Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Abenobashi Shopping Arcade

[Miyabigaoka] Abenobashi Shopping Arcade

Instead of a shopping district, Miyabigaoka has a giant mall full of all kinds of shops for the general populace to use. They call this a shopping arcade and it is a popular hangout for teens and young adults and a meeting place for certain groups of people. It is a clean and modern structure with classic architectural charms.

Late one Thursday morning, the place within Miyabigaoka commonly referred to as the "Magical Shopping Arcade" was visited by many locals. Though this was nothing out of the ordinary, there was a peculiar young man in the shopping arcade; one that was anything but local at this point, and that had never seen such a place in his life. In fact, he had only been out in the sun once in his entire life prior to this day. This young man had silver hair and eyes, and a red pentagram on his forehead, trailing down in a line that severed his eyebrow and mared his eyelid, and hooked slightly at his cheekbone to follow his cheek down close to his chin. In spite of being from an obviously different place, he was technically raised in this very city. Indeed, this lad was one of the missing Gravity Children from long before the other disappearances in the second generation. Onishi Toshiro was his name, and for the first time in several years, he had returned from the unknown. "Sugei... so this is what it looked like."

Within this mall was a girl of about 20 years old. She was presently dressed in her Black Order General's modified uniform. A long white coat was flapping in the breeze behind her, ATs on her feet reached up to her knees. She wore a short black skirt beneath it. And a corset which closed around her neck purple in color. Her eyes were a startling clear blue and her long silver tresses reached well past her bottom. She rolled along seemingly with nothing in mind, her aim in coming to this place, to check the bookstore for some new imports before she went about setting up for the meeting that she was going to attend this afternoon. "Yare yare, it's going to be loud." she stated to herself as she began walking touching her fingers to her ears as if to prepare herself for the incoming noise. Such public places were not really her favorites as far as general walking about was concerned, but a visit to the Shopping Arcade was well overdue. But as she walked there was a moment of brief eye contact with eyes most familiar.

The young man's eyes wandered around the shopping arcade gleefully. This atmosphere was so engaging to him. There was so much to see, and so many people he'd never met, or even seen. Of course, he knew there was one person in particular whom he sought since gaining his recent freedom, but never did he expect what occurred mere minutes into his arrival here. His eyes ceased their wandering when he miraculously caught sight of the one individual he'd been looking for: The silver-haired General of the Black Order, Onishi Shizuka. "A-... Aneki...?" he stuttered in disbelief. He wore no ATs, and instead sported a pair of knee-high black boots with zippers instead of laces. This strange footwear carried him in an immediate sprint toward the woman, whom he would then tackle and proceed to squeeze the life out of. "Aneki!"

A calling from a sibling. It'd been several years since she'd heard such a thing. Almost a decade in fact. Shizuka was stunned by the eyes which caught her attention, but the boy's follow up actions let her know that the recognition she felt in that instant was real. Beyond this the girl known as Onishi Shizuka soon found herself being tackled and having the life squeezed out of her by her slightly younger brother. A boy by the name of Onishi Toshiro. She was excited, overwhelmed and more than a bit surprised by this random occurance in her day. But even as she was having the breath squeezed from her body she found it in herself to hug the boy back. "Sh...Shiro-chan!" she finally managed. She had so many questions and was so confused, but right at the moment, she was just really happy to see her little brother, she had unshed tears in her eyes, something most uncommon for the seasoned veteran member of the Black Order. But these tears, were those of sheer joy.

Reluctantly, the male eventually released his hold on his elder sister, though it was not by choice. Something had been moving around, as if stifling within his coat's breast pocket, since their embrace's beginning. When he took a step back, it released itself from the garment. This sentient creature was a small, golden ball-like creature with four, stubby legs, a long tail that ended in a thick swirl, and two feathered wings. A cross fleury adorned its "face", and above it were two small horns. Following its escape, it fluttered overhead the two adolescents, only to be frantically caught by Toshiro. "Oi, Tim! You can't just be out like that!"

Shizuka was eventually released by her brother, but what happened afterward was not at all what she expected. Her eyes widened as a small creature like no other she'd seen before emerged from his coat and tried to fly away. It was quickly caught by the young man who seemed to talk to it, telling it that it wasn't allowed to be out in the open. "What is that? And why did you name it?" asked Shizuka who seemed to be a bit confused. "Where have you been? It's been forever. I missed you." she said seeming to be both excited, relieved and a little sad. It was all a lot of information to take in, but overall it was the most pleasant way she could have encountered her little brother again.

When asked about the small and spherical winged creature, Toshiro looked up at the woman and returned the beast to its home in his coat pocket. "Timcanpy? He's my buddy. I got him out of the tower I was put in after we all got out of ours," he said as a way of answering all three of Shizuka's questions in a single retort. "That one was weird. I had to learn English to speak to everyone."

Hearing about the thing which was apparently her brother's pet and his life after they were separated, Shizuka seemed more than a bit surprised. A pet was one thing, but the fact that he'd been taken to another Tower after they were released from their own was something completely and utterly astounding. Of course, she'd always theorized that there were other Towers, besides the ones in the immediate area, still it was pretty shocking information. "Yare, yare. I am relieved you aren't dead. Still it's a pretty big shock." she said thinking about it more. "You speak fluent English now too? That's impressive." she said, Shizuka had studied English a great deal, if only to keep expanding her library. "When did you get here?" she asked as they stood in the middle of the shopping arcade apparently catching up in the way of a bonded pair of siblings. She tried to be calm, but a single tear fell from her eyes which she immediately moved to wipe away. Crying right now wasn't on her list of things to do.

"Eh? Why's that shocking? Weren't you guys moved to other towers too?" he asked, seeming to believe that his situation was not at all different from the others. He had been taken to a new tower, and was under the impression that such was the case with his peers as well, but it seemed that wasn't so. When asked when he arrived, he looked Shizuka in the eye and witnessed the falling tear. As she reached for it, his left arm rose to stop hers, only to then use his gloved hand to wipe it away for her with a smile. "Yare yare. Don't go that route on me. I got out of the tower yesterday, so I came straight here and slept through the night. I figured I'd check out what it was like in the city we grew up in... you know, from outside the tower."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast