Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Abenobashi Shopping Arcade

Miko kept moving along passing this young man. She knew that he would likely be succumbing to oxygen deprivation, but... much to her surprise he still had something left to say. And what a thing it was, her eyes widened as a myriad of blades flew in front of her making her take pause and back up right before the finish line. Even though she could have burned them to a crisp, she still wouldn't have been able to pass the young man before he got to the end. All she could have done was set him personally on fire, but... she didn't want to do that at all. "Sugei~ that's a lot to push past. I'm glad I chose this spot~" the girl mentioned. She'd just lost it, but keeping it wasn't really the point. A giggle would escape her as she allowed her regalia to deactivate returning her to the small purple dress she normally wore and just her ATs, with some large glowing contraptions around her wrist and pigtails. "Impressive, Nii-san. I don't think I've ever lost a race before." she mentioned as if this was the most normal thing in the world.

Meanwhile Chiyo and Tomoko caught up finding that Kanda had crossed the finish line first. This was what she expected, though she very much respected the potential damage this small girl had put out. And the self control she showed in not burning the whole place to the ground just because she could when she realized she'd lose. "Congratulations, Kanda-kun." was what Tomoko said. Chiyo seemed amused but didn't have anything to say at first, instead she looked over the purple haired girl with a smile on her face, but fierceness burning behind her purple eyes with the three tomoe still present in them. 'I wonder if it'd be considered naughty for me to follow the little rabbit home to find out who else is hiding?' the Storm Queen mentally questioned.

The Lotus King had won in a last-ditch effort to come out ahead, but shortly after crossing the finish line, he began huffing, and wheezing just a bit. "Chikusho!" he grunted while dropping his sword to the ground. Using his right arm thereafter, Kanda ripped away his shirt, revealing burns along his left arm that had nearly reached third degree. This may have been quite bad, but this was the moment Kanda had to reveal one of his secrets, lest he be in more danger. On the left side of his chest, he bore a tattoo; a variant of the symbol for "Om" with an incomplete ring around it. Jagged lines had begun spreading out from this ring, looking much like the veins around his eyes did when his pupils changed. As his arm steamed up, it also began healing rapidly, seeming to be connected to the growth of these lines which reached around to his shoulder-blade. "Ngh! That was... ugh... a good race..."

Chiyo simply watched the girl for a moment longer, noting that Kanda had ripped his shirt off to look at the damage she saw the distortion of flesh there and knew it'd come from being covered by the incendiary jelly created by this girl's regalia. What happened next though, was something completely new to the Storm Queen as well as the other young women present so they all watched in awe as the young man apparently gained the ability to heal himself up. "Gomen." was the one word which came from the small girl who seemed to be remorseful that he'd gotten hurt. The follow up that it had been a good race, made her happy though. Meanwhile, Tomoko looked confused. "He's healing himself right?" she said to Chiyo as if she couldn't believe it. Chiyo herself rolled around the group, nodding yes to Tomoko while inspecting what Kanda was doing as well as having a look at all around. "Fuck! That mark reminds me of the random wing Roze has... I always wondered what it was for, and why it disappeared and reappeared at random. That's... interesting as fuck, I want one." Chiyo said of the mark. "Also, I like that you were hiding a real sword in a wooden sword... random surprises all over the fuckin' place. And what a nice little win streak ya' got going there." she mentioned. All of this sounded a tiny bit antagonistic, but it wasn't meant that way.

During the process of accelerating his healing ability via this strange mark he possessed, Kanda's eyes were drawn toward Chiyo. "You don't want this," he said about the mark. As for the sword and his apparent win streak, he responded immediately with a scoff. The full healing of his arm followed, and after only a minute had passed. This clearance freed him up to speak further. "The sword was for practice. I've been slowly getting the bokuto heavier, until we were ready for that little surprise I had in store."

Chiyo rolled her eyes. She thought about what was going on with the young man and decided that he probably had some major negative. Given his out right denial of her wanting such a thing she could assume his did something he didn't much like. Not that it mattered to her, she didn't want his specifically she just wanted one of her own. "Well, I don't like the design or anything~" she mentioned flippantly. Moving right along, it seemed that the Lotus King has been progressively increasing the weight of the bokuto that the pair of them used during their kendo lessons over time, in order to prepare for such a thing. A bit of a grin crossed the small girl's face. "Fuck! I realized they were getting heavier, had no idea why you were bothering though. Wasn't gonna argue 'cause, skipping arms day is something I do on the regular." the Storm Queen finished.

It seemed that the Lotus King and Chiyo shared a common interest in Kendo and though she'd seen the start of a practice Tomoko hadn't known about this. "Chi-chan, you're into Kendo?" she asked of the girl who looked at her and shrugged. "Well, when I was trying to recruit Kanda-nii, I figured we needed some common ground, and I like playing and physical activity and shit... so it seemed like a good idea at the time. I have an activity with everyone else anyways so Kendo. Fuck! When I got into I actually liked it, plus I don't think Kanda-nii is gonna let me quit. Not that I would, that is way too much free time in my day." she said rolling her eyes in the man's direction. "You... joined his club activity... just to recruit him? That is some bratty behavior." Tomoko said with wide eyes. She almost couldn't believe the young girl had admitted such a thing, but she did remember the girl being super active when they were smaller, almost to the point of it being intolerable. "Fuck, Tom Tom, you keep saying that like it's a bad thing..." all the while the girl named Miko watched this interaction and found the people here amusing. They were nice like her friends.

Now that Kanda was considered officially done with the Parts War and its aftermath, he forced the deactivation of his Regalia and took a proper breather. In the meantime, Chiyo admitted to noticing the increased weight of the bokuto, but thought nothing much of it at the time. "Kendo is training. If you never progress to a real blade, there's no point in having practice with a wooden one. That is why the top members of the club get bokuto instead of bokken," he said regarding the upgrade in bokuto weight. As for the Suspension Queen, Kanda now saw why she had lost Abenobashi. Among the Gravity Children of their generation, she had likely progressed the least since leaving the tower. This new generation, however, seemed to be cut from a higher grade of cloth in their early stages. "So, what are we doing about this?" he asked of Chiyo.

As if on cue, Tomoko's phone would receive a message from a certain Tar King regarding the interaction. It read: "Strong teams sometimes need a reason to slow down and think when in the face of strong opposition."

"Sou ka. I suppose that makes a reasonable bit of sense. Though to be fair I don't see myself as much of a sword person..." she said. After a few seconds it seemed that Kanda was about ready, his question about what to do about Tomoko made the small girl turn, her feet, her wheels began taking her in a circle around the girl, she was still looking over her. "What I said still stands... she isn't physically capable." said Chiyo about the Suspension Queen. It would be then that the green haired girl received a text message from Mukuro and upon reading it, knew immediately how to argue her own position. "Look, I get that I don't meet whatever physical requirements you have right now, but you have a strong team already, and you already admitted to respecting the fact that I was cautious enough not to take on an opponent I couldn't beat. I could be tactfully useful, changing the pacing of a team full of what I assume are singular minded fast paced people like yourself." Tomoko mentioned. After a few seconds of thought the Storm Queen paused right in front of the girl placing her between Kanda and herself. "Fuck! I can't argue against a couple of seconds of good tact being useful in most situations. Beyond that it isn't really something I'm known for. But I'm not lugging around atrophied Swanmane just 'cause it occasionally has a moment of clarity." the girl said rolling her eyes. "Swanmane?" Tomoko repeated like she didn't understand the reference. To placate any potential argument from Kanda the raven haired girl continued. "If she can get in the door with its new standards... I'll approve the request no questions asked. Until she does she simply can't keep up, and it isn't worth the dead weight."

"Frankly, I don't either. That reminds me though; I was meaning to try out something new with our sessions," Kanda stated, finally recalling something he thought the Storm Queen would very much benefit from. Moving right along, further observation of Tomoko's physical state solidified Chiyo's belief that the lass was incapable of being a proper member of Chimera. Kanda, on the other hand, was more interested in why the green-haired young woman had such a speech at the ready. "Hmm," he thought. To the Lotus King, Mukuro was obviously involved in this attempt. This gave him second thoughts as well, as Kanda could not bring himself to trust the purple-haired male after prior interactions. What he said, he said with the intention of not revealing this train of thought. "I... am also going to question Swanmane, but sure. Though that entirely defeats the purpose of the idea you've just been fed, it would ensure a certain minimum capacity, I guess."

"Something new?" the black haired lass perked up, she really did enjoy learning new things. It as kind of frightening how much she was into doing new things just because they were new, but this was a matter to be discussed later. It seemed that both Kanda and Tomoko took issue with the animal designation Chiyo had let slip from her head while explaining the position that someone like Tomoko would be in if she really wanted to join. "Fuck! I didn't mean to say that outside of my head. Anyways... I think you're a swan. Makes total since to me long necked bird thing, not particularly fast, territorial, loyal... it's what I think of when I look at you. Archaic reference for a female swan, is swanmane. And before anything is said about it, I named myself Chiyo... obviously somewhere in my head, I'm just a bit old... fuck you." she said seeming not to care about anything that could or would be said in reply to her rant about animals. "I don't know what to think about that..." Tomoko said. Beyond this point, Kanda seemed to be thinking a bit, and she wasn't much sure what it was in relation to, though she thought to ask, she didn't do so presently. "Yes, I know, totally goes against what I said a bit ago... but... I am not known for sticking with any sort of line of thought anyways. Plus, she was quite right, I do respect when people and things know what they are and where they stand. She isn't trying to be anything she's not... she's prey and she runs from things that are bigger and better than her. But... she also needs to understand that I have no intention of carrying her while she has such an attitude. If she's gonna want to hang around but run or stop to think about things that scare her, she should at least be able to do so without compromising anyone else. So the middle ground, if she really wants in she has to work for it... my sense of fairness will allow this only if that condition is met, because it is what was required of everyone else." Chiyo finished. Such a conversation was really an odd one to have while a person was standing here. "Kanda-nii, if you're thinking something else... I'd like to know. Mind reading isn't on my list of skills and you were thinking way longer than was necessary for what you said."

"Archaic term for female swan. Really? And you couldn't just say swan?" Kanda asked with what seemed to be a protruding vein in his forehead. "Well thanks for giving me a mental image of a swan with a damned lion's hairdo! Use words that real people say, idiot!" he exclaimed. Whatever was to become of Tomoko, he supposed would simply have to be seen later. For the moment, though, he had gotten the exercise he had been missing recently, and felt better because of it. So, he was content to leave. First, Chiyo seemed to realize something had been on his mind. "It's nothing I care to discuss now. It could just be my past talking anyway. But, whatever. Ja." And with that, the Lotus King began his roll away from the group.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast