such a thing was something rarely done, but would allow her to suction things towards herself and slice them to ribbons before they could harm her. This was how she chose to deal with the barrage coming her way, and in so doing fired off a barrage of long talon like protrusions which would encompass a wide area around her. This trick was normally unused simply because there was never a need but right at the moment it was amazing to see as small orbs of air depressurized around her and she flung her spinning self forward through them. She took this time and the slicing winds she'd created to try out the trick this young man had recently shown, unsure if she'd be able to pull it off, she clapped her hands together vertically creating a ball of wind, but unlike the ones created by Shoichi in the moments prior this one had small bits coming off the side like it was sharp for some reason. She held it in the palm of her hand a bit confused. "Eto... I think I did it wrong."

Shoichi's eyes darted around the area inhabited by Tayuya as she countered the wind spheres thrown her way. There was a certain amount of flair being applied that the young man could appreciate, and when it came to an end, the girl made her first attempt at creating a sphere of her own. It was a very interesting sight to behold, and markedly different from his own form. Shoichi moved toward the lass to get a closer view, and in doing so, he placed a hand under the one she held the sphere in. "Iie. You didn't do it wrong... you made it yours." With a smile on his face, Shoichi utilized wind manipulation of his own to enhance Tayuya's sphere. Its size quickly grew to that of a house, and it seemed to sustain itself over the pair's heads and the surrounding buildings. "You added some cutting power to it. That baby's gonna do some damage!"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast