Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Abenobashi Shopping Arcade

"Iie. We were all just kind of out here. We... have kinda ended up grouping up. Several of us came together and formed a Storm Rider team. We have kind of just been living in the area in general since we were let out." Shizuka clarified. Of course, this wasn't the case for all of the Gravity Children of their tower, but none of them that she knew of, aside from her brother had been taken to another Tower for any reason. When she moved to wipe away her falling tear, her brother moved her hand and did so himself. "Hai." she mentioned hearing out how he'd come to be in this situation she smiled. It wasn't surprising to her that her brother just wished to take in the city they grew up in. Shizuka had spent a lot of time here herself, so she knew the ins and outs, but there was something else. "If you just got out yesterday... isn't gravity a bit much. You shouldn't push yourself too hard you know." she said seeming to be concerned. Of course, this was simply her way, and she was quite happy to have her little brother back.

"Storm... Rider," the male spoke with an upward inflection. In the little time he had outside of towers during his life, he had yet to hear of such a thing as these Storm Riders. In fact, since being placed in the tower where the others spoke English, he didn't have access to even a pair of ATs. As for the matter of gravity... well, that was its own interesting subject. "Ano... I don't feel gravity. I remember what it felt like when we got out years ago, but... there's nothing this time."

Shizuka looked at her younger brother a little astonished. She figured that since he was out of his tower he would have encountered or at least seen a couple of team members riding around on ATs by now. The fact that he had no idea what a Storm Rider was, let her know that wherever he'd been before this point, it wasn't under siege of AT riders like this area was. She was silent for a few moments, seeming to process what he was saying. "Yare yare. It's kind of hard to explain. Around here, a lot of people wanted Regalia. Mostly because they just think of them as high class AT parts and such. They grouped up in teams to ride. They bet parts on races and collect things they need to help them in whatever they want to do. They also participate in this large scale tournament to try and win what they think is the best possible part. The Sky Regalia. Storm Riders are what the people born of such a culture call themselves. They are sort of, technically criminals and they persist in most of the surrounding areas, probably because of the close proximity of three Towers in this relatively small area. Every group of Storm Riders is different and all of them have different reasons for doing this. We have such a team, by our count it's the largest team in the area." she mentioned a hand on the back of her head. The news that her younger brother couldn't feel gravity was a bit disturbing. But... she didn't really know what to say about it. "I... don't know what to make of that. But if it isn't bothering you then it's fine. But you don't have your ATs, I have them. But it's been a long time. If you want them back, we should see Usagi-chan. And let her fix them up for you."

"... Sou ka," he said regarding Storm Riders, the Parts War, and this supposed Sky Regalia. "If that's the case, I understand completely. We had people seeking power, too. The Sankishin were very highly sought after, even by the people in our tower. Mostly the Amaterasu Unit, which stood above even the other two. I remember someone getting the Susanoo Unit once, but he was taken out by some weird guy with tattoos and an eye-patch before I was let out." When it was mentioned that he could receive his Regalia, he grew sullen and reflexively gripped his left arm. "... Hai. Maybe I'll... go for a different shape this time."

"Yare, yare. People are the same everywhere." this was all Shizuka had to say about the apparent likeness between their parts war and whatever was going on in the Tower that her brother had become a part of after their initial release. "Sou ka. Different towers get different stuff, your second one had three... still in Japanese though. That's a bit strange." she concluded hand on her hip. Information like this was new and good, and Shizuka could help formulate strategies around things if they were more familiar to her. That being said she didn't much like the mention of a guy with tattoos and an eye patch, because it was startling similar to how Chiyo described the person who threatened the upcoming generation's parts war the most. She wanted to assume this wasn't the same man but... that'd be too much of a coincidence. Still, her brother's reaction to the mention of his regalia wasn't at all what she expected. Most would be happy to get back what was theirs, especially gravity children who were basically born with them. His reflex to grab his left arm made her look. "Are you alright? I mean... I'm sure that won't really be a problem, apparently Usagi-chan has been doing some really interesting things lately. But... that isn't much the reaction I was expecting." she said gently. It was now nagging at the young woman's brain that their might be more to her brother's secondary Tower experience than simply learning English and being with a different group of people. Whatever the case, she pulled out her phone and sent a quick text message to the Pledge Queen to see if she was home. She wouldn't bother explaining in great detail, she'd just stop by if that was alright. 'Usagi-chan, I wanna stop by in a bit. That cool?' she sent to the young woman fairly easily before returning her phone to her pocket to await the return message.

"Hai. They were supposed to be the ultimate weapons among Ars Magus. The Amaterasu Master Unit, Tsukuyomi the Time Guardian, and Susanoo the Time Cutter. There was something very mysterious about all three, and that just enticed everyone more..." Toshiro wasn't quite sure how to explain the situation he was in to his sister after being absent for so long, and likely presumed dead. If nothing else, he wanted this to be an interaction without any potential negative annotations attached, but... he supposed he had to reveal himself at some point. "Gomenasai... Would I be able to enter one of these parts wars? Like, now, for instance? There's something I... should explain to you before any of the others."

"Hm, interesting. I suppose there might be parallels to be drawn, but I'd have to ask more questions." Shizuka said. She knew their own Tower to presently be in possession of two more than reasonable power sources. Such might be standard and their simply wasn't the proper explanation of the final power yet. It was something to lock away in her head for later. But it seemed that there was a bit of a turn in this conversation, as her brother went on to say that there was something he should explain to her before anyone else. And he wished to do this, by participating in a parts war. "Yare yare. Don't make it sound so serious, explain what you like however you like. I've seen some strange things in the last few weeks." she said thinking about it from a logical standpoint. "Well, today is meeting day for our team so we get a lot of individual challenges from people in the early part of the day wanting to try and overtake us before, we do our extra recruitment. I have one up before I'm supposed to be anywhere else. You can have that one if you like. It won't count for your READ level or for you as an official rider since you don't have a chip or at least a standard pair of functional ATs... but if you are just trying to show me something else it shouldn't matter much." she said seeming to have no problem with the idea of her brother taking on such a challenge.

"Eh, they might not believe you plan to take them though, without at least a pair of ATs most people will think you will be slaughtered. Proper wind manipulators are kind of rare though so it should be a shock to them. But you don't really know about the Parts Wars yet... Let me tell you about the racing classes while we walk so you can decide." she said motioning to her brother to follow. "F-class is Dash, it's a straight race, from start to finish. E-class is Hurdles, it is about obstacle avoidance but still a straight race to the finish by any means. D-class is Cube, it's a closed in space one on one battle. Last man standing kind of deal. C-class is Air. It uses randomly generated platforms... last man standing wins." she mentioned.

She'd lead him further into the Shopping arcade and down some dark steps which seemed to lead to nowhere. She skipped the final forms because this place wasn't suited to any of those. But once they reached the bottom there would be a single sticker on the wall, the Rose Cross, and right atop it, some skull shaped nonsense of their challenger. A group of five 20 somethings with helmets on would be seen circling the tracks seeming to be waiting for the defenders of this place. "Oh boys they sent a different general, they must be scared. No one has seen the fanged one in weeks... their ranks are weakening. We strike now!" The leader spoke up seeming to be excited by the prospect, among the things that happened next, was the chant 'Strike now.' which made Shizuka rub her ears for a couple of seconds. After she simply placed a hand on her hip and shook her head. This kind of drivel was way too common in the last month or so, with the new parts war on the horizon many thought to make an example by claiming territories held by the last winning team. It was apparently some sort of statement about how much better they were now by comparison. "Yare yare, this lot is far too noisy. Shiro-chan, what kind of race would you like? It's our turf so it's our choice." she said looking to her younger brother on the assumption he'd followed.

"Hai. I'll answer anything I can," he said. For the woman standing before him, he would do anything necessary to give her whatever information she desired. Moving along, it seemed she would allow him to take part in a Parts War on the Black Order's behalf, though she seemed reluctant to believe in the severity of his situation. He believed she may have seen some very insane things, but when he remembered what had been changed about him in the European tower, he found it... quite repulsive, more than anything. As he followed Shizuka to the location of the awaiting team, she explained a few different types of Parts Wars, though he could mostly only wonder if her reaction and outlook would remain the same after his explanation of sorts. More importantly, the team before them when they came to a stop, were nothing short of an annoyance to Shizuka and the lad himself. "If this group is bothering you, I'd like to silence them all," he said while staring down the five team members and tugging on his left glove. "This... Cube thing. Is a one-on-five possible? I don't have enough control to promise the survival of a single person."

Standing before this new group, she watched as her younger brother stared down the opposing team. The animosity there was something very different than what she was used to seeing in the face of her little brother. But she supposed a lot had happened between the time they last saw each other and the present. Even so, the boy's request for a 5 on 1 Cube match was highly unorthodox. "Yare yare, asking a question like that." she said but before she could answer the leader of the other team did so for her. "You can go 5 on 1 but it's a death sentence for you." he said, which was exactly the kind of response Shizuka had expected. It was generally the case whenever lower class AT riders came across people with what they thought were obvious weaknesses. Shizuka's blue eyes flickered over the group and she did something rather strange. "Shh~ You talk too much." she said to the leader with a single finger to her mouth. The man was so surprised that he merely looked confused. "Yeah, you can. It's not advised for logistical reasons, but I assume if you plan to take on a whole group, you're more than capable of handling it." she said. Pulling out her phone once more she'd pull up a program which would allow her to call forth the gates of this place which were on radio signal buttons. These gates would in turn create a large cube shaped structure within the track space with only a small opening gate at the front. "C-Class parts war, you five versus Shiro-chan here, for the rights to the Abenobashi Shopping Center Underground." she stated. "Bet, it's all we want." said the man who would have his underlings chime in as well 'all we want'. An eye roll would follow and Shizuka would push on the gate opening it for Toshiro. "There you are, Shiro-chan. Though you should know that whatever you have to show me... you're still my little brother." she mentioned preparing herself to watch the fight. She wasn't betting against her brother, but she was always prepared to handle anything. This lot wasn't going to be much a problem given her most recent skill developments, even if her brother couldn't best them all at once.

All Toshiro needed was confirmation of the ability to battle all five opponents simultaneously. With this stipulation in place, he didn't have to worry so much about what would become of his enemy. He watched as the cage came together, and then as an opening was made for his entrance to the battleground. When he took a step forward, there was a brief pause to absorb the final words shared by Shizuka. "... Hai!" he said with a smile of relief upon his face. His feet carried him forward once more, and as he stepped beyond the threshold of the cage, he stripped himself of his left glove. This revealed a cross-shaped gem implanted on the back of his hand, as well as long feathers growing from said hand. His fingernails were beginning to grow, and the feathers were beginning to grow up his arm. "Gomen... could you all attack me at once? It will be much easier on everyone if you did. Onegaishimasu," he said with the most courteous of bows accompanying his words.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast