Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Abenobashi Shopping Arcade

"But girls' uniforms are green. Everyone looks like broccoli~" the small girl said as she hopped up to the starting line. "I can't imagine getting turned into a vegetable and forced to attend classes, boxed in all day... creepy~" Miko seemed to be very serious about her lack of like of the private academy. Of course, Chiyo herself wasn't very fond of the girl's uniform either and tended to agree with the younger girl, but having so much to do in her day was an absolute necessity for the young Storm Queen and as such she could only shrug. "What the hell is with the younger generation and not liking school... this one sounds like Ichi-kun." the raven haired girl said which caused the green haired girl with her to giggle slightly. "Well... it is a lot of green." she said which only caused the Storm Queen to shrug. "I was only upset that they made me wear a skirt. Fuck all the other shit." she said as she waited.

Still the girl in her bunny hoodie hopped up to the line the wheels of her ATs spinning. Soon after Tomoko would begin the countdown for the start of the race. "On your mark." she said the purple haired girl lowered her body strangely to the ground. "Get set..." those wheels were still spinning. "Go!~" the word go would cause the girl to launch but she'd oddly just spin around in the air after her jump, causing the growth of her body suit regalia which would glow beneath her jacket. The most obvious change being the black and lavender color of her ATs beneath the over-sized hoodie and the glowing bits at the ends of her pigtails. Her hands were covered in skin tight black material as well, with two glowing purple squares in the middle of each palm. Once this was done she'd roll away. The girl was rather passive, and her only action would be to create a glob of some unknown material in her hand, immediately after she'd drag it across a nearby wall of the tunnel creating the same chemical fires that had burned the place the day before, following the trail her hand had created. This same effect happened by way of the girl's movements, as vents in her ATs seemed to create chemical fires from her footfall as well. This was similar to what she'd done the day before and seemed to make Tomoko worry immensely. "Starting again already."

"Lucky you, then. The petition to change the school's colors has more than enough signatures to go into effect now," he replied. At the mark, he crouched and revved his ATs to prepare for takeoff. When go was called out, he did precisely that. Sumiko wasted no time activating her Regalia, which forced a certain amount of wariness into Kanda immediately. With a pair of high-powered kicks, Kanda caused a change in his own ATs. The bladed segments around the small wheels detached, only to reattach to themselves and the rear of his ATs. This created blade whip-like extensions, which were one of two active forms of his Regalia. His eyes were all but fixed on the flames being produced by whatever chemical this girl produced, and though it didn't take much for him to evade them as they spawned, he kept in mind the amount of spread this Road could achieve.

"Sugoi~ Never seen any like that before." the small girl mentioned as she began rolling even faster and spraying more of the tunnel with the incendiary substance. Still she wasn't trying directly to harm the slightly older lad. "Eh, well... I am still not a fan of school in general." the girl mentioned about the change in the uniform policy. Chiyo could only scoff, because she would still be forced into skirt wearing regardless of the colors chosen. But even more important than this, was the obvious jelly like quality this material this girl produced had, and how it seemed to become liquid the warmer it got. As Chiyo began rolling behind the race, she was able to observe the quality of the flames closely. 'This isn't right.' the Storm Queen thought, she then began scanning her own mind for substances which could burn like this one. Beside her Tomoko seemed to be going slightly blue in the face, but such was the nature of breathing in too much carbon monoxide. Chiyo's eyes darted over her form as if she was studying the immediate effects of this chemical fire, but she wouldn't let the green haired girl die from such exposure.

"You should warn your friends to leave, those flames are bad for breathing in." the girl with her purple hair pointed out. "Besides that I should also warn you not to get any of this stuff on ya... it burns way too hot and there is no way to get it off." she mentioned. This wasn't a mental tactic, though it was often taken as one. She was begin honest about the nature of her abilities, that being said, she created a blob of the gelatinous substance in her hand and tossed it towards the Lotus King as she continued, as it warmed it would thin the jelly and causing it to rain down over the area he was occupying. If not careful the smaller globs would stick to him, becoming latent potential for fire once warmed by his skin.

When warned about the condition of his comrades, Kanda replied with a scoff. "They'll be fine. They're made of harder stuff than that," he said. As for himself, he had been in more dangerous situations than a bit of fire, but the statement that there was no way to get it off was a bit troubling. 'Che! Guess I'll have to entertain the idea of losing an arm today if I have to block any of that,' he thought. The bit of the Combustion Queen's created substance that was thrown his way was worrisome, but he chose to merely accept being slowed down by a bit to perform a spinning maneuver, using his uniform coat to take the liquid. He discarded the article of clothing immediately, leaving it behind in the tunnel as he worked toward catching up again. "I liked that coat," he said as veins began rising around his eyes, and his pupils were replaced with a trio of dots. As this occurred, he drew his bokuto and dragged it against the floor while riding. The wood on the weapon broke away in the process, revealing a proper blade beneath. Moreover, since he had been dragging it along the substance created by Sumiko, it soon caught fire. "Hoh. That's helpful." Only after noticing what happened with his sword did Kanda look behind himself to realize the blades on his ATs had recently done the same thing. This caused the young man to grin as he kicked out toward the Combustion Queen, performing his first official trick. "Kaichuu: Ichigen!" Numerous small, sharp tornadoes which carried the substance were shot from Kanda's ATs and blades, taking the appearance of supernatural, demonic insects as they traveled. Their goal was always to deal many lacerations upon impact, but due to the addition of Sumiko's own trick, they now carried the ability to cauterize wounds immediately as well.

True to Kanda's statements, when the small girl looked back Chiyo was still rolling along as she had been before, and though Tomoko looked a bit sickly she was also still standing. While staring that direction one might notice the flames around the pair dying down, as the wheels on the raven haired girl's ATs spun, creating a light sheet of ice beneath them and lowering the temperature greatly enough to smother the flames. Upon the death of the flames the fanged girl would giggle just a bit. "Fuck! It's nice to be able to put them out properly~" she mentioned, though there was still a great deal of distance between herself and the other girl so as not to directly interfere with anything going on with her. "Sheesh..." the girl said, though inwardly she was quite pleased, after all she didn't actually want to hurt anyone, it just happened that this was what she had to work with.

Moving right along Tomoko seemed to be interested in this newfound ability of Chiyo's and her general knowledge of the situation. "Any idea what or how she does that with the flames... because we couldn't figure it out yesterday and none of us wanted to risk getting anything on us." said Tomoko. This of course made sense to Chiyo and she shrugged. "Military grade incendiary agent, maybe? Fuck! like petrol, it burns until it runs out. Sticky so you can't get it off your skin, has a low flash point so it burns easily or something like that. But... as is the general problem with most things that catch fire not by friction, if it can't reach the right temperature it won't burn." the small girl hypothesized. "Tricksy little rabbit girl, it's mostly defense. Though it would be bad to get set on fire by something you can't remove from yourself, I respect your caution in bowing out to this." Chiyo mentioned which made Tomoko happy though the black haired lass immediately followed this up. "Doesn't change the fact that you aren't physically up to par." she mentioned which made the green haired girl's eyes narrow. "You're still a brat, Chi-chan." And with that both would go on to watch Kanda's race keeping enough distance to stifle the flames they came through without interfering in general.

After this, it seemed that Miko now had to deal with burning insect like tornadoes coming her way. Her first instinct was to dodge them, making her slow down a great deal to avoid them and allowing the young man now armed with a sword to break free of her for a few seconds. And she was still hit on several places by the burning winds, causing her to have to abandon her own coat as well. In the process she revealed the body suit regalia she wore along with its extensions and attachments. She also had to say goodbye to her bunny ear coat and try to catch up to the Lotus King. "Aww, that was my favorite one. Well... I mean I have like 10 more just like it... but that one had been broken in properly~" the girl said with a huge grin on her face. "Also, sorry about yours, it was pretty cool." she mentioned, seemingly deeply apologetic. It had been quite a while since she faced off against someone who wasn't scared of her completely and who had the skill in their arsenal to handle her abilities. Now a bit behind the Lotus King she aimed several more globs of this jellied agent at him, wanting to slow him down at least so she could pass him once more, they were about at the half way mark by this point, and she'd rather not have to do anything too drastic at the last possible second.

"Don't worry about it. I also have more. And I know just what you mean," Kanda replied due to the apparent legitimate remorse in the young teen's face. Considering the frightening nature of her Road, Kanda found himself looking over his shoulder quite frequently to keep up with the girl's actions. When he saw the firing of multiple globs coming his way, his eyes widened, and he immediately began hopping along the rubble in various different fashions for the sake of evasion. "Shimatta!" he exclaimed. However, these movements were no simple ones. The blades trailing behind his ATs reflected light in such a way that illusions of himself were made each time he moved, and they each mimicked the path Kanda would have taken if he had remained in their location. The number of 'clones' created were equal to the number of globs he had dodged, and though he didn't expect this to work for long in a defensive manner, he figured it would help reduce the potential immediate dangers of this girl's attacks.

The girl seemed to relieved that the other young man knew what she was getting at. She wasn't a bad person, nor was he, what she didn't expect though was the lack of slowing of the Lotus King in answer to the globs of fluid she fired at him. What she found instead was the creation of multiple clones to face against the fluid for the multiple paths that could be taken. "Sugoi~ You're really fast." she stated as she continued, changing the pressure at which she fired this fluid to make it splatter more and thus have a greater chance of influence. "You aren't making this easy for me. I'm glad~" she mentioned, but at that she began to skid there after, against a wall, this friction combined with the near constant emission of the incendiary fluid would cause a near maelstrom of fire to be created by her own movements which spiraled around the tunnel aiming to cause rapid de-oxygenation, which would result in nausea, vomiting, hallucinations and low grade carbon monoxide poisoning for the young lad if he didn't manage to pull out ahead of it. Beyond this, it would slow the progress of Chiyo and Tomoko the former of whom would stop the other one from moving forward as the fire became too great.

"Fuck, we're gonna have to hang back a bit. I don't want to end up carrying you." she mentioned which made Tomoko scoff. "Bratty and brash. This is what you are." she said chiding the young woman whose eyes flickered over her as she thought of her response. "Calls me a brat, acts like her first action upon seeing me out of the Tower for the first time, wasn't immediately to walk into a bathroom and give herself the worst haircut I'd ever seen, simply because I also had pigtails." Chiyo chimed. This caused Tomoko's eyes to widen. She didn't think that action made such a lasting impact on the Storm Queen, in fact the girl hadn't mentioned it so she figured it was completely glossed over. "Eh, gomen. It wasn't like that... I just... I'd recently run into Mikasa, she had pigtails, then I saw you had them too... I didn't wanna fall in line with everyone else. And to be fair, I wanted a hair cut anyways. Probably shouldn't have given myself one in the bathroom though. I was just frustrated and it made me feel better at the time." she mentioned. Her eyes closing as she thought to her behavior a couple of years prior to this one. She'd calmed down more than enough to realize that she had acted rashly, and after that moment had never committed a rash action again. While Chiyo rolled her wheels and created an ice barrier between them and the flames she said something more. "Fuck! Don't apologize to me for being yourself, save that shit for when you'll need it." she said. Soon after a devious grin crossed the girl's face as she went on to say something which would seem completely out of the blue. "While we're on the subject, you haven't gone full Mikasa about Kanda right? 'Cause, that'd be a fuckin' pain in the ass, and you obviously don't want to join this team to hang out with me, just like you didn't join Vongola to hang out with Mukuro." This sentence made the green haired girl's eyes widen and would cause the girl to immediately swing on Chiyo, surprisingly enough the Storm Queen would dodge this action and giggle just a bit. In missing Tomoko would realize what she did and put her hand back at her side. "Sorry, really... I just... don't compare me to Mikasa okay? It isn't like that..." she said which only made Chiyo giggle. "Fuck! I was just fuckin' with ya'! To be fair that hit would have sprained your wrist if it'd connected plus... I needed to see if I'd calibrated my eyes enough to be able to react properly. I got at least the basic movements back. Arigatou gozaimasu~" the small girl mentioned as she waited for the safety to approach the going race, which she could still see from where she stood. "Kanda is ahead in case you're wondering." the green haired young woman smiled. Chiyo was indeed still a brat, but she could see herself having fun on a team lead by the small girl. And if it allowed her to be close to Kanda in the process then it made it all worth it.

"Same to you... Miko-chan," was Kanda's retort. If nothing else, and very much in spite of his behavior in the presence of his peers, the Lotus King wore his heart on his sleeve for youngsters. Sumiko, of course, fit into this category by default, and she seemed quite pure. He wondered how such an individual got stuck with such a Road, but he figured it was the most innocent of people who needed the greatest defense. This particular defense, though, seemed virtually insurmountable. His reaction to the next volley was a clockwise spinning maneuver in which the blades of his left AT came together to form a single, solid blade. In the midst of the spin, he kicked outward with the blade, creating a series of small explosions along the line of the slash. The explosions may have further worsened the splatter of Sumiko's attack, but it served its purpose in keeping it away from Kanda's person, in spite of costing him the effectiveness of his illusions. "You're making this very troublesome for me." Shortly after he spoke, the wildfire created by Sumiko began stripping the nearby atmosphere of oxygen. Though he was already ahead of the lass, he quickly found himself feeling the effects of it. He felt as if he had been removed from his own body, and he was left incapable of rationalizing space around him. This slowed him significantly, but also forced him to inhale deeply in his body's attempt to grasp more air. Such would only worsen his condition as he inhaled carbon monoxide.

The purple haired lass thought this young man kind. Though she'd yet to meet anyone she didn't like in the first place, it was nice to know those who preceded her weren't all bad. She'd assumed the ones who'd gotten to the top in the previous go, had to be heartless monsters. In this case, she felt a bit more like a monster than this young man was showing himself to be. Moving right along, it seemed that her firestorm had successfully began it's work, as she rolled along a bit faster she came to the point where she'd be near to Kanda and she offered him a small bit of advice. "Shallow breaths, Nii-san. Might help you stabilize. If not... you'll pass out but your friends will reach you before anything too bad happens." she mentioned calmly rolling along. She was in the final stretches of this race, and while she didn't know what else this young man had to offer. Extreme de-oxygenation was usually enough to stop most people, given the affects it had on the brain. She'd aim to pass the young man and head to victory the light at the end of the tunnel, was literally within sight. This girl's road was monstrous but she didn't have negative intentions, as such... she'd simply take her victory with the least amount of force necessary to get it.

Meanwhile, Tomoko looked to Chiyo as if confused by her calmness among this firestorm, but Chiyo still had her eyes trained ahead. "Fuck! If you're going to stare you might as well say whatever the fuck it is you want." she said seemingly annoyed by this situation. "Ano, you're still going to say no aren't you?" she asked the small girl and a smile to Chiyo's face which was all fangs. "I wasn't kidding when I said you weren't physically ready. So the answer is and will remain no..." she said calmly. Tomoko looked at the girl. "How do you know I'm not physically ready?" she said. Chiyo then gave the girl the fullness of her vision. "Weak ankles, weak calves, thighs almost atrophied. You don't use your muscles unless you have to, and they show it. You can't complete the trick that would let you into the base, then you aren't qualified to be on the core team." Chiyo finished giving the girl a quick scan. She knew for a fact given what she saw of the girl, she'd be perfectly capable of getting in the right physical condition in a week or so, but Chiyo wasn't going to share this information. She needed to see what Tomoko would do on her own. "We can move forward again, Kanda's losing his lead..." she shared as she began moving spreading cold which stifled the flames present. Tomoko seemed to be in deep thought, but her legs moved her along as well, she had to figure out how to get Chiyo to accept her.

"Huff... huff... Chikusho..." the Lotus King muttered. He knew well by now that shallow breaths would help him along, but that sort of recovery would not win him this race. With a young girl boasting this much potential, he certainly didn't want her entire team being able to hold claims to territory so close to home. As she passed him, Kanda reached out with his left hand while his vision faded, and he began falling toward the ground. 'No. Keep pushing!' The only thing reaching the ground properly was the Lotus King's left forearm, which he quickly used to force himself away from the ground. When he did this, he looked up with eyes that strangely carried four dots instead of the previous three. With a single exhale, he darted forward with speeds previously unattainable to him, making quick work to catch up with the Combustion Queen. His voice, when he next spoke, seemed a fair bit grungier than normal. "Perpetual Blooming Bereavement." With a pair of kicks, Kanda forced the blade segments of his Regalia to detach from his ATs. As they flew off, they circled around Sumiko, as if aiming to assault her from the front. It was Kanda's intention to use his Infinity Atmosphere here in such a way that it would stop the girl just before the finish line, clearing him to claim victory.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast